MasteryConnect Reviews

Leigh Phillips | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 09, 2020

MasteryConnect allows our small nonprofit to be truly data-driven for the first time.

My organization uses MasteryConnect to track student mastery of learning objectives. We use it for our ACT preparation program and to track our underclass students' progress on socioemotional learning standards. MasteryConnect is only used by our own learning team to help us be data-driven instructors and respond to students' individual learning needs.
  • Learning standards are already included in the software.
  • Allows educators to track students who are near-mastery and at-mastery
  • Color-coding system is easy to understand.
  • I don't like that we have to make separate trackers for each sub-strand of math on the ACT.
  • Sometimes it is difficult to find the assessments I am trying to score within trackers.
  • I wish I had more support on how to use the data in MasteryConnect.
I love that MasteryConnect already has hundreds of standards built-in, like the ACT readiness and socioemotional learning standards my after-school program uses. I think MasteryConnect would be harder to implement for an educational institution using learning standards not already in MasteryConnect. Also, MasteryConnect does not function as a grade book for someone looking for that kind of solution.
On-boarding was fine and sufficient, but we haven't really heard from MasteryConnect since then. I haven't reached out to them, either, though.
Read Leigh Phillips's full review

About MasteryConnect

MasteryConnect, from Instructure, featuring MasteryTracker, is designed to allow teachers to effectively assess core standards, monitor student performance, and report student mastery to parents and administrators.