ManyChat

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ManyChat, and make your voice heard!

500 Subscribers

1,000 Subscribers

2,500 Subscribers

• Setup fee optional

What is ManyChat?

ManyChat headquartered in San Francisco provides their chatbot building platform to deploy Facebook messenger chatbots for support and service.

ManyChat Technical Details

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 6.

The most common users of ManyChat are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Compare with

ManyChat platform is the best way to set up your messenger chatbots, you can collect email and phone number and store them on a google sheet. ManyChat is easy to navigate, very intuitive user interface and you can create automation without special skills, they also provide a very comprehensive Free plan which helps micro-businesses such as mine to thrive and grow.
  • ManyChat is great for social media managers who have multiple accounts and are managing multiple account for other businesses.
  • ManyChat automation function is great where I can set the responders for my clients.
  • ManyChat visual flow builder is excellent especially how it makes all the steps in the chatbot funnel visible for users.
  • Can't toggle customers in live chat.
  • If ManyChat could have funnels that competes against click funnels then that would be great.
  • For every page, you have to pay a separate subscription to upgrade to Pro.
  • I would like to have more features for integration and engagement capabilities.
You don't have to be a developer to use ManyChat, It was Simple to set up, easy to get started, and creating my first bot was effortless. Even without having a clue how to use the platform I was able to set up a simple bot that generated me at least 50 leads in a short amount of time, ManyChat is very versatile and with integration your options are endless.
Jocelin Carvajal | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use ManyChat for Messenger and Instagram automation. It's easy to set up and works perfectly mainly when the account gets a lot of messages in Messenger or Instagram. My clients use ManyChat to collect email and phone numbers and provide updates once a set of conditions are met. Plus my clients have an omnichannel presence, their customers can get in touch with them via messenger, Instagram, SMS, and email.
  • Collect email and phone number easily
  • provide 24/7 customer support to your customers
  • More than one ways for people to opt into your bot
  • great way to provide offers and sales to your subscribers via messenger
  • Great to build a relationship with your followers on Instagram
  • ManyChat is very easy to set up and use.
ManyChat is extremely easy to set up on your Facebook business page and Instagram account. Even if you just want to try it out, the free plan is great to get started. If you want to provide a freebie or 24/7 customer support, you can get it done with ManyChat.
Ashlie Pappas | TrustRadius Reviewer
We originally began using ManyChat for a free daily messaging service and course via FB messenger support after finding out that our text support couldn't reach certain countries. However, we ran into new issues with attempting to send "campaigns" as it was primarily intended for 1-way communication, and without a response from the recipient, the messages would no longer send. There were similar warnings with the broadcasts used for course updates, but many of them were able to be sent.
  • Two-way communication.
  • Localized communication hub.
  • Ability to create automated conversations and support to incoming messages.
  • Versatility of use.
  • Better one way communication once explicit consent from recipient is acquired.
  • Ability to see in one place where any automations are live.
  • Alerts or notifications when an automation fails.
I found that ManyChat is a strong tool when receiving incoming messages, being able to create a tree of potential responses based on options given to the initiator. There is also a huge potential for complex automation (as long as the environment required by Facebook in order to send outgoing messages is maintained).
Diego Jaramillo | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using ManyChat to automate Facebook Messenger answers through a list of keywords and sequences. The first objective is to reduce the workload by attending individual chats, a secondary objective is to build an audience of subscribers and make use of the broadcasting feature to deliver updates and promotional content regularly.
  • Automation rules
  • Sequences
  • Technical support
  • Documentation
It's great to automate canned answers to solve questions that an audience can repeat constantly. It's also great for customer service and support by answering pre-defined sequences. Also, it's great for broadcasting messages while using filters such as tags and demographical parameters. We are having open rates for over 80% of our entire audience.
There is room for improvement but frankly, we haven't had the need to request for support. Everything is pretty easy to setup and there are very useful video explanation guides and walkthroughs on ManyChat's YouTube channel. The only challenge we have had was to integrate it with Zapier, it's a bit tricky because you need to do a setup workaround first, but nothing too complicated.
Denis Mutsky | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company has been actively using ManyChat for our business for almost a year now. I've worked with previously with other chatbots software; however, I like ManyChat the most of them. We are using a chatbot on our website to engage with website visitors, but the most heavily used feature is the Facebook comments growth tool. This feature allows us to quickly engage with our target audience while either running Facebook Ads or organic posts and build subscribers lists. Also, chatbots will enable us to push desired actions for our app by communicating our offers to our segmented subscribers.
  • Create engaging bots
  • Easily build automated sequences
  • Improve support
  • Build better documentation online
ManyChat is a useful application to build all kinds of bots, whether you're looking to build brand awareness, engage an existing audience, sell new products or just spread out news about new offers to your list. In our company, we mainly use Facebook chatbots to push software trials to our newly subscribed audience.
First of all, unfortunately, ManyChat doesn't offer online support chat, which is frustrating primarily provided that it is not a difficult thing to have nor expensive. If I leave a support ticket with them, it usually takes up to 24 hours for them to respond, and a lot of times, their answer is generic and not to the point.
Bo Ray | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Manychat for lead generation and nurture automation inside of Facebook. Most of our message bots are quiz-style to find products/services that work for our leads. We also integrate it with SharpSpring, our automation software by using Zapier. That way all of our leads are in one place.
  • They have a great flow builder that makes it easy to create new bots.
  • I love their A/B tester. You can create 2 (or 3 or 4) different paths for a lead to go down, then set it to what percentage of leads you want to go down each path. The chatbot handles it from there. This makes it easy to test different questions, verbiage, images or anything else to see what is most popular with your leads.
  • Their custom fields make it easy to gather whatever information you want to gather, and the Zapier integration makes it easy to send that information to our automation platform.
  • Honestly, the only thing I don't like about ManyChat is their support. It seems to be almost non existent. However, that concern is negated by having a fantastic user base that helps each other out on Facebook.
We use ManyChat to gather leads for our clients (as well as ourselves). Like I mentioned earlier, it works great for quiz-style bots. I've seen it used for coupons and for frequently asked questions. I have even seen it used to give a lead the estimated value of their house! I don't know a scenario on Facebook where it wouldn't work.
I have only opened a couple of tickets, and while they finally got back to me, it was several days after opening the ticket. I had already solved the problem by asking the ManyChat user group on Facebook. Since the Facebook community is so good, I am not too concerned about the quality of their customer support.
Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc | TrustRadius Reviewer
ManyChat is primarily known as a messenger bot that can be found on Facebook Messenger and that helps businesses to improve it's customer service and support. For myself, ManyChat is the ultimate social media marketing tool that has helped me to generate new leads via ourFacebook business page, communicate more effectively with potential clients at any time of the day no matter where they are in the world. Essentially, ManyChat helps my business deliver and share the content my audience needs.
  • ManyChat has a Facebook comment feature that when your audience comments on a particular post on your Facebook page then send them the information you have promised them. Once set up, is all on autopilot.
  • We have the ManyChat plugin on our website to act as a customer service chat feature for those looking for help and engage with us.
  • Have some great integrations on the pro account with payment gateways such as Stripe that allows you to charge your clients and receive money.
  • Although it is only used via Facebook at the moment it would be great to be able to use it via Instagram direct messaging.
  • I find when setting up the automated flow, which allows you to create communication sequences, is still a little complicated to get my head around.
  • They provide free training, which is great but very overwhelming and doesn't help in getting to understand how to use the features in a step-by-step way.
ManyChat is suited for those who are at the stage where they're ready to focus on generating leads, grow their email list, drive traffic to their content and ready sell their goods and services. If your clients are on Facebook and looking for your products and services, then ManyChat is the tool you need to spend some time learning to use and implementing. ManyChat is not for those who have zero interest in using Facebook to market their business or new businesses with zero interest in digital marketing.
ManyChat provides a few ways of helping to provide support fo with their customers online. From an online chat feature to a really supportive Facebook community filled with other users just like yourselves who have experienced the same frustrations and can share their solutions. The Facebook group is also the place to find out about the latest news, features, tips, and advice on how to get started. I really value ManyChat more because of the Facebook group community where you can also find their team helping out.