Before starting to use Power BI, …
Customizable dashboards (136)
Drill-down analysis (136)
Report sharing and collaboration (133)
Formatting capabilities (135)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Microsoft Power BI, and make your voice heard!
Power BI Pro
Power BI Premium
Power BI Premium
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $9.99 per month
Microsoft Power BI is a business analytics service from Microsoft. It allows users to convert data into visuals and graphics, visually explore and analyze data, collaborate on interactive dashboards and reports, and scale across their organization with built-in governance and security.
- Free initial setup with no required training
- Connectivity with Excel spreadsheets, cloud services, streaming data, on-premise databases, and more
- Dashboards that update in real-time
- Natural language processing for data visualization tools
- Shareable reports and datasets
- Collaborative framework
- Remote accessibility
- Integrates with most applications and services using REST API
- Publish data directly from service with publish-to-web feature
We have created kind of an internal "App Store" based on Power BI where you have a lot of different dashboards for different solutions (cost, cash, health and safety, sales, factories, distribution centers...) and you as an user just need to get in that "App Store" and enter in whatever tool can be useful for you. It is open to all the operations employees and can use on demand.
Also it has raised the imagination of our colleagues, as they are not only working by themselves creating new reports, but also raising fantastic ideas that can be extended for the usage of all the community.
If you have scattered data left undiscovered, or need solid reporting and analytics, or even just simply want to impress your management with detailed, beautiful and organized reports that are automatically refreshed with fresh content, Power BI is absolutely the tool to go for.
It can import data from an overwhelming amount of sources, such as Excel, SQL Server, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Sales Force, MySQL, Amazon Redshift and many others, and it allows you to quickly and easily build and publish beautiful reports that always impresses the executives and management.
[Microsoft] Power BI is one of a few products that I would recommend to literally anyone who uses a computer, there is always a use case for Power BI, especially the desktop version, the moment you create your first report you realize how much time and effort it saves and how much insights it gives on your data, personally, Power BI is an essential part of my work and I truly enjoy building reports and gathering/transforming data using it.
Once you create a report the users can manipulate the information without the help of the development team and with it create new reports or export the information to Excel.
Not suitable for simple visualization as MS Excel pivot tables are equally good with less hassle and effort.
- [Microsoft] Power BI is very useful to make cool reports from the scratch with just a little of knowledge, gathering data from a lot of sources.
- Power Query is not the most efficient tool to prepare data neither to analyze it. Power Query language is very complex an the final result can easily be achieved using standard SQL [when] working on a database source, or using other tools like [Python] with Elastic Search.