https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/LV/6S/T0A1WSA36OTF.JPEGOne of the only options out there, and it does a decent jobI use MailTrack to track opens for both candidates and clients. It's an immensely helpful tool that is hard to live without once you have had it. While I don't frequently use it for anything sales related, just being appraised by when someone is reviewing my emails helps me be prepared to answer quickly. That allows my customer service to be that much better and helps me not be surprised out of the blue by important emails.,It automatically tracks anything sent from the computer, which is nice. The notifications via Chrome are pretty reliable and when I'm at my desktop, always keep me aware of opens. I think they have the right price. There aren't many tools that do this, and many are included in a much larger monthly service, so an individual tool like this at an affordable yearly price is very welcome.,Their biggest issue is mobile implementation. I have it successfully implemented on Android, but still barely use it. In order to use it, you have to specifically go into an extension and click "new tracked reply" for every message you send. It's cumbersome and inconvenient, and I forget to do it the majority of the time. Notifications are limited to desktop, seemingly even when you use Android to track the messages. This really limits the usefulness on the phone which in my mind is a big negative. Randomly I get a message that recipient is untrackable or I get confusing notifications when they're actually group emails. No service is all that great at group email read tracking, but I'm unsure why some recipients are untrackable seemingly at random. It happens to people I have very successfully used this with, and continue to do so, but sometimes it just doesn't work.,7,One of the biggest impacts that Mailtrack has is really on stress - being able to confirm an email has been read or not goes a long way in mitigating emotions in a high stakes process. Another big impact it has is just the ability to take other actions - for example, if a prospect isn't opening your emails, try calling them instead. If they've opened your emails 20 times but never responded, maybe shoot them a text. It's good intelligence to make a better decision.,Bad experience. Warning!It was being used to track when business emails were being opened. This is very useful for keeping in touch with clients for project management and following up on leads. MailTrack offers a very clear and simple way to see this information right within Gmail. I was briefly using a paid version of the software.,It has a clear and very simple way of displaying within Gmail (it didn't work for me, for whatever reason though),For whatever reason, this didn't work on my computer. Not the point of this review though, I know sometimes things don't work and that's OK. I tried to get a refund (within 30 days and within their terms), which was almost impossible. After emailing their refund address 4 times and no response, I tried messaging their Facebook to request a refund. I was told to try reinstalling it and the request pawned off... and follow up messages ignored. I emailed their feedback email address and also ignored. I even opened a ticket within the PayPal resolution centre which was also ignored.Funnily enough, when escalated to a claim on PayPal, they resolved it within a couple of hours. DO NOT give these people your money. They do not honor their agreement and will do anything to avoid it. Terrible.,1,Negative. Just stress, hassle, and wasted time.,,Pipedrive, Proposify, ToutApp
MailTrack

MailTrack Reviews

MailTrack
Filter 6 vetted MailTrack reviews and ratings

Scott Entwistle profile photo
January 08, 2019

MailTrack Review: "One of the only options out there, and it does a decent job"

• It automatically tracks anything sent from the computer, which is nice.
  • The notifications via Chrome are pretty reliable and when I'm at my desktop, always keep me aware of opens.
  • I think they have the right price. There aren't many tools that do this, and many are included in a much larger monthly service, so an individual tool like this at an affordable yearly price is very welcome.
  • Their biggest issue is mobile implementation. I have it successfully implemented on Android, but still barely use it. In order to use it, you have to specifically go into an extension and click "new tracked reply" for every message you send. It's cumbersome and inconvenient, and I forget to do it the majority of the time.
  • Notifications are limited to desktop, seemingly even when you use Android to track the messages. This really limits the usefulness on the phone which in my mind is a big negative.
  • Randomly I get a message that recipient is untrackable or I get confusing notifications when they're actually group emails. No service is all that great at group email read tracking, but I'm unsure why some recipients are untrackable seemingly at random. It happens to people I have very successfully used this with, and continue to do so, but sometimes it just doesn't work.
Mailtrack is great for tracking emails if you do not want to pay for larger more complicated tools that do the same thing. If you already love your system but just want to add some convenient read tracking, that's exactly what this is for.

If you have a system that doesn't work well, I would take the time to evaluate alternatives that also include read tracking (Salesforce for example). This also applies if you're trying to use this for large outbound sales emails - there are a lot of applications that have email tracking built in (Outreach.io is a great example) so it may just be worth switching your whole system.
Read Scott Entwistle's full review
Chris Murdock profile photo
July 05, 2017

MailTrack Review: "Bad experience. Warning!"

• It has a clear and very simple way of displaying within Gmail (it didn't work for me, for whatever reason though)
  • For whatever reason, this didn't work on my computer. Not the point of this review though, I know sometimes things don't work and that's OK. I tried to get a refund (within 30 days and within their terms), which was almost impossible. After emailing their refund address 4 times and no response, I tried messaging their Facebook to request a refund. I was told to try reinstalling it and the request pawned off... and follow up messages ignored. I emailed their feedback email address and also ignored. I even opened a ticket within the PayPal resolution centre which was also ignored.Funnily enough, when escalated to a claim on PayPal, they resolved it within a couple of hours.
  • DO NOT give these people your money. They do not honor their agreement and will do anything to avoid it. Terrible.
Useful for tracking whether your emails have been opened. Easily viewed within your Gmail. Will very clearly show when an email has been opened.
Read Chris Murdock's full review

MailTrack Scorecard Summary

About MailTrack

MailTrack is a basic sales email tracking app, downloadable online for free. It allows users to double-check from mobile to their Gmail accounts, in order to know when their emails are read with privacy and safety.