I have used it for infographics, structuring data for an executive presentation, and many other scenarios.
I used it for building a presentation and corporate mock-ups for AT&T, Dell SecureWorks, Jabil, and Verizon.
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of MindManager, and make your voice heard!
MindManager for Microsoft Teams
Contact sales team
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
MindManager aims to bring clarity and structure to plans, projects, and processes.
With it, the vendor says users can transform scattered ideas and information into dynamic visual mind maps, flowcharts, concept maps, matrices and other diagrams. They state users can also take control of their work, synthesize vast amounts of data, collaborate and communicate more effectively, and boost productivity to gain a competitive edge.
MindManager is a suite of visualization products that helps individuals and teams think more clearly, make better decisions, and get on the path to personal and organizational success.
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages||English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Chinese|
- Easy to create flow diagrams
- Easy to connect ideas when brainstorming
- Easy to share the projects with other people
- Once we had a problem to save a file and the work was lost
- At the beginning it is not so intuitive the way it works
- I would like to easily access more shapes and colors for the textboxes
- Mind Maps.
- Easy organize thoughts.
- Summary of meetings.
- I would love to use it on my iPad too.
- Break larger ideas into logically connected sub-ideas
- Add notes for the main buckets of work
- Export the maps and its links as well as notes
- Ease of navigation and map building
- Make it easier for companies to order the tool - focus on institutional sales
- Provides a one page view
- Allows you to identify gaps fast
- Forces more creative solutions
- A one-year subscription is not good for those of us who started using MindManager when it came on a disc. Life changes, jobs change, and devices change. One year on either a PC or Mac does not endear me to MindManager.
- It has logged me out a few times. When this happens and I am busy it is easier to use an alternative piece of tech.
- I would like the Mac and PC versions to be fully matched and interoperable.
- MindManager has an excellent library of templates to choose from they get you started quickly.
- MindManager is more simple to launch and learn versus other mind mapping software that can be quite complex to learn out of the box.
- In a cross-platform company such as ours, having the ability for users to patch him through both windows and mobile at the same time is a very helpful feature.
- Not able to add many different types of multi-media to the map (such as Video files, etc)
- Would like a broader range of Export options
- Automatic layouting when entering more/new items
- Additional information can be added to the items
- Easy handling by automation
- Multiple connections (n to n)
- Export functionality
- More easily co-editing (compare with Mural, Miro, Whiteboard etc.)
- Project Planning
- Project Management
- Customizing icons and colors in more areas is needed
- Making it easier to insert and manage due dates, which is slightly clunky and not as intuitive or "smart" technology-wise.
- Kill sales popups after pro versions have been purchased.
- I use it often to brainstorm and then arrange the topics into an outline.
- It's a very easy, graphical and flexible way to setup a to do list for both short and long term projects.
- I have also started using the flowchart capabilities to details experimental plans.
- I would like to be able to select several topics and group them, then color them as a group.
- Right when I select a set of topics and select Boundary, each topic gets its own boundary.
- I would like an easier process to customize my maps e.g. with specific fonts, colors, etc. I know that this can be done, but I would like it to be easier.
- In the latest version I'm having trouble linking to Outlook emails. This may be due to a change in outlook, but it is a capability that I really miss.
- The interface makes it very easy to use.
- The fonts and design elements make the maps easy to read.
- Exporting the maps to other formats is easy to do.
- I would like to be able to click and drag some elements to make it easier to read. Some things can get bunched.
- Always looking for templates from other users who are smarter than me.
- Resource planning
- Pricing model for 3rd world countries
- Project planning
- Idea generation
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Consider broadening the template options
- Bring back, as an option the older branching structure
- Continue to increase the video training library
- Consider integrating with Markdown as an option
- Being fast
- Weird offline issue where I couldn't use it on a plane because it needed to connect to a license?
- Not crashing on the MacOs
- Legacy support - the older templates were the best
- Very intuitive to use
- Provides the data in various mediums after the fact (export as PDF, Excel, etc.)
- Allows for co-editing
- it would be great if it published out to a PowerPoint
- more pre-defined templates
- more icons
- It captures and structures our information so that we don't lose sight of the important details.
- We are able to connect broad swathes of data and information to help keep us focused on the most important issues at stake.
- We can see at-a-glance where our time and effort need to be allocated.
- To date I haven't found any holes in the solution set—I'm impressed!
- Demonstrates interdependence of individual tasks and technologies.
- Allows faster and clearer reorganization of linkages than a system like Microsoft Visio.
- Improved integration to turn a collection of interdependent tasks into a Gantt Chart schedule.
- The co-editing feature makes collaborating with others a delight.
- Seems to be the most polished and feature-rich of all the mind mapping tools I've tried.
- Very flexible handles many different project types for various needs and goals.
- The pricing is a little high for solo users compared to other mind mapping tools, but the functionality justifies the cost.
- The Android app didn't let me edit my maps last time I tried to use it, would be nice to edit on the go.
- Would be nice if non-paying users could co-edit maps.
- Capture ideas as they are "discovered."
- Relate items that may seem to be unrelated.
- Go from the macro to the micro.
- Most grief is the whole update process. Every year going through it makes me think there has to be a better product.
- Simple to use
- Knowledge management
- Better UI
- Could have a chat feature
- Cloud availability
- Links different type of information very well
- Graphical layout is excellent for organizing the information
- Navigating the Mindmap is very easy
- The graphical layout could include a better way to integrate preset icons and more variety to make more interesting Mindmaps
- clean display
- simple to use
- easy to move and modify entries
- The marketing pop-ups to buy the latest version are infuriating. Almost makes me want to uninstall.
- Easy to start brainstorming and build out branches of an idea!
- Great for converting to other file types, such as Word and Excel.
- Great for problem solving and helping keep focus on an idea because it is more visual.
- The export to PPT feature is not great—causes a lot of rework.
- Hot keys were not easy to find or use because so many options exist.
- So many features were available it was almost overwhelming the more I learned.
- Couldn't get collaboration to work.
- Organizing course materials
- Mapping academic concepts
- Task planning
- At times, it starts to crash for no reason and does so multiple times.
- Add more case studies of creative ways to use it.
- Improve on support.
- Improve on training.
- Captures creativity and creates a feedback loop.
- Ideas on MindManager canvas help organize thinking and planning and implementation. It makes the whole of any project digestible and manageable.
- Process documentation for product creation clarifies the Who, What, When, Where and Why so our output is quality consistent and value driven for our clients.
- Personal satisfaction ranks high when using MindManager for any occasion.
- I would like to see more instructional videos for new users because when I first began, the beginner videos were not that great and not that many.
- A paid help hotline for users who want that personal help option to answer specific questions. Even if you limited the questions to one a week, it would be a great option to offer.
- You had that service a long time ago but I don't believe you have it any longer.
- Visualizing an overview of a recently read book.
- Walking thru a process.
- Importing large MS Project files to see visually.
- In 2021, they removed the export to PowerPoint feature. They were good to provide me a refund. I will stay with 2020 until the feature is put back.
- It seems that after the Corel purchase they have lost their way. I am looking for an alternative product and really like Lucid.
- Ability to import in a Word document.
- Great to segment things out (projects, organizational charts, processes, workloads, etc) and gives you a full picture of the job.
- It is user friendly, simple to use, and powerful.
- MS Office and Teams integration is great. Allows for easy collaboration.
- Great GUI and visuals
- Excellent method for project planning and brainstorming
- It can be difficult to print your mind map in a font that is large enough to easily read.
- Certain features for first-time users are a bit daunting and there is a slight learning curve.
- The help options can be enhanced.