McAfee Enterprise Security Manager Review: "SIEM causing Anger then use Enterprise Security Manager"
- Advanced Threat intelligence gives us the ability to prioritise alerts quickly and efficiently.
- SIEM log collection allows us to integrate our other Intel products to a centralised point.
- Physical appliances is one of the areas we have moved away from, so the ability for ESM to be available as a VDI was key.
- If there is a requirement to integrate into other vendor products i.e. (log sharing) then this was very cumbersome.
- Integration of vulnerability scanning that is available in other vendor products would be a good addition.
- When integrating all of Intel's products a third party consultancy is usually required, where other vendor products can be configured without this additional cost.
McAfee Enterprise Security Manager is well placed when the environment has other Intel products. We operate McAfee Move and the two products work extremely well together. The anti-virus product can be very cumbersome if used with another SIEM solution when log collecting.
We have other areas where intel solutions are not in use and in these circumstances we used another well-known SIEM solution that had an easier implementation phase than Intel's and where remote access was challenging.
- It is a great central management tool with great reports and dashboards.
- It can easily show devices out of compliance.
- ESM is easy to manage and maintain.
- Some tools it manages lack features.
- ESM can have some issues with upgrading.
- MFA support is needed.
McAfee Enterprise Security Manager Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About McAfee Enterprise Security Manager
McAfee Enterprise Security Manager Technical Details