Reviews (1-5 of 5)
October 23, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
We use only it at the headquarters and one remote office (site to site VPN). We do not use it at other locations because we don't have VPNs to those sites and we don't want this information to travel over the Internet.
We use it to:
We use it to:
- Monitor assets and services health including VMs, ESX hosts, switches, firewalls, access points, UPS, VPN and Internet bandwidth usage, site temperature, deupoint and humidity, water leaks.
- Syslog and SNMP
- Device configuration backups on a daily basis (NCM module)
- IP address management (IPAM module)
- Email alerts
- ManageEngine Service Desk integration for automatic ticket logging.
- You can easily create custom dashboards.
- Very intuitive and easy to use.
- All in one solution: monitoring, backup configuration, notifications, ipam.
- They do not have a sensor for Azure or AWS metrics.
- At first, you will get a lot of alarms, you have to fine-tune settings and thresholds and it could be a time-consuming process.
Great for managing infrastructure on the same LAN. Does not work to monitor Azure/AWS metrics.
Read humberto martinez's full review
At first, we were not able to add our Avaya switches to the configuration backup module, our partner tried to help, but they did not find the solution, we had one remote session with tech support of ME and they solve the problem.
- ManageEngine can be deployed in Linux environment which provides an edge for fast application response and lower downtime.
- It help us to calculate and build region wise bandwidth report on monthly basis.
- Easy to add the filters and template in the web console.
- We need to make OpManager more friendly in terms of application usage
- Some of the functionalities, like adding filters for reports or creating other kinds of reports with our own filters, are not supported.
- Need to work more on dashboard and topology maps.
It can be deployed on Linux which provides an edge compared to other tools that only support Windows for deployment. Alerting and reporting schedules are fast and we hardly get any issues with the application.
Read rohit rana's full review
They are responding within time. So no cons here.
November 19, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
I use ManageEngine OpManager to give me a top-down view of traffic usage throughout my organization and by location. The centralized console and being able to track the source and destination of traffic is indispensable.
- Central Console for top-down view.
- Custom alerts to alert me of high-traffic usage.
- Custom reports for management.
- The interface can be complicated for novice users.
- Updates are continually released, lots of downtime to upgrade.
- Occasionally product MIBs are not available.
If you find that instant alerts, bandwidth usage per port and connections, custom reports and central console monitoring are of use then this is the product you need for network monitoring. OpManager is a tool that gives you great monitoring and is simple to setup, gives you great options for workflow or custom monitors.
Read Mike Maner's full review
You can call or email support, they are responsive and fast to reply. ManageEngine has a knowledge base that is full of support topics, almost any issue can be resolved in it.
November 11, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
We use the demo of this system, we find it very interesting and functional, however, the monitoring of the network has already been outsourced and we do not currently use it
- Network discovery
- Many MIBS aviable
- Some legacy products is complicated to add.
- They need to study about MIB files to customize certain values.
- Network knowledge is needed to configure the SNMP on the routers and configure the server where the Opmanager will be so that it can reach all your networks.
For the simplicity of the protocol and versatility of the tool, I recommend it for any type of network or infrastructure that needs to be monitored and if it is attached to the other Manage Engine tools, it becomes a very powerful suite.
Read Daniel J. Canto Bonilla's full review
Without documentation problems and the whole explanation is very clear, good faqs and help forums.
January 09, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
I used to use SolarWinds products for years but it got to be too expensive for renewals and too complicated to setup and configure. I made the switch to ManageEngine OpManager years ago and never looked back. I am always able to get all of the server and network monitoring configured in less than an hour with ManageEngine without having to reach out to any sort of support. Patching/updating OpManager is also a lot simpler than SolarWinds. It does a lot of stuff for the price but ManageEngine is starting to get bad about breaking out some of the monitoring features and charging for them as add-ons. Overall a great product that I would recommend to anyone!
- Does great with real-time server monitoring using ping/WMI.
- Great for viewing switch port status in real time.
- Gives you an overall dashboard for your network and server stuff in one place.
- It would be good if they would update more often. Upgrade history seems to be slowing on new versions/features the last couple of years.
Read Ray Koch's full review
This product is definitely suited for small to medium-sized businesses. Not sure how well the software would run in large environments (300+ servers).
ManageEngine OpManager Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is ManageEngine OpManager?
ManageEngine OpManager is a network monitoring and management tool. It provides real-time network visibility into performance, traffic, and errors across routers, switches, firewalls, physical and virtual servers, and VMs. ManageEngine claims OpManager is a fully integrated monitoring and management platform, with the standard functionality that comes with such an integration:
Monitoring metrics, including packet loss, latency, errors, and performance bottlenecks
Multi-level customizable thresholds for alerts based on monitoring metrics
Customizable dashboards and add-on capabilities
Code-free workflow automation
Distributed network monitoring
Virtualization monitoring for Hyper-V, Citrix Xen, and VMware.
ManageEngine OpManager Screenshots
ManageEngine OpManager Videos (2)
ManageEngine OpManager Integrations
ManageEngine OpManager Competitors
ManageEngine OpManager Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
|Standard Edition||$245||for 10 devices|
|Professional Edition||$345||for 10 devices|
|Enterprise Edition||11,545||for 250 devices|
ManageEngine OpManager Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|On-demand premium support|
ManageEngine OpManager Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||Latin America, Australia (English) Brazil (Português) China (中文) Denmark (norsk) Deutschland (German) Europe (English) France (French) Greek (English) India (English) Israel (עברית) Italy (italiano) Japan (日Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Schweiz, South Africa, Spain, Sverige, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom|
|Supported Languages:||French, Japanese, Chinese (simplified), German, Korean, Spanish, Italian, Chinese (Taiwan), Russian|