Formerly Wunderlist

Microsoft To Do

Best way to manage my day!

May 25, 2021
Each individual uses it as they need to. I use [it] to manage my daily workload so no important task falls through the cracks. It's …

Great Task management tool

May 21, 2021
It's an amazing to-do/task manager. I like how you can add dates, sub tasks/comments, etc. it's great for collaboration, too, as you can …

A life saver!

January 24, 2020
We use Wunderlist to keep track of projects and tasks. Wunderlist has been a fantastic tool for team collaboration as it gives the option …

Mobile Access (70)

Task Management (74)

Scheduling (56)

Team Collaboration (68)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Microsoft To Do, and make your voice heard!

What is Microsoft To Do?

Microsoft To Do replaces the former Wunderlist task management tool.

1 person want pricing too

What is Trello?

Trello from Atlassian is a project management tool based on a Kanban framework. Trello is ideal for task-management in a to-do list format. It supports sharing boards and cards across users or teams. The product offers a free version, and paid versions add greater automation, collaboration, and…

What is Kanban Tool?

Kanban Tool is a visual project management application based on Kanban that helps companies visualize workflow, track project progress, analyze and improve business processes. Some key features include: time tracking and time reports, real-time collaboration and Kaban analytics.

Project Management

Professional Services Automation

6.5

What is Microsoft To Do?

Microsoft To Do replaces the former Wunderlist task management tool acquired by Microsoft June 2015, an app that provides an emphasis on to-do list task management structure. It enables collaboration by sharing lists for projects with other users. To Do is designed for mobile accessibility. Microsoft To Do is free to use.

Microsoft To Do Technical Details

What is Microsoft To Do?

Microsoft To Do replaces the former Wunderlist task management tool.

What is Microsoft To Do's best feature?

Reviewers rate Budget and Expense Management highest, with a score of 8.9.

Who uses Microsoft To Do?

The most common users of Microsoft To Do are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Microsoft To-Do simply put just does to-do lists very well. I don't want the visual components of software like Trello or ClickUp, and I had used Asana in previous roles and just found it to have too much going on. I also didn't like the notification system of Asana, constantly getting the most random emails about projects I was only slightly involved in. I tried the free trial of ClickUp and found it to be too overwhelming. I just wanted to have large groups for personal life, work, and business, then be able to have projects and goals underneath them, and plan tasks that meet that goal. Microsoft To-Do is a solid, simple product that gives me everything I need from a planning perspective.
Arun Gopalaswami | TrustRadius Reviewer
The simplicity of to do beats every other service. Of course, it can’t be used for tracking complex projects that require workflow automation, etc. For what it is designed for the app does the work brilliantly and helps to stay on top. It’s best suited for personal projects with light collaboration.
Quratulain Habib, PMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a fan of to-do lists. Previously they were all pen and paper though, which is fine for chores but not so much when you consistently receive emails and chat messages with various tasks mentioned in there. To Do helps keeping track of them.
  • Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager
The main alternative that I've used is Todoist. Todoist is better at auto-detecting dates and tags, and I found it easier to assign items to other people using Todoist. I think the big benefit that Microsoft To Do has is that it is more integrated into existing Microsoft workflows and apps that will be an important part of some people's routines.
The biggest selling point of Microsoft To Do is that it's free. We were able to jump in and start learning it without having to worry about making up for the cost of the software. We liked the idea of using all Microsoft products in hopes of some of our older employees being able to pick up the software quickly.
I selected MS To-Do because is easy to use, has a pretty UI and in my organization is free to use. Amazing to schedule your work, meetings, to-do list, prioritize task, etc, but is not like other software like Evernote that have more functionalities like a diagram, assign/change date and share with others.
  • Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager and Trello
To be honest, I loved Wunderlist, and so just moved over to Microsoft To Do out of inertia. Also Trello is more Kanban than a to-do list, so not exactly what we needed. Todoist might be more what we need, but we were already using Wunderlist, so we didn't want to take the time to learn another app. Given that Microsoft To Do (formerly Wunderlist) hasn't implement many of the features people are asking for, we might have to switch at some point.
Compared to in-built apps from Microsoft or Apple, Wunderlist is far better. It is incredibly hard to collaborate on both Outlook, Gmail, or Apple calendar/reminders. I wouldn't suggest any of those for team projects. Additionally, Wunderlist allows me to separate your work and create folders, helping me to maintain a better work-life balance since I do a lot of work from my personal computer as a designer!
Nicholas De Salvo | TrustRadius Reviewer
I started using Wunderlist purely to keep track of my to-dos and organize my time around the general tasks I have to complete. Attempts I have made to extend Wunderlist into project management or other broader tasks have been largely unsuccessful because it feels like there are better solutions out there.
Joel Tanzi | TrustRadius Reviewer
Both Trello and Remember the Milk offer their own value in managing tasks and projects. Wunderlist is the best simple task manager I've come across in that it focuses on the critical features you'd want in a task manager - great interface, ease of use, and accessible anywhere. Trello is more suited for larger projects that require more detail and metadata for tracking in a more Kanban-like approach, and Remember the Milk has lots of great features but it can be easy to get bogged down in the details. Wunderlist offers a clean, lightweight interface and feature set that just works and makes task management a breeze.
Paul Weber | TrustRadius Reviewer
Wunderlist was a good starting point, but we now use Todoist, and I definitely wouldn't look back. It is more complicated, but with that comes much more control than you get in Wunderlist - rather than simple search tags you have filters that can run across projects, human speech recognition is great for due dates. Multiple priority levels make a huge difference where Wunderlist has a "star" for high priority.
I have tried numerous programs in the past, this one, in particular, has an easy interface and almost anyone can use it. One of the most recent programs we have tried is Microsoft To-Do and it does not even compare. We have created access databases specific to do this type of work, but this program is much better. Wunderlist beats them all hands down.
December 25, 2019

Wunderlist Review

While I have tried a number of other to-do lists, Wunderlist is easy to use and free. Most other to-do lists that I have tried I have used for a day or two and the have deleted and returned to Wunderlist. Part of it is that I am used to this tool, but I think it is also just the simplicity of the tool. Especially after development was discontinued for Wunderlist I have looked at many other tools, but still, I ended up returning to Wunderlist.