Reviews (1-3 of 3)
- Sends email. Very basically.
- That is it.
- Reporting is awful, the metrics shown in the dashboard are not helpful, and to glean any useful information users need to export the reports manually. There is no attrition reporting at all.
- Segmentation takes a really long time. If you want to construct multiple audiences, good luck. It takes forever.
- UI is not intuitive. Many buttons are placed too closely or in the wrong places.
- There is no true "test send" feature. Any opens or clicks recorded from the test (while QA-ing proofs, for example) will be recorded.
I couldn't even recommend Maropost based on price as it is not cheap at all. It is very bare bones, and for the price, you could likely find something more premium.
- Support: we were given a go to support person who is basically an account executive who oversaw our progress and was there to assist us with whatever we may need.
- Email open rates and testing abilities: Maropost supplies an array of different ways you can test to make sure you are getting the best opens and CTR's you can.
- The platform itself isn't at first intuitive. While we were given an account executive for success, the initial set up and onboarding process was not entirely great. We were left wondering where to click and lost amongst the general best practices on how to use the platform and how to get up to speed quickly.
- Email Drag and Drop Builder: EXTREMELY wonky. It's best if you know you're own HTML, CSS for email creation or use the option to upload your own templates. I should mention that they were planning on making the drag and drop feature better, but I'm not sure if that was ever completed.
The journey builder is very cool and gives you the ability to control your campaigns and move your list through funnels pretty much any way you can think of. While we chose to keep our sales processes in a separate CRM, Maropost served well in email communication and cross channel.
- Support was a big issue for us. Our last provider was lacking in this area. My favorite part of Maropost is the on-line chat. I thought it was just a novelty at first - but we use it all the time. Part of that reason is that we are still new - we asked for our work to be checked when we set up something new. Never hurts to have more eyes!
- Again Support. Our implementation team has been available to us from day one and are still available for our stupid user questions! It's nice to have that back up.
- Ease of use. We had every member of our team review the possible ESPs. Maropost would not have been chosen if the system had been difficult to navigate. We love how simple it is.
- Feedback - think something can be better in the Maropost system? Send an email with your suggestion and be amazed when it's implemented a few days or weeks down the road.
- We are only 2 months into this product, so we have really just been using the basics. Daily emails, a few tests and we will be testing with personalization soon. We got this product up and running pretty quick. The only complaint I heard from our IT department was an issue transferring our large list. 1.2 million and this was resolved quickly.
Maropost Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Maropost, headquartered in Toronto with offices in New York, London, and Delhi, offers an enterprise level email marketing and automation platform for email-centric campaigns and total customer lifecycle management via an automated workflow. It features social networking "listening" to keep track of all mentions across familiar spaces like Facebook and Twitter, dashboard reports and analytics to help make sense of data from emails and web activity, a survey / form builder, and custom landing pages for a seamless customer experience from seeing your email to visiting the site. Maropost also offers consulting services.
Maropost grew quite rapidly in 2014 (500%), with growth expected to continue. Their software supports the campaigns of well-known organizations, including Mastercard, Volvo, Jaguar, Samsung, Prada, and others.
Maropost Technical Details