Reviews (1-25 of 61)
- The admin portal is easy to use and manage users.
- Deployment of new users is easy.
- The cloud solution makes it easy to deploy in new offices or for at-home employees.
- The user interface of the product is intuitive and easy to use.
- The mobile app continually has issues operating as it is supposed to.
- There is no "native" video conferencing solution.
- The web conferencing solution has lag issues occasionally. It doesn't seem to be as stable as other solutions.
- For whatever reason, the softphone on desktop struggles when using headsets instead of the computer's natively built in mic and speakers.
Aug 2019 Update: We are still leveraging our Cisco 79XX series phones and have the same great functionality with Mitel. The platform has been updated a bit but as Administrators we have the same controls we did before. We will begin to visit the new offerings that Mitel will push out but for now we remain stable. The options I mentioned above are all still in place and our Phone Assistant still remains strong. I along with a number of users have a Cisco device at home and at work. We all can log on both back and forth from the office and home with no issue.
- Call quality is very good. Dedicated circuit for QoS is helpful. Even leveraging the Mitel Cloud service over our own ISP has been problem free. The disadvantage to that is the owned and operated router from Mitel where they control more connectivity issues and troubleshoot them as well.
- Support is also very good. Receive US based support staff when calling in. Issues resolved quickly.
- They are continuously growing in support and service.
- Issue with fail over. Determination has to be made to fail-over to DR site. This could take an additional 45 mins to 1 hr. when decision is made. You can be down for some time already before they flip.
- As of Aug 2019 we have had much less issues in connectivity and fail-over. The Mitel platform appears to be stable.
- Looking for better choices of handsets/easier programming for off-net phones. After comparing a number of vendors we've not been able to compare the specific feature sets that Mitel provides.
Update moving them up a notch! Service and call clarity are really good.
- Four digit extension dialing between branches and being able to transfer calls between branches works great.
- Customer service is always very helpful with any problems.
- The Phone Assistant is very easy to use and has a lot of features.
- The Shoretel Mobility app for iPhone does not work very well and is not very intuitive in my experience.
- We have had many intermittent instances of employees reporting that call quality is bad, sounds like the caller is garbled and underwater.
- I deployed Shoretel Sky to eleven branches in four states over a 6 month period and experiences were not very consistent. Had issues with not enough power bricks being sent with the phones, some phones not having the the face sticker showing messages, directories, etc., user guides (quick start guides) not getting shipped with the phones at some branches, and phones being programmed incorrectly. This made it very difficult to plan my trips to train employees and install these at the various locations.
- Its ability to connect to other members in the office is seamless.
- Making interoffice and out-of-office transfers is very simple.
- Logging in and out for breaks (lunch, personal, and otherwise), is really just two button clicks.
- I wish it were easier to pull-up past calls in order to discern details shared in a conversation.
- Accessing voicemail from the ShoreTel communicator isn't exactly as clear as making calls and transfers.
- The labels in call history are a little bit confusing sometimes.
- The softphone is easy to use and works well
- Changing availability status is easy
- It pushes updates automatically and usually without issue
- Editing voicemail status is hidden in call routing and is overly complicated for most of our users' needs
- Outlook add-in is more of a burden than a help
- The mobile app version doesn't get hunt group calls
For replacing a deskphone with a softphone.
Enabling users to fix their holiday status after they left the office as they usually do..
- Quick tech support with 611 dials.
- Telephone backup and DSR becomes simple with ShoreTel Sky.
- Setting up new offices is very simple.
- Configurating telephones and portal capabilitis are very easy to use.
- Mobile app is very handy and manageable.
- Better pricing
- Without MiCloud, we would not have a proper system for handling the many customer calls that we get every hour. It is a great management system for that purpose.
- It is very easy to use. Simple navigation with easy to use features and not too much guesswork.
- Great handling for email distribution.
- Minor glitches from time to time. For instance, it does not always open automatically when I start my computer.
- Maybe some improvement with menu and information location. Fewer clicks to get to call history, for example.
- Instant Messaging system built into the ShoreTel Communicator that installs on the desktop, allows you to see call history, dial out, listen to voicemails, send IMs - all without added stress on Exchange Server.
- The handsets are intuitive for use, with plenty of programmable features.
- Server set up is simple, intuitive and easy to maintain over time.
- Over 6 years we had two issues that were resolved through ShoreTel's adding ability, the company is highly responsive to suggestions and critiques. At this time there are noticeable shortfalls in the tech or the software.
- ShoreTel has instant message capabilities that allow users to communicate without interruptions.
- ShoreTel has been around for years and the company is stable.
- It just works, we've had zero service interruptions that can be directly attributed to ShoreTel.
- The user interface looks like something straight out of the 90s.
- Setup is quick and painless
- Management of the phone system is web browser based
- Is the only phone system that we looked at that continued to run if the server went down
- Integrates with Microsoft Outlook
- Updates to the system are cumbersome.
- Better support for Bluetooth headsets would be nice
- Ease of phone management - easy to deploy; easy to relocate; and, easy to reassign extensions.
- Ease of overall system management - one pane of glass for all our switches, phones, users, call routing etc.
- Regular product updates and feature additions and/or refinements - listens to their customer base and provides clear upgrade paths.
- Encourages third-party enhancements and affords ease of integration to broaden the range of their already robust IP telephony solution.
- While very good reporting is offered via a third-party, it would be nice to have more report offerings baked in to the boxed solution.
- Adding and changing employees is very easy and only takes a minute.
- Setting up call flows is not too challenging. We have specific ring groups and settings.
- Moving the phone to different locations is a breeze, just needs a POE Ethernet connection.
- Call flow could be easier and more streamlined.
- The iphone app never worked for us. It should be reworked to copy the Cisco phones.
- The monthly expense for adding features adds up. If they included all the features, they would be fantastic.
- The Shoretel Communicator client is extremely convenient and efficient for our business needs. The Outlook synchronization works particularly well along with the quick dialer. Being able to type in a partial name or phone number and then click on a name to call a contact directly is very useful. It automatically adds all of my new contacts and their numbers, email, etc.
- Voice quality and QoS is excellent. We never have any issues of latency, dropped packets, static, etc. DSCP QoS tagging works out of the box as long as you enable it on your network.
- Shoreware Director, the administration portal is very user friendly, and doesn't require the end user to be very tech savvy. Everything in there is pretty self-explanatory.
- Creating users, changing numbers and extensions, MAC work are all very simple with minimum training.
- There are some minor issues with software bugs on new build releases.
- Quality control with the phones could be better. They have about a 3% failure rate in our experience, but the RMA process is quick and painless.
- Administration is a breeze. We are able to add extensions and users very quickly.
- We are able to assign phones quickly. Plug it into the network, and we are up and going within minutes.
- Love the softphone features with the desktop application. I can quickly look at voicemails and select the important ones without needing to weed through a bunch of non mission critical information.
- The admin panel does not work with browsers other than IE. I would love to see added browser support.
- We sometimes need to re-use extensions when people move departments. It would be lovely to have a feature to reset a user account VM quickly. Currently, we have to set the user to extension only and then back to extension and VM to have it reset.
- Mobility App - easy to use, great features
- Conferencing - setting a conference up is a breeze and the Outlook plugin makes it even easier
- Communicator - allows you to see all things telephony in one place
- Conferencing- Once I set a meeting for a certain time period, I cannot go and change it mid-stream. In other words, if I know we're going to run over the 45 minute allotted time, I cannot go change it to 1 hour in Outlook. I will still get cut off by the system.
- ShoreTel app for Android- every time I open it, it closes (and I get a message about this), and I have to open it again. I've reinstalled it several times, and it continues to do this.
- The system up-time has been 100% over 3 years.
- With separate systems and two locations we used to have to fake the system into 4 digit dialing by forwarding all remote extensions to DIDs. Now with Shortel extended to the remote location we have true 4 digit dialing.
- The Shortel desktop application makes managing calls and call routing a breeze for even our most novice users.
- The licensing structure can make the system more expensive than your traditional phone system.
- The admin interface does not work in the latest web browsers.
- Haven't seen a dedicated soft-phone app.
- ShoreTel Sky's customer support is among the best that I've seen while in the industry.
- Though I generally enjoy ShoreTel's Customer Support a few features that are supposed to work whenever we add a new user stopped working, and I constantly have to call to have support manually do it for me. I keep getting told that it is supposed to be automatic but they apparently can't figure this one out.
ShoreTel is our central communication tool. The ability to work in and out of the office on one centralized platform is invaluable. My favorite elements of the ShoreTel UC solution is the easy to use conference bridge that is simple to administer and aesthetically pleasing. One touch entry to conference rooms is awesome and I love how simple it is to share with others. I am also a huge fan of the overall look and feel of the desktop client and hardware. It makes our organization appear even more modern than we already are. I would recommend ShoreTel to any business owner looking to improve communications, enhance productivity, and/or improve the appearance of their organization.
As a company that prides ourselves on working with our clients to provide education and on-going learning, we have even created a repository of useful how-to guides and best practice articles. They can be reached here:
- The Communicator desktop software makes common tasks easy.
- The system is fairly stable and phone calls don't have any issues.
- The call center software meets all of the company's needs.
- Their cloud offering seems very overpriced, but would otherwise be a good option.
- The system administration tools could be easier to use.
- Excellent voice quality
- Help/support directly from the phone for all users (unlimited)
- Simple to make adds/moves/changes to users on system as well as setting up permissions for who can do what
- more integrations
- ability to add wireless phones to cloud system with functionality
- better conference phone made by shoretel
- Technology - Allows rental of Cisco phones
- Find me follow me feature
- Customer Service - Process is lengthy and the "cases" seem repetitive and time consuming for the ShoreTel rep
- Support response time - sometimes it takes WEEKS to get a response to a simple question
- Fees - they now nickel and dime every account for every transaction
- Integrity - they over billed us on 2 separate occasions for hardware that we had sent back. We were told we would not get full credit because it was our responsibility to report it sooner
MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel)
ShoreTel was acquired by Mitel in 2017; according to Mitel, they will continue to offer and support ShoreTel products, now under the name MiCloud Connect.
MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel) Screenshots
MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel) Competitors
MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel) Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|