Go to the essential

Workflow Automation (13)

Team Collaboration (13)

Mobile Access (13)

6.7

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of MeisterTask, and make your voice heard!

MeisterTask Pro

per user/per month

MeisterTask Business

per user/per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.meistertask.com/pricing

Project Management

What is MeisterTask?

MeisterTask is a task management and collaboration tool. It aims to let teams manage tasks in a beautifully designed and customizable environment, which is designed to be intuitive. The vendor says MeisterTask's project boards adapt to any team’s workflow, making it suitable for managing everything from software sprints to editorial calendars. According to the vendor, while other task management apps often only visualize work, MeisterTask takes it one step further by automating recurring steps in users' workflows to help them work more efficiently and consistently.

MeisterTask is developed by Meister, the company behind the online mind mapping tool MindMeister. An integration between MindMeister and MeisterTask enables users to turn their brainstorms directly into agile project boards and their ideas into actionable tasks.

MeisterTask is available as a web app and offers apps for Mac, Windows, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android devices. The mobile apps come with offline functionality so users can stay on top of their to-dos even when not connected to the internet.

MeisterTask Features

• Supported: Multiple checklists
  • Supported: Custom fields
  • Supported: Roles and permissions

MeisterTask Screenshots

The MeisterTask dashboardA MeisterTask project boardThe beautiful dashboard shows a background image of your choice and provides a quick overview of all your active projects and notifications from your team. The colorful project boards are a joy to use, be it on a tablet, smartphone or desktop.A MeisterTask task

MeisterTask Videos

MeisterTask - Online Task Management And Team Collaboration
Using MeisterTask on the iPhone
MindMeister and MeisterTask - How to turn ideas into action
Working with sections and tags to set up your perfect project board
Automating your workflow in MeisterTask with Section Actions

Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)25%
Enterprises (more than 500 employees)20%

MeisterTask Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported LanguagesGerman, English, French, Japanese, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish

What are MeisterTask's top competitors?

Trello, Asana, and Wrike are common alternatives for MeisterTask.

What is MeisterTask's best feature?

Reviewers rate Timesheet Tracking highest, with a score of 9.7.

Who uses MeisterTask?

The most common users of MeisterTask are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Stella Olsson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Within the company it is an essential requirement to use this software since it simply recompiles workflows based on everything that should be done during the day, week, month and even the entire year if possible. This workflow that is collected can be managed on a single board or it depends on the case in which you want to manage the tasks. It has a very clean interface, so that you can manage tasks more easily and effectively while maintaining a very linear logic in the work process. It keeps the work aspect very active and organized making me feel that my work isn't as heavy as it looked.
MeisterTask is being used as a cross-country project follow-up tool. It helps with the quick organization and follow-up of tasks. Its mobile capability increases ease of use by team members.
For example, our headquarter team usually leads country-specific projects and those projects involve teams from different regions. Previously those projects had weekly regular meetings when tasks were reviewed and discussed. It was difficult to get together more often as the resources had busy schedules.
With MeisterTask, now it is much easier for team members to communicate any time without meeting setup. With the mobile devices, updating tasks, asking questions and adding comments take minimum time, increasing efficiency through the organization.
Kinga Odziemek | TrustRadius Reviewer
MeisterTask was implemented to support project management and team collaboration. The whole team uses it. We had tried a lot of tools before MeisterTask but actually, only this one solved some of our problems. Also, it is incredibly easy to get through the onboarding process—the whole team implemented it very quickly and with pleasure.
Tyler Grudowski | TrustRadius Reviewer
MeisterTask is such a fantastic productivity tool. We currently have four people working for NoMo Diagnostics full-time, and then we contract some of our work out to software engineers and computer scientists. MeisterTask allows us to write up various tasks that we need to get done, assign them to the correct people, and follow them through to completion.
Mario Pires | TrustRadius Reviewer
Since we started with MeisterTask we have developed a much more agile communication. Email exchanged dropped to almost zero on some projects run on MeisterTask. We can now have an overlook of the status of each project and how is in charge of what. These guys made a great job and it works seamlessly on every platform. Couldn't live without :-)
Daniel Cruz | TrustRadius Reviewer
I really love that Meistertask has a timer feature to track how much time my team spends on projects. I use Meistertask in my whole organization to manage projects and tasks. Being able to create tons of separate projects and share with certain people is great. Being able to comment on specific to-dos is great. Being able to collaborate with people and share is great. I really like the MeisterTask interface. Clean, beautiful and organized.
Amy Beth Byrd | TrustRadius Reviewer
I do graphic design, e-commerce, and also manage the eBay selling for a client. I'm self-employed and don't currently have any employees working for me. However, my work gets very complicated because it's almost as if I'm managing three different businesses. For the two separate e-commerce businesses, my own and those of my clients, I have separate sets of inventory, shipments, listings, photos for the listings, product research, payments and invoices, etc., to keep up with, and then there's also the graphic design.
Because there are so many details to keep up with within three separate contexts, trying to keep up with it all while tying it together into one, cohesive big picture so that I can prioritize tasks is very difficult for one person.

Over the past three years, I've tried more project management solutions than I can list or even bring to mind at the moment. The book "Getting Things Done" was a game-changer for me, but finding a system that helped me to implement it was a different story. Using Evernote alone just didn't work for me. Because my work involves so many different sets of files, links, and notes, I was soon buried under an avalanche of notes and notebooks, plus I needed more online links than offline notes. I needed a solution that was more geared towards task management, would allow for separation of the different contexts but would also tie them together, would allow enough customization to fit my unique situation, was attractive to look at (as I'm a visual thinker), but was user-friendly enough that it didn't require watching hours of video tutorials before you could even begin. The closest thing I found to meet my needs was IQTell, but then the app unfortunately closed down. Just when I'd decided I'd tried them all, I found MeisterTask. I can honestly say it is unlike any other solution I've tried, and it has simplified what was a very complicated situation.
February 20, 2017

Go to the essential

Christian Clément | TrustRadius Reviewer
Meistertask is really what I need to manage my tasks and the project's tasks. Depending on the context, I use a static or Kanban board. You can easily configure it like you want, share with the team and keep the overview.

Before using it, we compared it with other competitors, but Meistertask is one of the best: easy to use, without features you don't need, very intuitive and quick. With it, you can be very efficient. What I really like is the smartphone app. Before I managed only my tasks on my laptop. The app is so quick and easy I do everything from it.
Ralf Gerhardt | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using Meistertask in my agency for planning and strategy and this tool happens to be perfect for that task. Too many plans can be a big problem when you don't have the budget and manpower to make all those plans a reality. And for me Meistertask gives me a platform to sort all this out and come up with detailed, doable strategies. I know it is meant as a project management software, but it can be perfectly customized for strategic planning. Thanks to the vendor for this great tool and not to forget the aesthetic background images I really love :-) :-).
Bernie J Mitchell | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a freelancer and work mainly on my own. I [started using] Meister Task after I used the mind mapping app Meister also makes.

The HUGE value for me is being able to empty my head into a mind map, play around with ideas and then group them into tasks and then send them to a time-dependent tool like MindMeister.
Mihály Gerstmajer | TrustRadius Reviewer
I switched to MeisterTask when my team was to make a (IMHO) bad decision about which solution to use for task, time and project management, hence I'm using it alone (I hope that's going to change) and transfer data from it to the one the team chose. In that one I had difficulties prioritizing my own tasks, breaking them down in smaller chunks, tracking time spent on each one, and the files that were task or project related... They were scattered widely in emails and on different machines of the team. There's another problem that it could address if we were using it as team: communication, focused on project and task. While it has email integration and mobile access, none of those are used by the team in the other solution either. Though I imagine email notifications could operate as an alarm function for due dates.
Terri Harmon | TrustRadius Reviewer
All of my clients that I am working with are all on one screen, so that everyone I am working with is top of mind. I slide them over to a new column as they progress. I have checklists set up that I can add as necessary, all forms that pertain to their account are added, all notes as I speak to them, and this takes seconds. It has made my life worry-free because I don't miss a thing since it is all on one screen. I also have a project set up for my other businesses, my reading agenda, thank yous to send out, and anything I want to keep top of mind. I can add things from my Meister mind mapping when I need it too. I have shown so many how to use this simple and responsive application because I think it is the answer to so many problems and worries. DEFINITELY try this and see if you don't feel the same way about it.
Alpesh Nakrani | TrustRadius Reviewer
We generally use MeisterTask to collaborate within the team to do day to day tasks. And also manage the time tracking for the same. It makes it easy to quickly view the summary of the tasks from a management perspective and for the work of the team lead, manager, seniors, and end users.