We have more than 400 computers in our company, almost all of them running Windows OS. With Microsoft System Center Service Manager, we are able to manage them all together. We are able to install/uninstall software to all machines at once, install updates, configurations, and also deploy images to the computers. It is a complete package to maintain infrastructure with lots of features available. The tool indeed saves us a lot of time.
- Simplifies the operations of IT services
- Flexibility in configuration
- Application deployment across Windows machines
- Server and workstation provisioning
- The software requires a lot of memory to run smoothly, otherwise it will be slow.
- It takes some time to learn, and training prices are a bit high.
- The price is a bit high; System Center is not a cheap solution.
I think any organization that runs windows on their computers that is size over 50 workstations and looking for a complete package to manage their windows machines must have Microsoft System Center Service Manager, especially if they have Windows servers and VMs. The capability of managing multiple devices at ones can save a lot of time for the IT jobs.
The customer support service is excellent. They help from start/deployment through to any time later on. They responded quickly and resolved our issues professionally and in no time.