Centralized Management (6)

9.6

Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) (6)

9.6

Anti-Exploit Technology (6)

Infection Remediation (6)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (formerly Microsoft Defender ATP), and make your voice heard!

Academic

On Premise
per user/per month

Standalone

On Premise
per user/per month

Endpoint Security

9.5

What is Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (formerly Microsoft Defender ATP)?

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (formerly Microsoft Defender ATP) is a holistic, cloud delivered endpoint security solution that includes risk-based vulnerability management and assessment, attack surface reduction, behavioral based and cloud-powered next generation protection, endpoint detection and response (EDR), automatic investigation and remediation, managed hunting services, rich APIs, and unified security management.

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (formerly Microsoft Defender ATP) Video

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (formerly Microsoft Defender ATP) Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows

Compare with

What is Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (formerly Microsoft Defender ATP)?

What is Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (formerly Microsoft Defender ATP)'s best feature?

Reviewers rate Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) and Centralized Management and Vulnerability Management highest, with a score of 9.6.

Who uses Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (formerly Microsoft Defender ATP)?

The most common users of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (formerly Microsoft Defender ATP) are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

My company utilizes Defender for Endpoint across all end point devices, including Windows and Linux servers. For me, Defender's capabilities are above any other AV tool I previously used. Some of the main benefits for us are:
  • Cloud Console
  • Cloud based updates
  • Live protection
Additionally, we use the EDR capability extensively. It has made life easer for our SOC team.
Joe Aldeguer | TrustRadius Reviewer
MDE is Microsoft's latest cybersecurity tool which takes a holistic approach to protect my organization from known and zero-day threats. I love the fact that I don't need to stitch together a diverse solution to increase my organization's security posture. I only have to use one login to manage my dashboard. MDE is compatible with all endpoints in my organization. I have macOS, iOS, Windows server, Windows 10, and Ubuntu Linux on-boarded. It is an EDR, XDR that is mapped against the MITRE ATT&CK framework.
We use Microsoft Defender ATP to get visibility into systems, as well as provide antivirus protection for our Microsoft 365 resources. We currently have it set up for just our IT department and a select few users as we consider transitioning our entire organization away from our current, more traditional Antivirus to something like ATP.
Microsoft Defender is being used across our organization by all the departments. The major reason why we are using the software is, of course, data protection. In this day and age, when data has become such a valuable asset, one needs to keep their data safe from hackers or rival companies.
We use MS Defender ATP on all of our systems. It uses low resources compared to other AV providers and full integration into Windows OS. You don't experience the breakage that happens when you have a 3rd part AV providers when there are feature roll-up updates and hotfixes issued by Microsoft. Also is MS ATP is competitive compared to 3rd part AV providers.
This is the main threat protection software being used all across the University. It is used to monitor threats/viruses/malware, etc. that occur on users machines. It is pre-configured on all computers that connect to the network. This ensures that users don't really need to worry about installing threat protection software on their individual computers, or worry about configuring settings.

It address the business problem of helping to protect every computer that connects to the network, or that connects to the domain. All policies/settings get pushed down to the clients that are installed on the individual machines. There doesn't need to be user interaction to get this done
Danilo Soares Peres | TrustRadius Reviewer
Windows Defender is used in my company on all of our computers to protect against virus and intruders. All computers use the Windows 7 or Windows 10 operating system and so Defender has a good integration on these computers. So it is one of the main defenses of my company against hackers and other things.