Reviews (1-4 of 4)
Our company is an IT service provider. Micro Focus Service Manager is being used by the whole organization, even by internal IT and external customers. Our company is using it for managing IT calls and activity records, tracking and managing the field, tracking customer's contracts and SLAs, and tracking customer's inventory. We are using ITIL processes and have ISO 20000 IT Service Management System Certificate. Micro Focus Service Manager is very compatible with ITIL and ISO 20000.
- Micro Focus Service Manager is very compatible with ITIL (IT governance best practices) and ISO 20000 ( IT Service Management System).
- Micro Focus Service Manager was formerly an HP brand. HP is the writer of the ITIL Service Operation Book. So, Micro Focus Service Manager is the best solution for incident management, problem management, request fulfillment, event management, and access management processes.
- Incident management & change management are connected with the Configuration management process. All of these three processes are related to contract management. So, you can manage your or your customer's inventory perfectly in a way that is compatible with the contract.
- Micro Focus Service Manager has many competitors in the service management area. Micro Focus Service Manager has to improve its cloud capabilities to be able to compete with competitors.
- Scripting is not easy and sometimes it can be annoying.
Read Celil ÇİYNEKLİ's full review
If you're looking for an ITIL compatible service manager tool, Micro Focus Service Manager is one of the best solutions for you. If you're looking to manage you or your customer's inventory in a way that is compatible with your contracts, Micro Focus Service Manager is one of the best solutions for you. Micro Focus Service Manager is a very flexible and scalable system.
We use HPE service manager for data analytics for tickets workflow management and lifecycle management.
Read Mike Zukerman's full review
To use for ITIL
May 10, 2016
Score 5 out of 10
HP Service Manager is used at Northwestern Mutual as a tool for the service desk, and "n-tiers" to document their work. It is used by the majority of the IT area to be able to resolve issues in the field and the home office. It addresses all technical issues addressed to us by the field including but not limited to: computer issues, computer setups, application issues, LAN/WAN issues, password support, etc.
- We have a web based version and it's nice logging into it from the web.
- It is nice that it has a favorites/dashboard where you can save your Knowledge Articles, open a new ticket, and access other shortcuts quickly.
- When you search Knowledge Articles, it is not like Google, and you need to learn how to search for what you need.
- It takes a very long time to close tickets in HPSM. Here are the steps to close a ticket. 1. Add notes. 2. Add KM 3. Click Resolve 4.Click Save 5.Click Close 6.Click Okay to Message (ticket has recently been modified) 7. Click Close.
- It's slow and sometimes crashes/freezes and you lose all the information you may have entered. I usually use notepad++ to gather all my notes and paste them into HPSM.
- When searching previous tickets the preview pane does not allow for sorting by date to have the most recent at the very top every time you pull up previous tickets. Sometimes there are pages and pages of previous tickets and you have to click and scroll to get what you need.
- I click on search KMs and it takes me to a blank page and I have to click the back button which then brings me to the search KM page.
Read Sebastian Torres's full review
HP Service Manager (HPSM) is well suited for a big company and it does the job that it's intended to do but it's not perfect. It has a fairly large learning curve for searching Knowledge Management (KMs) and it takes time to learn how to be fast at creating/resolving tickets while on calls. I have been using HPSM for about 2 years now and we recently moved from the desk client to the web client and we are seeing a lot more issues than we did with the desk client. They keep coming out with updates for it so eventually most of our issues will hopefully be resolved. Overall the web experience is better as it looks more modern than what we used in the past.
HPSM is a very powerful tool out of all the ticketing tools I have used in all my 8 years of IT industry. It has lesser downtime when compared to others and is properly synced w.r.t [with regard to] CI's and stuff. The best part is that it has various sections like change, request, Incident and problem and a chance of adding others. I have supported even the infrastructure level of HPSM and feel that it is very easy to upgrade and very convienient for patching. We have 24*7 support from HPSM which is the wonderful part when compared to other tools and technologies. Catering user needs secially with the approvals is a cherry on the top. Really enjoyed and appreciated every moment I worked with HPSM
- Capacity management like maintaining CI's and their relations is good.
- Approvals with HPSM is a cake walk and quite logical.
- There is no wait for troubleshooting or help, HPSM tech help is always there.
- I find it as a wonderful tool, no improvements needs as of now w.r.t [with regard to] performance.
Read this authenticated review
I would definitely recommend HPSM after working with various other ticketing tools, as it supports and provides the best value and user friendly and quite adaptive to the modern technology mainly the SMS feature, where users were notified for any issues when there are tickets raised. Upgrades and the support provided by the HPSM tech staff is commendable.
Micro Focus Service Manager Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Micro Focus Service Manager
Micro Focus Service Manager, HPE Service Manager before the 2017 merger, is an IT service management software platform and option for entities seeking IT service desk software.
Categories: IT Service Management (ITSM)
Micro Focus Service Manager Integrations
Micro Focus Service Manager Technical Details