- I like the possibility to switch between languages within one portal and be able to use the portal for more than one country.
- Customer service team; interactive outward-facing portal; ability to create new features if you request and fund them; easy to create simple, static templates
- I like that it isn't limited and has numerous capabilities to integrate with other software and multiple vendor production capabilities.
- I like that the MarCom Central software offers the capability to create customizable collateral for our distribution team.
- No significant cons to report. The product definition process can be a bit time consuming, but the bulk upload tools help with efficiency.
- I do not think customers can choose the option to download and customize the same file - I've only seen either one or the other option next to a file; it would be great to have both possibilities/ two buttons (download and customize) next to a file (or perhaps I'm not aware that such an option exists).
- Burn through support hours quickly; coding required by Marcom team for anything involving variable pricing by format within 1 product (single- vs double-sided included)
Pros: I like that we can easily add products and how simple it is for our static products. It's easy to add users, products and cost centers. The approval process for products is easy and intuitive. It's a localized resource that our users can use.
Cons: The back end of the product is fairly slow. It takes a long time to add products because of how slow it is at times. The reporting for the portal could be better. I know the Business Intelligence feature was created to solve reporting.
Also sometimes we experience difficulty with customizable products. I feel like there's more options to build this out more based on the users needs.
Overall: It's a localized place where users can find collateral and promotional items.
- The best part of MarcomCentral is its flexibility to solve many unique problems for our customers. It gives us the ability to build solutions that truly allow our customers to operate more efficiently.
- The best admin feature that I use all day, every day, is the Bulk Operations feature. This allows me to manage entire portals through spreadsheets allowing me to create and manage massive amounts of products, users, and images very efficiently.
- The reporting feature is second to none as well. Our most successful customers are paying close attention to the ordering history of their products. This allows them to fight obsolescence and focus on the products that their teams or customers are truly using.
- A negative aspect of MarcomCentral is the lack of a true retail option. If you want to build a true retail e-commerce site, MarcomCentral probably isn't the right platform.
- Organization / categorical structure for content
- Customizable templates for users who might not have design skills
- Clean, simple design
- The uploading process is a bit clunky
- Overall user experience from an admin side could be refreshed to be more modern and easier to use
MarcomCentral Scorecard Summary
MarcomCentral Technical Details