MATLAB Reviews

Ryan McGarry | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 04, 2020

MATLAB offers built-in and third-party packages to analyze any type of data, while excelling at neuro-physiological data processing

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use MATLAB in constructing our software platform, data analytics, neurophysiological data processing, and algorithm development. Our product uses MATLAB to process data captured from neurophysiological sensors in a live environment, and the software connects with a UI to graph live feedback. Furthermore, our science department uses MATLAB to analyze and plot other data to provide insights for our customers.
Read Ryan McGarry's full review
April 23, 2020

Review of MATLAB

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MATLAB is used as a teaching instrument at the university. We have a class dedicated to the learning of this program. It is the only programming class in the mechanical engineering courses. It is a program used by many companies outside school, so the university is getting us prepared to an extensive use of it.
February 26, 2020

MATLAB is quite useful

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MATLAB is used for running data analytics, power systems simulations, and optimization studies, often along with third-party platforms like CPLEX and Gurobi.
chamika gangul | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 07, 2019

MATHLAB for machine learning

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I'm using MATLAB to do my assignments and projects. MATLAB covers any areas including simulation things, solving complex mathematics problems, machine learning, matrix related calculations. I’m working mainly on machine learning, machine vision, and neural networks. So, I must build prototypes of the footprints of those models. Using MATLAB for prototyping save more coding time than other languages.
Read chamika gangul's full review
Jatin Gupta | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 09, 2019

MATLAB.. computing with learning.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MATLAB is used by our organization for handling various major projects. It has been used throughout the organization. It addresses the major problems of development and handling various projects in object detection and the medical field. It also has got major importance in the field of research and development. It is very helpful for students as well as researchers.
Read Jatin Gupta's full review
Shelby Bowden | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 09, 2019

MATLAB - my statistical savior!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MATLAB is used by both my lab and the general department. We often utilize this program to perform many of the statistical analyses that are much more difficult to do in excel or by hand. It is also very useful for us to use for creation of codes which we can share with students to use in labs.
Read Shelby Bowden's full review
November 30, 2019

Matlab Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Matlab is mostly used in our engineering and data science department for data analysis. It addresses problems and solutions that align with how we market our products to our customers. It helps identify ways that could visualize and explore our data.
January 28, 2020

MATLAB as an educational tool

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It has been used as a learning tool to teach math concepts that cannot be computed by hand. It is initially taught and introduced and then students are expected to pick it up and learn on their own. It is useful and an easy to learn coding program and excellent visualization tool.
December 05, 2019

Powerful Mathematics Software

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MATLAB is used by many members of the School of Mathematics for solving countless different mathematics problems.
Tyler Grudowski | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 25, 2019

MATLAB - a simple, powerful data analysis tool

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use MATLAB for a variety of different functions at NoMo Diagnostics. We do a ton of data analyzation using the software, where we take huge amounts of data and run them through a script that was developed in MATLAB. We also use the software to output graphs and plots from this data to get a visual of a data set.
Read Tyler Grudowski's full review
Saransh Dikshit | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 05, 2019

Read my review of MATLAB on @TrustRadius

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have been using MATLAB for almost all of my academic stuff. I use it for solving my homework and completing my research. I have used it to do data processing and filtering. I have used the inbuilt artificial neural network models for my work. I used ANN for rainfall-runoff modeling for my research. I have also used it to do earthquake and wind excitation related studies. I have used MATLAB to generate time histories for wind loads and earthquake loads. For all the experiments that I carry out in my research, I use MATLAB for data filtering to remove noise from the obtained experimental results. I have used MATLAB for simple finite element modeling as well.
Read Saransh Dikshit's full review
Abdullah Umair Bajwa | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2019

Why I Prefer MatLab over Python

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use MatLab as our go-to engineering to programming platform. Our whole research procedure is vertically integrated using MatLab - we use MatLab's data acquisition toolbox to collect experimental data; its statistical tool-boxes to perform statistical analysis on the collected data and use its general programming interface to post-process the data and to make multi-physics simulation models to study the observed phenomenon.
Read Abdullah Umair Bajwa's full review
Juan Carlos Molina Castejón | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2019

MATLAB: not just a programming environment

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MATLAB is used across the entire University. There are network licenses that can be used in the many computer labs across campus, and thus can either be used by instructors within their courses or by students working on a project individually. MATLAB is used primarily to teach concepts of control systems, neural networks and to run computer simulations.
Read Juan Carlos Molina Castejón's full review
May 23, 2019

MATLAB: An academic program for great for prototyping in the real world

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our data science team uses MATLAB to quickly prototype algorithms (including ML) and process large datasets with ease. We used to use EXCEL for data analysis, but quickly outgrew the software in need of something more feature rich. Through strong plug-in and community support, we've found that MATLAB is one of the best and most cost-effective tools for the job.
May 30, 2019

Very powerful but easy to use

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MATLAB is used by our organization mainly within the firmware and software department, but there are several mechanical engineers who also utilize the program. Some of our disciplines also use MATLAB for manipulation of signals and images. For me, the software is used to make programs and functional GUIs.
March 30, 2019

MATLAB is great for the MATH-intensive problems

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It tends to be used by colleagues who have some form of background in engineering and, hence, are familiar with the software. As a scripting software, it is very versatile and is used to handle sizeable data, do data cleaning, perform statistics and visualize data.
Md Shahinuzzaman | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 21, 2018

MATLAB - The powerful platform to solve complicated problems

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am a graduate research assistant and I always use MATLAB for my research purposes, as does my whole research group. Our university also uses this software, especially graduate students. The main use of MATLAB is to create high-quality publishable figures, solve the more complicated problems through coding, fit my data with the curve fitting toolbox, optimize my process using the optimization toolbox and finally, it just makes my research life easier. I love it very much.
Read Md Shahinuzzaman's full review
Bin Cai | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2018

Fantastic tool to kill engineering problems

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MATLAB has been used by mostly all of the engineering programs and so it has been made available to all of the engineering computer labs to solve problems in multiple disciplines, such as product optimization design, spectrum and time series analysis of data, signal process, statistical data analysis and model formulation, and image processing.
Read Bin Cai's full review
Dat Nguyen | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 12, 2018

Matlab for data analytics

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use MATLAB to program prototype algorithms for image data analysis. It is being used by our data analysis department in R&D. The model program is then deployed VIA MATLAB into a file we then use in the final system. This is very easy to do with MATLAB.
Read Dat Nguyen's full review
January 15, 2019

MATLAB Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MATLAB is being used by all students in the Geoscience department for computational research. MATLAB is the de facto programming platform for working with large research data sets, statistical analysis and visualizations. It is an easy software to get used to, and can be very quickly learnt. The community support helps to deploy new projects quickly.
January 08, 2019

Go and start using MATLAB now !!!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MATLAB is basically used for data analysis in our organization. We deal with many client websites and their sales and we need to analyze the sales of every website and compute data to be sent to a database. I personally used MATLAB in my college days when working on signals and processing and graphs related to my work.
December 12, 2018

MATLAB Review for Analyst

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use MATLAB myself for data analysis. Sometimes it is easier to use the built-in functions rather than creating functions myself in Excel. So it saves me time.
August 17, 2018

"MATLAB" The Great Software

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

1) I used MATLAB in various applications such as Signal Processing and Communications, Image and Video Processing, Control Systems, Test and Measurement and Computational Finance.
2) It Provides development tools for improving code quality, maintainability and maximizing performance.
3) MATLAB is use for building applications with custom graphical interfaces.
4) It has functions for integrating MATLAB based algorithms with external applications and languages such as C, Java, .NET and Microsoft Excel.

About MATLAB

MatLab is a predictive analytics and computing platform based on a proprietary programming language. MatLab is used across industry and academia.

MATLAB Technical Details