Mailtrack Reviews

January 13, 2021
Deon Wagener | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mailtrack is mainly just used by the Commercial Sales team at the moment. It is being trialed as an alternative to Boomerang.
Within Sales, it is very important to be able to keep track of who read emails vs who didn't in order to prioritise your day. By using Mailtrack, we are able to see if a particular email is "hot" or not for example, giving invaluable insight into the situation.
  • Summaries of all emails sent.
  • Snooze functions.
  • Hot topic (when read or forwarded many times).
  • Would like to be able to specify when the snooze should be activated until. Right now only 2 options. 24h or 48h.
For sales people to be able to follow up we need to know if the email was actually read or not. When it has not been read we don't even need to worry about following up yet.
Read Deon Wagener's full review
December 18, 2020
Sukanta Bala | TrustRadius Reviewer
In general, [Mailtrack] is useful and great. I use it to know if my customer checked my email with proposals. I used Mailtrack with my Gmail and it [was] super helpful. It allows you to track your emails, see who and when they read them which really helps me keep track and organize my schedule and work.
  • Live tracking
  • Cheap
  • Accurate
  • Fast
[Mailtrack] works pretty well for tracking opens. That's really all I ask of it, and for the most part, it has filled that job pretty well. I mostly get the notifications, and once I refigure out the mobile part to be working again then it should do that job pretty well across all platforms.
Read Sukanta Bala's full review
November 12, 2020
Samiyan Momin | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mailtrack provides a highly reliable means to check on your communication and keep tabs on what has been read and if the customer needs to be reminded about the communication. Mailtrack has made our operations more efficient by highlighting Clientele which needs attention.
  • Mail tracking.
  • Immediate notification on communication.
  • Reminders if mails have been read or not.
  • Notifies if email is from an old conversation.
  • None.
Extremely well suited for all Departments and scenarios irrespective of the nature of the message.
Weekly mails regarding new offers, immediate reply in case of assistance requests.
Read Samiyan Momin's full review
November 11, 2020
David Šujdović | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used across the whole organization. It's very important that we know if our emails have been sent to the right emails, and Mailtrack really helps with this. It's quite common that businesses don't have their emails updated in public registers so it's really useful that we have a tool to track what emails actually reached the right address.
  • Fair price
  • Beginner friendly
  • Immediate feedback knowing if the email was delivered.
  • Some of the settings can be confusing at first.
  • Some alerts are on by default and can be annoying at times.
  • Good to know if the email was deleted.
  • It would be great to know how much time recipients spent on each email.
Mailtrack is well suited to my colleagues. For us, it's very important to know if mail reached its recipient. We use it when we send invitations for our events, projects, etc. When using the non-pro version, the label looks kinda out of place, as an incentive to buy the pro version.
Mailtrack has amazing support, it is easy to navigate and use. Replies are fast, they are always helpful and friendly.
Read David Šujdović's full review
November 07, 2020
Shubhankar Niphadkar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Being from a Sales department, it becomes very important for us to know the status of our emails, and Mailtrack does exactly that. We get a detailed report on which mail has been opened how many times, which makes it very easy for us to practice a focused approach in sales. A few of my teammates also use Mailtrack and find it extremely useful. The insights by Mailtrack help us a lot in prioritizing the customers and using that research to drive the revenue.
  • A detailed daily report on all the sent emails.
  • Extremely useful insights about the opened emails.
  • Instant notifications of recently opened mails to help with engaged leads.
  • For leads opening the mail multiple times, detailed analytics should be offered.
Well suited if you are in the Sales department where you need to check the mail status for prioritizing the leads. Not well suited for personal communication.
If we face any problems (we don't), it is very easy to reach to their support who contact us immediately and resolve our issue quickly.
Read Shubhankar Niphadkar's full review
October 24, 2020
Ken Franklin | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm using to track when and if recipients are opening my emails. Often this is very important when talking to different departments in other organisations. It is also helpful for me to know when my Invoice for services has been opened by clients. It enables me to get back as soon as possible to follow up.
  • Advises when you email is opened.
  • Advises when it is opened multiple times.
  • Advises after 24 hours if the email hasn't been opened.
  • I haven't got any particular areas that I think need improvement.
Given that the Basic version is available for free I can only recommend the people try it themselves and then decide for themselves whether it is the right product for their individual needs. For me personally, it is perfect.
It is so user friendly I haven't had recourse to use support. I think this speak volumes on the product
Read Ken Franklin's full review
October 16, 2020
Vincent Hsiao | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mailtrack is being used by select individuals. Our organization does not enforce it so it's really up to the user if they wish to use it. It's primarily used by anyone writing emails to clients. Employees that communicate internally don't use it because if we need a response it's easy to get their attention. The value of using it to communicate to clients, partners, or external communication is important because we have limited ways of contacting those individuals. Clients, per se, only provide us with email and sometimes phone numbers. Mailtrack helps our Sales Reps understand when clients are actively looking at the email so we can gauge interest. Knowing when our email recipients are active helps create project efficiencies.
  • I need my Client to understand a few points, usually one thing at a time so they don't get confused. Mailtrack lets me know when my client opens the email so I can plan when to send my next instruction.
  • I wrote an email draft to follow up with my Client. Mailtrack lets me know my Client opened my initial email at 8PM so I immediately send my drafted email to increase my Client's engagement.
  • Sometimes people don't confirm they read your email, at least with Mailtrack I know they opened it and possibly read it.
  • I think all the features work as it should. I use the free version of Mailtrack so there's not much I can expect to go wrong.
  • It's a hassle to always delete their marketing attempt in my emails.
  • Make sure to reset your browser if you notice Mailtrack isn't active.
I would highly recommend Mailtrack to a colleague. We send emails with the intent of having them read and replied to by the recipient. It is only more effective to know when people are opening and reopening emails sent by you. This allows us to confirm if information has been relayed and if we need to conduct a follow up.
It really doesn't require any support from Mailtrack, it does its job without any issues!
Read Vincent Hsiao's full review
October 13, 2020
Stephanie Truong | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a licensed Realtor in Austin, TX. I started using Mailtrack because I wanted to be able to track when my offers were being sent to other agents. I ask for confirmation of receipt, but not everyone responds right away. It's any easy way for me to see if they have opened my email.
  • The ability to see whether your email has been opened.
  • When the email is sent to more than one person, you don't know who has read it.
Personally, I think it is a great way to send emails and know that they have been received. I don't feel like there are any scenarios where it is not appropriate.
I have not had to contact support for any issues.
Read Stephanie Truong's full review
October 08, 2020
Todd Boone | TrustRadius Reviewer
I currently us Mailtrack in my everyday work life. It allows me to identify when and how many times my email was opened and read. Previously I had no idea if the customer was reading my emails, or even getting them.
  • Easily identifies when an email has been read.
  • Allows me to track the full history of the email, including if it has been forwarded.
  • Supplies me with a weekly report if I desire.
  • It would be nice to know how long the email was opened. This might give me better insight as to whether it was actually read or just briefly opened and closed. If this feature exists I haven't found it yet.
Mailtrack is also good at letting me know when and how long ago an email was opened.
When I have had questions I have gotten a reply within 24 hours.
Read Todd Boone's full review
Cindy Kenney | TrustRadius Reviewer
I utilize Mailtrack to track how many emails have been opened and when they have been opened. We also track how long it takes to receive a response to our emails once they have been opened, or if a response is ever received after they are opened. We also track the unopened emails as well.
  • Email Accountability
  • Email Response Time
  • Number of Emails Opened
  • I really don't have any cons. I have been very pleased with Mailtrack.
This is a great program for tracking emails, particularly in marketing departments. It works quite well. It provides reminders of emails that have not been opened. It provides you with daily tracking reports. You have an activity dashboard, link tracking, and it even tracks emails that have attachments. I find this an excellent program for judging email effectiveness.
Mailtrack is very easy to use. When I have had a question regarding the use of the Mailtrack program, it has been very easy to obtain an answer. Mailtrack has both email and phone support available and they are very courteous and knowledgable and willing to help whenever you need any type of help or support.
Read Cindy Kenney's full review
September 24, 2020
Sandeep Ravidutt Sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mailtrack is a wonderful software to use. I have been sending emails to my prospects and clients through Gmail. There is no email tracking mechanism provided by Gmail. Mailtrack solves this grave issue and helps us to know who has opened our emails and how many times. It is a wonderful piece of software which easily syncs with Gmail. The software also gives a daily report as to how many emails were read, etc. Mailtrack helps us to focus on those clients who are interested in our emails. It helps us to sell our e-publication subscription. Thanks to the entire team who has made this wonderful software.
  • Mailtrack tells you who has opened your emails and how many times. This helps us to focus on interested prospects.
  • Mailtrack has a feature called as Campaign wherein one can mailmerge more than one email address and send the standard sales mail in one go. It really helps.
  • Mailtrack helps to get a daily report about the emails sent and read.
  • Mailtrack helps us to identify hot leads by telling us which are the guys who opened our emails multiple times.
  • Mailtrack should give a separate dashboard to check datewise statistics separately. Mails notifying unopened emails becomes a clutter.
  • Mailtrack should also allow to merge the individual names in Campaign option.
It is best suited for sales teams who need to know in real time about the status of the emails sent. It is less appropriate for sending personal emails. Mailtrack is well suited for internal teams also. It can help the team member to know whether or not their previous email was read. Many a time, people often feign ignorance with respect to having received the email in order to skip responsibility. If Mailtrack is used no one can give an excuse about not reading an email.
I never needed any support because the software is flawless. I never ever faced any glitch, the software is smooth to use. It doesn't even need much of a training. Support is not required at all in the present avatar of Mailtrack. We can only contact them for additional features.
Read Sandeep Ravidutt Sharma's full review
September 23, 2020
Fatima Cruz | TrustRadius Reviewer
I primarily use it to track emails sent to students for tasks or appointments. It has been very helpful during distance learning since we no longer have that face to face, all day interaction. I am able to track which students still need to complete certain assignments, and if they are aware that there is a task needed to be completed.
Communication with staff has also been better since I can now track when they read my emails and how long it took for them to respond, when I reach out to set meeting times or even ask for ideas.
  • Email tracking.
  • Weekly Summaries of all emails sent.
  • Notifications of which emails haven't been read.
  • More affordable.
  • Maybe a setting to turn off each time it's being opened.
It helps me keep track of my emails sent to students as well as with coworkers. I have the free version so the Mailtrack signature looks so unprofessional, but it has been helpful when tracking my students' responses to tasks or appointments. This has been a great asset to the distance learning and I recommend it to the educators I work with as well.
I haven't had much interaction because I've had no problems, but when they reach out, they are are very quick and responsive.
Read Fatima Cruz's full review
September 22, 2020
Dr. Jaleel Polin | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Mailtrack during the past 3 years across different organizations. I used it personally, it is not deployed organization-wide. It integrates easily via Gmail and it is really a very helpful tool. I can know instantly when people are reading my mail and also when they are reviewing the mail once more. It helps me to make sure that my mail is read properly and helps in planning follow up calls and meetings.
  • It helps in knowing when mail is read.
  • It integrates easily with Gmail.
  • It helps in providing dashboards and summaries about the mail sent and read.
  • Gmail integration on mobile.
  • Notifications on the task bar.
Mailtrack can be used during the sales and pre-sales process. After cold calling, it can help to monitor a follow-up call and know for sure that the mail is getting the right attention. If not, proper actions can be taken. It also helps to manage team members virtually. To make sure that the mails are delivered properly and read on time.
Read Dr. Jaleel Polin's full review
September 14, 2020
Kiran Patil | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Mailtrack for 2 months. It is very, very helpful for me to track how much my clients and customers are interested in our emails. We segregate the customers according to their opening times of emails. Due to this feature of Mailtrack we are now able to observe our customer behaviour. It help us to find more interested customers with conversion potential. Kudos to the Mailtrack team.
  • Perfect tracking of email reading.
  • Real time notifications of email opening.
  • No suggestions at this moment.
Mailtrack can be used while targeting a specific audience for email marketing. After sending mass emails we can track the interested customers by their reading time duration, email forwarding counts & opening counts. It helps a lot with funneling. Potential customers can be found by this very easily. We also get the information about the device from which email got opened.
I am giving this 8 out of 10 rating for Support because I never used it. I have never faced any issue related to Mailtrack for using it.
Read Kiran Patil's full review
December 19, 2020
Ihsane Derouich | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mailtrack is used by account managers who are in contact with clients (including myself). Since we are only using the free version, Mailtrack mainly helps us track if our emails were read or not. We do not necessarily need it for our internal communication.
  • Tracks if emails were opened.
  • Tracks how many times emails were read.
  • Notifies when emails were not opened at all.
  • The free version is very limited.
  • Sometimes, it does not work on phones.
  • It should be able to define who opened the email in case it was sent to many people.
If you work in sales or you are prospecting clients, I believe that Mailtrack is very useful, as it keeps you updated on the status of your sent emails (if they were opened or not, and how many times, etc.). However, the free version can be tricky since you always need to remove the signature of Mailtrack manually, and in case you don't, you might seem unprofessional.
Read Ihsane Derouich's full review
November 09, 2020
César Richard | TrustRadius Reviewer
I personally use Mailtrack to track all my cold mails and/or my important conversations with my clients and colleagues. It's really useful to known in a blink if the mail is received, read, or whatever. The workflow isn't anymore stressful while waiting for an answer or an important information from a technical support.
  • Knows which state you are in
  • Get information about the quality of your mails
  • Clean up your workflow and your mind
  • Didn't see any API
  • Add more specific tracking objects like links, etc.
I think it's appropriate when you need (or just want) to know if (and when) your mails are read, but if you don't really care or if it's just a comfort feature, it could be a bit expensive.
Haven't gotten in touch with them.
Read César Richard's full review
November 05, 2020
Tanaaz Khan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mailtrack is one of the best softwares out there for tracking your mail. It helps in knowing whether it's been sent to the addressee or not and whether or not they have checked the mail. It's great for keeping up with business activities and ensuring that things can be followed through on. Great for both personal and business use. I personally have used Mailtrack to track whether my messages reach the addressee, as I'm looking for potential supervisors and sometimes the emails don't reach them. This has completely changed the way in which I can keep up with my university search. I've also seen that you can see if the messages can be forwarded to people (this is available only in the pro version) and even though I have only used the free version up until now, it's been really great. In terms of business needs, you can be sure about whether or not your email has reached the intended recipient, and Mailtrack can help you follow through on leads as well.
  • Adequate tracking
  • Detailed reports
  • Useful for business & personal use
  • Relatively inexpensive even for pro version
  • Helpful range of plans
  • Can look over plans for short-term or long-term use
  • Maybe have a cheaper plan for pro
  • International users need a cheaper plan, as the currency conversion can make it expensive for them
  • Can include more features in the free version
  • Can offer a trial period for users who would like to try out pro before buying it
  • Could be a little quicker in their responses
Great for both business and personal use. Useful especially when you want to know that you're sending an email to the right address and if they have received it or not. Helps in following up with clients and even in personal use, making sure that your mail is sent, let's say for academic activities etc.
For personal use, I suggest that it's great in the case that you're sending out emails for university applications, invites, etc. so that you're sure that the other person has received them and you can mark something off your checklist.
For business use, it's perfect. Do you want to send out email campaigns? Know how many people opened them! How many did it not get sent to? Following up on a potential lead for the company? You can track whether they have received your email. This helps us understand what leads to chase and what not to. It's really a good tracking software and can be applicable in many business situations.

They have detailed reports and easy-to-reach support. You don't get too many spam-like emails from them, unlike other applications. Their support team is very helpful with any concerns you might have. I have not used their support service as much because I have not really run into problems either. So I cannot comment on this aspect in detail.
Read Tanaaz Khan's full review
November 04, 2020
Abbas Baghirov | TrustRadius Reviewer
At the moment, because of COVID-19, many employees are working "at home" or at a distance. The exchange of information is very important for our business. To understand if e-mail reached our customers or our colleagues, we decided to try to use MailTrack for them who use and send e-mails from home desktops/ computers systems.
  • Tracking the "Out going" box
  • Tracking and reflecting of the "accepted"/ "reviewed" messages
  • tracking the time (of reading of the messages)
  • has ability to track messages with "attachments" even
  • Maybe better interface with (or colored ) reflection between "accepted" and "have been read" messages.
  • Maybe it is difficult to do- priorities of the tracking of out-sent messages, with consideration of their "importance markers"
  • More workability for Gmail and Hotmail , because many people of 2020 and 2021 will be working from home using thses
MailTrack is easy to install, easy to use, and easy to "switch on" - "switch off". The extension or/ application does not need special knowledge or training to use it. You just simply add it to a computer (notebook) and switch it on. And, bingo, it works with your mailing system (out-sending folder) up to when you "switch it off. Very easy!
Very good support and feedback. They have people that really care for the product.
Read Abbas Baghirov's full review
October 30, 2020
Ralph Esposito (he/him) | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've been using Mailtrack for just over a month.

I want simplicity in knowing when and if my emails were read.

I highly recommend using Mailtrack.

Pros:
Easy setup and integration with Gmail.
  • Informs me when and if my emails were read.
  • Easy setup and integration with Gmail.
  • None
I want simplicity in knowing when and if my emails were read. MailTrack quickly lets me know when my email was read and alerts me if the email was opened numerous times giving me insightful engagement data.
The company as a whole was engaged with my usage of the product.
Read Ralph Esposito (he/him)'s full review
October 29, 2020
Konstantin Stein | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm the first who uses Mailtrack with my Gmail to see how or if my mail will be read or not. This is important for me as a manager - to stay informed. I think, if my experience with Mailtrack is successful in the long-term, we can maybe start to use it across the whole digital department.
  • Easy installation and integration with Gmail.
  • Easy understanding, how it works.
  • Simple view in the mail window in the browser - so you can understand the situation quick.
  • Integration with mobile and tablet. I actually want to use one product for all my devices.
If you need to correspond with some important partners, including business partners, editorial sources, etc., and especially when you need to have proof of receiving and opening of your mail - this is the most simple way to get it fast. This is one major function of Mailtrack, and this is what the plugin is doing very well!
Now I'm completely satisfied with everything around Mailtrack.
Read Konstantin Stein's full review
October 21, 2020
Jack Nicholais | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use it to make contact emails to clients and prospective clients. Using this I am able to see if the persons I am targeting are actually opening and reading my emails. Too often in the past, I would get a message that my emails never reached them. Now, I can tell when they were opened and read. From there I can formulate a plan to get them into my company. Saves time and resources.
  • Records all the information about when mail was sent, received and read.
  • Takes the guesswork out of who is reading your mail.
  • Makes it simple to keep a record of those that are interested in your company.
  • Really don't think it needs improvement. It does what I want it to do
Well suited when explaining how my company works to a potential client, if they read it or just delete the email.
This is the first product that keeps it simple but gets the job done for what I need it to do.
Read Jack Nicholais's full review
October 11, 2020
Bernie Holmstock | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mailtrack has been an invaluable resource as a member of two boards of directors in an active Home Owners Association as well as running an online business, HoseGenie.com. As a board member, Mailtrack helps keep track of other board members' involvement and interest level. As an online retailer, I can tell how hot a lead is by seeing how quickly proposals and bids are opened and then shared. The application is intuitive, easy to use, and a great value for what it provides.
  • Real-time notifications of email opens without having to log-in and check is a real time saver.
  • Notifications when an email is shared helps show interest level of my recipients.
  • Easy setup and integration with Gmail makes using Mailtrack a snap.
  • No suggestions. I love everything about Mailtrack so far.
For anyone sending proposals and needing feedback on open rates, Mailtrack is a spot on.
Read Bernie Holmstock's full review
October 08, 2020
Edwar Forero-Ortiz | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mailtrack is extremely useful in our work environment, at least in our department. Before knowing about Mailtrack's possibilities, it was really impossible to keep track of the readings of the mails we had sent, and this great tool has practically changed our lives, allowing us to make decisions regarding the reading or not of those mails, in proposal applications, sending information and articles to journals, and confirmation of meetings.
  • It really does work
  • Its management is very easy
  • Non-intrusive
  • It should be better integrated into mobile environments
Any scenario where you need to have proof of receipt of an email is the scenario where you should have Mailtrack.
The only time I used the customer service, they were friendly, quick and direct.
Read Edwar Forero-Ortiz's full review
Thomas Theodore | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is key in our line of work to know exactly when emails are opened so that key milestones in the timeline can be confirmed and tracked. Time is money and just knowing that an email has not yet been seen can force a phone call to get the schedule back on track.
  • Real time tracking of the opening of emails is crucial.
  • Notice of emails that have not been opened allows for timely adjustments to the schedule.
  • Recipients seeing the Mailtrack logo and knowing they are being track helps expedite a response.
  • Coordinate with email providers to allow sorting Mailtrack analysis.
Critical for anyone who needs to know if a when an email has been opened. In real estate, all transactions follow a strict timetable between events.
There is always room for improvement in anything.
Read Thomas Theodore's full review
Dimitrios Chondros | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mailtrack is being used, obviously, as an assistant to track email sendings & readings. I recommended it across the whole organization, and 2-3 colleagues are using it. The app is helping us manage follow up on e-contact with clients, after emailing on certain subjects.
  • Sending/reading marks (v) before the sender's name.
  • Counting the number of email sendings/readings.
  • Calculation of period between sending the message and when it was read.
  • Providing info about response of clients on emailing.
  • Some dysfunctions between PC and mobile app.
Mailtrack is appropriate in professional email situations, whereas it may not be necessary for private use.
Frequent product notifications on assisting with proper use.
Read Dimitrios Chondros's full review

What is Mailtrack?

Mailtrack is a free email tracker for Gmail, boasting over 1,5 million active users.

The vendor states users will Ffollow up with more accuracy, find out the moment emails have been read, track the number of clicks, and how many times a recipient has opened the mail, using only a normal Gmail interface.

It boasts intuitive checkmarks (✓✓) added to email, for Gmail read receipts right in an inbox.

How to use the mail tracker app:
✓ means that an email has been sent, but not opened.
✓✓ mean that an email has been opened.

The vendor also states it is the only email open tracking in the Chrome Web Store to trace emails for free forever.

EMAIL TRACKING FOR READ RECEIPTS
- See which emails have been read
- Stop asking if colleagues read sent emails
- Access its dashboard and filter emails that have been ‘read’ or ‘not read’

MAILTRACK FREE
- Free and unlimited email tracker for Gmail
- Mailtrack Campaign: Send Google email marketing emails up to 200 contacts at once
- Includes "Sent with Mailtrack" signature

MAILTRACK PRO
- Extra information on email opens: how long ago and how many times
- No Mailtrack signature
- Real-time Gmail read receipts (desktop pop-up or by email)
- Daily email tracking reports
- Reminders
- Last read: know if a recipient is engaged with conversations
- Email & phone support