Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SharePoint, and make your voice heard!
Office 365 E3
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
MS SharePoint / SQL refers to Microsoft Sharepoint, a web-based collaborative platform, being used in tandem with Microsoft SQL Server to provide business intelligence analytics and reporting. They can provide BI content such as data connections, reports, scorecards, dashboards, and more.
With Sharepoint, users can share files, data, news, and resources. Sites can be customized to streamline teams’ work. Team members can collaborate inside and outside the organization, across PCs, Macs, and mobile devices.
Sharepoint also supports the ability to discover data, expertise, and insights to inform decisions and guide action. SharePoint’s content management features, along with connections and conversations surfaced in Yammer, enable organizations to maximize their velocity of knowledge.
Users can also accelerate productivity by transforming processes—from tasks like notifications and approvals to operational workflows. With SharePoint lists and libraries, Microsoft Flow, and PowerApps, they can create digital experiences with forms, workflows, and custom apps for every device.
- Since Microsoft SharePoint provides the unlimited cloud storage, the cost of having tangible memory devices is reduced
- While hardware memory devices are subject to data loss and MS SharePoint does not have that impact, the cost of recovering any data and any time consumed for assessing those problems is greatly reduced
- Time spent on sharing documents through different devices among the employees and external parties is greatly reduced
- Safety of the external sharing of the important documents is assured with MS SharePoint
- Easy to use.
- Data security.
- Collaboration benefits.
- Remote workforce
- Collaborative ability for teams
- Making use of existing services businesses have
- The solution provides the service we need without requiring DevOps engineers to manage it.
- The Users are able to use the tools effectively with little training.
- Files and documents are easily searchable.
- Positive impact: Coming from our classic network file system, SharePoint (or any cloud-based tool) is a significant improvement. No more local files that are saved with extended filenames, manually versioned, manually dated. No more files which are emailed and manual management of multiple contributors or editors.
- Negative impact: Overall, opening/editing/saving files seem slower than working from the network. Hence, many people are still saving locally & moving things to SharePoint later.
- Negative impact: Since SharePoint is not the best tool for everything, we are still using multiple tools for any given project endeavor. We have a tool for project planning, another tool for activity tracking (kanban board system), another tool for project time tracking, SharePoint for document collaboration and storage, etc.
- It comes with Office 365. It won't cost you any additional charges.
- It will help you to streamline your communication and work as a central hub for all tasks, files[,] and events[.]
- Setting it up will need a bit [of] planning. If you jump blindly it will become a confusing place for your team members and make them frustrated[.]
- Saves lots of time
- easy to use
- fun to navigate it
- A timesheet application isn't necessary, and the company saves money on internal Web development because it doesn't need to purchase one.
- As part of a larger Microsoft bundle, the company saves money by reducing document and storage costs and increasing productivity.
- The company saves money by eliminating the need for face-to-face meetings and increasing project productivity and maintainability.
- The practical application and integration and a safe and convenient way to store files contribute to a high return on investment.
- ROI is high
- Saves a lot of time with multiple collaboration via office online
- Saves time getting access by requesting it right from the page
- Surveys and workflows could use some more robust tools
- Secure and easy way to store files
- Can be accessed from anywhere
- Collaboration made easy
- Poor user interface slows down productivity for staff
- Lack of clear permission rules hurts productivity for administrators
- Competitive pricing within the MS Office 365 suite for businesses
- SharePoint has contributed to the lack of accountability at our organization because it contains no real way to police user habits at a large, global organization. Some departments use it, some don't. Some teams use it, some don't. And those who do use it are notoriously inconsistent in their implementation of its capabilities. In the past we have tried to streamline the system and make it more efficient for people to use, but we have now actually abandoned this in favor of moving to an ERP system instead.
- SharePoint has caused a lot of headache and duplication of efforts across our organization, and the time and money we have sunk into attempting to shoehorn better processes into it has not been worth it in the long run.
- One plus is that it has provided a place for large amounts of data to be stored, so at least we can transfer all that content out of the system when we move to an ERP model. After we fix all the taxonomy issues, of course.
- Company saves money on internal Web development
- Company saves money as it is part of a bigger Microsoft bundle
- Company saves money as people can share information on a worldwide scale instead of meeting in person
- It is certainly a time saver.
- You can likely stop paying for other tools if you are willing to move to the SharePoint platform.
- If you are considering a remote office it will help support dispersed users.
- Increased collaboration - MS Sharepoint has increased knowledge share and collaboration between departments. This saves time and energy because of its efficient and effective communication
- Increased document security - MS Sharepoint has increased our document security so we're safer knowing that our documents are security and access controlled appropriately. We are less prone to get in trouble by our customers due to the security provided by MS Sharepoint
- Negative Impact Compared to other software - Not sure if the MS Sharepoint's main functionalities could've been met with other tools we currently have
- Going from an older version of Sharepoint to Sharepoint Online has improved collaboration greatly.
- Sharepoint Online also improves on empowering users to manage the sites and content.
- Overall efficiency has improved greatly compared to the older Sharepoint as well. The platform is much easier to use.
- As SharePoint is one of the top content collaboration tool which is seamlessly integrated with all other products / solutions from Microsoft or externals, the productivity of employees in the organization can go like a sky rocket and we are witnessing it from the business.
- As SharePoint provides scaling up/down at any point based on the business needs, any sized organization can choose the best plan according to their need and can leverage the scaling functionality at later stage
- Business can use SharePoint solutions to automate repeated tasks/ process that they encounter daily and can avoid manual / repeat works
- As SharePoint is more based out of web based product, network issues or fluctuations can be a challenge at times. However, Microsoft is really working on bringing standalone products that works without a network availability.
- Positive - can work on projects more quickly with fewer document versions floating around
- Positive - less documents/large files being sent via email - changing the culture of our organization to work more efficiently
- Positive - ease of access of content, especially during COVID-19 times, I haven't had any trouble accessing content on my computer or my phone.
- Eliminated using different tool among different teams
- More efficient file searching
- Centralized repository for documents, projects, news
- No longer required third-party website for project management
- Improved efficiencies with project management.
- Decrease turnaround for sign-off on templates/documents.
- Central repository to house knowledge supporting self-service capabilities.
- Being able to have multiple people collaborate on documents at one time means less time wasted adding versions together, emailing documents etc
- Having one shared location as a source of truth is really powerful and keeps everyone in an organisation aligned
- Easy to use with the rest of the MS O365 suite
- Integrated with our cloud migration projects
- Eliminates reliance on local shared drives
- Central management fully integrated with corporate active directory
- We are able to save time every day by having our platform organized into separate groups.
- It is easy to communicate and keep all team documents organized.
- We love how easy it is to share media other than text.