Mention Reviews

January 14, 2020
Mark Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer

• Easy to use dashboard
  • Filters and Boolean Search optional with more expensive packages
  • Can be difficult to refine a search without assistance from Mention rep
  • While better than competitors, Mention can still miss important mentions if searches aren't set up properly
Read Mark Anderson's full review
April 14, 2020

Pros and Cons

• Easy to review and digest email alerts on key search words
  • Catches mentions other services have missed
  • Some searches are not as accurate and we get some irrelevant results
December 17, 2019
Kenny King | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Mention is very easy to set up.
  • Mention has a simple interface and is very easy to navigate.
  • Mention's price point is not always affordable.
  • A good feature that Mention should add is the ability to email websites directly from the platform.
Read Kenny King's full review
November 24, 2019
Maddy Osman | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Tracks brand mentions across the web.
  • Find people who are republishing your content without permission.
  • Find conversations that your brand should be a part of.
  • Compared to related tools, it doesn't catch every single mention.
  • Pricing doesn't scale well for a freelancer wanting to use it across a few clients.
Read Maddy Osman's full review
November 20, 2019
Andy Abramson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Captures what's on the various social networks quite well.
  • Provides a daily summary that makes it possible to see what's happening on the social networks for the ID's I'm following or the keywords being tracked.
  • Enables the ability to see the activity of multiple social networks in a single combined recap each day.
  • Mention is an older platform and in this rapidly changing world and "need it now," I'm not feeling it's really there yet.
  • I'm having to create my own social tracking using IFTTT and Zapier to be ahead of the curve. I wish Mention was as fast.
Read Andy Abramson's full review
Tim Cigelske | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Tracking multiple keywords together in one search.
  • Providing a daily email digest of top mentions.
  • Tracking the most influential people using the key terms.
  • Hits plan limit for search terms rather quickly if you have broad terms.
  • Could have better third-party integration.
Read Tim Cigelske's full review
Jon Padgett | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• It picks up mentions of monitored keywords better than any other we've tried.
  • You can set up boolean searches (an available option for some plans) for advanced searches and negative keywords.
  • You can exclude monitoring by language and country, if you don't want to monitor the entire web.
  • It updates frequently and can set up email alerts.
  • No Facebook monitoring.
  • You cannot interact with Instagram posts through their interface (you have to click on IG posts in Mention to open them up in Instagram in order to like/comment/etc).
  • We cannot exclude keywords from account names (negative keywords in boolean searches only work for the body of the post/tweet, not the account name).
  • Negative keywords of only one character (e.g., "£") don't appear to work.
Read Jon Padgett's full review
November 13, 2019
Mark Barrera | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Finds mentions of our brand across social channels
  • Able to find references to our brand that other tools miss
  • The preview tool is great and takes you directly to the spot in the content that you are mentioned so that you don't have to hunt it down.
  • Speed of loading the previews could be enhanced. Sometimes takes a while to load.
  • Having some of the enterprise capabilities in the lower tier subscriptions would be nice. Would love to not have to pay hundreds more a month just for the ability to export mentions to a CSV
Read Mark Barrera's full review
Sasha Jacobsen | TrustRadius Reviewer

• Clean Interface
  • Does exactly what the name implies - tracks mentions
  • Offers for free and paid plans make it an obvious choice
  • Not as detailed as perhaps I would like
  • Paid plans too expensive for some companies
Read Sasha Jacobsen's full review
November 12, 2019
Cheryl Gress | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Social media tracking (Twitter, Facebook).
  • Popular website link backs (Reddit, 4chan).
  • Rates the popularity of the sites talking about yours.
  • Could do without our own social media links.
Read Cheryl Gress's full review
May 13, 2019
Josh Brown | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Monitors all web content and finds any information that is being published that is related to our brand or software solution.
  • We are notified on a daily basis with a list of mentions from news websites, forums and social channels. This is super important because we are always aware of the current product status and opinion from people. We are always ready to react to any negative or positive online mention.
  • We are able to see who mentions us the most from the reports made by Mention. As a result, we can invest more into the channels that mention us a lot and expand exposure even more.
  • Inaccurate mentions. At least once a day, we receive inaccurate mentions that are not related to us at all but they do have our brand name there. I assume this is not Mention's fault because they use the keywords we provide to them. But I think they can improve it but making their system smarter and adapt to valid mentions from the past.
  • The price. We don't use Mention for all of the features and we wish it'd be cheaper. We're a small company, so pricing is always an important part of making a decision.
  • Doesn't always catch your company mention. In most cases, it alerts us of all popular mentions but there are still times when a blog posts was posted but Mention did not catch it.
Read Josh Brown's full review
January 16, 2019
Aaron Treguboff | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Alerts!!! Mention allows total customization of what they call Alerts. You are able to set up monitored pages, sources, and locations, keywords, set color of alert for quick reference and more.
  • Negative keywords! It is super easy to add in keywords and phrases that you do not want pulled into an alert. Making it super easy to set up an alert to monitor your brand, but excluded any mentions of job postings!
  • The UI of the software is clean and easy to read! Makes it easy to scan quickly and see all the most current mentions you have set up to track
  • It integrates with Slack. If you are addicted to Slack, you will rejoice. If you don't understand why this matters, then I recommend downloading Slack today!
  • Yes, I just said it is clean and easy to use, but there is always room for improvement in even the most perfect software. I would personally love to see the ability to custom message options a bit more or just customize the look and feel of your dashboard.
  • Bugs. Mention works great 95% of the time. The other 5%, you may run into major crashes or see mentions that you cleared coming back, etc., but nothing that is a deal breaker or unexpected with a tool like this. Worth noting nonetheless!
  • Better plans. This is a small issue, but I wish the lower plans has some basic reporting.
Read Aaron Treguboff's full review
December 06, 2018
Matthew Finneran | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Easy to review found posts
  • Easy to setup and start seeing it immediately working
  • Great notifications
  • They keep getting better at this but this is a hard thing for anyone—and that's monitoring generic names of companies like Delta. It's tough to filter out where someone may be saying "Delta" in a way that doesn't apply to the airline. Again, that's tough for everyone, but they have the same issue.
Read Matthew Finneran's full review
May 23, 2018
Heidi Butkus | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Mention allows you to filter out certain websites that you do not need mentions from, such as Pinterest. For example, I do not need an alert each time someone repins one of my photos. Once I filtered that website out, I was able to easily stay within the 100 mentions per month that are allowed on the free plan.
  • Mention gives you a link to the actual social media post where you can find your brands "shout out." This is great, because it is quick and easy to go to the post and thank the poster for their mention. You do not have to visit the Mention website to do this unless you want to.
  • Mention allows you to mark certain website's mentions of you as irrelevant. I appreciate this, because there are always certain "spammy" types of mentions that come up here and there, and I don't want to waste any of my 100 free monthly mentions on that!
  • It did take me a while to figure out how to filter out the websites that I didn't need and focus only on what I needed the most. Perhaps this could be explained a little bit better.
Read Heidi Butkus's full review
May 02, 2018
Stephen Thomas | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Engagement - Knowing how well your content is doing with your audiences is a beneficial feature to have at your disposal.
  • Reach - Knowing the who, and where your content ends up, gives a better insight into how compelling your content is.
  • Data Reports - The many features offered by Mention is invaluable. Some of the best thought out features are with this company.
  • Price - This is the only issue we have encountered. As a small company struggling to stay afloat. Pricing is always an issue. Mindfulness of the unfortunate needs more attention in the future. Doing so may attract more users in our opinion.
Read Stephen Thomas's full review
April 25, 2018
Sarah Nelson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• My favorite benefit of using Mention is the speed of notification! I have used other services where I'm not notified of interaction until way after the fact. I want to know immediately so that I have the option to interact LIVE with the consumer.
  • The "Influencer Score" is used to help me pick and choose who I want to engage with. If there is someone if high influence who shares one of our posts, I may reach out to them directly to network. This can help build relationships where guest posting and backlinking is possible.
  • I LOVE that Mention also tracks article mentions of our brand. Not online do I get notified when people are talking (or sharing) on social media - but I get notified when we receive a backlink in an article.
  • I'm not a huge fan of the layout of Mention. I'm a sucker for a clean and minimalistic presentation, and I feel like there is too much going on with the Mention dashboard.
  • I feel like there isn't a lot of bells and whistles to the program. I think that they could probably stand to spruce it up a bit.
Read Sarah Nelson's full review
April 25, 2018
Zee Gimon | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Convenient features that help you monitor the mentions (hence the name) online.
  • Good UI/UX that helps you streamline the process and the navigation is clear and simple (although the features are many)
  • The free version is efficient enough to see whether you need this instrument in your arsenal or not.
  • I wish there was a trial version of the insights to see what features are inside when one just starts to use Mention. (They have this demo feature for the Influencers so you get to see what's in it.)
Read Zee Gimon's full review
April 24, 2018
Lauren FitzHugh | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Mention kills it at real-time updates across all channels.
  • Mention makes it easy to listen to what people are saying about your product.
  • Mention enables us to follow what our competitors are doing with little to no effort.
  • The mention dashboard in the web app is noisy. It could be streamlined to make the most pertinent information easier to consume.
Read Lauren FitzHugh's full review
August 30, 2016
Nicky Enriquez | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Displaying tweets that mention your organization/company without you having to search
  • Delivering an automated response right to your inbox
  • Links directly to users that mention you so you can respond easily
  • Searching instagram and facebook too!
  • Having an unlimited quota!
  • Allowing a user to answer within Mention rather than linking to an account or post
Read Nicky Enriquez's full review
February 04, 2019

Pros and Cons

• Mention has nice support and implementation function. They will do some of the harder work for you (e.g. refining your alerts).
  • It helps us to easily track and rank influencers, which improves the effectiveness of our Public Relations (PR).
  • You can filter and refine alerts e.g. by language. This is useful if you want to break into new markets.
  • It can be hard to set up the alerts, especially if you're tracking a popular term. You need to use boolean language (which Mention will help with) to ensure proper setup.
  • The pricing can be a little steep for smaller businesses.
  • They're pushing to be an all-in-one social media management solution. It works well, but I'd rather just have the social listening tool and reduce the cost. Perhaps they could segment their pricing by feature?

What is Mention?

Mention is a social media monitoring tool. Users can create alerts for their company name, product or competitors. The vendor aims to help companies get updated in real-time by tracking the most relevant mentions over the web and social web. The vendor’s value proposition is that Mention enables companies to react, get statistics, and collaborate with their team, all on the go! According to the vendor, over 650,000 companies use Mention.

Mention Features