https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/tz/Ws/15F74K9JPO5T.PNGA look at MarketwiredI work at a PR agency. I use Marketwired predominantly to distribute news on behalf of my clients. My clients are from many sectors - retail, telecoms, non-profit, tech etc. I would typically use the news distribution 1-3 times a month. It allowed us to disseminate news and get coverage on some online websites that would be difficult to pitch via email or telephone. I managed several junior members of staff and also set them us and oversaw them using the service.,It allowed me to get coverage on online websites that I could pitch via telephone or email. I almost always got 5-8 pieces of coverage for each story distributed. Sometimes it would get picked up via a newspaper and go much wider. Getting online coverage helps my clients with SEO.,Marketwired has recently changed its online platform. It is more complex than necessary. I used it many times and still often had to call the help desk for advice. Sometimes there would be 'bugs' in the system that were out of my control and even the help desk struggled to resolve it. I used to simply email the news release & photos to the help desk and they'd get it out for me on time. It was effective and I appreciated the excellent customer service. Now the help desk are no longer allowed to distribute on a client's behalf, which is frustrating - even if you struggle using the online system. The section of the online platform I found most confusing was around which media a news story would be distributed too. There are a lot of choices and it wasn't obvious to me as to how they were sub-divided. I often had to check with the help desk to ensure I'd made the best selection for the news story. The level of customer service has declined. My account manager who previously provided excellent service was moved to another role as part of an internal restructure. Many team members at my agency voiced frustrations with the level of customer care.,4,Getting online news coverage is the ROI from using Marketwired. It's a cost-effective way of distributing news, saving companies money and time on distributing every release individually to each news outlet.,,Hootsuite Enterprise, Facebook for Business, Cision PR SoftwareReview of Marketwired for Canadian public companiesMarketwired is used for disseminating news releases and SEDAR filing for public company clients. It is used to meet disclosure requirements.,News releases look good and are easy to find on the Marketwired site. The user interface is simple to use. News releases come up in search engine results.,Make news releases embeddable so clients can easily add them to their websites.,7,Hard to determine.,TheNewswire.com, CNW and Business Wire,Google Analytics, Google Cloud StorageMarketwire - why or why not?We use Marketwired across our whole organization as a news distribution service for our clients.,Great customer service. We are always pleased with their prompt response on issues or problems. Helpful to our clients. Easy billing.,I don't know about the other services marketwired offers [beyond News Distribution] - and no one has reached out to me to discuss. I think there is definitely room to improve on existing clients relations - we are quite happy with the service we use, but I'm sure there is more we could be doing with Marketwired,8,Definitely no negative impact - and positive impact: we get to offer our clients additional services that we wouldn't be able to do without Marketwired.,Business Wire,Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform, Cision PR SoftwareGreat service for the moneyAs a public relations firm, a lot of our daily duties include pitching and media relations. We frequently use Marketwired to ensure that our news is reaching the largest database possible and connects with the most readers and outlets. Marketwired offers a large range of distribution networks, including local, regional, national, and even international packages, so regardless of the size of your release or the scope of your intended targets, they have you covered.,Marketwired allows you to create a very tailored distribution list to ensure adequate pickup with your intended target demographic. Marketwired allows you to track your placements so that you have a full list of where your release appeared. Marketwired gives detailed reports of how many clicks your release received and how many impressions you've earned.,Incorporation of social media would be helpful. More customization of distribution lists. Additional niche specialty areas for distribution.,10,It helps further disseminate client news Allows for helpful tracking and detailed proof of success Helps give a significant boost to pitching efforts,Business Wire and PR Newswire,Business Wire, PR Newswire, Nasdaq MiQMarketwired ReviewWe use Marketwired for our press releases to announce each new webinar Xtalks is hosting. This is used by just one department. We receive a small number of people who heard of our events through press releases.,Easy to use dashboard with pre-selected newslines and industries. Quite a comprehensive results dashboard that details the outreach of where your releases go. For non-online releases (they just recently changed this), an editor will call you to verify your releases and they are very detailed in reading your article for any grammatical errors and other recommendations.,They recently changed that all online releases do not need verification. So there isn't a physical extra person screening the submission. The topics of our press releases are very industry specific (healthcare and medical) - based on the results dashboard, the newlines and 'corridors' that they are sent out to seems generic and arguably irrelevant.,7,Positive: We get a handful of contacts and leads from our press releases, but overall nothing else. Our clients like the to see press releases of our events that reach out to a wider net of the online audience too.,Radial Omnichannel Technology (formerly eBay Enterprise Retail Order Management), Cvent Event Management, Buffer, Hootsuite Free
Marketwired

Marketwired Reviews

Marketwired
Filter 9 vetted Marketwired reviews and ratings
Charlotte Gilmour (nee Sherry) profile photo
January 19, 2017

User Review: "A look at Marketwired"

• It allowed me to get coverage on online websites that I could pitch via telephone or email.
  • I almost always got 5-8 pieces of coverage for each story distributed. Sometimes it would get picked up via a newspaper and go much wider.
  • Getting online coverage helps my clients with SEO.
  • Marketwired has recently changed its online platform. It is more complex than necessary. I used it many times and still often had to call the help desk for advice. Sometimes there would be 'bugs' in the system that were out of my control and even the help desk struggled to resolve it.
  • I used to simply email the news release & photos to the help desk and they'd get it out for me on time. It was effective and I appreciated the excellent customer service. Now the help desk are no longer allowed to distribute on a client's behalf, which is frustrating - even if you struggle using the online system.
  • The section of the online platform I found most confusing was around which media a news story would be distributed too. There are a lot of choices and it wasn't obvious to me as to how they were sub-divided. I often had to check with the help desk to ensure I'd made the best selection for the news story.
  • The level of customer service has declined. My account manager who previously provided excellent service was moved to another role as part of an internal restructure. Many team members at my agency voiced frustrations with the level of customer care.
If you want to guarantee 5-8 pieces of online coverage for a news story, then Marketwired is worth using. It's cost-effective and the news often appears on news syndication sites that wouldn't otherwise feature it (Yahoo Finance, Canadian Business, Bloomsberg etc.).

If you want to get news coverage on the radio, in print, and on TV, then you're still better emailing it directly to the news outlet and picking up the phone. It's much more time-intensive, but a lot more effective.
Read Charlotte Gilmour (nee Sherry)'s full review
Trevor Heisler profile photo
December 14, 2016

"Review of Marketwired for Canadian public companies"

• News releases look good and are easy to find on the Marketwired site.
  • The user interface is simple to use.
  • News releases come up in search engine results.
  • Make news releases embeddable so clients can easily add them to their websites.
Marketwired is well suited for TSX listed companies looking to get their story out while meeting their disclosure requirements.
Read Trevor Heisler's full review
Nicole Iannucci profile photo
December 14, 2016

Marketwired Review: "Marketwire - why or why not?"

• Great customer service. We are always pleased with their prompt response on issues or problems.
  • Helpful to our clients.
  • Easy billing.
  • I don't know about the other services marketwired offers [beyond News Distribution] - and no one has reached out to me to discuss. I think there is definitely room to improve on existing clients relations - we are quite happy with the service we use, but I'm sure there is more we could be doing with Marketwired
Marketwired is perfect for our clients who are trying to reach a wide audience for their news releases and distribution.
Read Nicole Iannucci's full review
Nathan Illsley profile photo
October 10, 2016

Marketwired Review: "Great service for the money"

• Marketwired allows you to create a very tailored distribution list to ensure adequate pickup with your intended target demographic.
  • Marketwired allows you to track your placements so that you have a full list of where your release appeared.
  • Marketwired gives detailed reports of how many clicks your release received and how many impressions you've earned.
  • Incorporation of social media would be helpful.
  • More customization of distribution lists.
  • Additional niche specialty areas for distribution.
If you have a press release that needs to be sent out to a wide range of outlets, Marketwired is a great way to do so. However, the service works best for more general and mass-appeal news as opposed to smaller, niche types of announcements, as the majority of the publications that will receive the news are general interest.
Read Nathan Illsley's full review
Dian Razak profile photo
September 29, 2016

"Marketwired Review"

• Easy to use dashboard with pre-selected newslines and industries.
  • Quite a comprehensive results dashboard that details the outreach of where your releases go.
  • For non-online releases (they just recently changed this), an editor will call you to verify your releases and they are very detailed in reading your article for any grammatical errors and other recommendations.
  • They recently changed that all online releases do not need verification. So there isn't a physical extra person screening the submission.
  • The topics of our press releases are very industry specific (healthcare and medical) - based on the results dashboard, the newlines and 'corridors' that they are sent out to seems generic and arguably irrelevant.
In general, press releases work for timely, sensitive news - I think Marketwired is suited for that as other contacts I know in the industry recommend that they have a wide distribution network. It is less appropriate at times as I see the news is picked up by sites that aren't relevant.
Read Dian Razak's full review

Marketwired Scorecard Summary

About Marketwired

Marketwired is press release distribution, media targeting, influencer engagement and financial disclosure software for PR, investor relations, and marketers.

In 2015, Sysomos social media listening and analytics was spun off of Marketwired, and in 2016 Marketwired itself was acquired by Nasdaq.

Today Marketwired includes 5 products: Marketwired Resonate, Marketwired Influencers, News Distribution, IR/PR Newsroom (Impress), and Media Database (Mediahub).

Marketwired Technical Details