Reviews (1-1 of 1)
April 10, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
MasterControl has been used at our healthcare system since 2012. It is utilized by various clinical departments including the Pathology Department, Clinical Laboratory, Bone Marrow Transplant Services, etc. It is to record deviations, CAPA, document control and staff training relayed to documents and competencies. We are a regulated industry and document control is required by several of our regulators. After a long search, MasterControl was selected because of its versatility to be used for many different departments including Blood and Biologics and Manufacturing departments.
- MasterControl removes the needs for book shelves of binders through out multiple sites. Keeping all the binders up to date is a manual process and takes time, space and lots of duplication of paper. There is an electronic copy available to those who need it from any device in house. The most recent version is always available.
- MasterControl has security in place so those with a need to know have access to their documents, while blocking other departments from even seeing the content of others. All actions are recorded in an audit trail for users and documents.
- Document, Training and Quality modules all link together. A deviation will link to the document deviated against, which can create an action to edit the document or retrain selected staff on the documents contents.
- Their new report writer is not user friendly yet. MasterControl has listened to its clients and have been making small changes to assist reporting. There is still room for improvement though.
- Rapid company growth means many new staff. Some tech support staff know less than the customers they are supporting.
Read Joanne Foster's full review
MasterControl is very flexible in all modules. A manufacturing department and a nursing unit can both use the same modules with all their needs met. System configuration can be accomplished at a broad and or granular level. Each document, incident, user etc can have a customized configuration for its unique workflow. The application is web-based and available on a variety of platforms. Security allows staff to access what they need from the workplace, remotely from a client site to home. While I work in healthcare, I can talk to other MasterControl clients in the oil industry or Pharma and we still can provide suggestions to each other about new or unique uses for MasterControl. I
MasterControl Quality Excellence Scorecard Summary
About MasterControl Quality Excellence
The MasterControl Quality Excellence suite bundles a number of products supporting work quality and compliance including training and exams, incidents and corrective actions (CA), documents and change, and other modules.
Categories: Quality Management
MasterControl Quality Excellence Technical Details