MATLAB Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

chamika gangul profile photo

Return on Investment

• It takes a long time to load the software and consumes a lot of memory and CPU time.
  • It is very hard for a beginner to get starts with MATLAB. They must spend some time to understand the features and tools.
  • The codes are not compatible with other languages. We must re write codes when we transform from other languages.
Read chamika gangul's full review
Jatin Gupta profile photo

Return on Investment

• MATLAB has a great impact on production team as codes are really easy to develop.
  • The files can be easily shared no dependency and easily run by anyone.
  • Direct support available and big community.
Read Jatin Gupta's full review
Shelby Bowden profile photo

Return on Investment

• Greatly aided in producing meaningful reports on laboratory analysis
  • The often difficult to use user platform has slowed down some of our work
  • Easy to transfer codes and processes among different users, making repeating of actions very smooth
Read Shelby Bowden's full review
November 30, 2019

Matlab Review

Return on Investment

• Matlab helps us analyze data much better.
  • Matlab performance decreases overtime which negatively impacts our business objectives.
  • Matlab instance is slow to the fact that it requires over 15% more time to execute the same code that could have taken less time to complete.
Tyler Grudowski profile photo

Return on Investment

• MATLAB helps us quickly sort through large sets of data because we keep the same script each time we run an analyzation, making it very efficient to run this whole process.
  • The software makes it super easy for us to create plots that we can then show to investors or clients to display our data.
  • We are also looking to create an app for our product, and we will not be able to do that on MATLAB, therefore creating a limiting issue and a new learning curve for a programming language.
Read Tyler Grudowski's full review
Saransh Dikshit profile photo

Return on Investment

• MATLAB has made me a better coder. I can see the code behind inbuilt functions which helps me improve my own coding.
  • The various features offered in the software helped me to understand new topics in a relatively short span of time.
  • MATLAB has a rich forum and library which allows exchange of ideas and info with other users. This has certainly broadened my horizon.
Read Saransh Dikshit's full review
Abdullah Umair Bajwa profile photo

Return on Investment

• Positive: Helped me integrate my whole research process.
  • Positive: Given me the freedom to get rid of third party "black-box" design tools that I could not customize to meet my needs.
  • Negative: Forced me - and my colleagues - to learn a skill that is increasingly becoming rare in the industry because of its price.
Read Abdullah Umair Bajwa's full review
Juan Carlos Molina Castejón profile photo

Return on Investment

• It has given us access to new programming tools and standards that we previously didn't have access to.
  • It has created a lot of opportunities for our students to generate new projects that move our university forward and into new fields of study.
  • It has allowed our faculty to experiment and simulate systems without having to create more expensive and resource hungry real-life models, saving us a lot in our budget.
Read Juan Carlos Molina Castejón's full review
Bin Cai profile photo

Return on Investment

• I have been using MATLAB in most of my research projects, coursework or course projects. It helps me complete those projects and solve problems too.
  • Since I am an education license subscriber, there are no extra fees for me to buy the product or the MATLAB Toolbox.
Read Bin Cai's full review

Return on Investment

• We are able to use even some of our older equipment by controlling it through the serial port with MATLAB. This enables us to keep equipment longer.
January 15, 2019

MATLAB Review

Return on Investment

• We only used MATLAB in our research group, so it is difficult to judge an ROI on MATLAB. It did get our research published quickly.
December 12, 2018

MATLAB Review for Analyst

Return on Investment

• I use MATLAB library to analyze data and it saves me a lot of time
  • Sometimes I will take longer to research on specific topics since there is less user support.
Katie McFarland profile photo
June 22, 2018

MATLAB for modeling

Return on Investment

• ease and speed of data organization and analysis
  • publication-ready plots simplifying the analysis procedure
Read Katie McFarland's full review

Return on Investment

• The postive Impact is that almost all types of engineering mathematics problems can be solved by using MATLAB software and the negative impact - MATLAB is Computationally slower than C++ or python.
  • It is good software for check algorithm but not useful to implement Machine Learning Algorithms as MATLAB is very slow.

• Quick prototyping allows for quick validation of Hypothesis
  • Scripting is easy to learn and efficient which helps in low training time on new employees
  • External microprocessor control is very easy well supported

About MATLAB

MatLab is a predictive analytics and computing platform based on a proprietary programming language. MatLab is used across industry and academia.

MATLAB Technical Details