Microsoft Power BI

Microsoft Power BI Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Supportability is extremely important. I personally haven't had a major issue requiring Microsoft intervention, which is probably the best support possible, but I'm also confident that Microsoft will continue to grow the Power BI capabilities and will have robust support when compared to smaller more boutique products on the market.
Nadyan Pscheidt | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft's support is great most times, they will respond fast and make everything to come to a solution. Also, the software is very well documented, so many times there is no need to contact the support because the documentation may have a solution right away.
To be very frank, I have never contacted the support for any issues. As tutorials cover basically everything, I have never had to contact them for a doubt. And as Microsoft products have always been stable, I have never faced any nagging bug that forced me to reach out to their customer support.
Greg Watkins | TrustRadius Reviewer
I can't really speak to the support overall, [but] I will say that in the almost three years I have used the system, I have only needed to contact their support team once. I think the team was helpful, but it did take some time for us to resolve the issues/ request that they had. I guess the good news is that the system is pretty stable, and I personally have rarely needed to contact their technical support team.
Christian Maxwell | TrustRadius Reviewer
I did not have a ton of interaction with the Power BI support team. When we ran into some minor issues my co-worker was the one who was working with support to get that resolved and get our questions answered. From his experience it seemed like the process went well and the support team was responsive and helpful.
Dustin Ghia | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft's support is standard, and typically the difficulties that arise when using Power BI correspond to managing Azure. Regarding the use of Power BI to do reports and analysis, the support of Microsoft is regular; However, the Power BI Users Community is active and frequently publishes manuals and tutorials on YouTube, with which practically all doubts regarding the basic and intermediate use of the tool can be resolved.
Alex Brielmann | TrustRadius Reviewer
I didn't have to deal directly with the support team, but they seemed to be responsive with our team of developers. If we had an urgent issue, we were typically able to get it resolved with a quick turnaround time. They are experienced employees, so I would assume nothing less, so it was nice to have those expectations met.
David Shi | TrustRadius Reviewer
Compared to its peers, this is one area [Microsoft] Power BI is undoubtly number one. No other application currently receives the same frequency of updates as [Microsoft] Power BI. At the current rate of improvement, we can expect a plethora of new features and fixes every single year and onwards for the foreseeable future, with Microsoft appearing to dedicate significant resources to ensure [Microsoft] Power BI stays relevant now as well as the future.
April 27, 2021

Do try PowerBi !

Ilektra Skepetari | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft are very fast to reply to any queries and if the query is hard to implement they provide resources to help you and facilitate solutions to problems. Also, there is a lot of online material to self-serve any bugs or errors you might have to deal with - even if the IDE of [Microsoft Power BI] is already very helpful and user friendly.
Support for Power BI is very extensive with many online chat groups and plenty of resources via search engines. Within the organization, we have a number of chat groups and training and support from IS/IT teams. Cross-functional collaboration is also helping to support functional areas to share, learn & grow the Power BI platform.
Scott Kennedy | TrustRadius Reviewer
Assuming you have the $10 per month license of Power BI Pro, you get a really solid support team straight from Microsoft. Also, since my company uses Microsoft Teams, the support agent was able to have a very quick and easy chat about my problem directly through Microsoft Teams. This was a nice benefit.
Blake Baron | TrustRadius Reviewer
Honestly I have not interacted with Microsoft Power BI's support team, but I mainly use Microsoft articles published online and on YouTube. You can find articles from the Microsoft community or Stack Overflow where folks have asked questions and the community has answered. It's a commonly used product and you won't have trouble finding the answer to your question.
I only had 1-2 instances where I needed to reach out to support teams for Power BI. Though the touchpoints for support teams are limited and only option is to create a support ticket, the response on email was prompt and required to exchange only 2 messages before we solved the issue. I also want to mention that I learnt a lot from the amazing community forums and learning videos available. However, I am not happy with the depth of the documentation.
Gabrielle Wayman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have not interacted with their support team. When I need help, I refer to YouTube videos and forums of peer users. I wasn’t able to complete this review without assigning a number, and I didn’t want to tank their support rating in case others find them very helpful.
Berlynn Pierce | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have never had to use the Power BI support team - if I have had questions I've reached out either to our analysts or the Marketing team. The request for help is obvious with various options that can be researched before reaching out for assistance. I don't love that that support ticket option is the very last option. When I select "report an issue" I'm taken to a community page to suggest an idea or report an issue and vote. The CTA is to suggest an idea and the headline is to share ideas for future features. This doesn't make any sense.
Mark McCully | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft support tends to be pretty good, but every once in a while we get a first-level engineer that doesn't know what they are doing and that can be frustrating. Once we get to level-2 or 3 support, we tend to get our issues resolved pretty quick. We haven't had to use Microsoft support very often for Power BI though.
Wajeeh Rehman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Frankly speaking, we do not have to frequently look for support as each and everything is very straightforward and easy to understand. Still, Microsoft provides great after-sale support services to its clients. You can contact their support officers for any queries you have and they will respond within a day.
Alejandro Pineda | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft needs to improve the contact center support because when you call them it is very difficult that you can find the solution with them, so you have to contact a local vendor to find out the solution to your issue. Also, the information that you find in the web from the official channels is not good so you have to find a third party information.
katragadda rajesh | TrustRadius Reviewer
Support is too good. I got a satisfactory response from a team within 24 hours. On community site, we will find almost all the answers needed for us. The support team has good knowledge on product stack and limitations of product.
Shivam Sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer
Power BI's support team is good but there is a larger community of Tableau users than Microsoft Power BI. Microsoft does provide good support to its customers, as Power BI is its product there is no question on the support. As Microsoft has this powerful tool it also has supporting hands behind it.

Microsoft Power BI Scorecard Summary

BI Standard Reporting (3)
Pixel Perfect reports (127)
Customizable dashboards (146)
Report Formatting Templates (135)
Ad-hoc Reporting (4)
Drill-down analysis (145)
Formatting capabilities (145)
Integration with R or other statistical packages (111)
Report sharing and collaboration (142)
Report Output and Scheduling (5)
Publish to Web (136)
Publish to PDF (128)
Report Versioning (108)
Report Delivery Scheduling (110)
Delivery to Remote Servers (80)
Data Discovery and Visualization (3)
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.) (139)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization (129)
Predictive Analytics (108)
Access Control and Security (4)
Multi-User Support (named login) (129)
Role-Based Security Model (110)
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete) (118)
Single Sign-On (SSO) (99)
Mobile Capabilities (4)
Responsive Design for Web Access (120)
Dedicated iOS Application (96)
Dedicated Android Application (97)
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile (120)
Application Program Interfaces (APIs) / Embedding (6)
REST API (78)
Javascript API (64)
iFrames (59)
Java API (53)
Themeable User Interface (UI) (70)
Customizable Platform (Open Source) (50)

What is Microsoft Power BI?

Microsoft Power BI is a business analytics service from Microsoft. It allows users to convert data into visuals and graphics, visually explore and analyze data, collaborate on interactive dashboards and reports, and scale across their organization with built-in governance and security.

Key features

• Free initial setup with no required training
  • Connectivity with Excel spreadsheets, cloud services, streaming data, on-premise databases, and more
  • Dashboards that update in real-time
  • Natural language processing for data visualization tools
  • Shareable reports and datasets
  • Collaborative framework
  • Remote accessibility
  • Integrates with most applications and services using REST API
  • Publish data directly from service with publish-to-web feature

Microsoft Power BI Video