Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Chat (33)9.696%
- Discussions (31)9.696%
- Mobile Access (30)9.494%
- Notifications (33)9.494%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Mattermost, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- The Guide to Developer Productivity is based on the findings of a survey of over 300 developers, as well as an assessment of the software development landscape to uncover key trends, points of interest, and challenges facing developer teams in 2022.
- Mattermost offers a purpose-built collaboration platform designed for development workflows. Their platform helps teams plan, organize, and run software development projects, while integrating with communication and collaboration tools.
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||25%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||50%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
File,image and link sharing.
Rich markdown formatting.
Multiple language code syntax highlighting.
Unlimited and searchable message history.
Compared to Slack, Mattermost is very similar in design and use. The difference is that Mattermost can be deployed on-premises, within your own organization's datacenters, whereas Slack is hosted on the cloud. Our organization, for this reason, chose to deploy Mattermost, so that we can have more control over data and have more security measures in place.
- Mattermost is very similar to Slack and has the advantage (in our case) of being entirely on-premises, and entirely free. The feature set is similar, and it has filled the original need that Slack was suggested as a solution for very well.
- Teams is potentially a better choice for groups whose Microsoft licensing already includes it, or who want the range of direct integration with other Microsoft products.