Reviews (1-25 of 59)
- Without MiCloud, we would not have a proper system for handling the many customer calls that we get every hour. It is a great management system for that purpose.
- It is very easy to use. Simple navigation with easy to use features and not too much guesswork.
- Great handling for email distribution.
- Minor glitches from time to time. For instance, it does not always open automatically when I start my computer.
- Maybe some improvement with menu and information location. Fewer clicks to get to call history, for example.
- Its ability to connect to other members in the office is seamless.
- Making interoffice and out-of-office transfers is very simple.
- Logging in and out for breaks (lunch, personal, and otherwise), is really just two button clicks.
- I wish it were easier to pull-up past calls in order to discern details shared in a conversation.
- Accessing voicemail from the ShoreTel communicator isn't exactly as clear as making calls and transfers.
- The labels in call history are a little bit confusing sometimes.
MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel) Review: "Shoretel is made for all business models, big and small!"
- Instant Messaging system built into the ShoreTel Communicator that installs on the desktop, allows you to see call history, dial out, listen to voicemails, send IMs - all without added stress on Exchange Server.
- The handsets are intuitive for use, with plenty of programmable features.
- Server set up is simple, intuitive and easy to maintain over time.
- Over 6 years we had two issues that were resolved through ShoreTel's adding ability, the company is highly responsive to suggestions and critiques. At this time there are noticeable shortfalls in the tech or the software.
- ShoreTel has instant message capabilities that allow users to communicate without interruptions.
- ShoreTel has been around for years and the company is stable.
- It just works, we've had zero service interruptions that can be directly attributed to ShoreTel.
- The user interface looks like something straight out of the 90s.
- Setup is quick and painless
- Management of the phone system is web browser based
- Is the only phone system that we looked at that continued to run if the server went down
- Integrates with Microsoft Outlook
- Updates to the system are cumbersome.
- Better support for Bluetooth headsets would be nice
MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel) Review: "ShoreTel has served us so well, I make sure I tell all I can about it"
- Ease of phone management - easy to deploy; easy to relocate; and, easy to reassign extensions.
- Ease of overall system management - one pane of glass for all our switches, phones, users, call routing etc.
- Regular product updates and feature additions and/or refinements - listens to their customer base and provides clear upgrade paths.
- Encourages third-party enhancements and affords ease of integration to broaden the range of their already robust IP telephony solution.
- While very good reporting is offered via a third-party, it would be nice to have more report offerings baked in to the boxed solution.
- Adding and changing employees is very easy and only takes a minute.
- Setting up call flows is not too challenging. We have specific ring groups and settings.
- Moving the phone to different locations is a breeze, just needs a POE Ethernet connection.
- Call flow could be easier and more streamlined.
- The iphone app never worked for us. It should be reworked to copy the Cisco phones.
- The monthly expense for adding features adds up. If they included all the features, they would be fantastic.
- The Shoretel Communicator client is extremely convenient and efficient for our business needs. The Outlook synchronization works particularly well along with the quick dialer. Being able to type in a partial name or phone number and then click on a name to call a contact directly is very useful. It automatically adds all of my new contacts and their numbers, email, etc.
- Voice quality and QoS is excellent. We never have any issues of latency, dropped packets, static, etc. DSCP QoS tagging works out of the box as long as you enable it on your network.
- Shoreware Director, the administration portal is very user friendly, and doesn't require the end user to be very tech savvy. Everything in there is pretty self-explanatory.
- Creating users, changing numbers and extensions, MAC work are all very simple with minimum training.
- There are some minor issues with software bugs on new build releases.
- Quality control with the phones could be better. They have about a 3% failure rate in our experience, but the RMA process is quick and painless.
- Administration is a breeze. We are able to add extensions and users very quickly.
- We are able to assign phones quickly. Plug it into the network, and we are up and going within minutes.
- Love the softphone features with the desktop application. I can quickly look at voicemails and select the important ones without needing to weed through a bunch of non mission critical information.
- The admin panel does not work with browsers other than IE. I would love to see added browser support.
- We sometimes need to re-use extensions when people move departments. It would be lovely to have a feature to reset a user account VM quickly. Currently, we have to set the user to extension only and then back to extension and VM to have it reset.
- ShoreTel Sky's customer support is among the best that I've seen while in the industry.
- Though I generally enjoy ShoreTel's Customer Support a few features that are supposed to work whenever we add a new user stopped working, and I constantly have to call to have support manually do it for me. I keep getting told that it is supposed to be automatic but they apparently can't figure this one out.
- I can strongly say that the communication channels were always very clear and there was no breakdown of any kind throughout my 6 month work period.
- Since ShoreTel associates your profile with the phone it feels like the experience is very personalized.
- For internal communication purposes it is not necessary to dial a huge number, this makes it quick and efficient.
- I don't think that ShoreTel is of much value to teams that are more closely located in the work space. I do believe that extending functionality in ways like integrating meetings schedule and reminders might make it more useful.
- It is a wired device which restricts movement, adding a wireless device to the collection might be a good idea.
- It does not have a specific feature to group people under a single name, I would have liked to have seen a feature that allows users to group a set of people under one particular tag and be able to send them voicemails and as so on.
A less appropriate scenario is to use it in a team which is seated in the same room, I can relate to this example. However, if it is being used organization wide then it does serve its purpose to such teams as well, since people from other departments can contact them for a lot of various purposes. I am sure that it can be made more useful for inter team communication as well by adding features considering inter team communication as a usecase.
- Shoretel is cost effective. I am a Cisco fan. I love Cisco VOIP and their products, however, working for a non-profit, we didn't have the budget to deploy a full Cisco VOIP system.
- Call Clarity. The call clarity with ShoreTel is nice. Like all VOIP systems, it does require some adjustments with the settings, but once you are done, it sounds great.
- Their phones feel cheap. They feel like they were made with cheap plastic, and we have probably replaced almost 40% of their phones because they quit working or had issues. Their warranty covered the replacements of these phones.
- When the system is down, it quickly gets back up and running.
- Works well with our database we use
- It is user friendly
- Sometimes it slow - maybe it should keep updating itself
- Maybe more texting features
- Clearer calls
MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel) Review: "For the non-technical user, ShoreTel phones are a no brainer"
- Mobility App - easy to use, great features
- Conferencing - setting a conference up is a breeze and the Outlook plugin makes it even easier
- Communicator - allows you to see all things telephony in one place
- Conferencing- Once I set a meeting for a certain time period, I cannot go and change it mid-stream. In other words, if I know we're going to run over the 45 minute allotted time, I cannot go change it to 1 hour in Outlook. I will still get cut off by the system.
- ShoreTel app for Android- every time I open it, it closes (and I get a message about this), and I have to open it again. I've reinstalled it several times, and it continues to do this.
- The system up-time has been 100% over 3 years.
- With separate systems and two locations we used to have to fake the system into 4 digit dialing by forwarding all remote extensions to DIDs. Now with Shortel extended to the remote location we have true 4 digit dialing.
- The Shortel desktop application makes managing calls and call routing a breeze for even our most novice users.
- The licensing structure can make the system more expensive than your traditional phone system.
- The admin interface does not work in the latest web browsers.
- Haven't seen a dedicated soft-phone app.
ShoreTel is our central communication tool. The ability to work in and out of the office on one centralized platform is invaluable. My favorite elements of the ShoreTel UC solution is the easy to use conference bridge that is simple to administer and aesthetically pleasing. One touch entry to conference rooms is awesome and I love how simple it is to share with others. I am also a huge fan of the overall look and feel of the desktop client and hardware. It makes our organization appear even more modern than we already are. I would recommend ShoreTel to any business owner looking to improve communications, enhance productivity, and/or improve the appearance of their organization.
As a company that prides ourselves on working with our clients to provide education and on-going learning, we have even created a repository of useful how-to guides and best practice articles. They can be reached here:
- Quick tech support with 611 dials.
- Telephone backup and DSR becomes simple with ShoreTel Sky.
- Setting up new offices is very simple.
- Configurating telephones and portal capabilitis are very easy to use.
- Mobile app is very handy and manageable.
- Better pricing
MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel) Review: "ShoreTel is worth a look for small to mid sized companies with advanced needs"
- The Communicator desktop software makes common tasks easy.
- The system is fairly stable and phone calls don't have any issues.
- The call center software meets all of the company's needs.
- Their cloud offering seems very overpriced, but would otherwise be a good option.
- The system administration tools could be easier to use.
MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel): "Extensive ShoreTel Review: Why ShoreTel is the VOIP PBX Company for the SMB Marketplace"
- Excellent voice quality
- Help/support directly from the phone for all users (unlimited)
- Simple to make adds/moves/changes to users on system as well as setting up permissions for who can do what
- more integrations
- ability to add wireless phones to cloud system with functionality
- better conference phone made by shoretel
- Technology - Allows rental of Cisco phones
- Find me follow me feature
- Customer Service - Process is lengthy and the "cases" seem repetitive and time consuming for the ShoreTel rep
- Support response time - sometimes it takes WEEKS to get a response to a simple question
- Fees - they now nickel and dime every account for every transaction
- Integrity - they over billed us on 2 separate occasions for hardware that we had sent back. We were told we would not get full credit because it was our responsibility to report it sooner
MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel)
ShoreTel was acquired by Mitel in 2017; according to Mitel, they will continue to offer and support ShoreTel products, now under the name MiCloud Connect.
MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel) Screenshots
MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel) Competitors
MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel) Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|