Office 365 is the subscription version of Microsoft Office and includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access (Publisher and Access are available on PC only). The software can be installed across multiple devices and ensures that users always have the most up-to-date version of the Office applications.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/6z/1d/1CU5UJTJ9TO6.PNGMicrosoft Office 365 will drive you to the Collaborative Private Cloud.We currently use Microsoft Office 365 in our company to assign and install Office 365 licenses for end user on their computers, tablets or corporate mobile devices, we run 100% the administration of our Microsoft Office 365 account by using the admin portal which give us the chance to renew access, reset passwords, add more tools like Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Project or Microsoft Visio, Microsoft takes the heat upon one of our issues software licenses, allowing us to track down the expenses.,You can work anywhere you want using your Office 365 credentials allowing you to use every single device that's available to login. If your working with teams this is the tool that will take your business into the collaborative environment of always be online for everyone, everywhere within your company. The security features allows to look after all over the flaws that your data leak protection system may skip like as mail encryption, data loss prevention using sensitives policies linked to your profile information, mobile device management allowing you to control the devices and protecting the company information. Office 365 is a subscription based service, so you can pay a low monthly fee for your user, and plan through the company growth the budget helping you from a cash flow perspective to optimize costs.,Microsoft Office 365 may get you in trouble if your internet service is down, since you may not be able to access your shared files, or if your internet connection is very slow, I don't recommend if you got to much of your data synced into Office 365 platform. Always make sure you check compatibility with critical applications before upgrading Office 365 (or Windows, or any other technology it may interact with), remember if your ERP systems or CRM systems requires 32 Bit apps instead of 64 Bit Office suites aim for the right option. Renewals and payment methods can turn into a headache, so remember to keep track of them and in time to time update the contact information to send the billing reports and check the expiration dates of your payment methods.,10,One huge positive impact is that Office 365 allows you to work from anywhere and remain with a decent security standard. The subscription based plan can allow to set monthly budgets or aim for annual projections to lower the expenses and optimize the cash flow during the initial payment. For those companies that has a large process to make payment or address automatic payment methods can be really stressful leading into unwanted work loads so be aware to set the right procedures to set the payments.,G Suite, Apache OpenOffice, LibreOffice and Microsoft Office 2016,G Suite, LibreOffice, Apache OpenOfficeHas its annoyances, but so ubiquitous you can't escape it.Office 365 subscriptions are provided by my medical school and are required software. Word and Powerpoint are regularly used for reading lecture packets, and OneNote is a favorite for annotating lecture slides. Outlook is the most common email program used, although some Mac users prefer to use Mac's mail function. The on-site IT staff are familiar w/ the software and are able to assist when problems arise.,It opens and edits the vast majority of file formats given to us for our education. It's widely used and relatively easy to learn if you've never been exposed to it before. The additional web accessibility is handy for getting some cloud-based documents and emails while away from my computer.,OneNote for Mac does not have all of the features OneNote for PC does, and it's patently absurd for said features to be missing. I'm unable to make templates, make custom tags, and there's no option for freehand drawing, should I elect to try using a Wacom style input. Use of the quite requires me to be signed in, and at least three times a year, Word or Outlook will decide that I'm no longer signed in, thus, I cannot continue to edit the documents I'm working on. This requires me to reboot my computer, not something I'm happy doing while trying to take notes during lecture. To continue the rant about a need for authentication, I can see no reason why, after the initial purchase/download, authentication and a sign-in would be needed if I'm not sending stuff to the cloud.,3,Positive: I've been able to write papers needed for educational advancement. No real negatives, it's just annoying to have to re-authenticate my subscription several times a year.,Apache OpenOffice and EvernoteLungs are to breathing as Microsoft Office is to ...My usage of Microsoft 365 is from a consultant perspective. I typically use two and sometimes three different desktop computer, laptop and/or tablets within one week depending on whether I am in a coffee shop networking, on a client's site or at my home office. The Microsoft cloud and my suite of Microsoft 365 products are accessible anytime and allow me to share my work with clients and peers as needed.,Synchronization of cloud and on-device storage makes working offline a breeze Office products Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook work seamlessly with Microsoft apps such as One Drive Upgrades and updates are automatic and can be scheduled or accepted. Big time saver versus one-time purchase such as Office 2016,I use process flowcharts frequently as a consultant. I have not found a useful Microsoft app to provide this capability that helps produce a professional result. Smart Art is quite limited. Screen capture is limited with tools such as "Snip". I'm forced to use third-party tools such as SnagIt. I use image capture every day to create training materials and reports. Creating documents with an Index and reference paragraphs I find difficult to use.,10,The seamless usage of Office tools in real-time in front of potential customers provides compelling confirmation of expertise and helps win business. The ROI is for my customers as I am able to provide rapid analysis and response remotely and on their site. Microsoft Office is to business productivity as lungs are to breathing,,NetSuite, Google Analytics, SnagitDon't use your time, use Microsoft's!Office 365 is being used by our entire organization for the base office products and for email. Some users and departments use some of the additional online features to better help with sharing and collaboration. Since switching to office 365 our updates and roll-outs have gone much smoother and complexity of the solution has gotten much easier to maintain.,Quick and Easy updates Easier back end management of users and licenses Infrastructure cost have gone down,Learning curve in going to the cloud Training users the email might be a little slower with the internet hop was initially troublesome but has since improved Online versions of products could use some improvement as users expect full functionality but isn't always there,9,Less Infrastructure costs Users can manage themselves more easily Quick and easy updates!,Adobe Acrobat DC, Apple iCloudBest desktop application suite for enterprisesOffice 365 is used by most departments in my organization. Outlook is the email client on our PCs. Word is used for most reports or casual text documents. Excel is used for preparing reports. It is also used for analyzing data extracted from various systems for analysis. PowerPoint is used for presentations of providing informal status updates to be shared in an online meeting. Skype for Business is used for IM.,PowerPoint is a great tool for making presentations. It not only has a wide variety of templates, it also allows you to practice your presentation by measuring the time you spend talking on each slide. AutoCorrect works great. A common database of corrections applies the corrections to all Office applications. In addition to correcting spellings, I also use it to store abbreviations I use for common words I frequently use in my communication. AutoCorrect automatically expands the abbreviations to the full words. Outlook has emerged as the de facto email client globally. Meeting invites work not only within the organization but also to people in other organizations because Outlook is very commonly used. The online versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are useful for viewing documents shared by others. You do not always have to use the desktop versions to view such documents. Sharing documents with Office 365 is excellent. You can share folders and documents within your organiation as well as outside your organization. When you share externally, you can generate a link from Office 365 that you can use in your email to the persons with whom you are sharing. When they access the document, they are prompted to enter a one-time password sent to their email address. This ensures that only the specific individuals you have shared the document with have access. This is one of the best access control features of Office 365.,In the cloud version of Office 365, the standard database of AutoCorrect works; however, you cannot add your custom entries to it. This drastically reduces its usefulness for routine work. I have had trouble a few times signing in with my organization's AD account. An error is returned. This has happened frequently in the past few weeks. I have had to delete a few registry entries, delete temporary files, and on one occasion, reinstall Office to resolve the issue.,9,Thanks to Skype for Business, our web conferences are smooth. Quality of voice is supreme. Sharing documents during meetings is very easy. Recording meetings is very easy.,Google Drive,Cornerstone OnDemand, Salesforce App Cloud, Camtasia
Microsoft Office 365

Microsoft Office 365 Reviews

Microsoft Office 365
Filter 999 vetted Microsoft Office 365 reviews and ratings
Victor Arana profile photo
July 10, 2018

Review: "Microsoft Office 365 will drive you to the Collaborative Private Cloud."

• You can work anywhere you want using your Office 365 credentials allowing you to use every single device that's available to login.
  • If your working with teams this is the tool that will take your business into the collaborative environment of always be online for everyone, everywhere within your company.
  • The security features allows to look after all over the flaws that your data leak protection system may skip like as mail encryption, data loss prevention using sensitives policies linked to your profile information, mobile device management allowing you to control the devices and protecting the company information.
  • Office 365 is a subscription based service, so you can pay a low monthly fee for your user, and plan through the company growth the budget helping you from a cash flow perspective to optimize costs.
  • Microsoft Office 365 may get you in trouble if your internet service is down, since you may not be able to access your shared files, or if your internet connection is very slow, I don't recommend if you got to much of your data synced into Office 365 platform.
  • Always make sure you check compatibility with critical applications before upgrading Office 365 (or Windows, or any other technology it may interact with), remember if your ERP systems or CRM systems requires 32 Bit apps instead of 64 Bit Office suites aim for the right option.
  • Renewals and payment methods can turn into a headache, so remember to keep track of them and in time to time update the contact information to send the billing reports and check the expiration dates of your payment methods.
I strongly recommend Microsoft Office 365, for those companies that are starters or if they're looking for a collaborative Microsoft Suite to reduce deployment times, and stressful management, Office 365 can allow you to run your mail accounts, shared cloud Files and, IM communication, track down the usage of information and leverage the process of delivering to your teams the development of company process. Remember is a great tool if you got a decent Internet Service Provider, if not you'll need another on premise solution to avoid sync issues or data disruptions.
Read Victor Arana's full review
Tom Pentzer profile photo
May 23, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "Has its annoyances, but so ubiquitous you can't escape it."

• It opens and edits the vast majority of file formats given to us for our education.
  • It's widely used and relatively easy to learn if you've never been exposed to it before.
  • The additional web accessibility is handy for getting some cloud-based documents and emails while away from my computer.
  • OneNote for Mac does not have all of the features OneNote for PC does, and it's patently absurd for said features to be missing. I'm unable to make templates, make custom tags, and there's no option for freehand drawing, should I elect to try using a Wacom style input.
  • Use of the quite requires me to be signed in, and at least three times a year, Word or Outlook will decide that I'm no longer signed in, thus, I cannot continue to edit the documents I'm working on. This requires me to reboot my computer, not something I'm happy doing while trying to take notes during lecture.
  • To continue the rant about a need for authentication, I can see no reason why, after the initial purchase/download, authentication and a sign-in would be needed if I'm not sending stuff to the cloud.
It's ubiquitous and therefore widely recognized. Everyone knows how to use it and finding help with problems is easy. It does not perform particularly well, at least on Macs, with some functionality hamstrung. Also, while documents can be saved and stored in the fashion that most people are used to, this manner is not always so nicely suited for lecture notes and assigned readings. Thus, many students use other materials/file management programs/systems.
Read Tom Pentzer's full review
David DJ Ryan profile photo
May 21, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "Lungs are to breathing as Microsoft Office is to ..."

• Synchronization of cloud and on-device storage makes working offline a breeze
  • Office products Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook work seamlessly with Microsoft apps such as One Drive
  • Upgrades and updates are automatic and can be scheduled or accepted. Big time saver versus one-time purchase such as Office 2016
  • I use process flowcharts frequently as a consultant. I have not found a useful Microsoft app to provide this capability that helps produce a professional result. Smart Art is quite limited.
  • Screen capture is limited with tools such as "Snip". I'm forced to use third-party tools such as Snagit. I use image capture every day to create training materials and reports.
  • Creating documents with an Index and reference paragraphs I find difficult to use.
Collaboration with clients and peers. My clients need to import data from different sources and often requiring a transformation of the data (such as parsing or concatenating) prior to importing. Excel is quite useful as a common tool for me and clients to make that handoff of XLS and CSV files, completing the transformation prior to importing.
Read David DJ Ryan's full review
Ben Tarney profile photo
July 16, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "Don't use your time, use Microsoft's!"

• Quick and Easy updates
  • Easier back end management of users and licenses
  • Infrastructure cost have gone down
  • Learning curve in going to the cloud
  • Training users the email might be a little slower with the internet hop was initially troublesome but has since improved
  • Online versions of products could use some improvement as users expect full functionality but isn't always there
Office 365 is perfect for any organization. It makes managing of basic office products much easier and helps our users work from anywhere. Having the email hosted elsewhere took some initial getting used to but since has been perfect. We saved on infrastructure costs and in general have much less trouble than when we were managing things ourselves. Once you get over the initial hurdle/implementation it almost runs itself.
Read Ben Tarney's full review
Nikhil Deshpande profile photo
May 22, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "Best desktop application suite for enterprises"

• PowerPoint is a great tool for making presentations. It not only has a wide variety of templates, it also allows you to practice your presentation by measuring the time you spend talking on each slide.
  • AutoCorrect works great. A common database of corrections applies the corrections to all Office applications. In addition to correcting spellings, I also use it to store abbreviations I use for common words I frequently use in my communication. AutoCorrect automatically expands the abbreviations to the full words.
  • Outlook has emerged as the de facto email client globally. Meeting invites work not only within the organization but also to people in other organizations because Outlook is very commonly used.
  • The online versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are useful for viewing documents shared by others. You do not always have to use the desktop versions to view such documents.
  • Sharing documents with Office 365 is excellent. You can share folders and documents within your organiation as well as outside your organization. When you share externally, you can generate a link from Office 365 that you can use in your email to the persons with whom you are sharing. When they access the document, they are prompted to enter a one-time password sent to their email address. This ensures that only the specific individuals you have shared the document with have access. This is one of the best access control features of Office 365.
  • In the cloud version of Office 365, the standard database of AutoCorrect works; however, you cannot add your custom entries to it. This drastically reduces its usefulness for routine work.
  • I have had trouble a few times signing in with my organization's AD account. An error is returned. This has happened frequently in the past few weeks. I have had to delete a few registry entries, delete temporary files, and on one occasion, reinstall Office to resolve the issue.
It's best for formal presentations, text files that require rich text content, such as images and pictures, and spreadsheets.
Read Nikhil Deshpande's full review
Luis Garcia Müller profile photo
September 14, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "The only and original but very careful, must improve and innovate."

It is an essential element which is part of each area and sector of the organization, given its functions as a text editor to create documents, and as data table management to support accounting.
  • The ability to edit, create or delete a document on-line without relying on computer storage.
  • The different functions it offers to create documents, presentations, accounting tables and graphic material.
  • The few resources that consume making their use can be from any computer.
  • The system crashes and data loss that exists due to connection failures.
  • Existing limitations which do not allow to extract all the potential and functions of the office suite.
  • It maintains some problems of its native version when not having updates and maintaining an aspect equal or even worse.
For the creation of memos, documents, letters, calendars, planning tables and presentations and is not so useful for advanced options.
Read Luis Garcia Müller's full review
Shalindra Singh profile photo
May 21, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "Office 365 - Solution for E-mail and beyond"

It is being used by the whole Organization to the fullest. We use all features of 365 including SharePoint.
We use 365 for email, Tasks management, OneDrive for storage, Skype for Business for internal calls, share points for many other things.
  • Integrated applications - apps like emails, Skype, OneDrive and Groups, and Tasks are integrated and can be very well shared with the team.
  • Support to open all document online, like Word, Excel, PPT, etc, and save them on OneDrive without needing to save them in your system.
  • I use new apps a lot like the planner, groups, and TODO. It made life a lot easier.
  • Skype for Business requires little improvement to do collaboration better. We use zoom since SfB is not user-friendly.
  • TODO should be integrated with Outlook.
I do not know at this moment where Office 365 may not be suited. It is a great tool and does the job Pretty well for most of our requirements as I mentioned above. Office 365 is a leader in emails and office documents and, with the addition of cool features like a planner, group, Todo, etc, it becomes better.
Read Shalindra Singh's full review
Johnn Karanja profile photo
August 17, 2018

Review: "Microsoft Office 365 operations towards achieving organizational goals"

Microsoft Office 365's online version offers data storage. It also provides the most up to date Microsoft tools that enable free operation in the organization. This software is used across all departments in our organization, which helps to create uniformity of work which results in increased production level. One can use Microsoft Office 365 anywhere as long as they have an internet connection.
  • One can access a majority of Microsoft tools such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office, among others
  • It facilitates socialization through such tools as email and Skype, among others
  • I think Microsoft Office 365 is the best software in terms of data analysis that will enable a business to remain at the top of the modern competitive business world
  • Cost of the software should be minimized
  • Video editing tools should be enhanced
  • More Microsoft tools should be added
Microsoft Office 365 is well suited in areas with adequate internet connection because some of the important functions such as emailing may not be available offline. It may also suit organizations where there is huge data that may not be possible to analyze manually.
Read Johnn Karanja's full review
Alysia Wood profile photo
May 24, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "Not worth the price for SBA"

Microsoft Office 365 was sold to our company as a needed tool prior to me being hired. The sales reps at Godaddy/365 said in order to edit an Excel or Word document on a mobile device, they had to buy 8 licenses of Microsoft 365 - [functionality] which was offered for free by Google. This was a waste of money, dishonest, and a far inferior product to Google Docs and Google Sheets. The online version of Office 365 was too limited.
  • Fast
  • Reliable
  • Universally compatible
  • The online version too limited in features and glitchy.
  • Google Docs offered more features for free.
  • The online and desktop versions didn't work seamlessly at all.
Not worth the price for small businesses because Google offers a better product for free. You might have to add some extensions to Google Docs to get all the features you want, but again, it's all free. Google Docs is only online so you don't have to wait for 365 to sync the online and desktop versions or deal with 365's freezing problems.
Read Alysia Wood's full review
May 28, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "365 - A tool that can be used year round!"

My entire Company uses 365. It allows our project team to communicate with each other using a simple web browser. It bypasses the internal security required to get to Outlook. I find it useful when I am on the road at a customer site and as long as I can attach to wifi, I can reach out to my team.
  • Easy to use and understand.
  • You can attach any sort of document that you need to send out and get feedback on, or for that matter send something out that will give someone what they are looking for.
  • It stacks emails so that any email with a common theme will bundle together so that your inbox does not fill up.
  • You must have wifi to connect, which is not always available. My clients are all government based, and they will not let you connect directly to their Network and wifi typically needs permissions to use.
  • When sending and receiving emails, depending on the strength of your wifi, you can get an internal timeout where your email crashes and has to be resent.
  • It is not as robust as its Outlook counterpart, but I will assume that it was designed that way on purpose. It does not replicate the functionality that Outlook does.
365 is well suited for folks that travel. I use it at the airport, hotel, restaurants, etc. when I am on the road. Assuming that you can get to wifi, it is very easy to startup and use. As I mentioned earlier, the feature I like most is that it "bundles" emails that are connected to the original email so you do not have to sort thru 50 emails to get to the one you need.
July 16, 2018

Review: "Microsoft Office 365 - a feature-rich offering for large scale organizations"

Microsoft Office 365 is used by our entire organization, giving a single, standardized format for creating, printing, and sharing documents and information. In our business, we need to create a wide range of documents - from simple data analysis and number crunching to business proposals. These are also sharing both internally across groups, and externally with clients, partners, and other vendors.
  • Microsoft Office 365 includes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, allowing you to create documents in a number of different formats, and even include data from one program in another - such as graphs from Excel in PowerPoint presentations.
  • Microsoft Office 365 also makes sharing of documents much easier, with its support for cloud-based sharing of documents. You can upload your document to the cloud, and simply share a link with other users where they can view and edit documents. This is a vast improvement on the old method of having to send actual documents, and manually keep track of changes and versions.
  • As well as the sharing features, Microsoft Office 365 includes excellent features for multiple users to collaborate on a single document, such as tracking updates and comments by users and versioning.
  • Microsoft Office 365 supports output to PDF as well as printing, allowing digital as well as hard-copies of presentations or handouts to be shared with meeting attendees.
  • Although the new "ribbon" user interface does simplify things slightly, Microsoft Office 365 does suffer to a certain degree from being "bloat-ware". The very wide range of features available means that it almost always supports what you need to do, but finding the exact feature for more common, everyday tasks can sometimes be a chore as you have to search through a long list of less commonly used features.
  • Startup time for the application can be a bit long, even on high-end computers.
Microsoft Office 365 is perfect for larger organizations that need a comprehensive set of tools they can distribute to employees, both fulfilling all their functional needs and providing a single, unified software platform to support.
For smaller organizations or individuals, it may be a little bit of overkill - you'll probably find yourself not using all the features and getting the full benefit of the price you are paying.
November 02, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "Awsome software"

We use 365 across the board at our company on a daily basis for email meeting and others. I am able to use 365 at home when I'm not at work and it seems to do almost the same as Outlook. My colleagues at work are also using 365 to share their files with others users as well.
  • I like the layout of 365, the application is very easy to learn and use. I am able to use it within an hour after looking at the apps. I also tie 365 into my daily/weekly meetings.
  • We're currently using Skype for Business with our 365 application, with the two combined it make it a more powerful tool to use. I can switch back an forth between 365 and Skype to chat with other users internally and externally.
  • I'm not a heavy user on this software so I can't comment on what it needs to improve. I do know it helps to make my job easier on a daily basis.
I only use 365 to check email and set up meetings with Skype for Business. I can share my desktop and be able to train anyone from various locations within the US or globally by sharing my desktop with them during a meeting or training by sitting at my desk I can be able to do all that.
May 23, 2018

User Review: "Microsoft Office 365 - A solid choice"

Microsoft Office 365 is being used by the entire organization. We primarily use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook for business productivity, planning, and communication.
  • Convenient access to all the programs via browser, much easier to access regardless of operating system.
  • One-drive allows us to share files quickly and seamlessly.
  • Strong integration with its own programs; also wide range of compatibility for distributing to external clients.
  • One-drive takes some getting used to
  • Can be slow sometimes
  • Always needs to be connected to the internet for certain features to work
Office 365 is ideal for pretty much any scenario (education, work, personal)
July 14, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "Office 365 is a decent option"

Office 365 is used across the entire orgainization which is roughly 500 people. The problem is solves is having everyone on the same platform since we have historically been an MS shop. We are in the cloud so it is easier to maintain than if we had a on prem version.
  • Easy to access via single sign on
  • Familiarity with MS office leads to easy adoption
  • Document sharing and check ins are a plus
  • SharePoint sites are limited in what you can do and hard to understand
  • New document automatically checks out
  • Excel online version is not great, you should open in Excel
Good as an enterprise tool for a small, medium or large company. Allows everyone to be on the same page and share docs, excel sheets and other work related items. Not great as an IT tool since the partner product is TFS, which is tough to use and not up to par with JIRA.
May 30, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "Solid Workplace Productivity Tools"

Microsoft Office 365 is used across the office. It gives us a common set of tools to use for writing documents, slide decks, and working in spreadsheets.
  • spreadsheets
  • powerpoint / slide decks
  • document creation via word
  • word is not the best CX and difficult to format
Microsoft Office 365 is well suited for an office work environment. It is a bit costly so some smaller companies may choose to use tools such as those from Google.
Tom Wondra profile photo
May 18, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "The Industry Standard"

Microsoft Office 365O365 is used across the organization. We use Word, Excel, Powerpoint for business productivity, planning, and communication. It is the industry standard and meets our needs quite well.
  • Microsoft Office 365 is the complete suite of business productivity tools. It has everything you need for most day-to-day needs.
  • The user experience across the various modules (Word, Excel, etc) is consistent, so very easy to move between modules.
  • O365 is compatible across organizations. I know that I can send an Excel spreadsheet to a customer or vendor, and they will be able to open it successfully and understand it completely.
  • Modules like Project are add-on costs. Not a huge deal, just irritating.
  • Email / Outlook is a bit heavy. Gmail is a much more intuitive, easy to use email interface.
Microsoft Office 365 is the clear industry standard, so you really can't go wrong by implementing. Most employees, customers, vendors, etc will be familiar with the functionality and will be able to easily be productive in short order. O365 works well for smaller organizations. The admin overhead can be minimal. O365 also works well for mid to large organizations. Like I said above, it's the industry standard. Single practitioners can also use O365 very easily, but there are free options available if cost is an issue.
Read Tom Wondra's full review
Francis Marfo profile photo
March 02, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "MS Office 365, Great choice for organizational success!"

Microsoft Office 365 is being used across the whole organization I work for. This platform addresses our need for cloud storage, sharing of organizational wide documents, mailing, office applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote, with an additional benefit of managing project Teams, organizational communication through Yammer and an enterprise resource planning platform of Dynamics 365.
  • Microsoft Office 365 provides my organization with the following core benefit of boosting our productivity through reliable access anywhere with services like completely sync our Outlook emails between multiple devices,
  • mobile access on all popular smartphones and tablets, file sharing for the corporate environment with Office 365, online conferencing, Web Access to Microsoft Office Documents and Office application Online, and Instant messaging, voice, phone and real -time video conferencing.
  • You only need internet and a browser and this will work on all OS Platforms!!!
  • It reduces the need for physical infrastructure and its' maintenance cost.
  • The authenticating process without good internet is creating usage challenges
  • It has a little different feel from desktop edition of Microsoft Office 365
If you have great internet access, your organization wants to reduce IT infrastructure and maintenance cost, allow mobility and access to corporate files and document from any location, then Microsoft Office 365 is well suited. Otherwise, its desktop version will do.
Read Francis Marfo's full review
Justin Beckett profile photo
February 27, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "You can do this stuff for free -- or pay to do it right."

Company-wide communication, including ...
* SKYPE for Business: Used to instant communication between off-site employees; screen and idea sharing between departments; mobile replies when away from the computer; and occasional transfers of non-secure files.
* OUTLOOK: Used primarily for calendar and contact management; in-house and external email
* EXCEL: Used primarily to deliver charts for print production. Occasionally used to open production calendars and walk-backs schedules from printers and other departments.
* WORD: Rarely used; primarily for writing standing memos and policy.
* ONEDRIVE: Used extensively to maintain files across multiple computers and users.
  • Skype for Business is an excellent program for communicating not only in office, but with other Office 365 users across Windows, Mac and mobile platforms.
  • Onedrive, included with a suite of products you are already buying, is a sufficient cloud-file storage program.
  • Outlook is good for organization-wide mailing lists and ease of distribution. It organizes contacts well across a large company.
  • Skype for business lacks the ability to EVER communicate with personal Skype accounts. Some of our vendors do not subscribe to Office 365 and therefore are shut out of this communication process.
  • Outlook is a bit bare-bones on email coding and html and tries to be everything to everyone, integrating calendars, schedules, and many other functions instead of just being an outstanding email program.
  • OneDrive is nothing special at the end of the day. Sharing of files across user groups is mildly less intuitive than Google Drive or Dropbox and lacks a good "backup" feature should files go missing.
Office 365 is a must for large organizations. The subscription-base means active directors users can install software on both work and personal devices -- allowing files and tasks to be accessed at all times, from all places. Collaborating on basic office files, such as Word documents, Excel documents, calendar items, agendas and so on comes easily. Skype for Business is a great tool to integrate communication, especially among remote workers. Generally sharing Active Directory based account services across many users in a singular eco-system makes Office 365 ideal for bigger organizations.

Office 365 is not ideal for smaller organizations because there are products that can individually handle its tasks for cheaper (or free). Dropbox, Google Drive, and iCloud Drive are free (or more economical) file-sharing alternatives and often have a better back-up system in case files become damaged or missing. For creative organizations, OneDrive duplicates services already offered in Adobe Creative Cloud and Apple's iWork suites. Skype doesn't play well with other instant messaging programs and there are better, free alternatives (such as Slack) for small organizations who don't have to communicate with large groups. There are countless other programs (Google Docs, Apple iWork, etc) that can do what Word, Excel, and PowerPoint do -- for free.
Read Justin Beckett's full review
Brian Borchers profile photo
December 01, 2017

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "Microsoft 365 is still the best business platform"

The entire organization uses Microsoft 365. It allows us to communicate via email from anywhere. We also use Word and Excel every day to track orders and write presentations.
  • Emails are easy to get from anywhere and on any device.
  • Outlook is the easiest and bet email platform for business.
  • Microsoft Word and Excel are the standards for business documents. My Excel spreadsheets track the most important information I need and I review them every day.
  • I would like Excel to be easier to use on my Mac.
  • I'd like to be able to print spreadsheets from Excel easily on 1 sheet of paper. The printing is usually difficult.
  • I would like to see more templates for tracking sales leads in Excel.
Any organization that has employees that work remotely or who travel a lot would greatly benefit from using Microsoft 365 because it allows them to access their email and documents anywhere. I use the cloud services every day.

I think the installed version of Microsoft is better suited for daily office workers and the layout is better than Microsoft 365.
Read Brian Borchers's full review
May 17, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "Office 365 - The Go Anywhere Office Program"

Microsoft Office 365 is used across all of our organization. We have offices in 4 locations, and it allows us to streamline our Office products and is extremely affordable. When there are technical issues we can assess them from any location, and effectively manage our users. Sharing documents has been much more efficient on Office 365 because we are all using the same version of the associated programs. In the past, we had users on older versions of Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. making it difficult to utilize all the features of the programs.
  • Collaboration: Everyone has the same layout and features available to them.
  • Training: Assisting each other in using the programs is streamlined as everyone has the same version and can understand the software the same way.
  • Reliability: It is very rare for the program to be down or out of service. We can depend on Microsoft being accessible when we need it.
  • Convenience: We can access our Microsoft products on any device simply by logging in.
  • Billing: The access to the online billing is restricted to the admin, and our bookkeeper cannot retrieve the statements every month without his assistance.
Microsoft Office 365 is well suited for companies and people who are on the go or work remotely. It is also well suited for large groups that need to collaborate on documents. Students will also find Microsoft Office 365 to be effective and convenient to use for assignments and email access.

Microsoft Office 365 may not be well suited for someone who uses the software on one device at all times and wishes to purchase the license one time to use for many years to come. Since Microsoft Office 365 is a subscription service, the payments are ongoing, but so are the updates and support.
May 18, 2018

"Microsoft Office 365 Review"

We use Office 365 across our enterprise for email, collaboration, and communication. It provides a secure, cloud-based solution to enable our employees to connect from any device and any location.
  • It's cloud-based so you can access it from any device and any location.
  • It integrates email, document storage, collaboration, and communications applications.
  • It's secure.
  • OneDrive takes some getting used to.
  • There are lots of applications within O365 that users don't use.
  • It work well as long as you have a solid network/network connection.
Enterprise email and collaboration platform. For smaller organization others tools like Slack may be more effective. If your organization isn't as tied to Microsoft office, Google may be a consideration.
March 07, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "Office 365 - all-in-one Cloud storage and Mail box"

Office 365 is used in our organisation as our main source for Email exchange and one drive cloud business storage. This is used by every department in our organisation. This tool helps us in accessing mails easily,schedule meetings, skype calls and also the apps it provides as excel, word, one note which helps us in creating reports.
  • Microsoft Office 365 does exceptionally well with its built in Apps facility. A user who has office 365 license can easily access Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, which helps in creating reports or store data.
  • It provides OneDrive facility where we can store our large volumes of data in the cloud and can share to the peers to access those files.
  • Office 365 also works exceptionally well in quarantining the spam services with its intelligent sources and also the Skype service where one can schedule meetings and discuss for long hours
  • Office 365 alerting system need to be improved a little bit for their advance features like impossible logins from typical locations
  • Office 365 has firm policies like it doesnt allow any of its features for free.Every features is interlinked with its license and the license extension is also high where a small scale industry cannot afford.
Office 365 does exceptionally well in many scenarios. If I have to explain scenario then it's conditional access-policies, where one can do blocking per location wise. One need just to give their unwanted locations to be used for logins. This feature helps in blocking the logins from that locations we can also block email access or enforce polices as per customization which is one of the cool feature helps organisation protecting their environment from getting phished or attacks. Office 365 has a spam filtering feature which will quarantine the malicious emails from getting to inbox if any sender doesn't have any valid SPF records.
May 18, 2018

"Microsoft Office 365 Review"

Microsoft Office 365 is being used across the entire organization.
  • Quick access to Sharepoint/Onedrive. Allows us to share and collaborate on content very easily from any location.
  • Not necessarily a con, but I think there are so many facets to Office 365 that it is difficult to take advantage, or even realize, all that is has to offer.
  • If internet connectivity is not 100%, it can be very difficult to edit content successfully. Long time to load, open, download, etc.
  • Lack of data control/security. Must trust Microsoft with all of our content & data.
Collaboration. An ideal platform to work with others that are remote.
May 18, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "Microsoft O365 For Collaboration"

Our organization operates on Microsoft Office 365 and it's extremely helpful for collaboration across teams.
  • Collaboration on documents in Sharepoint
  • Supports teamwork and brainstorming with Teams
  • Integrates with Outlook email
Great for our entire team and smaller teams within. Given the agency structure, there are multiple sub-teams and internal groups that cross traditional silos. Allowing individuals access to various teams and resources across the organization empowers all employees to solve their own problems and seek out solutions.
March 29, 2018

Microsoft Office 365 Review: "Office 365 provides solid collaboration"

Used across the whole organization. Provides unified collaboration tools to enable the entire business to operate efficiently.
  • Collaborating on the same content simultaneously.
  • Online storage of personal files.
  • Unified calendaring.
  • Better feedback when waiting for network congestion.
Well suited for centralized businesses that want to have a single method for collaboration on content.

About Microsoft Office 365

Office 365 is more than just Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. It provides business-class email, online storage, and teamwork solutions that you can access from anywhere.

The vendor says key benefits include:
  • Bring teams and resources together with solutions like Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business that make working together more productive and enjoyable regardless of where participants are located.
  • Easily implement security and privacy controls to help protect business data and devices against malicious threats and help you meet your compliance obligations.
  • Automatic updates ensure your employees will always have the latest features and security updates.