Network monitoring (10)
Automated network device discovery (10)
Customizable reports (10)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ManageEngine OpManager, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- $245 per installationOptional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
ManageEngine OpManager is a network monitoring and management tool. It provides real-time network visibility into performance, traffic, and errors across routers, switches, firewalls, physical and virtual servers, and VMs. ManageEngine claims OpManager is a fully integrated monitoring and management platform, with the standard functionality that comes with such an integration:
Monitoring metrics, including packet loss, latency, errors, and performance bottlenecks
Multi-level customizable thresholds for alerts based on monitoring metrics
Customizable dashboards and add-on capabilities
Code-free workflow automation
Distributed network monitoring
Virtualization monitoring for Hyper-V, Citrix Xen, and VMware.
- Supported: Automated network device discovery
- Supported: Network monitoring
- Supported: Baseline threshold calculation
- Supported: Alerts
- Supported: Network capacity planning
- Supported: Packet capture analysis
- Supported: Network mapping
- Supported: Customizable reports
- Supported: Wireless infrastructure monitoring
- Supported: Hardware health monitoring
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries||Latin America, Australia (English) Brazil (Português) China (中文) Denmark (norsk) Deutschland (German) Europe (English) France (French) Greek (English) India (English) Israel (עברית) Italy (italiano) Japan (日Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Schweiz, South Africa, Spain, Sverige, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom|
|Supported Languages||French, Japanese, Chinese (simplified), German, Korean, Spanish, Italian, Chinese (Taiwan), Russian|
- Monitor servers that go down.
- Monitor critical services.
- Email and SMS notifications.
- User interface takes some time to get used to.
- Setting up the login credential for various devices.
- Removing known unused devices.
- responsive GUI
- able to cover wide set vendors
- have some unique features like rack views, business views
- management of enterprise edition is really complex
- lack of integration with AppManager (application monitoring)
- not so easy to integrate with SIEM
- 3D NOC Dashboard gives granular visibility on Port in error, which saves Technician time prior to Onsite troubleshooting.
- Separate modules such as Network Bandwidth, IPAM/SPM, APM, Server Monitoring can be opt-out Individually, huge cost saving for clients.
- MSP version gives flexibility for Service providers, to offer Uninterrupted Infrastructure services across to their wide clientele.
- A strong product roadmap has ensured ManageEngine OpManager is catering to unique client requirements from all geographies. We expect ManageEngine OpManager continue to do that.
- Network Monitoring
- Servers , Virtualization Infrastructure Monitoring
- Services and other application related components monitoring
- Alerting, Reporting
- Scalability Options
- Marketing of the product
- More out of the integrations with 3rd party tools
1. Powerful capabilities.
2. Same Licensing Cost.
3. Product maturity
- Agentless monitoring
- Custom monitoring and scripting
- Application and service specific monitoring
- More customization of reports
- ManageEngine can be deployed in Linux environment which provides an edge for fast application response and lower downtime.
- It help us to calculate and build region wise bandwidth report on monthly basis.
- Easy to add the filters and template in the web console.
- We need to make OpManager more friendly in terms of application usage
- Some of the functionalities, like adding filters for reports or creating other kinds of reports with our own filters, are not supported.
- Need to work more on dashboard and topology maps.
We use it to:
- Monitor assets and services health including VMs, ESX hosts, switches, firewalls, access points, UPS, VPN and Internet bandwidth usage, site temperature, deupoint and humidity, water leaks.
- Syslog and SNMP
- Device configuration backups on a daily basis (NCM module)
- IP address management (IPAM module)
- Email alerts
- ManageEngine Service Desk integration for automatic ticket logging.
- You can easily create custom dashboards.
- Very intuitive and easy to use.
- All in one solution: monitoring, backup configuration, notifications, ipam.
- They do not have a sensor for Azure or AWS metrics.
- At first, you will get a lot of alarms, you have to fine-tune settings and thresholds and it could be a time-consuming process.
- Central Console for top-down view.
- Custom alerts to alert me of high-traffic usage.
- Custom reports for management.
- The interface can be complicated for novice users.
- Updates are continually released, lots of downtime to upgrade.
- Occasionally product MIBs are not available.
- Network discovery
- Many MIBS aviable
- Some legacy products is complicated to add.
- They need to study about MIB files to customize certain values.
- Network knowledge is needed to configure the SNMP on the routers and configure the server where the Opmanager will be so that it can reach all your networks.
- Does great with real-time server monitoring using ping/WMI.
- Great for viewing switch port status in real time.
- Gives you an overall dashboard for your network and server stuff in one place.
- It would be good if they would update more often. Upgrade history seems to be slowing on new versions/features the last couple of years.