Reviews (1-2 of 2)
December 20, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
We use MasterControl across the organization to manage our quality system for ISO certification. MasterControl stores our controlled documents and tracks file versioning and revision history. We also use MasterControl to create electronic forms to enable automated workflows for business processes, such as change controls, corrective actions, and business trip requests. Additionally, we use MasterControl to track employee training.
- Document control and revision history to support a robust quality management system.
- Enabling business process workflows.
- The ability to create custom web forms to meet specific company needs.
- Creating more dynamic web forms is a little cumbersome, but that has been improved in recent versions.
- The reporting on training data could be improved (attempts, pass rates, problem questions, etc.).
- Search results are mixed, but this has also been improved in recent versions.
Read this authenticated review
MasterControl is a fairly reliable solution for maintaining a solid quality management system within an organization. It could be overkill for small organizations, but it seems to suit the mid-to-large organization well.
March 03, 2018
Score 7 out of 10
Currently we are using the documentation program for MasterControl to create and edit documents. Currently our quality department is in control of running the program and multiple other departments utilize it to access current documentation. Lead members of other non-quality departments are also admin users and can create and edit content. MasterControl is a great system to see which documents are up to date and to create deadlines for when each document needs to be reviewed yearly.
- MasterControl allows you to set deadlines for when documents need to be reviewed. These reminders are particularly useful if your organization uses multiple different documents.
- The system of starting packets to edit documents is really effective. You are able to add multiple users and decide if they will be creating/revising or just collaborating on a document.
- the system of making MasterControl employees a user, admin, system admin etc to limit what content they can view and edit is also really effective and a good safety net to ensure the correct people are editing documents.
- When starting packets you get multiple emails daily while a packet is in progress, some emails come when it is not your turn to make any edits. Too many notifications.
- It is sometimes difficult to see who has seen all levels of a document in a packet before you sign off. Everyone may not get a chance to view it.
- Search function is good but simple searches can turn up too many unnecessary results.
Read Whitney Kelley's full review
We are currently using MasterControl for documentation purposes for our production department, but the training module on MasterControl would be a great system to have to ensure that all team members are up to date on the newest revisions of documents. This would help make audits go much smoother to ensure everyone is trained that needs to be.
MasterControl Clinical Excellence Scorecard Summary
About MasterControl Clinical Excellence
MasterControl Clinical Excellence is offered by the vendor as a combined comprehensive clinical trial management system and quality management; essentially it provides data and document management with compliance and auditing protection.
Categories: Clinical Trial Management
MasterControl Clinical Excellence Technical Details