Reviews (1-4 of 4)
December 11, 2019
We utilize Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection in our organization site-wide. All servers & workstations are deployed with Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection on all levels. I love this product so much because it is dependable, and everything from stage 1 of deployment to finalizing policies is super easy and done from the web portal. No need to install a local server management console any more with Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection! Why do I trust Malwarebytes? Because we have not been infected or breached while using it.
- The initial setup with Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection is speedy and straightforward since you do not have to dedicate a server for the management side of it - it is cloud-based!
- Reporting of malicious items is a breeze from the management web portal. I can quickly review items from my cell phone as I walk through the office, from home or wherever I am and need to check on these items. Other systems require you to VPN to your office, open software, log in, and start reviewing. But being cloud-based makes this so much simpler!
- I would like to see Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection create the ability to setup other admins of the system with restrictive access to only review items, but not be able to deploy machines or change the policies.
- There is an area in the admin center when you are reviewing deployed machines. You are unable to sort or search by Computer Name/Host Name. This would help to quickly locate specific devices since we do not try to memorize IP addresses used by workstations.
Read John Fester's full review
I will always recommend Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection because it has not failed my company. We have detected more infections as a result of using other security software and scanned to compare findings with Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection. It is scary when Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection finds things that your existing software did not see and are real vulnerabilities. The minimal amount of resources it uses to protect your environment actively is fantastic! We eliminated an entire server by switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection from competitors' solutions, as they all require a dedicated server to install the admin management software on. With Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection Cloud, everything is in the cloud, and you do not need a server for this!
January 14, 2020
It was used on a trial basis for a few months on about 20-30 machines (combination of end user and server devices). It filled gaps left by our main AV solution, in particular it was able to detect a number of malware strains that our existing AV had not detected. It also has very intelligent anti-ransomware capabilities, and the feature that can show the highly detailed report of what a particular process has done (what it's spawned, files modified, URLs accessed etc) when it's ran on a machine is highly useful in identifying malicious software from false alarms. The remote remediation has also proven to be highly effective
- Anti-ransomware; the rollback feature, and the ability to stop ransomware in it's tracks would be highly valuable in the event of a ransomware infection reaching a machine. It can block a machine from communicating on the network, prevent the infection from modifying any more files, and allows for a full machine rollback to prior to the infection if required.
- The management console gives you a lot of information on the target machine, including general asset details, as well as infection details. It also has very effective remote management and remediation tools.
- The remote deployment tool could do with a little work; occasionally there would be errors deploying it to a remote asset, and the errors were not especially clear on what the issue was. The deployment tool also requires the install files to be downloaded onto the machine you are running the tool from, rather than being able to pull from a server location. The installer is also just an executable that you launch each time you want to install.
- Firewall capability isn't really present in the product as it stands, which is why it's running in tandem with our current solution.
Read this authenticated review
It's well suited to most environments, however, it has some compatibility issues if you need to deploy it to older operating systems that are out of support (which is understandable of course). If you work in an environment where you have older OS's in the business, the client may not be able to be installed remotely, or at all (depending on the OS). However, if the product supports the OS's you run, it's a very good product to invest in for peace of mind. I was also able to run it on the servers with no impact on their performance
October 15, 2019
We use Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection and Response across 26 companies. It has performed above expectations for endpoint security and protecting against malware, ransomware and exploits.
- The cloud console is easy to navigate and allows for easy management and reporting on the endpoints. It allows us to grey list suspicious files and activity until we can vet these items can be moved to a whitelist.
- The layers of protection Malwarebytes offers allows for different method to keep our endpoints clean from Malware, exploits and ransomware. The ransomware rollback feature is a great way to mitigate these type of threats.
- Deployment is easy and effective to allow for a smooth deployment to new endpoints.
- We have not experienced any areas that we would deem room for improvement. Malwarebytes is always working on making the product better and have a solid road map for the future threats we will face.
Read this authenticated review
Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection and Response is capable of working in all sizes of businesses. It lends itself useful to administrators with little to no knowledge to the very astute.
July 02, 2019
Score 5 out of 10
We utilize Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection (Premise-based) for the whole organization. Its anti-malware, anti-exploit, and anti-ransomware provide protection for all our Windows-based equipment, workstations, and servers. We need a product that provides both protection and centralized management and offers more protection than an anti-virus product with extra, less focused features like Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Great protection for end points.
- Automatic definition updates without the need to contact the management server.
- Anti-exploit program self updates without the need to contact the management server.
- Supports group policy deployment.
- Supports email alerts.
- Works alongside anti-virus programs without issues.
- Usable on Windows servers and Windows workstations.
- Limited Apple support (remediation only).
- Premise based management tool no longer the focus of development in favor of new cloud based protection.
- Can't migrate to cloud based protection easily and requires different licensing.
- They released a definition package last year that caused all systems that received it to block all network access, inbound and outbound. The repair process was manual and took 15 minutes per machine to fix. The only way to learn about it was from their website and it was not easy to determine that Malwarebytes was the cause.
- Management tool does not auto-update client programs. You need to either perform a push update or update your GPO program deployment for the new package.
- Email alerts about clients only come in after the workstation has sent an update to the management server. The management server is not accessible over the internet, so reports from remote users can take days after the incident.
- The anti-exploit module does not like any JAVA programs. Barracuda JAVA VPN and Supermicro SuperDoctor get blocked. There is no exception list, so you have to disable protection.
- You can not make exclusions for programs you need protection to be disabled for.
- Some programs can be disabled by end users.
- No notification process to inform you of new updates for end user applications or the management system.
Read John Delaney's full review
Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection is good for companies that do not have a very small mobile workforce. It is also acceptable for companies where their mobile workforce is constantly connected to a corporate VPN. It does require weekly manual monitoring to make sure all endpoints and all applications including the management service are up to date.
Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection
Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection Technical Details