McAfee Total Protection Reviews

Samuel Boyle | TrustRadius Reviewer
McAfee was used by my team and I to secure our data and networks against external cyber threats. McAfee was and is utilized by my entire consulting staff to provide our needed security solutions for our needs and those of our clients.
  • Excellent protection of all internet connected assets on our VPN.
  • Constant updates of needed security patches that ensure our network and systems are protected from current and emerging/potential threats.
  • Prompt and reliable customer service that provides needed answers and expertise in a crisis.
  • Strategic whitepapers on emerging cyber threats and McAfee solutions to resolve them before they become a problem for my team or our clients.
  • Updates while always current and valuable occur very often and need to be administered constantly if your systems administrators do not schedule them on a regular basis.
  • Depending on your system it can be a resource burden when running in the background.
  • Interface can be difficult to navigate at times for non-experienced users.
The McAfee suite of internet security products has been my go-to source for internet security for over 7 years. Featuring a snappy interface, frequent updates, and an amazing customer service and support system, McAfee delivers a high quality enterprise level security product at a significant cost saving value to the user. It has been frequently recommended to my staff and my clients to provide their cyber security needs.
Read Samuel Boyle's full review
McAfee products have a wide variety of uses from endpoint security to network security and event management solutions. Ideal McAfee solutions are used throughout organizations to ensure complete coverage. These solutions address and mitigate threat in regards to cyber security.
  • Integration - McAfee builds their products to ensure integration with pre-existing products is seamless.
  • Customizability - Granular management of policies and security controls, able to tune and mold solutions to individual organizations.
  • Reliability - When configured properly, McAfee solutions rarely have issues. In the case they do, support is phenomenal.
  • Price - Extremely high price tag for many of the solutions.
[McAfee is well suited for] Any size organization needing endpoint security or network security mitigations.

McAfee Total Protection Scorecard Summary

About McAfee Total Protection

McAfee offers a suite of popular antivirus and antimalware offerings for home and small businesses or home offices. Presently the flagship consumer and home office grade offerings from McAfee is the McAfee Total Protection suite which combines antivirus, mobile device protection, and virus removal support.