Formerly Office 365

M365 Product Review

December 16, 2021
We utilize M365 across our entire organization in a hybrid environment. We chose M365 initially for the licensing structure and cost …

24/7 - 365

November 30, 2021
Microsoft 365 is used by all employees on a daily basis for everyday stuff. We all have Outlook emails, share files with OneDrive and …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Relationship 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Value 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Feature Set 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Microsoft 365, and make your voice heard!

Business Basic

Per User Per Month

Individual

*Per Month

Business - Apps

Per User Per Month

What is Microsoft 365?

Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) is more than just Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. It provides business-class email, online storage, and teamwork solutions that users can access from anywhere.

The vendor says key benefits include:
  • Bring teams and resources together with solutions like Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business that make working together more productive and enjoyable regardless of where participants are located.
  • Easily implement security and privacy controls to help protect business data and devices against malicious threats and help you meet your compliance obligations.
  • Automatic updates ensure your employees will always have the latest features and security updates.

Microsoft 365 Competitors

Microsoft 365 Technical Details

What is Microsoft 365?

Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) is a Microsoft Cloud subscription service that includes Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access). The software can be installed across multiple devices and ensures that users always have the most up-to-date version of the included Office applications.

What are Microsoft 365's top competitors?

Google Workspace are common alternatives for Microsoft 365.

What is Microsoft 365's best feature?

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 8.9.

Who uses Microsoft 365?

The most common users of Microsoft 365 are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

I [did] not compare any other kinds of productivity software for this workplace. Where I work came with it as my only option to use and has been the same since I've been here. [I] [do] use Apple Keynote, Pages, [and] Sheets extensively elsewhere. [I] [have] also loved the ability to upload a file into Dropbox and then use Microsoft online to edit there.
Google Sheets is better for sharing and collaborative editing. Versioning of the same file is also one of Google Sheets strong points.
Microsoft 365 is better for working with local files. It is much easier to store the file in multiple places and backup multiple versions in multiple places.
LibreOffice is free but the usage is much counter intuitive than Microsoft Office. OpenOffice is worse when it comes to UI.
Microsoft Excel's performance with larger files is much better. When opening huge files, excel loads it asynchronously and I can start working right away.
Microsoft has serious usability issues compared to Google products. Interfaces are cluttered, unintuitive and not easy to use. Compared to the offline version of the office products, 365 online truly disappoints.
I used to like Google more than Microsoft because I used it more, but now I think they are very similar. I am able to use both on my phone, both have Clouds, and both have synced calendars, documents, and sheets. The reason I use Microsoft is [that] my company uses it, and I had no impact on that decision. However, since my time at this company, I have grown to love Microsoft and how easy it makes simple day-to-day tasks. Again, since we now work from home a lot, Microsoft makes work much easier. I think Google does, as well, but now that I am [using] Microsoft every single day, I have learned more tricks and tips, making me value Microsoft and Google equally.
Google Sheets, doesn't give me the same flexibility that Excel does. I have been frustrated when trying to work in Sheets to build complex spreadsheets. It is easier to manipulate and the spreadsheet can still be shared with a team member when cooperation needs to be had in that document.
Aurpa Fiza | TrustRadius Reviewer
Compared to Docs & Sheets, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Sheets offer more functionality. Notepad is almost always pre-installed on Microsoft Word-enabled computers. This alternative to Microsoft Word isn't as robust, but it's free. Microsoft Publisher is incompatible with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, or any other version of the Adobe Creative Suite. Microsoft 365 is a mashup of numerous well-known programs. We haven't tried any other products because they have the same features or compatibility as our office products.
November 30, 2021

24/7 - 365

I was not in charge of choosing Microsoft 365, but I have used Google Drive extensively in the past. Google Drive and OneDrive are VERY similar. you can hook them up to your file explorer and share links, auto-sync files, and access them on your mobile/tablet, etc. Google Docs and Word are pretty similar too. I think one thing that sets Microsoft apart is the SharePoint + Teams combo. Our team works from home a lot and we all can access live files such as Word documents that need to be coordinated with other team members. Having all of the software that you touch on a daily basis speak nicely to each other just makes sense. While you can achieve the live shared documents in Google Drive the way Sharepoint associates them to your "Team" and how they are at your fingertips is amazing, I can't imagine working another way now.
Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) and Google Drive have a very similar structure. Both have apps that can provide the same performance. For example, Google Docs and Microsoft Word are alike. Likewise, Google Sheets and Excel, Google Meet and Teams, Google Slide and PowerPoint, and Gmail and Outlook perform almost the same and have the same functions. The one difference is that Google has a system to automatically save your work on each application. For most Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) products, you may have to manually save a project. Google also allows you to save certain documents into other forms. For example, Google Docs allows you to download a document as a PDF, Word Doc, etc. I really like that versatility.
November 24, 2021

Industry Standard

Microsoft Office 365 is definitely the industry leader when it comes to having a suite of basic tools to create, collaborate and share within and outside of your organization. It’s also very valuable since so many other companies use it as the skills for employees are transferred upon hiring and makes the workforce more efficient.
I have apple products at home and they work well for what we use them for but the problem is not all products work with Mac products. My main design software will export file formats that are 100% compatible with Microsoft but not Mac. This plays a huge role in deciding what equipment and software we purchase.
Afia Tamanna | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft 365 is far superior to Google Sheets in terms of functionality and ease of use. Google Workspace facilitates document sharing. [Microsoft] 365, on the other hand, is more powerful in terms of the functions it supports, such as Excel and Power BI. Though Microsoft 365 falls short of my expectations in terms of software. But it is an ideal solution due to its well-known office suite and excellent Windows OS integration.
  • Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)
Microsoft 365 has very good security features and is one of the reliable product when it comes to security. It is very user friendly which makes it a popular choice amongst all users. Its frequently enhanced versions with new features added each time makes it a hot product in the market. Using Microsoft 365 is an experience in itself and would be definitely recommended to everyone.
  • Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)
Personally I would prefer Google Workspace because it integrates better with the Android based tools that I already use. I also like how Google's Docs, Sheets, and Slides online functionality is their focus rather than an addon to get to the cloud. Google Workspace's sharing capabilities are much easier to manage. But Google Drive is a mess to organize. I'm sure that Microsoft Teams blows Google out of the water, but my organization hasn't implemented that feature yet!
Joshua Granberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
Both Google and Dropbox have programs for creating content. They can get the job done but there is a reason Microsft 365 is an industry standard. You can pull together a bunch of different apps and try to get them to communicate together if you want. But it will be a headache. You might as well spend the time it takes to understand how the Microsoft 365 suite works and just stick to it.