Reviews (1-3 of 3)
November 19, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
I use ManageEngine OpManager to give me a top-down view of traffic usage throughout my organization and by location. The centralized console and being able to track the source and destination of traffic is indispensable.
- Central Console for top-down view.
- Custom alerts to alert me of high-traffic usage.
- Custom reports for management.
- The interface can be complicated for novice users.
- Updates are continually released, lots of downtime to upgrade.
- Occasionally product MIBs are not available.
Read Mike Maner's full review
If you find that instant alerts, bandwidth usage per port and connections, custom reports and central console monitoring are of use then this is the product you need for network monitoring. OpManager is a tool that gives you great monitoring and is simple to setup, gives you great options for workflow or custom monitors.
November 11, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
We use the demo of this system, we find it very interesting and functional, however, the monitoring of the network has already been outsourced and we do not currently use it
- Network discovery
- Many MIBS aviable
- Some legacy products is complicated to add.
- They need to study about MIB files to customize certain values.
- Network knowledge is needed to configure the SNMP on the routers and configure the server where the Opmanager will be so that it can reach all your networks.
Read Daniel J. Canto Bonilla's full review
For the simplicity of the protocol and versatility of the tool, I recommend it for any type of network or infrastructure that needs to be monitored and if it is attached to the other Manage Engine tools, it becomes a very powerful suite.
January 09, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
I used to use SolarWinds products for years but it got to be too expensive for renewals and too complicated to setup and configure. I made the switch to ManageEngine OpManager years ago and never looked back. I am always able to get all of the server and network monitoring configured in less than an hour with ManageEngine without having to reach out to any sort of support. Patching/updating OpManager is also a lot simpler than SolarWinds. It does a lot of stuff for the price but ManageEngine is starting to get bad about breaking out some of the monitoring features and charging for them as add-ons. Overall a great product that I would recommend to anyone!
- Does great with real-time server monitoring using ping/WMI.
- Great for viewing switch port status in real time.
- Gives you an overall dashboard for your network and server stuff in one place.
- It would be good if they would update more often. Upgrade history seems to be slowing on new versions/features the last couple of years.
Read Ray Koch's full review
This product is definitely suited for small to medium-sized businesses. Not sure how well the software would run in large environments (300+ servers).
ManageEngine OpManager Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ManageEngine OpManager
ManageEngine OpManager is a network monitoring and management tool. It provides real-time network visibility into performance, traffic, and errors across routers, switches, firewalls, physical and virtual servers, and VMs. ManageEngine claims OpManager is a fully integrated monitoring and management platform, with the standard functionality that comes with such an integration:
Monitoring metrics, including packet loss, latency, errors, and performance bottlenecks
Multi-level customizable thresholds for alerts based on monitoring metrics
Customizable dashboards and add-on capabilities
Code-free workflow automation
Distributed network monitoring
Virtualization monitoring for Hyper-V, Citrix Xen, and VMware.
ManageEngine OpManager Screenshots
ManageEngine OpManager Integrations
ManageEngine OpManager Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
ManageEngine OpManager Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|On-demand premium support|
ManageEngine OpManager Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||Latin America, Australia (English) Brazil (Português) China (中文) Denmark (norsk) Deutschland (German) Europe (English) France (French) Greek (English) India (English) Israel (עברית) Italy (italiano) Japan (日Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Schweiz, South Africa, Spain, Sverige, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom|
|Supported Languages:||French, Japanese, Chinese (simplified), German, Korean, Spanish, Italian, Chinese (Taiwan), Russian|