Reviews (1-5 of 5)
In my organization, Micro Focus PPM is used by Project Managers, Business/Technical Analysts, Test Engineers and Developers. Starting with a proposal from Business unit, Project Managers (if it concerns more people and units) or Business/Technical Analysts (if it concerns a small unit or group) use this tool as a central management platform. All documentations and KPIs are managed over this tool. All resources are attached to projects and kept track of timesheets. All deployments (change management) are managed/directed by this tool.
- Easy to manage tasks among project's stakeholders
- Satifying resource management capabilities
- Complete dashboard (fully customizable screens and integrations)
- sometimes it needs some walkthroughs over screens in order to achieve a task
- Unable to emphasize the important fields of pages (customization may result in messy screens)
- Old GUI style avoids the advantage of new technologies
Read this authenticated review
Micro Focus PPM is well suited if Business and/or Technical Units do not require too many customizations (or complex requirements) on provided screens. Customizations result in messy screens and sometimes those screens may not be working properly as intended. Some users may assume that the screens are very flexible likewise in-house developed screens but most of the time this may fake the Customization Team during the implementation of new screens by resulting not-functioning screens
We use Micro Focus PPM for Project Management and the Change Management processes. It has been used mainly by our IT Department and request entry is open to all organizations. It addresses Project Management, Portfolio Management, Time Management, and Change Management processes of the IT Department.
Read this authenticated review
For Project Management, Micro Focus PPM includes all most every feature you need. You can manage your projects using work plans, project health, resource assignments, actuals, and costs. Additionally, you can get required approvals with workflows like sponsor approval or CR approvals. However, at project costing we need to make customizations due to lack of several outsource costs on it.
March 02, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Micro Focus PPM (formerly HP PPM) is being used by the whole organization—across all IT silos, the technical support team, the software development team, and all executives. Micro Focus PPM is solving demand management of our company by using Workflow Management, Resource Management, Portfolio Management, and Program Management modules.
- Micro Focus PPM has itself approach to Project and Portfolio Management domain. It is perfectly solving our demand management problem and silos transparency problem of companies.
- Demand management is supported by its perfect visual and scalable workflow engine.
- Resource management requirements perfectly solved with PPM in project-based working teams.
- Portfolio Management and Program Management modules perfectly designed to manage all projects overall and easily.
- The workflow engine is perfect, but there is room for improvement. The Workflow engine script language is not capable enough. For example, if you want to call an RPC (Remote Call Procedure) you have to do it in a tricky way.
- Each rose has a thorn. In the Workflow engine, you can configure each field's visibility and obligation state in a form depend on the status of workflow steps. Even if your approval step has passed you can still see and edit fields in the form and can save your changes.
Read Celil ÇİYNEKLİ's full review
Micro Focus PPM (formerly HP PPM) is well suited for those that want to manage demands coming from businesses. Also, it is well suited for those that want to manage projects with programs and/or portfolios, who want to manage their resources (ROl, skills, assign tasks, timesheet) and financials (cost, revenue, profit, item by item) based on demands and projects.
April 03, 2017
Score 10 out of 10
HP Project and Portfolio (PPM) is being used to track all IT projects for the State of Oklahoma, all pre-construction projects for the Oklahoma Department of Transportation, for the workflow of many internal processes for the Office Of Management and Enterprise Services (invoicing, purchasing, position tracking, change management and internal billing). The tool aids the department in defining business processes and automating them.
- The dashboards and search capabilities allow for an enhanced end user experience, allowing them to customize their views and access to data.
- The automated workflow tool allows us to define and automate business processes across the organization.
- The Project tool allows us to track and monitor IT projects across the state.
- The Staffing Profile and Resource Management module could be easier to use and allow for more flexibility in determine resourcing leveling.
- The financial summary could be made more flexible if you were able to put notes on each financial summary line.
- Allowing for an easier interface from a financial module to the financial summary would allow for easier updating of the actuals.
Read Fonda Logston's full review
- Useful for high-end project tracking, workflow management and access to data through the dashboards and searching.
- Less suited for basic project management that many of our business customers need.
June 15, 2017
Score 3 out of 10
HP Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) is used by the entire organization in IT to manage projects from discovery to delivery. The entire project reports of all phases are generated from PPM. At the same time, time tracking also happens in PPM. This allows for budget tracking within the tool.
Read this authenticated review
For a big complex enterprise, the tool serves the purpose very well for IT project management. I do not recommend it to be used in a creative agency for their workflow and project management. I think IT organizations are used to clumsy tools and somehow figure a way out so it can work.
Micro Focus PPM Scorecard Summary
About Micro Focus PPM
Micro Focus offers Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) software via its acquisition of Hewlett Packard Enterprise applications, including the former HP PPM platform.
Categories: Project Portfolio Management
Micro Focus PPM Competitors
Micro Focus PPM Technical Details