Microsoft Office 2016 is the familiar suite of Office products including applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for use on a single PC or Mac. The Office 2016 package is a one-time purchase. The applications are not automatically updated; to get the latest version, you must purchase Office again when the new version becomes available.MS Office for EVERY officeMy company currently uses MS Office 2016 in select departments. Currently, all accounting and accounts payable employees use this version exclusively. We have found this to be beneficial for performing various functions on a daily basis, including the creation and manipulation of Excel spreadsheets, MS Outlook email, and calendars, creating PowerPoint presentations and Word documents. We use Excel frequently as this program allows us to perform numerous functions, including formulas, pivot tables, macros and v-lookups that we need in our daily invoice entries, journal entries and our weekly and monthly reports.,Excel pivot tables: We have to use these daily to allocate expenses charged on one invoice across 23 different companies. The speed and accuracy of this function is excellent in MS Excel 2016, calculating every line completely accurately. Outlook calendar: I love that we are able to create numerous calendars that can be shared with select users. I have a part-time employee who is on a flexible schedule and she and I can update her daily schedule and share it with my supervisor so everyone knows when and where this employee will be on a daily basis. Outlook calendar/meeting creation: This function in Outlook is wonderful and easy to use. I am able to schedule a meeting, select participants, select meeting area and give details regarding purpose and am able to attach necessary documents pertaining to the meeting.,MS Word: I don't like the factory defaults created my Microsoft. I've spent a good amount of time "fine tuning" everything from spacing, margins, tabs and bullet points. Ideally the program should easily allow the user to reset and save these default preferences, but I have yet to discover a way to do this. MS Word: I am not a fan of the offered templates. They tend to be confusing and are not easy to modify. MS Outlook: Searching within the program for a particular topic or name results in a very large return, especially if the search item is vague or incomplete. It would be nice if this program easily allowed a "wild card" search or allowed for multiple definers in the search bar.,9,We are able to produce highly usable reports for our Executive team and investors allowing them to easily view our expenses and revenue. We are able to create beautiful, clear and easily understandable presentations for a varied audience allowing the company to showcase presentations that are memorable and entertaining. We are able to easily identify and eliminate SPAM and junk email, greatly reducing the probability of malicious attacks and harmful intent.,,5Office 2016 Is Just FineWe use Office 2016 across the entire organization. We are able to have all people trained on the same tool, making our training and implementation of business software streamlined and this eliminates the issue of how to convert/integrate different files/systems. It also provides ease of use due to the consistency of the functions/features across the products.,The only new feature that we use that I am aware of is One Note sharing. One Note has really increased in popularity, and this is a good feature. For Office in general, the ability to integrate so many software products with Outlook has also been a big benefit.,I find the recover files aspect to be very confusing. It is difficult to know whether you want to recover a file or not. Perhaps they could do something to highlight the differences. With Office 2016 there seem to be times that I go to a folder to save, and end up overwriting a whole different document/file. This has happened a number of times, and I believe it occurs when you are changing folders, and for some reason, it defaults you into an existing file.,9,The cost of the software is high but is counterbalanced by being universal, as most employees are familiar with it upon hire. The ability to have people already familiar with hiring, plus one set of training courses, enables us to focus on our business objectives instead of learning to use tools.,8,ZenHub, SlackComplete and powerful office suiteMicrosoft Office 2016 was being used by our entire organization. It is a complete suite for business, it includes several tools for financial planning, financial analysis, presentations, writing texts, scheduling meetings, scheduling appointments, sending and receiving emails. It offers all of this using its tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and Teams.,All in one office solution. Gives you everything you need in one single suite. Excel is a powerful tool for finance analysis and spreadsheet automation. Communicating via e-mail and scheduling meeting with Outlook is really easy. With Microsoft PowerPoint you can make your own presentations.,Microsoft PowerPoint could have a wider variety of pre-made presentations. When using Excel/VBA programming you need to be a power user. You need expertise. Sometimes Excel can be annoying, sometimes it crashes out of the blue.,9,Enhanced decision making. With VBA you can automate a wide variety of repetitive processes, making them really fast. Quick meeting scheduling.,Microsoft Office 365,Microsoft 365 Business, Microsoft TeamsCouldn't do without it!Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and to some extent, Publisher are used on a daily basis at our school by the vast majority of the staff members (teachers and secretaries). Study guides, summaries, worksheets etc are made using Word, slideshow presentations on various topics are made on powerpoint, exam marks are captured and collated using excel and the "Mailings" function in Publisher is used to import these marks into professionally made reports.,Easy to use - There is also a lot of instructional material on the web that can be found to further assist. The programs are extremely functional and there are so many different functions available. Almost anything can be done.,None - I am very happy with Microsoft Office.,8,Staff can now create documents that are professional in appearance. Excel means that the collation of marks and test scores can now be done quickly and easily - saving a lot of time and stress for the teachers. Pupils are able to use Excel to help them with mathematical concepts (formulas and graph making).,,6,Adobe Acrobat DC, Google Classroom, Dropbox, SkypeIt's Your All-In-One Office SolutionMicrosoft Office is probably some of the most used software on the planet. I remember I started using it back when I was in high school. So, what makes it so great? Or better yet, why should you use it? Well, there are so many reasons why. For one, Microsoft Office Suite is feature-packed with necessary office tools. With it, you can create, edit, and save Word documents, Excel sheets, PowerPoint presentations, notes, projects, publications, access databases and so much more. It's simply all the best office programs wrapped into one. At some point, everyone has used - or will use - a Microsoft office program file. It's not too late to start using this impressive suite.,It's endowed with tons of features and functionalities. The Office Suite programs all come with a user-friendly and easy-to-understand interface. It supports multiple file formats. Microsoft office offers all the necessary tools to fully customize a file to meet your or your company's preferences and needs. It has tons of beautiful and relevant templates that are free to use. Customer support is great.,The Microsoft Office 2016 Suite isn't lightweight and may not be ideal for anyone using a device with low RAM memory. Sometimes the frequent updates can be annoying. Buying the whole Suite doesn't necessarily mean that you'll use all the programs in it. And that seems to be a bit of a waste since you are paying for all the programs. Microsoft Outlook needs a lot of work in order to compete with other mailing applications on the market.,8,The amount of work you can do using Microsoft Office 2016 is well worth its price. I've been using it for quite some time and can sincerely say that it offers me and my company great value for our money.,,G Suite, Adobe Acrobat DCMicrosoft Office offers plenty of workplace solutionsMicrosoft Office 2016 is used across the whole organization. The business problems it addresses are organization, document creating and reporting. We use every program all day for its multi-use tools.,Updates regularly Easy to use Compatible with all devices (Apple + PC) Programs are taught in school so many people know how to use it,Mobile friendly format for quick guides Updates are expensive Support is okay, but not the best from personal experience,9,Many skilled people use the tools The organization has been a huge help with Excel and OneNote,,8,OneNote, Microsoft Exchange, Adobe Acrobat DCOffice 2016 -- Simply the Best Office Suite on the MarketMicrosoft Office 2016 is used across the organization. The primary applications used in the Microsoft Office suite are Outlook, Word, and Excel. Outlook is the client application used to connect to our Exchange server and for the following abilities: communicating via email; maintaining user contact information; managing personal and departmental calendars; booking of resources including conference rooms; and keeping track of tasks.,OneNote in Office 2016 allows you to store notebooks locally and is an invaluable resource for keeping track of individual tasks and for collaborating across departments and the org. Excel is still Office's workhorse application. There is some improved interaction with PowerPivot. Outlook provides a good, central interface for managing email communication and calendars.,It is difficult for users to initiate a separate instance of Excel, which is important when someone wants to open two files with the same name or when a file might crash Excel. The method for opening a separate instance is difficult to remember (right-click and select Excel 2016 while holding down Alt+X). PowerPivot integration is improved, but most users still don't know how to leverage it to their benefit. Excel 2016 lacks the new XLOOKUP function.,10,Microsoft Office is the central collaboration tool for our organization. Microsoft Office improves our ability to work together by providing a common platform. Microsoft Office flattens the learning curve by providing a similar user experience across a variety of applications--Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, etc.,G Suite and Apache OpenOffice,8,Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio Code, SQL Server Integration ServicesOffice 2016 is unrivaled, even unrivaled by MS Online.MS Office 2016 is a great tool. Unrivaled by its power, it is complemented nicely by Office Online tools.,Word Processing Spreadsheets Databases,Publisher, why is it not being developed like the other office tools?,9,No enterprise environment could be without Office.,LibreOffice,10Best Productivity ToolMicrosoft Office 2016 is a well known service. Almost every organization is using those applications that is provided by Microsoft Office. I also personally and organizationally use Microsoft Office products. Basically we are using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point Software which are the main product/applications of Microsoft Office 2016. All the documents that are stored for future that are documented by Microsoft Word. In presentations and press meetings we are use Microsoft Power Point for making slides. Every department of my organization regularly uses Microsoft Office. Lastly I want to say that an organization is incomplete without Microsoft Office and it is most necessary for every company.,Microsoft Word: Best for composing and formatting any kinds of documents. There are so many advanced features in Microsoft word that's really helpful. Formatting - in general, easier on MS Word plus have a lot more options than other software (everything from table of contents, styling, cover pages, page numbering etc. are much more feature rich and capable than other software). Microsoft Excel: I think this is the best software from Microsoft Office 2016. I love using MS Excel. I use it for very simple to very complex things, but it is not a database. This software contains multiple worksheets and this can link between in same file or other files. It can perform great calculations. Microsoft PowerPoint : If you want to make a formal presentation, one of the best supportive tools you can use to create visuals for those attending is Microsoft PowerPoint. It can be found in Microsoft Office 2016 for both personal and business use.,There should be more purchase choices available for Microsoft Office 2016. If new types of charts are updated into Microsoft Excel then it would be more helpful for its users. Microsoft Outlook is a bit confusing to set up and use because of its numerous options.,9,Perhaps the biggest benefit that more recent versions of Office and the Office 365 platform usher in for business users has to do with how it embraces the cloud-based world in which we now live. Data created and stored online, Office is now accessible from any computer on the planet with an active Internet connection. This allows employees to be just as productive at home (or in an airport lounge, or in a local coffee shop) as they could be if they were sitting in front of a computer in their office. Along the same lines, another massive benefit of Microsoft Office for business has to do with the way it allows its users to embrace mobile computing. As most of the modern day smartphones that millions of people carry around with them are literally more powerful than the shuttles that sent men to the moon in the 1960s, it makes sense that a solution would come along to allow them to leverage that power to their advantage. Microsoft Office lets users create documents from any device, anywhere, with no exceptions. Modern day versions of Microsoft Office also unlock the power of collaboration at the business level. It offers a wide range of different tools that make it easy for multiple employees to all work on the same files from separate computers. Office 365 also includes calendaring, contacts, online meeting and other functionality designed to make it easier than ever to collaborate with people OUTSIDE a business as well. A business user and their own client can remotely collaborate on the same files at the same time, making it easier to meet demands and exceed expectations across the board. If your business has a lot of data. To the point where it can become difficult to deal with and cope. Microsoft can take the burden off by helping to manage the security aspects. However, some businesses might not be comfortable with this as understandably, they’d want their data controlled by their own employees rather than surrendering it to an external company. Microsoft have strict safety and management regulations in place to help protect your information, as well as the security features. However, these regulations may interfere with your business’s daily activities (for example, preventing particular types of files from being imported). If that is the case, certain Office 365 plans, such as the Enterprise plan, allow you to control your own data.,G Suite,G Suite, Zoho Projects, Zoho ReportsSame as it ever wasMicrosoft Word is used by me and several of my team members daily. It goes without saying that Microsoft Word is an effective and simple word processing software that helps us create and edit documents as needed. Using Microsoft Word is almost as natural as walking as it is the platform that most of us were raised using as kids.,Customization - I am able to make my documents and text look exactly how I want them to Compatibility - I can access Microsoft Word almost anywhere and I can save documents however I need to,Too many options - There are so many features and settings it can be difficult to find what you want,9,It has made much of my work possible. It would be impossible to quantify the impact, but I could not do my job without it.Microsoft Office 2016 to Infinity & BeyondWe are currently using Excel 2016 to track and evaluate weekly project performance through the collection of performance data and evaluating the data through the compilation of metrics and charts/graphs. We use Power Query for the engagement of different sets of data and to automate the updating of the performance metrics and graphs.Word is used to create/distribute processes and procedures. PowerPoint is used to create meeting briefs and of course Outlook for day to day communications and then I personally use OneNote for the compilation of general notes and information. We are currently migrating to O365 where we hope to tap into the many collaborative features that come with O365 and the SharePoint environment.,Power Query (now known as "Get & Transform" under the Data tab in Excel 2016) and Power Pivot greatly enhance data engagement and removes many of the limitations previously found in Excel regarding the size of data the user could engage with. The interfaces in both Power Query and Power Pivot are really intuitive and one could find themselves quickly putting together data automation with little to no coding knowledge. If you haven't heard of Power Query (like the many people that say Excel is obsolete) please YouTube it...It's great!!!! The addition of the Power Query add-in makes Excel a real game changer. I'm really appreciating the direction I see Microsoft heading with their latest product offerings. It's more team-centric with focus placed on collaborating with multiple stakeholders. Especially when you find yourself in the cloud and working with O365. Portability, I enjoy being able to engage my files regardless the platform I may find my self on; tablet, pc, laptop or smartphone. The wealth of free training material available from Microsoft is a big plus. I've never found myself engaging an issue where the answer wasn't just a web search away.,I would like to see Power BI desktop to be made a part of the Office Suite.,10,So far the introduction of Office 2016 has been positive with additional opportunities for the product to be further leveraged in other business areas.,Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Project Server, MS SharePoint, PowerApps,8000Microsoft Office Just Works, So I Can Just WorkI use Microsoft Office 2016 for composition, everything from blog posts and web articles to ebooks and print materials. I use Access to keep track of clients, projects, and payments. I use Excel for data analysis. I use PowerPoint for occasional slideshow presentations. Previously, I was using free alternatives, which I found to be less than stable and sometimes incompatible with my clients' needs. Microsoft Office 2016 is a solid product with exceptional documentation and support communities.,Microsoft Office 2016 is exceptionally stable, which means I'm not fighting with updates and incompatible programs. Office documents are universally-accepted around the world, and converters and emulators just don't do the job quite right. Office runs offline, which means I don't have to worry about connectivity issues working with an online-only program. Office (Excel and Word) works on Android, so I can review and edit documents on the go.,The subscription model is kinda disappointing, but everyone seems to be doing it, so I guess I can't complain.,8,Alternatives often had me wasting time looking for solutions or learning things again. Office minimizes wasted time. Subscription model means Office is always updated, so I don't have to shop for software packages every year or every version. Universal compatibility had eliminated previous problems I had with clients' documents and presentations. Great community and tech support for when I can't figure things out on my own.,Apache OpenOffice and Google Drive,Google Drive, Todoist, Toggl, QuickBooks Self-Employed, Skype, Slack, UberConference, Upwork, WixOffice is the best tool for any business.Microsoft Office is used all across the organization in every department. Human resources uses Excel to create databases of personnel of the company and of resumes received; Word to write memorandums and notifications and Powerpoint to present indicators to the CEO. In engineering, we use Excel mostly for macro programming, automation of processes, and for mathematical calculations since it comes with several preprogrammed functions. We also use Microsoft Word to create documents for our clients and Powerpoint for visual representations.,Microsoft Excel is an excellent tool with all its pre-programmed tools and functions. Microsoft Words allows to create documents easily and it's the go-to tool for technical writing in engineering. Microsoft Powerpoint is really easy to master and creates excellent presentations, and since almost everybody uses Office all the presentations can be displayed at almost every computer. The ability to activate the developer option in almost all of Microsoft Office programs allows us to automate several of the tasks needed to do on a regular basis. The programs are really compatible. For example, creating different documents with Word by using Excel databases is really easy and consumes almost no time at all.,When automating processes with Microsoft Excel it sometimes need lots of processing power. If it was made somewhat lighter and the iterations faster it would be great. Powerpoint presentations can be a little bit rigid and the transitions could be smoother. Microsoft Word sometimes feels a little bit clunky, especially when working with titles and page breaks.,10,Almost all of the products required by our clients consist of Excel databases or programs, Word documents or Powerpoint presentations so it has allowed us to make great revenue. The fact that Office includes so many useful programs makes buying lots of software not needed. One could start a business just by having Microsoft Office.VBA is the Power Behind the Curtain in Microsoft OfficeMicrosoft Office is used across the company. It's everywhere.,VBA is the Power Behind the Curtain in Microsoft Office It’s fun to criticize Microsoft Office tools as complex and hard to control. Beginners are daunted by the feature set, and experienced users still find certain features to be perplexing. It’s true that in some cases, a special-purpose, non-Microsoft tool might better suit your needs. But think of Office as a huge toolset that is jammed with untapped features, and the more you know about them, the more you’ll appreciate and rely on them for sophisticated solutions. The most significant untapped feature of every Office app is the built-in, user-accessible programming language. It’s called VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). With a qualified programmer, VBA can manipulate the user interface features such as menus and toolbars, drive custom user forms and dialog boxes, import and export data to other Office and non-Office applications, and accomplish almost anything your brain can conceive. Just as it’s impossible to list everything that software can do, it’s impossible to list what VBA can do. Suffice to say that, if you see anyone at work perform the same task more than once, it’s worth investing in a VBA macro to perform that task for the rest of time. If you’re willing to invest in VBA macros, you’ll see that they create efficiencies that far outweigh or totally eliminate the frustration you may have had with an individual feature.,- -,10,An investment in VBA macros for Word, Excel, Access, or Powerpoint can automate a tedious or repetitive process. "Automated" implies the process is faster and more reliable than before.All about the OfficeIt is actually used throughout the Church for administrative duties but my outfit uses it to mainly project PowerPoint slides of songs and others during church service mostly. I use the other products as well a lot for your information: for reporting tasks, spreadsheet tasks, and so on. The Admin staff use it for their day to day activities like making weekly bulletins, and minutes preparation.,Presentations Spreadsheet tasks Documentations Browsing the Internet,Sometimes hang Sometimes hard to get help on a specific task you want accomplished There should be enhanced security of its browser,9,Speedy decision making because members are able to have the same report, easily read it and make input for final decisions. Streamlines activities and events.Why You should Choose Microsoft OfficeMicrosoft Office is used by corporate office personnel and select managers who operate remotely. We use the e-mail, Excel, Word & Powerpoint applications. This suite of applications addresses most of our needs and wants. Actually, I wish that other remote users within our company would make use of the applications.,Excel spreadsheets & charts. Powerful Powerpoint presentations for use by our sales personnel. e-mail which affords us the opportunity to communicate effectively, organize our correspondence.,Menu options for accessing specific features could be more easily located or arranged. Help menu could more powerful with more specific solutions. Customization could be easier.,9,Increased work productivity for our employees. We are getting as much work done today at corporate office with 5 employees as we did with 10 employees a number of years ago. Ability to prioritize communication with e-mail and get a response or read message is invaluable to minimizing duplication of effort and communication. No negative impact noted.,,Salesforce.com, ADP Workforce Now, QuickBooks Enterprise SolutionsMicrosoft Office is the best option FOR your office!Many of us use Microsoft Office 2016. All different departments of the company does. We use Excel for pricing workbooks, cabling workbooks, for reporting, etc. and for many other things. We use Microsoft Word for proposals, as well as PowerPoint if we want them to be a bit more flashy. It is very very useful, not one day goes by that we do not use it. It is very user-friendly, even the technicians can use it with no issues even if they aren't in the administrative department.,Very user-friendly, easy to use. In Microsoft Excel, you can use formulas to add up prices automatically, so you don't have to keep using a calculator- it automatically calculates it for you. In Microsoft PowerPoint, it is very easy to use and it can really make a presentation look amazing! I love all of the different options.,For Microsoft PowerPoint, I would like to see more themes added.,10,It has made many tasks a lot more easier. For example, it saves a lot of time. When you create a very large spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel, which contain a lot of data such as numbers, pricing, etc. you do not need to place everything in order- it can do it for you just from a click of a button. If you want your cells to be sorted from A-Z, or by date, it is extremely useful. Microsoft Outlook has been great for our company- it makes scheduling so much easier by using the calendar, very easy to schedule tasks, and the layout is very clean.,Google Drive,WordPress, Adobe Acrobat DC, QuickBooks Pro,No
Microsoft Office 2016
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>TRScore

Microsoft Office 2016 Reviews

Microsoft Office 2016

Do you work for this company?

Filter 855 vetted Microsoft Office 2016 reviews and ratings

Pamela Dalton profile photo
September 10, 2019

MS Office for EVERY office

• Excel pivot tables: We have to use these daily to allocate expenses charged on one invoice across 23 different companies. The speed and accuracy of this function is excellent in MS Excel 2016, calculating every line completely accurately.
  • Outlook calendar: I love that we are able to create numerous calendars that can be shared with select users. I have a part-time employee who is on a flexible schedule and she and I can update her daily schedule and share it with my supervisor so everyone knows when and where this employee will be on a daily basis.
  • Outlook calendar/meeting creation: This function in Outlook is wonderful and easy to use. I am able to schedule a meeting, select participants, select meeting area and give details regarding purpose and am able to attach necessary documents pertaining to the meeting.
  • MS Word: I don't like the factory defaults created my Microsoft. I've spent a good amount of time "fine tuning" everything from spacing, margins, tabs and bullet points. Ideally the program should easily allow the user to reset and save these default preferences, but I have yet to discover a way to do this.
  • MS Word: I am not a fan of the offered templates. They tend to be confusing and are not easy to modify.
  • MS Outlook: Searching within the program for a particular topic or name results in a very large return, especially if the search item is vague or incomplete. It would be nice if this program easily allowed a "wild card" search or allowed for multiple definers in the search bar.
This program is well suited for every office environment, large and small. There are numerous sub-programs that are necessary for most business departments and can be easily utilized with minimal skill. For highly defined presentations, reports or documents, the end-user would likely need greater training as some of the functions and modules are quite challenging and the online help menu is rather unaccommodating.
Read Pamela Dalton's full review
Amy Sternin profile photo
September 13, 2019

Office 2016 Is Just Fine

• The only new feature that we use that I am aware of is One Note sharing. One Note has really increased in popularity, and this is a good feature.
  • For Office in general, the ability to integrate so many software products with Outlook has also been a big benefit.
  • I find the recover files aspect to be very confusing. It is difficult to know whether you want to recover a file or not. Perhaps they could do something to highlight the differences.
  • With Office 2016 there seem to be times that I go to a folder to save, and end up overwriting a whole different document/file. This has happened a number of times, and I believe it occurs when you are changing folders, and for some reason, it defaults you into an existing file.
Office 2016 is necassary for collaboration and being consistent with files used by other companies, which would typically be from Office. The only scenerio i see where it would be less appropriate would be for a very small, 1 or 2 person business, or an individual that does not need to share files or collaborate.
Read Amy Sternin's full review
Adriano Rosa profile photo
  • All in one office solution. Gives you everything you need in one single suite.
  • Excel is a powerful tool for finance analysis and spreadsheet automation.
  • Communicating via e-mail and scheduling meeting with Outlook is really easy.
  • With Microsoft PowerPoint you can make your own presentations.
  • Microsoft PowerPoint could have a wider variety of pre-made presentations.
  • When using Excel/VBA programming you need to be a power user. You need expertise.
  • Sometimes Excel can be annoying, sometimes it crashes out of the blue.
Microsoft Office 2016 is well suited for every organization that needs communication via E-mail. Outlook is a powerful tool for scheduling appointments and sending/receiving e-mails. Furthermore, you have Microsoft Excel, a complete tool for spreadsheet making, financial analysis, and for me it is a very good automation tool, using VBA programming, I can do several actions on my spreadsheets by the click of a button. Also, if you need a report, Word is useful for it.
Read Adriano Rosa's full review
Wesley Renton profile photo
September 13, 2019

Couldn't do without it!

• Easy to use - There is also a lot of instructional material on the web that can be found to further assist.
  • The programs are extremely functional and there are so many different functions available. Almost anything can be done.
  • None - I am very happy with Microsoft Office.
Well Suited:
  • Getting students to either create a Word document (poster/letter/piece of writing/etc) is very easy using Word - knowing the basics can be taught very quickly.
  • Students are also able to quickly and easily grasp how to create their own slideshows to assist with presentations or orals.
  • Publisher is a tool that takes a little longer to grasp, but you are able to create amazing documents using it.
Read Wesley Renton's full review
Eric Omondi profile photo
So, what makes it so great? Or better yet, why should you use it?
  • It's endowed with tons of features and functionalities.
  • The Office Suite programs all come with a user-friendly and easy-to-understand interface.
  • It supports multiple file formats.
  • Microsoft office offers all the necessary tools to fully customize a file to meet your or your company's preferences and needs.
  • It has tons of beautiful and relevant templates that are free to use.
  • Customer support is great.
  • The Microsoft Office 2016 Suite isn't lightweight and may not be ideal for anyone using a device with low RAM memory.
  • Sometimes the frequent updates can be annoying.
  • Buying the whole Suite doesn't necessarily mean that you'll use all the programs in it. And that seems to be a bit of a waste since you are paying for all the programs.
  • Microsoft Outlook needs a lot of work in order to compete with other mailing applications on the market.
Simply put, Microsoft Office 2016 is well suited for school and office work. Students and office workers often use Microsoft Word to come up with office/research papers and documents, build interactive projects with databases, and use Excel to learn how to use spreadsheets in business. Any tasks that require typing, calculations, and presentations are a Microsoft Office 2016 type of task.
Read Eric Omondi's full review
  • Updates regularly
  • Compatible with all devices (Apple + PC)
  • Programs are taught in school so many people know how to use it
  • Mobile friendly format for quick guides
  • Updates are expensive
  • Support is okay, but not the best from personal experience
Microsoft Office is best used on my team in finance for accounting problem-solving. We like to use formulas in Excel to provide the answers in data that we allocate for our multiple entities. Word has been a staple to the office package, and we like the tools that keep getting added to create a professional look to our documents.

We don't need it for more database scenarios since we work in healthcare, and because of HIPPA, we use other programs to manage sensitive patient data.
  • OneNote in Office 2016 allows you to store notebooks locally and is an invaluable resource for keeping track of individual tasks and for collaborating across departments and the org.
  • Excel is still Office's workhorse application. There is some improved interaction with PowerPivot.
  • Outlook provides a good, central interface for managing email communication and calendars.
  • It is difficult for users to initiate a separate instance of Excel, which is important when someone wants to open two files with the same name or when a file might crash Excel. The method for opening a separate instance is difficult to remember (right-click and select Excel 2016 while holding down Alt+X).
  • PowerPivot integration is improved, but most users still don't know how to leverage it to their benefit.
  • Excel 2016 lacks the new XLOOKUP function.
It has been and is still the main application suite for software office tools--such as a word processor, electronic spreadsheet, and presentation builder--in a Microsoft Windows environment that is already utilizing Exchange server on the back-end.
  • Word Processing
  • Spreadsheets
  • Databases
  • Publisher, why is it not being developed like the other office tools?
MS Office is the gold standard for office productivity tools. There is no free (or other paid solution) that has the same power as these tools. Including Microsoft Online, there is no tool that works as well or as much as Office 2016.
ANISUL ISLAM VHASHA profile photo
October 30, 2018

Best Productivity Tool

• Microsoft Word: Best for composing and formatting any kinds of documents. There are so many advanced features in Microsoft word that's really helpful. Formatting - in general, easier on MS Word plus have a lot more options than other software (everything from table of contents, styling, cover pages, page numbering etc. are much more feature rich and capable than other software).
  • Microsoft Excel: I think this is the best software from Microsoft Office 2016. I love using MS Excel. I use it for very simple to very complex things, but it is not a database. This software contains multiple worksheets and this can link between in same file or other files. It can perform great calculations.
  • Microsoft PowerPoint : If you want to make a formal presentation, one of the best supportive tools you can use to create visuals for those attending is Microsoft PowerPoint. It can be found in Microsoft Office 2016 for both personal and business use.
  • There should be more purchase choices available for Microsoft Office 2016.
  • If new types of charts are updated into Microsoft Excel then it would be more helpful for its users.
  • Microsoft Outlook is a bit confusing to set up and use because of its numerous options.
Microsoft Office 2016 is well suited for Real-time co-authoring, simplified document sharing, capability to send large files using OneDrive and Skype integration. I don’t personally see any downside or disadvantage of Microsoft Office 2016, other than its high cost for a license. There are some small issues that are bothering me like data security, email archiving and eDiscovery, email quotas and limitations.
Read ANISUL ISLAM VHASHA's full review
November 24, 2018

Same as it ever was

• Customization - I am able to make my documents and text look exactly how I want them to
  • Compatibility - I can access Microsoft Word almost anywhere and I can save documents however I need to
  • Too many options - There are so many features and settings it can be difficult to find what you want
Microsoft Office is well suited for creating documents and spreadsheets for work, school, entertainment, and everything in between. There is no limit to what you can create with this platform. I cannot think of a scenario in which it would not be appropriate.
Jason Leidig profile photo

• Power Query (now known as "Get & Transform" under the Data tab in Excel 2016) and Power Pivot greatly enhance data engagement and removes many of the limitations previously found in Excel regarding the size of data the user could engage with. The interfaces in both Power Query and Power Pivot are really intuitive and one could find themselves quickly putting together data automation with little to no coding knowledge. If you haven't heard of Power Query (like the many people that say Excel is obsolete) please YouTube it...It's great!!!! The addition of the Power Query add-in makes Excel a real game changer.
  • I'm really appreciating the direction I see Microsoft heading with their latest product offerings. It's more team-centric with focus placed on collaborating with multiple stakeholders. Especially when you find yourself in the cloud and working with O365.
  • Portability, I enjoy being able to engage my files regardless the platform I may find my self on; tablet, pc, laptop or smartphone.
  • The wealth of free training material available from Microsoft is a big plus. I've never found myself engaging an issue where the answer wasn't just a web search away.
  • I would like to see Power BI desktop to be made a part of the Office Suite.
Microsoft Office 2016 provides a complete toolset that will meet the needs of most office environments. When paired with Microsoft's cloud services the product really goes a long way to empowering the end user/team to become more efficient and engaged with the day to day business operations.
Read Jason Leidig's full review
Benjamin E. Jerew profile photo
  • Microsoft Office 2016 is exceptionally stable, which means I'm not fighting with updates and incompatible programs.
  • Office documents are universally-accepted around the world, and converters and emulators just don't do the job quite right.
  • Office runs offline, which means I don't have to worry about connectivity issues working with an online-only program.
  • Office (Excel and Word) works on Android, so I can review and edit documents on the go.
  • The subscription model is kinda disappointing, but everyone seems to be doing it, so I guess I can't complain.
Honestly, Office seems to have everything covered, at least for what I use it for. Offices everywhere need it, from one-man-army to Fortune 500 companies. A home user on a personal computer might have less use for a paid Office subscription, though, because it's simply too powerful for writing the occasional letter or homework.
Read Benjamin E. Jerew's full review
Manuel Aguilar profile photo
  • Microsoft Excel is an excellent tool with all its pre-programmed tools and functions.
  • Microsoft Words allows to create documents easily and it's the go-to tool for technical writing in engineering.
  • Microsoft Powerpoint is really easy to master and creates excellent presentations, and since almost everybody uses Office all the presentations can be displayed at almost every computer.
  • The ability to activate the developer option in almost all of Microsoft Office programs allows us to automate several of the tasks needed to do on a regular basis.
  • The programs are really compatible. For example, creating different documents with Word by using Excel databases is really easy and consumes almost no time at all.
  • When automating processes with Microsoft Excel it sometimes need lots of processing power. If it was made somewhat lighter and the iterations faster it would be great.
  • Powerpoint presentations can be a little bit rigid and the transitions could be smoother.
  • Microsoft Word sometimes feels a little bit clunky, especially when working with titles and page breaks.
In spite of the small limitations I mention, Microsoft Office is the best tool for any business. Microsoft Excel alone works as a swiss army knife. It has so many options and functions that can make a simple spreadsheet work wonders. I can't seem to find any scenarios where it's less appropriate. Working as a developer with Excel is just great and having the ability to automate tedious repetitive work easily is the best.
Read Manuel Aguilar's full review
Microsoft Office is used across the company. It's everywhere.
  • VBA is the Power Behind the Curtain in Microsoft Office
  • It’s fun to criticize Microsoft Office tools as complex and hard to control. Beginners are daunted by the feature set, and experienced users still find certain features to be perplexing. It’s true that in some cases, a special-purpose, non-Microsoft tool might better suit your needs. But think of Office as a huge toolset that is jammed with untapped features, and the more you know about them, the more you’ll appreciate and rely on them for sophisticated solutions.
  • The most significant untapped feature of every Office app is the built-in, user-accessible programming language. It’s called VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). With a qualified programmer, VBA can manipulate the user interface features such as menus and toolbars, drive custom user forms and dialog boxes, import and export data to other Office and non-Office applications, and accomplish almost anything your brain can conceive.
  • Just as it’s impossible to list everything that software can do, it’s impossible to list what VBA can do. Suffice to say that, if you see anyone at work perform the same task more than once, it’s worth investing in a VBA macro to perform that task for the rest of time.
  • If you’re willing to invest in VBA macros, you’ll see that they create efficiencies that far outweigh or totally eliminate the frustration you may have had with an individual feature.
  • -

• Spreadsheet tasks
  • Documentations
  • Browsing the Internet
  • Sometimes hang
  • Sometimes hard to get help on a specific task you want accomplished
  • There should be enhanced security of its browser
If you want to make a presentation to a number of people, you shouldn't miss using ppt package for such tasks. I've the others and now Office 2016 and results have really paid out. It really simplifies things. Also for documentations, if you want to send out a report, Word comes in handy and you can add lots of features to your report to make it more appealing to read.
Read Richard Bemile's full review
John Bevilacqua profile photo
  • Excel spreadsheets & charts.
  • Powerful Powerpoint presentations for use by our sales personnel.
  • e-mail which affords us the opportunity to communicate effectively, organize our correspondence.
  • Menu options for accessing specific features could be more easily located or arranged.
  • Help menu could more powerful with more specific solutions.
  • Customization could be easier.
[Microsoft Office is well suited for] Budget preparation, Tracking expenses, effective and efficient communication; it is a necessary and very suitable suite of applications for any finance or accounting group. Sales personnel love the slide feature of PowerPoint for emphasis during a presentation to a customer or sales prospect. I do not see scenarios where the Office suite is not suitable for use.
Read John Bevilacqua's full review
  • Very user-friendly, easy to use.
  • In Microsoft Excel, you can use formulas to add up prices automatically, so you don't have to keep using a calculator- it automatically calculates it for you.
  • In Microsoft PowerPoint, it is very easy to use and it can really make a presentation look amazing! I love all of the different options.
  • For Microsoft PowerPoint, I would like to see more themes added.
Microsoft Office 2016 is well-suited for data entry, keeping track of reports, accounting, etc. Microsoft Word for example, is very user-friendly for typing up a letter, or creating a proposal. However, it may not be well-suited for those who are always on-the-go.

Microsoft Office 2016 Scorecard Summary