https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/zx/gn/TLTE2TIXI0WU.JPEGMention: The Best Kept Secret for Social Media Marketing!I use Mention to monitor mentions of my company on social media. We are a small company, so I am the only one that uses it. I get daily emails that show our top mentions of the day with links to each of them. I can also go to the Mention website and see ALL of the mentions, rather than just the top few. I often find Tweets, Instagram, and Facebook posts that mention my company, HeidiSongs.com, where I sell educational music and video collections for young children. I am then able to repost these and thank the poster! Occasionally, I have found some complaints that I have been able to handle immediately, so that I can do some instant damage control to protect my brand online. I find this to be an invaluable tool, and I only have used the free service! I have recommended Mention to many of my friends that are in business, and they have ALL started using it- and love it! Mention is one of the best kept secrets for the small business owner on that uses social media marketing!,Mention allows you to filter out certain websites that you do not need mentions from, such as Pinterest. For example, I do not need an alert each time someone repins one of my photos. Once I filtered that website out, I was able to easily stay within the 100 mentions per month that are allowed on the free plan. Mention gives you a link to the actual social media post where you can find your brands "shout out." This is great, because it is quick and easy to go to the post and thank the poster for their mention. You do not have to visit the Mention website to do this unless you want to. Mention allows you to mark certain website's mentions of you as irrelevant. I appreciate this, because there are always certain "spammy" types of mentions that come up here and there, and I don't want to waste any of my 100 free monthly mentions on that!,It did take me a while to figure out how to filter out the websites that I didn't need and focus only on what I needed the most. Perhaps this could be explained a little bit better.,10,Mention has had a positive impact on my business because it gives people the impression that I was following them, even if I might not have been. It makes me appear active on all social media platforms, even if I ONLY look at my mentions each day! Because I have only used the free plan but have benefitted greatly, I would say that my ROI is fantastic! The only negative impact that Mention has is that I do get a daily email in my inbox, and it is one more thing to check. However, it is worth the time.,1,Buffer and Tailwind,Microsoft Office 2016, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe PhotoshopMention May Be The Only Tool Of Its Kind And Ahead Of The GameAn Invaluable Tool Long Overdue For Small Businesses Mention is used to gauge the interaction and quality of our social media content. We use the data to improve our content and gain insight into what our audience likes or dislikes. Seeing the click-through rate of our material helps with developing exciting content our followers will more likely be interested in reading. It also helps to know the effectiveness and reach our content gets once posted and the organic reach of older material. The data acquired when using mentions has proven to be an asset to our company. The features provided help us get an idea of what improvements are needed or may improve the engagement of our posts and impression on our audience. Without some of the features available, we would be spending countless dollars trying to keep track of all the details of running content campaigns. Having a small company on a limited budget, it helps to have mentioned as a tool that replaces the lack of employee power.,Engagement - Knowing how well your content is doing with your audiences is a beneficial feature to have at your disposal. Reach - Knowing the who, and where your content ends up, gives a better insight into how compelling your content is. Data Reports - The many features offered by Mention is invaluable. Some of the best thought out features are with this company.,Price - This is the only issue we have encountered. As a small company struggling to stay afloat. Pricing is always an issue. Mindfulness of the unfortunate needs more attention in the future. Doing so may attract more users in our opinion.,9,At this point, the data to support if the results of using Mention has helped or hurt our Return on Investment. We are using wishful thinking to evaluate the effectiveness of using Mention. More time will be needed to determine the actual value of using Mention.,1,Are you being Mentioned?We actively use Mention to track how people across social media are interacting with our brand. Mention allows me to see when others have shared one of our articles or social media posts, as well as any tags or mentions of our brand online. While it is only within my Customer Service department that we use Mention, it is extremely useful for receiving fast notifications of mentions of our brand. That way we can choose to interact socially when it's happening or nip any complaints in the bud before they can impact too many people.,My favorite benefit of using Mention is the speed of notification! I have used other services where I'm not notified of interaction until way after the fact. I want to know immediately so that I have the option to interact LIVE with the consumer. The "Influencer Score" is used to help me pick and choose who I want to engage with. If there is someone if high influence who shares one of our posts, I may reach out to them directly to network. This can help build relationships where guest posting and backlinking is possible. I LOVE that Mention also tracks article mentions of our brand. Not online do I get notified when people are talking (or sharing) on social media - but I get notified when we receive a backlink in an article.,I'm not a huge fan of the layout of Mention. I'm a sucker for a clean and minimalistic presentation, and I feel like there is too much going on with the Mention dashboard. I feel like there isn't a lot of bells and whistles to the program. I think that they could probably stand to spruce it up a bit.,8,We are more aware than ever of the mentions of our business name online. Before, we were in the dark. I would only find out that someone mentioned our brand if I had actively searched for our brand. Because I am aware of when we are being mentioned, I am able to combat any negativity right away. When I am alerted to negative commentary, I have the ability to connect with that consumer and make them happy before the negativity impacts our brand. The time Mention saves me in researching our online mentions is priceless. Deep research is time-consuming and now I don't have to do that on my own.,1,HubSpot, Agency Analytics, BrightLocalMention: See Where Your Business is Mentioned.We use Mention within our marketing department. We have started when the company was very young and we wanted to know who and where mentioned us (without constantly Googling the brand's name). By now, we've grown and got our SEO specialist who monitors the mentions and links to us as well, but Mention is still a useful thing.,Convenient features that help you monitor the mentions (hence the name) online. Good UI/UX that helps you streamline the process and the navigation is clear and simple (although the features are many) The free version is efficient enough to see whether you need this instrument in your arsenal or not.,I wish there was a trial version of the insights to see what features are inside when one just starts to use Mention. (They have this demo feature for the Influencers so you get to see what's in it.),8,We have started small and the entire marketing department consisted of one person. Considering the amount of work that's needed to do, Mention was a great tool for social media monitoring that helped to save some (or a lot of) time. Besides saving time, it also boosted confidence :) When you have a startup, it's always nice to see your name mentioned online (even if sometimes it was by your friends, there were times when it was Huffington Post.),2,HubSpot CRM, HubSpot, MailChimp, SendGrid Marketing Email, Google AnalyticsMention Gives You 360° Visibility in Real TimeWe use Mention to track real-time mentions of our company, products, and competitors. Our marketing team and company has access to Mention data through a Zapier integration to a Clack channel. We are a lean team, so this gives us the ability to all take ownership of our brand without additional effort. Mention is a great way to gain 360-degree visibility into what's being said about your brand.,Mention kills it at real-time updates across all channels. Mention makes it easy to listen to what people are saying about your product. Mention enables us to follow what our competitors are doing with little to no effort.,The mention dashboard in the web app is noisy. It could be streamlined to make the most pertinent information easier to consume.,10,At $29/month, Mention is a bargain. We are able to see potentially harmful news bits in real-time which gives us the time to craft a response and act quickly.,2,Bottlenose, TweetDeck and Hootsuite Pro,Slack, Zoom, Freshdesk
Mention

Mention Reviews

Mention
Filter 19 vetted Mention reviews and ratings
May 23, 2018

Review: "Mention: The Best Kept Secret for Social Media Marketing!"

• Mention allows you to filter out certain websites that you do not need mentions from, such as Pinterest. For example, I do not need an alert each time someone repins one of my photos. Once I filtered that website out, I was able to easily stay within the 100 mentions per month that are allowed on the free plan.
  • Mention gives you a link to the actual social media post where you can find your brands "shout out." This is great, because it is quick and easy to go to the post and thank the poster for their mention. You do not have to visit the Mention website to do this unless you want to.
  • Mention allows you to mark certain website's mentions of you as irrelevant. I appreciate this, because there are always certain "spammy" types of mentions that come up here and there, and I don't want to waste any of my 100 free monthly mentions on that!
  • It did take me a while to figure out how to filter out the websites that I didn't need and focus only on what I needed the most. Perhaps this could be explained a little bit better.
Mention is great because you can put in certain words or phrases for it to look for, and not just actual tags of your brand name. For example, since my brand is HeidiSongs.com, but is often misspelled as Heidi's Songs (and other variations of the name), I can put in as many words and phrases as I like to pull in as many mentions as possible. On the other hand, I don't need to know if someone pins something from my website to Pinterest, so I filter that out.
Read Heidi Butkus's full review
May 02, 2018

Review: "Mention May Be The Only Tool Of Its Kind And Ahead Of The Game"

An Invaluable Tool Long Overdue For Small Businesses

• Engagement - Knowing how well your content is doing with your audiences is a beneficial feature to have at your disposal.
  • Reach - Knowing the who, and where your content ends up, gives a better insight into how compelling your content is.
  • Data Reports - The many features offered by Mention is invaluable. Some of the best thought out features are with this company.
  • Price - This is the only issue we have encountered. As a small company struggling to stay afloat. Pricing is always an issue. Mindfulness of the unfortunate needs more attention in the future. Doing so may attract more users in our opinion.
Mention is one of the best tools around. It would be foolish to assume that every business will have a use for this powerful tool with features that most small businesses and startups overlook the development of their brand and company. For example, there are a lot of companies and startups with beginner entrepreneurs who lack the knowledge to get an adequate start with their business ideas or launches.
Read Stephen Thomas's full review
April 25, 2018

User Review: "Are you being Mentioned?"

• My favorite benefit of using Mention is the speed of notification! I have used other services where I'm not notified of interaction until way after the fact. I want to know immediately so that I have the option to interact LIVE with the consumer.
  • The "Influencer Score" is used to help me pick and choose who I want to engage with. If there is someone if high influence who shares one of our posts, I may reach out to them directly to network. This can help build relationships where guest posting and backlinking is possible.
  • I LOVE that Mention also tracks article mentions of our brand. Not online do I get notified when people are talking (or sharing) on social media - but I get notified when we receive a backlink in an article.
  • I'm not a huge fan of the layout of Mention. I'm a sucker for a clean and minimalistic presentation, and I feel like there is too much going on with the Mention dashboard.
  • I feel like there isn't a lot of bells and whistles to the program. I think that they could probably stand to spruce it up a bit.
Mention is perfect if your online reputation is important to you. If you are looking to keep track of what people are saying about your brand, and you wish to interact with those people, Mention can fill that need for you. However, if you aren't too interested in your online presence and you have no intention of interacting socially, then you won't receive the full benefit of the program.
Read Sarah Nelson's full review
April 25, 2018

Review: "Mention: See Where Your Business is Mentioned."

• Convenient features that help you monitor the mentions (hence the name) online.
  • Good UI/UX that helps you streamline the process and the navigation is clear and simple (although the features are many)
  • The free version is efficient enough to see whether you need this instrument in your arsenal or not.
  • I wish there was a trial version of the insights to see what features are inside when one just starts to use Mention. (They have this demo feature for the Influencers so you get to see what's in it.)
I have worked with Mention in two companies, for two brands. One was called Grossum and now it's The APP Solutions. Considering the fact that Grossum is a Latin word often used for description plants or insects or something (for example, "Stethophyma grossum" aka big grasshopper), Mention was not very convenient in this case because we got notifications about large hot peppers or grasshoppers. Otherwise, it was a very convenient tool and now with The APP Solutions, the problem is not a problem at all.
Read Zee Gimon's full review
April 24, 2018

Review: "Mention Gives You 360° Visibility in Real Time"

• Mention kills it at real-time updates across all channels.
  • Mention makes it easy to listen to what people are saying about your product.
  • Mention enables us to follow what our competitors are doing with little to no effort.
  • The mention dashboard in the web app is noisy. It could be streamlined to make the most pertinent information easier to consume.
I would absolutely recommend Mention to colleagues. If you are a marketing leader in your organization, Mention is a must have tool.
Read Lauren FitzHugh's full review
February 15, 2018

Mention Review: "Great as an additional monitoring service"

We use Mention as an additional component to other online monitoring services. Key words are monitored for mentions on blogs, forums and online news sites.
  • Easy to review and digest email alerts on key search words
  • Catches mentions other services have missed
  • Some searches are not as accurate and we get some irrelevant results
We value Mention as an additional online monitoring service. It works well as it does catch placements we otherwise might have missed.
August 30, 2016

User Review: "Using Mention Weekly"

I receive an email notification of mentions each day until I reach my quota for the month. It helps me catch comments/questions on social media that I would otherwise miss.
  • Displaying tweets that mention your organization/company without you having to search
  • Delivering an automated response right to your inbox
  • Links directly to users that mention you so you can respond easily
  • Searching instagram and facebook too!
  • Having an unlimited quota!
  • Allowing a user to answer within Mention rather than linking to an account or post
I think that Mention works best for larger organizations with one social media manager - the automated post email really is helpful, but if you have a larger team or not many mentions, it's probably more easily managed.
Read Nicky Enriquez's full review

Mention Scorecard Summary

About Mention

Mention is a social media monitoring tool. Users can create alerts for their company name, product or competitors. The vendor aims to help companies get updated in real-time by tracking the most relevant mentions over the web and social web. The vendor’s value proposition is that Mention enables companies to react, get statistics, and collaborate with their team, all on the go! According to the vendor, over 650,000 companies use Mention.

Mention Features