MatrixCare, headquartered in Bloomington, MN, offers a suite of applications supporting in-patient assisted living operations, with CareAssist as the central application as its eMAR & point of care system. Also MatrixCare applications support KPI tracking, workforce management and payroll, and other processes inherent in providing in-patient care.If you need to share, try MatrixCareMatrixCare is being used across our entire organization. It addresses the problem of limited access to patient records. With it, the number of staff who have access to a single chart is limitless. We all utilize specific features. For me, it addresses the problems of tracking data and physician visits.,The Admit/Discharge Report holds high value to me by presenting key information like medical record number, room number, provider and the hospital that the patient transferred from, including a breakdown of their status i.e. admission, discharged, expired etc. The Physician Visit Schedule by Assigned report helps me to keep providers in compliance with federal mandates. I am able to select criteria to refine the resultant data to a specific hall or provider. The results of this report include patient name, the scheduled interval and due date. When it comes to ROI, the Chart Access feature does all of the work for me. With just a few checkboxes, all necessary records for release are extracted and compiled, leaving me to attend to other tasks at hand.,It would be great if paper records could be scanned directly into the patient chart. Presently they are scanned to my email, then downloaded, uploaded into Matrix where the attachment process begins. So, there are a lot of steps. I am in this application about 90% of my day and it logs me out frequently, for security purposes of course but it's still annoying. The available buttons for the attachment process are very small and close to each other which leads to attaching a file of many individual notes to a single patient record and of course I have to remedy that.,7,I'm hard-pressed to speak on behalf of the entire company, which consists of seven locations and I'm just the Health Information Manager. As far as my daily objectives, one positive impact is I no longer need a full-time assistant. Another positive impact is the reduction of paper. Since I started here, there have been no paper records. MatrixCare provides a well-organized chart that is is easy to navigate through. A third positive impact is related to the reduction of paper, ROI (Release of Information). MatrixCare provides records in a PDF format, which most receiving entities and individuals require.,Zimbra, Google Cloud StorageSearching for EMR solutions!The Skilled Nursing Facility and associated company that our Therapy Company subcontracts with utilizes MatrixCare for EMR purposes for managing patient care, meds, etc.,Management of nursing orders - ability to search current and discharged orders is convenient and user-friendly. Progress Notes are easily imputable, and searchable. The dashboard has a variety of options for frequently used information.,The reports can be challenging to run, having to reset the search criteria each time. The MatrixCare program is not easily used on tablets. There are some limitations with regards to the POC ability. When the internet is down, there is not an offline version to be used in the interim.,5,Having gone from paper charting it has reduced paper waste and streamlined delivery of nursing services/documentation. It has allowed us to track and share documents across many users at one time. The unreliability has been challenging for our team with several outages resulting in delay of care.,Point Click,Microsoft Office 2016, MS SharePoint, Skype for BusinessOptimal for Individualized Documentation UseUsed across the organization to document and communicate health care needs/protocol for residents and includes the filing of labs, orders, and hospital records.,-easy to use a filter system to provide individualized dashboards -variety of reports to generate info as needed -ability to "copy observations" so you don't have to reinput all the info on quarterly assessments,the MDS section doesn't always register that a section has been signed and completed, showing up on the dashboard as still needing to be done. The MDS section will state you're still "in" someone's MDS when you're complete. There have been multiple times where I've had to fully log out of Matrix to be "logged out" of someone's MDS even though I had signed.,7,I'm not aware or privy to such info,
MatrixCare

MatrixCare Reviews

MatrixCare
Filter 4 vetted MatrixCare reviews and ratings
Sam Massanopoli, RHIT Superstar profile photo
August 10, 2018

User Review: "If you need to share, try MatrixCare"

• The Admit/Discharge Report holds high value to me by presenting key information like medical record number, room number, provider and the hospital that the patient transferred from, including a breakdown of their status i.e. admission, discharged, expired etc.
  • The Physician Visit Schedule by Assigned report helps me to keep providers in compliance with federal mandates. I am able to select criteria to refine the resultant data to a specific hall or provider. The results of this report include patient name, the scheduled interval and due date.
  • When it comes to ROI, the Chart Access feature does all of the work for me. With just a few checkboxes, all necessary records for release are extracted and compiled, leaving me to attend to other tasks at hand.
  • It would be great if paper records could be scanned directly into the patient chart. Presently they are scanned to my email, then downloaded, uploaded into Matrix where the attachment process begins. So, there are a lot of steps.
  • I am in this application about 90% of my day and it logs me out frequently, for security purposes of course but it's still annoying.
  • The available buttons for the attachment process are very small and close to each other which leads to attaching a file of many individual notes to a single patient record and of course I have to remedy that.
MatrixCare is well suited for the size of this company and its budget. The support is awesome, very professional, polite and knows what they're doing. It is also well suited for my company based on the type of healthcare, LTC, and rehab. Although I don't use the MDS features, I hear my colleagues say how much they like using them. The providers like that they are able to create their progress notes right into Matrix and I like that too because there are no paper notes needing to scan. The providers also find the dashboard very helpful for knowing what orders need to be signed and which patients are due for visits.
I am unaware of any scenarios where MatrixCare is not well suited for my company, as far as my role.
Read Sam Massanopoli, RHIT Superstar's full review
Denise Crosier profile photo
January 12, 2018

MatrixCare Review: "Searching for EMR solutions!"

• Management of nursing orders - ability to search current and discharged orders is convenient and user-friendly.
  • Progress Notes are easily imputable, and searchable.
  • The dashboard has a variety of options for frequently used information.
  • The reports can be challenging to run, having to reset the search criteria each time.
  • The MatrixCare program is not easily used on tablets.
  • There are some limitations with regards to the POC ability.
  • When the internet is down, there is not an offline version to be used in the interim.
MatrixCare is well suited for basic medication delivery and patient care charting on desktop or laptop devices with a sufficient wifi signal.
Read Denise Crosier's full review
January 16, 2018

MatrixCare Review: "Optimal for Individualized Documentation Use"

• -easy to use a filter system to provide individualized dashboards
  • -variety of reports to generate info as needed
  • -ability to "copy observations" so you don't have to reinput all the info on quarterly assessments
  • the MDS section doesn't always register that a section has been signed and completed, showing up on the dashboard as still needing to be done.
  • The MDS section will state you're still "in" someone's MDS when you're complete. There have been multiple times where I've had to fully log out of Matrix to be "logged out" of someone's MDS even though I had signed.
It is most appropriate for all healthcare related documentation.

MatrixCare Scorecard Summary