Read Anson Abraham's full review
Pros and Cons
- Fast writes. Writes are fast, where it depends on the hardware.
- Reads are fast. Putting into memory is easy.
- Functions and procedures are easy to implement.
- Paritioning is nicely implemented.
- Bloating. Can't reduce the size of idx log file, especially when data is truncated from tables. Space is not reclaimed. Need to find way to "shrink" file.
- Writes are dependent on hardware. If hardware isn't great, writes will be effected. If that can still be solved through software.
- Flushing of cache data is not as fast as it should be. There can be cases of malformed data.