Medium is a blogging and web publishing platform from the company of the same name in San Francisco, California.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Zr/f6/GPG1Z1PQGTMR.pngMedium.com - Great way to repurpose your content to a new audienceMedium.com is a part of our content marketing strategy as a clear, easy platform to publish our content to and reach a wider (yet still relevant) audience. We create and publish content on a range of relevant sites for us, but Medium offers a simple, self editable way to build a following, engage, link back and reach audiences that might not otherwise have found our content.,Easy usage, clear, good features to embed media from video to image. If using the import tool, Medium adds rel=canonical automatically. Great way to engage with, tag and encourage engagement with a relevant readership.,It can be harder to get your content seen as medium is a popular platform. It is still early days for us to track back success (traffic, rank etc) from posting to medium regularly. I hear tracking success outside vanity metrics can be hard for others too. I am yet to figure out how to create and add to magazines - these have the potential to be a good audience booster, but not too clear.,7,Good way to raise awareness of our content with @mentioned influencers Good way to link back to your original content Aside from publishing your own content Medium is a great news site in its own right. If you're looking for relevant industry news or other content, check in daily to see what's going on with others in your industry.Top not interface and user experience.Medium is a highly visible blogging platform with an excellent feature set and UX. Medium is used as an alternative to the company's primary blog for any posts that either promote the company, blog or sometimes clients. Because Medium already has a large following the click-through and impressions of these posts can be quite high.,User Experience - Their UX is top notch. Feature set - Minimal, but not overwhelmingly simple. They've found an excellent balance. Design. Low barrier to entry - All you need is a twitter account to get started.,Honestly can't think of any.,9,Medium is free.,WordPress, Drupal, Tumblr, Blogger and Squarespace,WordPress, Squarespace, Tumblr, DrupalMedium: Editor is Sharp, Content Marketing? MehMedium is part of our content marketing strategy. We create original content that we publish on our website and on various 3rd party websites. Since cross-linking helps to increase a site's authority, we link to related content on the various sites where we publish. Medium allows us to reach an audience that might never see our website through traditional searches. It also gives us another outlet where we can publish without fear that our content will be mangled by an external editor.,The editor is surprisingly robust and easy to use. Embedding media - while not intuitive - is very easy. The default formatting of content is visually quite pleasing. It's nice to not worry about that.,I think the broad reach of Medium is both a strength and a weakness. It is one more place where we can reach a ton of people, and likewise one more place where we can get lost in the noise. The way you select topics to appear in your feed is pretty simple, but I find that I get a lot of stuff I am not remotely interested in. I don't know if that is because my topic selection was poor, or if the publishers tagged their pieces poorly, or something else. I am still not 100% convinced that Medium is worth our content marketing efforts. On the one hand, it is visually appealing and easy to access. On the other hand, I cannot yet tie any particular marketing success back to our efforts on Medium.,5,Like I said previously, the jury is still out on whether or not it is positive. I can definitely say it has not hurt us, but I likewise cannot say for sure that it has helped.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,9,Editor Follow/Unfollow topics & tags,I didn't find anything terribly difficult,9Medium: Blogging for ProfessionalsWith my writing and design, I personally use Medium as a way to gain followers. I'm able to gain followers on the site itself and it encourages readers to follow me and other writers on Twitter as well. It's been doing a nice job of building followers on both. Once I have people's attention, I hope to switch attention more into something that can be of monetary value.,Create a following on the website. Gain Twitter followers. Provide a space where it is very simple to post writing.,Medium might benefit from having discussion boards for writers. Medium could be improved if it helped compensate writers on the site. Right now, you need to refresh your bookmarks page to show updates. It would be nice if it updated automatically.,9,Greatly increased exposure. Good feedback from users on what they think of posts. Good metrics on where readers are coming from. Doesn't directly translate into monetary compensation.,,Dropbox, Buffer, Amazon Web Services
Medium

Medium Reviews

Medium
Filter 15 vetted Medium reviews and ratings
Lucy Jones profile photo
March 21, 2017

Review: "Medium.com - Great way to repurpose your content to a new audience"

• Easy usage, clear, good features to embed media from video to image.
  • If using the import tool, Medium adds rel=canonical automatically.
  • Great way to engage with, tag and encourage engagement with a relevant readership.
  • It can be harder to get your content seen as medium is a popular platform.
  • It is still early days for us to track back success (traffic, rank etc) from posting to medium regularly. I hear tracking success outside vanity metrics can be hard for others too.
  • I am yet to figure out how to create and add to magazines - these have the potential to be a good audience booster, but not too clear.
If you're already producing quality, helpful content to your audience, and are looking for third party sites to republish to build traction, Medium is great - and as many businesses find, this can be beneficial to both your following and search rank.

It will require work on engagement though, and regular posting.
Read Lucy Jones's full review
March 28, 2017

Medium Review: "Top not interface and user experience."

• User Experience - Their UX is top notch.
  • Feature set - Minimal, but not overwhelmingly simple. They've found an excellent balance.
  • Design.
  • Low barrier to entry - All you need is a twitter account to get started.
  • Honestly can't think of any.
It really depends on the need. I don't see Medium as a place for all of your blog posts. It's not a dumping ground-- it's better suited for your best posts. If you're posting something to gain extra exposure about your company, brand or another subject it's an excellent resource because it's easily discoverable. Choose what's posted to Medium wisely.
Jack Edward Heald profile photo
July 13, 2016

Review: "Medium: Editor is Sharp, Content Marketing? Meh"

• The editor is surprisingly robust and easy to use.
  • Embedding media - while not intuitive - is very easy.
  • The default formatting of content is visually quite pleasing. It's nice to not worry about that.
  • I think the broad reach of Medium is both a strength and a weakness. It is one more place where we can reach a ton of people, and likewise one more place where we can get lost in the noise.
  • The way you select topics to appear in your feed is pretty simple, but I find that I get a lot of stuff I am not remotely interested in. I don't know if that is because my topic selection was poor, or if the publishers tagged their pieces poorly, or something else.
  • I am still not 100% convinced that Medium is worth our content marketing efforts. On the one hand, it is visually appealing and easy to access. On the other hand, I cannot yet tie any particular marketing success back to our efforts on Medium.
If you are vanity publishing and just want to see your stuff on the web, it is very, VERY easy to get involved with. Of course, your writing is not likely to stand out if you don't have a clear plan.
The more I use it, the more I like it. The user interface is extremely well-done. I kinda wish my WordPress-based blogs had editors that were that easy to use.
Read Jack Edward Heald's full review
January 22, 2016

User Review: "Medium: Blogging for Professionals"

• Create a following on the website.
  • Gain Twitter followers.
  • Provide a space where it is very simple to post writing.
  • Medium might benefit from having discussion boards for writers.
  • Medium could be improved if it helped compensate writers on the site.
  • Right now, you need to refresh your bookmarks page to show updates. It would be nice if it updated automatically.
Medium is a very good platform for professionals sharing advice and experiences. It's great for seeing fresh perspectives on current events and finding stories that are relevant to you. Tags make it easy to target your niche audience. However, Medium is not ideal for people who want to write more mundane personal blogs, poems, or short stories. The platform is simple for this, but that type of writing doesn't often get much exposure.

About Medium