TRUE
TRUE
MindManager

The best mind mapping tool out there

I use Mindmanger in my organization for the purposes of self leadership. The business problem it addresses is getting things out of my …

Using MindManager in academic research

I run an academic research lab. I use it to plan my days, weeks and quarters e.g. I have a map called "Today" that keeps me on track along …

MindManager review

We are using MindManager to map our taxonomy and share it with different teams. It is being used by our department, but the access is to …

Engineer's Use of MindManager

MindManager is used within our project group to display system architectures and to capture and link requirements for complex systems. It …

Annual Subscription

$169

per year

One-Time Cost

$349

per perpetual license

Organizations

Contact sales team

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.mindmanager.com/en/pages/my…

What is MindManager?

MindManager aims to bring clarity and structure to plans, projects, and processes.

With it, the vendor says users can transform scattered ideas and information into dynamic visual mind maps, flowcharts, concept maps, matrices and other diagrams. They state users can also take control of their work, synthesize vast amounts of data, collaborate and communicate more effectively, and boost productivity to gain a competitive edge.

MindManager is presented as a suite of intuitive visualization products that helps individuals and teams think more clearly, make better decisions, and get on the path to personal and organizational success.

MindManager Features

• Supported: Strategic Planning
  • Supported: Task Management
  • Supported: Workflow Management

MindManager Screenshots

MindManager Product SuiteMindManager for MacMindManager for Microsoft TeamsMindManager SnapMindManager GoMind Maps in MindManagerOrganizational Charts in MindManagerTimelines  in MindManagerFlowcharts  in MindManagerVenn & Onion Diagrams  in MindManagerKanban Boards  in MindManagerFunnel Charts  in MindManagerMatrix Diagrams  in MindManager

MindManager Video

Get the right things done faster, better, and more connected with MindManager by bringing clarity and structure to plans, projects, and processes. Transform scattered ideas and information into dynamic visual mind maps, flowcharts, concept maps, matrices, and other diagrams. ...

MindManager Downloadables

MindManager Integrations

MindManager Competitors

MindManager Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported LanguagesEnglish, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Chinese

Alternatives

What is MindManager?

MindManager is a mind mapping and project management tool that aims to boost users’ productivity. It is designed to facilitate a wide range of project types, and includes cross-platform functionality and 3rd party integrations.

What are MindManager's top competitors?

Xmind and Lucidchart are common alternatives for MindManager.

What is MindManager's best feature?

Reviewers rate Availability and Performance and Implementation Rating highest, with a score of 9.1.

Who uses MindManager?

The most common users of MindManager are from Enterprises and the Higher Education industry.

Dan Ryan | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • The interface makes it very easy to use.
  • The fonts and design elements make the maps easy to read.
  • Exporting the maps to other formats is easy to do.
  • I would like to be able to click and drag some elements to make it easier to read. Some things can get bunched.
  • Always looking for templates from other users who are smarter than me.
Carrie Scott | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • It captures and structures our information so that we don't lose sight of the important details.
  • We are able to connect broad swathes of data and information to help keep us focused on the most important issues at stake.
  • We can see at-a-glance where our time and effort need to be allocated.
  • To date I haven't found any holes in the solution set—I'm impressed!
Drew Harrison | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • The co-editing feature makes collaborating with others a delight.
  • Seems to be the most polished and feature-rich of all the mind mapping tools I've tried.
  • Very flexible handles many different project types for various needs and goals.
  • The pricing is a little high for solo users compared to other mind mapping tools, but the functionality justifies the cost.
  • The Android app didn't let me edit my maps last time I tried to use it, would be nice to edit on the go.
  • Would be nice if non-paying users could co-edit maps.
  • I use it often to brainstorm and then arrange the topics into an outline.
  • It's a very easy, graphical and flexible way to setup a to do list for both short and long term projects.
  • I have also started using the flowchart capabilities to details experimental plans.
  • I would like to be able to select several topics and group them, then color them as a group.
  • Right when I select a set of topics and select Boundary, each topic gets its own boundary.
  • I would like an easier process to customize my maps e.g. with specific fonts, colors, etc. I know that this can be done, but I would like it to be easier.
  • In the latest version I'm having trouble linking to Outlook emails. This may be due to a change in outlook, but it is a capability that I really miss.
  • Project planning
  • Idea generation
  • Problem solving
  • Decision making
  • Consider broadening the template options
  • Bring back, as an option the older branching structure
  • Continue to increase the video training library
  • Consider integrating with Markdown as an option
  • Demonstrates interdependence of individual tasks and technologies.
  • Allows faster and clearer reorganization of linkages than a system like Microsoft Visio.
  • Improved integration to turn a collection of interdependent tasks into a Gantt Chart schedule.
  • Capture ideas as they are "discovered."
  • Relate items that may seem to be unrelated.
  • Go from the macro to the micro.
  • Most grief is the whole update process. Every year going through it makes me think there has to be a better product.
Miquiel Banks | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • MM is particularly suited for Corporate and Business Mapping because it taps into a person's visual understanding and its power to standardize learning and education is unparalleled.
  • MM is an all-in-one Productivity Tool, possibly the first of its kind. In its early days, it was cited as the sixth member of MS Office and that was a well-stated idea. Imagine being able to visually map out data and content, update it visually, exporting it to MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint, interact with MS Outlook, and interact/work with MS Sharepoint? This is the perfect tool if you use Windows, MS Office, MS Sharepoint, or MS Outlook!
  • MM is a personal (Virtual) assistant for me, it allows me to focus on creative thinking, brainstorming, and ideation so I can compete in the Marketplace. I use it to create Worksheets and Cheat Sheets to remember data, crunch numbers, and assess any situation with the most informed decisions.
  • The only problem I see with MM is learning how to create Templates and change the "visual" aspects of how a map looks.
  • Workshop capture and management: a fluid data capture tool that is unsurpassed for planning and recording information captured on the fly.
  • Content planning and organisation: the ability to develop large and complex output documents by beginning with an unstructured set of ideas that gradually take on shape and structure as you progress because of the ease in which you can reorganise your thoughts and information.
  • Ability to generate output in multiple formats: being able to generate output of maps in a range of formats including Word documents, drilldown maps, table-like structures, etc. means that there is always a way of disseminating the content of maps to any audience.
  • Native iOS application.
  • Reintroduction of the web-client to allow mapping via a web browser.
  • More comprehensive images library.
  • It helps us organize our thinking both individually and collectively.
  • It allows us to signify (vote up/vote down) key pieces of our thinking and to negotiate the categorizations that we might apply
  • The ease of use and the ability to make changes on the fly in real-time allows us to keep the conversation flowing at a pace that keeps everyone engaged - super low friction
  • I confess that MindManager already has way more functionality than I use so there are no shortfalls in my experience. Perhaps one area would be the format painter? Sometimes I find that a bit finicky.
  • Linking branches on a map is sometimes a bit clunky - I find it difficult to manipulate the handles on the connectors.
  • I'm just nitpicking now...fundamentally I have no cons to offer.
Jeffrey Berman | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Organizing & reorganizing ideas into actionable plans: the mapping workflow makes it incredibly easy to get ideas onto the page, and then group or reorganize topics.
  • Integration with Outlook: calendar items are fully linked and searchable. I use the Resource list to find notes related to a specific person instantly, even years in the past!
  • Smart filters by tags, icons or label: instantly filter down to specific types of information using a nearly limitless variety of word or icon tags.
  • Task roll-up: quickly see progress on multi-step projects.
  • Kanban view: needs more work to compete with establish task management apps.
  • Cross-map dashboards, to collect specific markers together on master map.
  • Flowcharting capabilities: still hard to use for formal flowcharts compared to other tools (e.g. Lucidchart).
  • Tech support response time: it took a very long time to get technical support on a recent ticket.
July 08, 2021

Great

Rosemary Hershey | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Captures creativity and creates a feedback loop.
  • Ideas on MindManager canvas help organize thinking and planning and implementation. It makes the whole of any project digestible and manageable.
  • Process documentation for product creation clarifies the Who, What, When, Where and Why so our output is quality consistent and value driven for our clients.
  • Personal satisfaction ranks high when using MindManager for any occasion.
  • I would like to see more instructional videos for new users because when I first began, the beginner videos were not that great and not that many.
  • A paid help hotline for users who want that personal help option to answer specific questions. Even if you limited the questions to one a week, it would be a great option to offer.
  • You had that service a long time ago but I don't believe you have it any longer.
Pascal Gambardella | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Creating mind maps and concept maps.
  • Providing an extensive set of templates to create different diagrams for many situations (e.g., strategic, project, and knowledge management).
  • Publishing maps that are accessible to anyone.
  • Ability to link maps.
  • Adding internal and external graphics to maps.
  • Ability to turn off auto-connection when topics in a free-form map get too close.
  • A more extensive internal graphics library.
  • Add a "causal loop diagram" template. It is a feedback diagram in System Dynamics.
Chetana Kakade | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Mind Manager is very well structured.
  • It is user friendly and gets explored when used.
  • The color and line effect adds to visual effects.
  • Can add more icons.
  • Make the above Ribbon smaller.
  • Make the play area bigger.
May 19, 2021

Great product

• Organize a lot of information easily.
  • Track and organize website research.
  • Graphically portray information to others.
  • Create outlines for writing long complicated documents.
  • Tag information on MindManager Snap.
  • Ability to print portions of maps.
  • Better (targeted and short) training videos and training opportunities.
  • Better Help feature.
  • Great to segment things out (projects, organizational charts, processes, workloads, etc) and gives you a full picture of the job.
  • It is user friendly, simple to use, and powerful.
  • MS Office and Teams integration is great. Allows for easy collaboration.
  • Great GUI and visuals
  • Excellent method for project planning and brainstorming
  • It can be difficult to print your mind map in a font that is large enough to easily read.
  • Certain features for first-time users are a bit daunting and there is a slight learning curve.
  • The help options can be enhanced.
  • Interface is ideal for summarizing ideas and knowledge.
  • Cross-platform compatibility allows teams in different areas with different hardware to collaborate.
  • Information can easily be updated when necessary.
  • Users had trouble assigning due dates to tasks.
  • Free alternatives like Lucidchart and Pinboard are available.
  • Easily links external sources on contacts such as LinkedIn profiles, published articles etc. so that is quickly accessible and all in one place.
  • When learning new players in the org, MindManager is the fastest tool I have found to move people around in the org chart, put in topic buttons to call attention to "red flags" in a visual way. Also very easy to link people in a "power base" who are not directly in someone's reporting chain.
  • Easy to brainstorm ideas with team members, and share the link out to the team. Brings the white board session easily to the Zoom meeting and so much better than using static documents like PowerPoint, etc.
  • I find formatting a challenge. Example, make all the boxes the same format and fonts so when you add a box, it understands the format of the top level box.
  • I have played around with some of the templates but find creating my own each time is better route. The project plan template is very good but I find myself deleting boxes and again, takes more time than creating a new map every time.
  • I try to get colleagues to use MM but they are intimidated by the UI. I am really comfortable with it but to them it can look more complex than it really is.