MediaValet

Great for Project-Based Workflows!

April 04, 2022

Here's a DAM survey submission

March 25, 2022

Get Organized with MediaValet

March 24, 2022

MediaValet Review

March 23, 2022

Best DAM System on the Market!

Great Value DAM solution

February 24, 2022

Best DAM Platform You'll Ever Use

February 21, 2022

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of MediaValet, and make your voice heard!

What is MediaValet?

MediaValet in Vancouver offers their eponymous digital asset management (DAM) platform.

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.mediavalet.com/digital-asset…

3 people want pricing too

What is Bynder?

Bynder helps brands to distribute their marketing materials, manage creations and facilitate brand consistency. Bynder is a solution for marketing that comes with best in class digital asset management, creative project management, brand identity guidelines, product information management and web…

What is Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud)?

Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) is a solution designed to enable marketers to plan and execute automated marketing campaigns via email, display search, video advertising, and mobile while delivering a personalized customer experience for their prospects.

What is MediaValet?

MediaValet is a cloud-based DAM that helps Marketing and Creative Teams manage, collaborate on, and distribute their digital assets and content. With unlimited users, support, and training, teams worldwide can access the content they need, whenever and wherever they need it.

Built on Microsoft Azure, MediaValet is presented as a fast and easy to use solution. MediaValet boasts users among global brands like Brand USA, Razer, Margaritaville, and Experian.

MediaValet Features

• Supported: Unlimited Users: Give an extended teams instant access to a digital library with free and unlimited users.
  • Supported: Unlimited Support: Have questions answered with 24/7, unlimited and free support.
  • Supported: Security: Assets are secured with triple-redundancy, geo-replication and disaster recovery.
  • Supported: Integrations: Connect MediaValet with existing tools and platforms, and access its open API.

MediaValet Screenshots

See MediaValet's direct integrations.MediaValet provides a smarter approach to artificial intelligence, offering three tiers of AI capabilities to address the auto-tagging needs of any business.Create custom portals to easily share your best content.Find and share assets in an instant.Accelerate your creative production.

MediaValet Integrations

MediaValet Competitors

MediaValet Technical Details

Compare with

Who uses MediaValet?

The most common users of MediaValet are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Hospitality industry.

MediaValet allows me to access the assets I need in a logical and organized manner. As a copywriter, I reference various archives frequently to ensure consistent brand tone with past publications.
  • File Management
  • Logical Sorting Methods
  • Ease of Download
  • Ease of Link Sharing
As a member of my marketing team, asset sharing is a key part of our workflow. MediaValet helps my team to share, access, download and upload new media fast and efficiently, while giving us a logically sorted file management system so we have direct access to all relevant materials within one given project. The project-based approach to the file management system is highly intuitive.
Personally have not had any issues so far.
We use MediaValet to streamline internal processing, as a media library and source of all content. Facilitate everyday activities within the business to be hosted in the one place for all things media. It acts as a one-stop shop for record-keeping and saving legacy files that may only come in handy every once in a while, but are easy to access.
  • Search filtering
  • Versioning
  • Categorization reducing duplication
  • Training videos
  • Training library
  • Support search
I think MediaValet has the potential to replace our internal filing system as well as take away the need for emailed assets courtesy of the versioning. It can also assist senior members of the team to locate files more easily, bringing in higher levels of efficiency. I'm convinced if implemented correctly, MediaValet can add a lot of value.
We use MediaValet as a repository for a variety (and a lot) of media assets - ranging from old racebooks, articles, videos, photos, web assets, documents, and more. Ultimately, the ROI will be achieved through driving efficiency on a number of different workflows involving design, internal teams, and external partners.
  • Listen
  • Tailor
  • Present
  • I would love to see more case studies
  • Automatically providing a star rating for some media assets
  • Automatically tagging certain people (once initial data connection made)
MediaValet is brilliant for tagging, organizing, and surfacing digital files. It is particularly useful for sharing assets with external partners (I am a big fan of the Lightbox where I can upload and share files with my design agency). We can now work more seamlessly and efficiently as a team on marketing and website projects where a variety of different file sizes are required using the one hero image.
Denise Huza | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it through Optum Financial to disseminate information regarding our FSA and HRA plans. Mostly I use the website/service to find flyers and notices that will help our employees better understand their HRA and FSA benefits. I take them and make changes as necessary, then distribute them to our employees or post them on our SharePoint site.
  • thorough variety of documents
  • easy to search
  • professional looking flyers
  • More personalized information in the flyers
It has worked very well for us as we need it. So far I have only really used it during open enrollment time, but it would probably be useful throughout the year as well. It is great for finding a flyer, notice that I can then personalize as needed for our staff and purposes. We only use it for our FSA and HRA purposes, so I feel unable to rate it for other purposes.
For my organization, MediaValet is used as a content hub for managing and sharing digital assets across a variety of stakeholders/users. Some primary needs are managing asset terms of use and expirations, asset management integrations, managing the user access/groups, and content audits and usage reporting (for strategical or tactical purposes).
  • Categories
  • Metadata
  • Upload process
  • Asset Expiration Management Options — email notifications have limited information or collaboration options and the Drupal integration is missing critical metadata
  • Download options (via full-screen vs. basic-information vs. categories views) are not clearly visible as options to end-users
  • Self-service reporting options (too limited and oddly displayed results before export)
Depending on the use cases, some features are well designed for non-technical users and some features are not compatible with diverse (tech-savvy to non-technical) team collaborations. This is a good system for graduating from file share to Digital Asset Management but not a good tool for archival and preservation standards and related user management requirements.
The team is very responsive to requests and makes a point to provide feedback or status updates before confirming solutions.
Erik Uppman | TrustRadius Reviewer
MediaValet is our primary digital asset management system for all marketing photography, logos, and related materials. Over the past five years, we've enjoyed excellent service and uninterrupted access to our assets from anywhere with access to the internet, which has been especially helpful as some employees needed to work remotely during the pandemic.
  • Version Control of Images
  • Usage Rights Management
  • Easy Categorization of Assets
  • Global Access
  • Clean UX
  • Customer Support
  • Updates to the capabilities and features of the system
  • For those without experience in a DAM, the system can seem intimidating at first.
  • Transitioning assets requires time and some hands on work for onboarding
  • Creating new category folders is a bit cumbersome -- if would be nice to do that while uploading a new photo or group of photos rather that in another part of the system
For a company or brand with a large library of photo and design assets requiring storage with global availability, the Digital Asset Management solution that MediaValet provides is an excellent option. With so many cloud-based apps and services these days, internet access has become a standard utility for business. However, if access to files is required where internet access may not be available, a DAM system would not be a viable solution.

MediaValet Review

Maggie Akins | TrustRadius Reviewer
Miles Partnership uses MediaValet as a library to store a large number of assets (appx. 400k). We do not utilize MediaValet like other accounts, but instead, use it to house our wide media library. It works very well as a database and the metadata fields, searchability, etc. suit our needs perfectly.
  • Provides large amount of storage
  • Creates detailed information input system
  • UX in asset uploads - there should be an ability to select multiple images at once, remove some of the more manual aspects of data entry
  • Search function - including the ability to edit the fields viewable in search. For example, I want to be able to see different metadata fields for a group of images that come up in a search
MediaValet is well suited to our needs as a media library. Our various teams use it as a database to house assets and it creates an easy system to access all media. We're very pleased with the current system for our uses. MediaValet is less suited for smooth UX or complex functions. I find that it takes me a very long time to batch upload assets when I have to edit individuals fields due to how many click points there are. Functions like reports would also help us in our asset management and provide for a more complex understanding of what we have available.
MediaValet serves as our DAM within our Marketing and Sales team. Our library team servers users at multiple locations, globally. It has been invaluable to our company not just an advantage with most people working from home, but also sharing assets across the world quickly and easily. MediaValet's interface is a great tool to keep the single source of truth accurate.
  • Customer Service
  • Delivering Improvements per customer feedback
  • Change Management Support
  • User Experience
  • Lack of FTP for system admins (although they are always willing to assist with bulk transfers which are really great!)
MediaValet is well suited for companies of all sizes since all its features are really scalable. Where MediaValet really shines is their customer support teams, especially the Customer Success Management team. They are always willing to troubleshoot and work through processes, asset flows for particular use cases, and offer their input to provide industry best practice compliance so our company is never left behind. They have been, hands down, the best Digital Asset Management company I have ever worked with.
Michelle (Hartwell) Manuel | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our marketing department uses MediaValet to store our photo library of several thousand photos, along with some other miscellaneous assets. Before MediaValet, our designers wasted so much design time just searching for photos to use in a given project. Not to mention, marketing is the keeper of all company photos, so every other department came to us in search of photos too. This caused us to spend even more time just clicking through folders hoping to find what we were looking for. Well, MediaValet has changed all that! Now, we can find the perfect photo in seconds. We have given access to other departments to search and find for themselves, saving everyone lots of headaches. If that were all MediaValet had to offer, that would make it worth it in my opinion. However, there's so much more! Lightboxes, branded portals, and AI technology are all icing on the cake. It's been a game-changer for our restaurant, and I could never go back to the old way of asset storage again!
  • MediaValet makes searching assets a breeze
  • MediaValet allows easy sharing with users inside & outside the organization
  • MediaValet allows different users group, so everyone can have different levels of permissions
  • I'd like the batch upload feature to be a little less clunky
  • That's really the only area of improvement I can think of!
MediaValet has been the exact solution we needed to manage our food and drink photo library. We had keywords assigned to most of our photos when we got started. Even if we hadn't, the AI feature could recognize items in the photos and keyword them for us! Most of our assets are photos, videos and graphics that are very visual assets.
We use MediaValet to store and organize photo assets. Using categories and keywords makes it easy for team members to find the photos they're looking for. MediaValet also allows us to share photos externally with media and clients. It's helpful to keep everything in one spot for different departments to access and use as needed.
  • Easy upload
  • Useful keyword, organization, and search functions
  • Tools to edit photos before downloading
  • Newly uploaded photos can take a bit of time to show up in the library.
MediaValet is well-suited at providing a one-stop shop storage site for searchable photo assets. Lightboxes are great for gathering photos from different categories in one folder and then sharing them with internal and external contacts. Beyond this, MediaValet has a variety of features organizations can tap into, like Portals.
I stepped in after MediaValet had been implemented by someone who had left the company. MediaValet was easy to learn but also has incredible customer service—including dev support—so not only was I able to ramp up quickly to take the reins of a large content migration, I was able to customize the tool for our team. Very happy with the product and the people.
  • Responsive customer service and help desk
  • Open to customization requests
  • Involves customers in development of new features
  • Intuitive UX
  • More robust self-serve reporting would be great
I haven't yet run into a situation where I couldn't design my own solution within MediaValet at my skill level or get help from my customer success rep and the dev team to customize a solution.
Jack Rowley | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a small non-profit with a relatively small staff and a comparatively large number of videos. We were founded by Fred Rogers, who produced almost 1,000 episodes of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. We now have five programs in production. Media Valet has helped us every step of the way as we migrated from a less responsive DAM to their site. We lost virtually no metadata along the way. In addition, MediaValet converted almost 3,000 video clips to the exact audio compression, frame rate, and resolution that we requested. They have always been available to answer questions and meet with us weekly to address any needs or questions that arise. They have a good product and great customer service.
  • They are always seeking to improve their product.
  • They respond almost immediately to questions.
  • They have tailored and delivered specific training programs to address the different needs of our marketing and production departments.
  • Assets upload relatively quickly.
  • I have never experienced downtime when I access our DAM.
  • It's an intuitive experience. It's easy to discover the logic of how and why things work the way they do.
  • The staff welcomes interaction.
  • We look forward to being able to edit video clips directly on the MediaValet site.
We looked at many DAMs during our selection process. We all agreed that MediaValet stood way above the others in terms of our needs for a videocentric system. They are knowledgeable and great listeners. It's a great feeling to work with people who understand your needs and know they can get you where you want to be in terms of your many assets (almost 20,000 as of today).
February 24, 2022

Great Value DAM solution

We use it for internal and external marketing asset management. Assets are shared with internal and external groups for use in product launches, promotions and everyday marketing activities.
  • Search functionality
  • AI metadata tagging
  • Secure login
  • Brand portals don't currently allow for sections within sections. Organizing the portals to be like the dam is not possible
Great for organizing assets by multiple brands (we have 5) and product series. Different groups are able to have access to different categories which is necessary for us as we have some external members who should only have access to certain categories and not others. Sharing external with web galleries is a great feature that I use weekly with the press.
At Visit Anaheim, we utilize MediaValet as our digital assets repository where digital files and collateral can be organized and made available to either internal users (staff within the organization), external users (partners, vendors, media, etc.), or both. MediaValet also allows us to easily update and override digital assets to ensure the latest version(s) of a file are made available.
  • Category structuring
  • Assets sharing
  • User access
  • More flexibility/features when using Lightboxes
  • Replace an old version of an asset with a newer one without having to check-out, then check-in
  • Sharing an asset or a set of assets via a share link -- would be great to generate shorter, dynamic URLs for sharing as opposed to the longer string URLs it currently generates
I believe that MediaValet is one of the best DAM platforms for destination marketing organizations like Visit Anaheim where digital assets/collateral can be centralized and easily distributed as needed. I have personally already recommended MediaValet on two separate occasions to former colleagues who were looking to revamp and restrategize their digital asset management at other destination marketing organizations.
My core focus is the promotion of our diversified portfolio of properties in Mexico, the Caribbean & the USA to the Southern Plains of the US, mainly focused on the MICE Groups and Conventions segment of our Hospitality Industry. Marketing is essential to my actions on a daily basis and having access to all our media content such as Photos, Videos and brochures is key, from my mobile phone, tablet, and mac to create content and be able to deliver said media to our viewers and clients, all this is provided by MediaValet.
  • Provides easy access on many platforms
  • Allows adaptation of images to fit all needs of media platforms
  • Share content with clients is easy and focused
  • Create personalized folders to only see what we need, when we need
  • Store images at high quality
  • More Mobile accessiability
  • When selecting multiply images, to be able to change pages and not lose those already selected.
  • Allow to share directly via an email to a 3rd party
Easy access is key for my day to day, allowing this access is important and why I choose Media Valet, It could improve if I were able to share a specific video or image directly to a 3rd party without the need to create the link and then share, this could safe time and efforts