Before starting to use Power BI, …
Customizable dashboards (136)
Drill-down analysis (136)
Report sharing and collaboration (133)
Formatting capabilities (135)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Microsoft Power BI, and make your voice heard!
Power BI Pro
Power BI Premium
Power BI Premium
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $9.99 per month
Microsoft Power BI is a business analytics service from Microsoft. It allows users to convert data into visuals and graphics, visually explore and analyze data, collaborate on interactive dashboards and reports, and scale across their organization with built-in governance and security.
- Free initial setup with no required training
- Connectivity with Excel spreadsheets, cloud services, streaming data, on-premise databases, and more
- Dashboards that update in real-time
- Natural language processing for data visualization tools
- Shareable reports and datasets
- Collaborative framework
- Remote accessibility
- Integrates with most applications and services using REST API
- Publish data directly from service with publish-to-web feature
- Saves lot of time in Cleaning Data and Report files
- Stream line the process and data visualization made easy
- Little bit Expensive
- Less time spend on reports.
- Better quality of data.
- After the different areas start using Microsoft Power BI we start making better business decisions based on Data.
- I believe that investment in Power BI is small compared with the tool and information provided when we use it.
- A negative point is that you might need specialized people to create the report and maintain the infrastructure.
- Speed up the decissions
- We have improved customer retention by immediately alerting us when revenue drops. It has helped us make sense of a lot of data that we had assumed was useless. Now we analyze all data.
- It facilitates QBR/customer conversations by providing data on demand. Everyone has adopted it because of its ease of use—no need to hire a dedicated data analytics team.
- This way, we can see which product areas the customer uses. To meet our customers' needs and keep their content intact, we build custom dashboards on [Microsoft] Power BI.
- Drastic reduction in time for updating manage reports
- Reduction in time spent inputting data
- Increased ease of sharing reports to multiple users
- High level of ROI to reduce burden of disease
- easy to use
- no coding required
- graph options
- Since the cost is so low, I was able to spend more $$ on people
- The TOC is tricky if you consider the database cost involved
- DAX is still a tricky language to learn for beginners
- Reduction of repetitive tasks
- Upgrade from working with Excel
- Stunning visuals and reporting
- Allows visibility to leadership on weekly activities.
- Allows analysts to see their open items and what they have to work on.
- Displays area of opportunity when too many open analyses cluster in a functional area.
- Saved our company many hours crunching data and building reports
- Reporting and Insights provided are invaluable to any business and are critical to business visibility and success
- A small price to pay for the great benefits it provides and the effort it saves, this product truly gives a meaning to meaningless data and helps drive critical future business decisions
- Our visibility into our financial data and operations exponentially increased, decisions are easily made based on factual data without missing any important factor
- Efficiency in preparing and presenting data.
- Automated reports.
- Ability to act faster in response to business data.
- Reduction of the time expended for the development team to create new reports
- Reduction of the time to create reports and dashboard
- Reports on time for the executive team
- Power BI makes it easier to visualize data and make financial decisions
- It makes it easy to collaborate with users and help them make decisions
- Power BI saves time in modifying data for visualization
- Quick business decisions
- Predictive analytics
- Real-time business tracking
- As a salesperson, I use Power BI daily to understand the performance of my clients and portfolio, and make actionable decisions.
- Enhanced decision making
- Easy to present information
- Automated reports
- Helped Management monitor Team's Performance
- Helped Management taking better decisions at ease
- Gave better predictive insights for Financial Team
- It has allowed us to make sense of so much unused data that we had prematurely assumed was of no use and futile. Now we make sure all data is analyzed in some way or form.
- Because of its user-friendly nature, every team has adopted it to fulfill their own analytical needs. Because of this, we have saved costs as we didn't have to hire a dedicated analytics team for data analysis needs.
- As our SaaS platform doesn't have a strong in-built data analytics function, we create custom dashboards on Power BI and share them with our customers to fulfill their requirements and keep them content and retained.
- Improved customer retention, since we can see when revenue drops off, and immediately be alerted of this change.
- Better QBR/Customer conversations since we can drill down and have data at our fingertips
- Improved customer journey and milestone analysis - that way we see all of the areas of the product that the customer is using or not.
- It helps us track and achieve company goals.
- It shows us [our] performance in areas we could not previously track and allows us to see and work on how to improve their performance.
- Quick easy access for executives to use in helping teams and addressing issues.
- With [Microsoft] Power BI you can create and publish very cool reports from scratch in just a few minutes, and that's very important to the client.
- [Microsoft] Power BI Pro can be used in the most of the projects and companies with a very little annual budget.
- With the trial version you can create powerful demos and make effective pre-sales.
- Reduces data preparation time
- Easy to adapt
- Instant insights
- Management can keep a track of key metrics in real time which enables them to act proactively.
- Helps teams in Root Cause Analysis to identify the source of problem so that it can be avoided in future.
- People not well versed with coding and ML algorithms can also quickly create accurate sales forecast and prediction models leading to better planning.