Microsoft Teams Reviews

Karen Zelzer | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 06, 2019

Microsoft Teams, connecting employees both in and out of the office

Support Rating

Microsoft Teams has a good support and an easy system to find answers. There are also tutorials available for learning the basics of the program which is very helpful. Being able to use the program on computers, tablets and mobile devices is very helpful. The whole Outlook 360 package has a good support network which makes integrating new programs into the office easier.
Read Karen Zelzer's full review
Gabriela Band | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2020

Great for big businesses

Support Rating

Microsoft Teams has always been very responsive. We never had any major issues with the system but the online tutorials are crystal clear. Only negative item is cost, but other than that I strongly recommend it.
Read Gabriela Band's full review
Shanti Sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 29, 2020

The undefined truth

Support Rating

I will be honest. Microsoft really has a huge open community and has a very impressive customer support team, who are available 24*7 for us. I remember it very clearly during our beginning, we had some questions and confusion about the product. Microsoft sent their engineer and they worked with our IT department and did all the setup without any charges.
Read Shanti Sharma's full review
Charles R. Coggins III | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 23, 2020

MS Teams a wonderful small business application

Support Rating

Getting support for any MS Product kind of feels like pulling teeth. I have looked for support on the slowness of Teams to try and resolve it, but there is nothing really out there even from the MS reps other than deleting the hidden appsdata folder for Teams or uninstall/reinstall the software or just use the web-based Teams app.
Read Charles R. Coggins III's full review
Zack Uzzle, ITIL, ATD Master Trainer | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 21, 2020

Teams: A robust collaboration suite that helps you get things done!

Support Rating

I haven't had a need to reach out to support yet. Any questions I've had I've been able to find answers for within the knowledge base or from fellow users. Generally speaking Microsoft has a pretty robust support structure with a lot of online resources available. I would assume that if an issue did arise it would get resolved fairly quickly.
Read Zack Uzzle, ITIL, ATD Master Trainer's full review
Chris Carpenter | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 21, 2020

Microsoft Teams is the robust and integrated collaboration platform I have been waiting for.

Support Rating

The support we have received has been sufficient. Unlike previous tools, Teams doesn't appear to have the same amount of issues that we are accustomed to. Many of the base technologies in Teams are not particularly new, so new issues haven't surfaced at the rate that they have in the past. When issues have surfaced, though, support has been swift and effective.
Read Chris Carpenter's full review
Quentin Goin | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 21, 2020

Communicate quickly and efficiently.

Support Rating

I actually have not used MS Teams support. I'm giving a 7 as I'm guessing the support would be reasonable if you were a larger organization and fine for smaller organizations. That might be a good sign that I've never used their support for the product to just work well. I think I would use their support if I tried other features like the apps you can add in, file sharing if it didn't work as expected the first time, etc. The chat and screen sharing really works well for the 3 of us.
Read Quentin Goin's full review
Stephanie Majeran | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Microsoft Teams works well for smaller, globally based teams

Support Rating

I honestly haven't had to deal with the customer support for Microsoft Teams. I'm just a participant, not an "owner" of it so just use it because that's what they are using! From what I gather, they have been mostly satisfied with it, but with some issues arising since implementation last year.
Read Stephanie Majeran's full review
Melissa Rances, PMP | TrustRadius Reviewer

Microsoft Teams Review

Support Rating

I have not reached out to the customer support group for Microsoft Teams. The platform seems pretty intuitive and simple enough to use despite its limitations and lack of functionality. There are only so many places you can click in and out of, which makes the software pretty cut and dried, with not much need to reach out to customer support.
Read Melissa Rances, PMP's full review
Cindy Arco | TrustRadius Reviewer

Helps Make a Winning Team

Support Rating

I have never personally had to reach out to the support team from Microsoft for any help. Still, my previous experience with Microsoft products is that I can typically use "self-service" help to find answers and solutions to problems that I am experiencing. Either from company articles or from what other users that encountered the same problems or issues have posted about in forums or on blogs.
Read Cindy Arco's full review
Matt Varney | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Microsoft Teams - A lot to it!

Support Rating

The support positives are usually around the "evergreen" nature of this cloud service. Issues are usually fixed pretty quickly (often before we can completely register, assess, and report them) and new features emerge almost daily, which improves the product each time. This rapid pace of change can be negative and may add support incidents (mostly for training or retraining), but the overall effect is positive.
Read Matt Varney's full review
Taylor Martz | TrustRadius Reviewer

Teams at a glance

Support Rating

Our IT department has been utilizing the Office 365 environment for quite some time and has designated support available; however, this support is not necessarily real-time. I feel a missed opportunity is having designated support who we can "Teams" message any time, as opposed to needing to go through a formal process to receive help (i.e. web form, email, calls, etc). What better way to show dedication to the product and what it stands for than by using it to address simple customer support questions?
Read Taylor Martz's full review
Heather Robinette, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 16, 2020

Collaboration and Communication Tool for All Teams

Support Rating

Overall, it has been really great. The Help Center provides a ton of resources so you can find your own answers more often than not on your own. But it also is easy to get in touch with someone if needed. They also offer training classes that make it easy to help learn how to better use Teams.
Read Heather Robinette, MBA's full review
Guillermo Villamizar | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2019

Great software for communication within the company

Support Rating

The integration with the active directory is pretty good, and the audio codecs have improved a lot since the product was known as Lync. You can
set your status in the main window so your colleagues know is you are
available, busy, away, in a conference call or in a meeting. If it's
configured in your company, you can also call numbers outside the
company and even in countries different than the one you are dialing
from.
Read Guillermo Villamizar's full review
January 17, 2020

Microsoft Teams needs a serious UI/UX overhaul, and for now there are better options out there

Support Rating

I honestly have not used the support function for Teams much at all. The one issue I've had is when our organization implemented Duo two-factor authentication. When I tried to load Microsoft Teams, it would repeatedly send me Duo push notifications and never actually log me in. So I was forced to use the Teams web app instead of the desktop application. Our IT support team helped me with this issue but it required completely resetting my Teams account, and then the issue came back after a while. So I was not satisfied with the result. I don't know if the issue has more to do with Duo, or Teams, or our IT department's attempt at integrating the two through Active Directory, but either way it left a bad taste in my mouth.
March 02, 2020

Great alternative to Slack that you should seriously consider.

Support Rating

Microsoft support has been always pretty solid for me and this is no different. They are easily accessible and people that answer the phone are usually pretty helpful. Even when an issue is escalated, callbacks happen from the right people reliably. I have absolutely no complaints.

Task Management (29)
Gantt Charts (11)
5.7
Scheduling (23)
Workflow Automation (14)
Mobile Access (34)
Search (31)
Visual planning tools (20)
6.3
Chat (39)
Notifications (38)
Discussions (37)
Surveys (13)
Internal knowledgebase (15)
Integrates with GoToMeeting (5)
6.6
Integrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts (5)
6.2
Integrates with Outlook (33)
Versioning (23)
Video files (26)
Audio files (26)
Document collaboration (35)
Access control (29)
Advanced security features (21)
Integrates with Google Drive (7)
Device sync (20)

About Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams combines video conferencing software with team collaboration tools. The communications platform allows MS Office users to conduct conference calls and share files via SharePoint, and join or initiate a group chat.

Microsoft Teams features three tiers of pricing. The first is a subscription-less, free option that offers the same features as the other two tiers but does not offer administration tools like analytics and access to on-premise servers, or support features like 24/7 phone and web support. The second and third tiers are based on the size of your business and its conferencing needs. Its “Office 365 Business Premium” option starts at $12.50 a month per user, with a required annual commitment, and its “Office 365 E3” option for enterprises starts at $20 a month per user, also with a required annual commitment.

Key Features
Meetings: Meet with teams of 10 or 10,000. Host audio, video, and web conferences with anyone inside or outside your organization or go big with live events.

Calling: Its Phone System feature enables PBX capabilities including call control in Office 365 and replaces on-premises PBX. Its calling features are customizable to fit your organization’s unique needs.

Microsoft Teams Technical Details