Yammer is used for private communication within organizations or between organizational members and pre-designated groups, making it an example of enterprise social software. It originally launched as an enterprise microblogging service and now has applications on several different operating systems…
The ease of use affords …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Discussions (43)9.191%
- Notifications (44)8.686%
- Chat (40)8.282%
- Mobile Access (39)6.969%
Yammer is used for private communication within organizations or between organizational members and pre-designated groups, making it an example of enterprise social software. It originally launched as an enterprise microblogging service and now has applications on several different operating…
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
12 people also want pricing
Facebook at Work allows users to interact with co-workers through the Facebook interface.
Miro provides a visual workspace for innovation that enables distributed teams of any size to dream, design, and build the future together. Today, Miro counts more than 60 million users in 200,000 organizations who use Miro to improve product development collaboration, to speed up time to market,…
How to create an external group with Microsoft Yammer? (Demo)
What is Microsoft Yammer? - Yammer Demo
Project management software provides capabilities to streamline management of complex projects through task management, team collaboration and workflow automation
- 8Task Management(25) Ratings
This includes the ability to plan, track, collaborate and report on tasks.
- 7.9Gantt Charts(13) Ratings
Gantt charts are charts that show tasks or events along the y-axis displayed against time along the x-axis.
- 8Scheduling(18) Ratings
Scheduling capabilities allow users to set schedules on tasks, and create timelines and milestones.
- 7.9Workflow Automation(20) Ratings
Workflow automation is the ability to route work requests along an approval process automatically.
- 6.9Mobile Access(39) Ratings
Mobile access is the ability to access the software from a smartphone or tablet.
- 7.4Search(38) Ratings
Users can search for related materials across files, discussions threads, schedules, etc. using project keywords or tags.
- 7.9Visual planning tools(22) Ratings
Includes visual tools such as pinboards, mind-maps, or charts for collaborative brainstorming and/or workflow planning.
Features that allow team members to communicate about collaborative projects and keep each other informed of their opinions and progress.
- 8.2Chat(40) Ratings
Instant messaging tool allows users to communicate with select other users in real-time threads.
- 8.6Notifications(44) Ratings
Users can follow other users and/or join specific projects, electing to receive notifications when there are changes and updates.
- 9.1Discussions(43) Ratings
Users can join groups or message boards for forum-style collaboration.
- 7.8Surveys(34) Ratings
Users can create and participate in surveys to get input from other collaborators.
- 8.4Internal knowledgebase(33) Ratings
Users can author or access “How-to” help and reference tips about internal processes.
- 7.4Integrates with GoToMeeting(14) Ratings
Integrates with GoToMeeting for web conferencing.
- 6.5Integrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts(13) Ratings
Integrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts.
- 8.5Integrates with Outlook(33) Ratings
Integrates with Microsoft Outlook to tie in email threads.
Features that allow collaborators to view, work on, and organize files.
- 7Versioning(25) Ratings
Users can access the most up-to-date version of a document, track changes, and revert to older versions if needed.
- 8.5Video files(32) Ratings
Supports video file types
- 8.7Audio files(30) Ratings
Supports audio file types, such as .mp3, .mp4, and .wav
- 9Document collaboration(31) Ratings
Users can edit files and attach comments to files.
- 7.9Access control(30) Ratings
Users can control access to (shared) files, including different levels of access such as view-only or permission to edit.
- 8.6Advanced security features(27) Ratings
Includes advanced security features such as file encryption or remote data wipe.
- 7.9Integrates with Google Drive(14) Ratings
Integrates with Google's cloud storage platform, Google Drive.
- 9.3Device sync(24) Ratings
Device syncing that updates files connected to the cloud, keeping all files up to date regardless of where they are edited or viewed.
- Tech Details
- Comments and reactions.
- Encourages participation.
- Light and easy to use.
- People can dread using it.
- Lack of comfort in sharing personal info.
- Can be burdensome.
- Clear documented conversations.
- Easy to connect with coworkers.
- Consistent platform performance.
- Not all external partners have this platform.
- Some users are turned off by the social-media-like interface.
- It creates a common platform for employees to connect with one another on off-business topics and common interests.
- Leadership could share business updates with us on Yammer.
- Best Practices and Unique achievements were posted on Yammer community.
- The UI needs some improvement.
- No other point.
- Cross app communication
- dynamic communication
- Activity trackers
- Cross app communication UI
- Better time management using more detailed time stamps
- Work on UX
- Easy to set up, easy to work with, each to use. Not much of a learning curve, which makes it easy to get rolling in your organization.
- Works with text, photos, videos, files.
- In the cloud, and on mobile.
- Would be helpful to edit a post once it's been published (correcting typos, adding a few more sentences rather than start another post)
- Mobile app is good, but not as robust of an experience with critical needs such as "search" and accessing Yammer Notes
- When files are uploaded, there is no way to organize/view them say by alphabetical title, author, etc.
- It integrates into Office 365
- It provides company-wide connection on one platform
- It has mobile and desktop support
- It competes with tools present in other Office 365 products
- While integrated, it isn't intuitively accessible from multiple points in the ecosystem
- Other products achieve Yammer's outcomes in better ways
The ease of use affords users to keep their respective email inboxes a bit cleaner. Yammer has also been utilized as a social medium to keep users apprised of events and updates in other departments across the country.
- User interface.
- Ease of use.
- Lack of integration with other MS Office.
The user interface and quick and response.
It is not appropriate for detailed, in-depth conversations.
- Integrates extremely well with a range of MS applications like Office and SharePoint.
- Easy to integrate with 3rd party sides.
- Adoption by colleagues could take some time as not many have heard of it.
- Email notifications for posts you have missed/might be of interest to you. Prompts you to open up Yammer and see missed announcements. This helps you keep up to date.
- Stable application, rarely (if any) downtime which is important if you want staff to regularly refer back to it.
- Historical posts are stored and can easily be accessed. This means it can be used as a repository and new staff members can read past announcements.
- It needs better search functionality. It should allow you to filter search records by date or users or groups.
- Bland user interface. It's a clean interface, but the design could be uplifted. Might help with user engagement if the design was modernized.
- No clear way of organizing groups in the navigation menu which makes it hard to easily find groups you have to access.
- You can add members to a group, but you have to search for members by name. It would be good if it could show all company members not in the group so you can invite members you think should be in the group.
- It creates great collaboration.
- Easy method to stay in constant contact with other employees.
- It creates a casual, yet professional environment for people to share ideas.
- The UI isn’t the greatest.
- We’d like to see my updates to the platform to work out some kinks.
- Allow more customization by companies.
- Providing a platform for social news in the company where "bottom up" topics can percolate freely across department
- Social networking across the company where folks can divide their work into topics instead of teams
- Basic collaboration within a group including document sharing with ability to pin documents to a team
- User experience in Yammer, while improving on mobile, has been stagnant for years - it's the same product since 2014
- Integration with the other O365 features - such as O365 groups - is completely lacking
- It competes with other Microsoft products (Microsoft Teams, Kaizala) for collaboration tools
As long as the size of the network inside of Yammer is managed - likely partitioning a large organization into business units, etc., - then Yammer provides an excellent platform for social news and "bottom up" collaboration across teams. Its free-form posting style, including articles and polls for interactive content, helps break down silos across the organization. Contrasted with the boring world of email, Yammer is a tantalizing world of pictures, GIFs, and videos.
At LiveTiles, we share company and team news via Yammer, enabling others to see the progress and milestones - from a new office to a new customer - without the heavy burden of a company newsletter or similarly curated content. Even though we have fully adopted Teams for day-to-day, intra-team communication, Yammer is still the gold standard for inter-team communication.
- Social tagging
- Organization of project ideas
- File sharing
- Seems less robust than Microsoft Teams
- One more communication tool to use
- Notifications don’t always work
- Keeping employees connected across the enterprise
- The use of gifs and images
- Private message option
- I think the news feed should be updated chronologically, not by post "relevance" like many other social channels do now
I think it's best used for more casual announcements. I don't think it's appropriate to post something all employees NEED to see, like a fire drill announcement, because not everyone who needs to see it may see it.
It's still a struggle getting all our employees signed up for Yammer. While the process is easy, there was a lot of pushback because there are so many channels of communication in place already. We have maybe half of all employees on Yammer now. It's progress, but we may never have everyone signed up.
- Organized threads
- Easy File Share
- Channels could be better labeled
- Deleting can be difficult
- As with all similar products, tone is lost
- Communication on Yammer is great.
- Being an enterprise social media tool, it is only valuable if you actually want that for your company.
- There is a learning curve for using Yammer. It is not as straight forward as I expected.
- I suspect when a lot of people use it, it can become hard to keep up on all of it.
- Integrates with other Office products
- Small amount of computer resources
- I enjoy using Yammer for work communications. I really don't have any improvements that I can think of.
- Easy to navigate
- Fun to comment/interact
- Focused on uniting individuals
- Reactions instead of just likes.
- Track sub-threads more clearly.
- Easy to use- While training for a new database, we used Yammer to ask questions and it was great that it was so easy to use
- not sure where they could improve
- The feed allows you to see what is going on at a time that is convenient for you.
- You can join into conversations, like, reply, in a way that is comfortable for you when time allows.
- Easy to share resources and information with colleagues.
- Poll staff as needed to gather opinions.
- Organization Layout, maybe some ability to add more organization, such as color coding, etc.
- Easy to read panel
- Similar to other feeds
- Clean UI
- Should be able to hide comments on posts
- Can't change font color
- Similar to every other post service
- I enjoy being able to see an entire conversation thread between associates and that those comments and responses found a most useful filter to the top of a conversation.
- I like the additional features and functionality you can leverage within Yammer such as "Announcements" and how well Yammer groups integrate with respective SharePoint sites it might be associated with.
- Yammer is very easy to navigate and is user-friendly, making it easy to scale to new users who are not familiar with the platform.
- While Yammer is easy to use overall, it does have some quirks and can be a little limiting in what you can do within the app itself.
- Yammer is modeled after the social-networking generation. The platform does a great job of being user-friendly with efficient communication.
- Yammer is extremely easy to use. End-user training should be relatively straight-forward.
- Very robust networking opportunities within an organization.
- As it is modeled after a social-networking tool, Yammer runs the risk of straying too far from a business productivity tool.
- Layout customization is rather limited. There are other tools that offer more company-customization more effectively.
- Sharing and editing documents have quite a few limitations. There are many other online editors that can do work more efficiently and effectively.
On the other hand, Yammer can potentially err too much on the side of a social networking tool. There can be instances where this tool can actually cause slower productivity amongst employees. One has to be more careful due to the 'facebook-like' nature of this tool. Therefore, it is extremely important to have moderators who can help guide discussions and keep people relatively on-task during business hours.
- User-friendly social media within the company
- Fosters the formation of communities across the company
- Easy to push out announcements without spamming inboxes
- Sometimes it is not easy to search for past posts
- Can be perceived as more for fun rather than corporate
It is being used for the fulfillment of the following tasks: issuing of official communications to the staff, establishing communications between the executives of the company, organizing the logistics for the operation of business and personal events, publishing relevant and confidential information. Thanks to Yammer, the company has managed to strengthen the communication among the staff, obtaining favorable results through the optimization of the processes.
- Transmit information in real time, and fluidly.
- Encourages the collaboration and spontaneous participation from all, because all users are able to contribute ideas and knowledge.
- Contributes to the cohesion of all personnel--personally I feel included in the decisions of the company, because my contributions are taken into account.
- Promotes the initiation of productive communications, the possibility of sharing knowledge and experiences and of creating work teams to meet particular situations.
- I do not like the communications interface, I think they should improve the image, they should carry out a usability study in order to adapt the programs to different clients.
- It requires an excellent internet connection so that you can share documents, images or files with a lot of content, being in field work.
- Must offer a more creative and innovative image with aims that boost the creative sense of the staff.
It is not well adapted for the exclusive use of an exclusively personal communication network, considering that it is a work tool.
Marketing, HR and some other departments are not into another "team messagers", so through Yammer all departments can be notified with a important / interesting information. Yammer provides an effective way of communication in both small and large groups of people at one time. It's kinda like a company's "Facebook"
- Office365 content is shared with others
- Communication across the whole organization
- Acccess to private content
- Outlook integration
- UI is old
- UX is not perfect
- Mobile app is not user friendly