Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Connect to traditional data sources (91)9.090%
- Testing and debugging (82)8.989%
- Simple transformations (92)8.787%
- Complex transformations (91)7.474%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Matillion, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Matillion is data transformation for cloud data warehouses. According to the vendor, only Matillion is purpose-built for Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, and Google BigQuery enabling businesses to achieve new levels of simplicity, speed, scale, and savings.
Users can develop custom Transformation jobs by combining Filters, Joins, Aggregates, Calculators, Ranks, as well as more complex transformations such as Rankings, window calculations, and change-detection by dragging and dropping these onto a canvas GUI. Use Orchestration features to automate ETL workflows with scheduling, notifications and alerting, and control flow.
Once jobs are built, run them with component level validation and data sampling. For any custom or unique needs, Matillion also has Bash and Python Script components to give users extensibility and flexibility.
Shared Job templates, Dynamic and Grid variables, and Version control help development teams share resources across Matillion instance.
Enterprise customers gain additional auditing and permissions, automatic job documentation, data lineage and more. Learn more about enterprise features here.
Each product comes with a set of warehouse specific features to help users get the most out of the platform. Their Product Feature pages on matillion.com provides more information.
- Supported: Connect to traditional data sources
- Supported: Connecto to Big Data and NoSQL
- Supported: Simple transformations
- Supported: Complex transformations
- Supported: Business rules and workflow
- Supported: Collaboration
- Supported: Testing and debugging
- Positive impact on learning for freshers because of simple infra
- Easy to learn ETL tool
- Easily integrated with AWS
- Able to react to changing data quality issues caused upstream
- Ability to handle massive scaling issues with ease
- Ability to connect to more SaaS vendors as our business needs change
- Reduced our nightly ETL pipeline time by 50%
- Saving us time reduces our need for headcount
- Allows us to collaborate on data-eng pipelines in a transparent way with non-technical stakeholders, ensuring accuracy and continuity
- Allows us a single platform to log and manage all of our pipelines to pin-point where something failed and why
- Always has a solution to very common data engineering tasks, i.e., real-time data, connectors, pre-built workflows, etc.
- It quickly works and ensures ROI is achieved within a short period of time.
- It has positively impacted our business plans.
- Became possible to build our DW
- We do not need to worry about the ETL software maintenance.
- It's easy to keep it updated.
- Less effort in development.
- Low costs as it is possible the "pay for use."
- If you don't trigger Matillion, switch off cost are considered also if no job is running.
- Matillion has been essential in the successful implementation of a data warehouse in our organisation.
- It is unlocking client opportunities for us to provide a "warehouse as a service" as part of our company's offering.
- Data job done quickly.
- Bit of monitoring cost is involved.
- Essential in rolling out our data warehouse strategy.
- Allows for custom data refresh schedules
- Requires little maintenance or support from the team
- Affordable and scalable ETL solution
- Our organization focuses on Data-Driven Digital Marketing Strategies, so not investing time and resources on getting the data, we ensured the time utilized much more in analyzing the data and for this purpose, Matillion was our solution and was right on a positive track.
- Matillion has been performing positive since it's consumption in our organization in terms of investment.
- With increasing functionality and stability in Matillion system, we could look for greater return than just replacements.
- Allows quick development and deployment
- Matillion has dramatically decreased the time it takes to create new ETL
- Matillion has reduced the amount of time it takes to execute our daily ETL processing (by 50% or more)
- Matillion has increased the number of people who can develop ETL by making ETL development easier
- Matillion has increased the variety of data sources we can bring into our data warehouse
- Matillion has made it a little harder to manage source control and deployment
- Made our ETL more reliable and easy to maintain compared to running scripts on EC2 and Cronjobs.
- License fees are expensive.
- Considering our specific use case is to provide analytics "for free" to our existing customers of all tiers, the added investment is hard to measure since this is an internal cost in order to keep up with our competitors. We are still trying to quantify customer retention directly related to the new analytics we provide because of what Matillion has helped us achieve.
- The pricing increased dramatically by 30% with short notice. This obviously hurt the OPEX.
- Modifying code and deploying to production is very simple and takes very little time.
- Easy UI and simple flow creation enabled us to create pipelines in a very short time, rather than spending lot of man-power to get to the same level with other tools.
- In the long run, requirements and complexity grow a lot, it might not be the best solution. Perfect for small-medium sized companies.
- Matillion allowed us to increase the productivity of our data engineering team by an order of magnitude.
- Matillion created a culture of standardization within our organization: the team uses a consistent approach to working with client data that is repeatable, testable, and easily automated.
- The ability to rapidly iterate, and receive meaningful feedback from the tools, allows our teams to experiment with new approaches to working with client data.
- Allowed us to migrate an existing data store to a new data warehouse without needing to hire an additional team.
- Saved time in report production - from 2 weeks to automatic in minutes.
- increased quantity of reports available to the business.
- Allowed production of external MI to be automated.
- Allowed us to replace an ancient tool (pentaho) and move forward into the new era.
- Quick deployment and smooth upgrades make us look good to our customers.
- ROI is quite significant in terms of manual effort that went in before purchasing Matillion.
- With Matillion automation, can answer multiple business questions to various stakeholders.
- Increased our data visibility.
- Increased our data accessibility.
- Positively affected ops choices which directly lead to increased revenue.