Micro Focus PPM (formerly HP PPM) is being used by the whole organization—across all IT silos, the technical support team, the software development team, and all executives. Micro Focus PPM is solving demand management of our company by using Workflow Management, Resource Management, Portfolio Management, and Program Management modules.
- Micro Focus PPM has itself approach to Project and Portfolio Management domain. It is perfectly solving our demand management problem and silos transparency problem of companies.
- Demand management is supported by its perfect visual and scalable workflow engine.
- Resource management requirements perfectly solved with PPM in project-based working teams.
- Portfolio Management and Program Management modules perfectly designed to manage all projects overall and easily.
- The workflow engine is perfect, but there is room for improvement. The Workflow engine script language is not capable enough. For example, if you want to call an RPC (Remote Call Procedure) you have to do it in a tricky way.
- Each rose has a thorn. In the Workflow engine, you can configure each field's visibility and obligation state in a form depend on the status of workflow steps. Even if your approval step has passed you can still see and edit fields in the form and can save your changes.
Micro Focus PPM (formerly HP PPM) is well suited for those that want to manage demands coming from businesses. Also, it is well suited for those that want to manage projects with programs and/or portfolios, who want to manage their resources (ROl, skills, assign tasks, timesheet) and financials (cost, revenue, profit, item by item) based on demands and projects.