MindManager

MindManager Reviews

TRUE

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Miquiel Banks | TrustRadius Reviewer
MindManager (MM) is not being used professionally in our organization (team-wise). However, I use it for process mapping, org charts, and other data-driven infographics to help the engineering supervisor, leads, and team operate more efficiently. MM is invaluable for working on the ECN process, mapping out projects, recording meeting minutes, and helping to distill information across an entire team and/or department.

MM solves several business problems, ranging from project management, project requirements, task management, meeting minutes, SharePoint mapping, presentations, documentation, and seeing the big picture and small picture. It provides executives, team leads, supervisors, and employees [a way] to assess a situation accurately, manage that assessment, and provide visual feedback to other employees.
  • MM is particularly suited for Corporate and Business Mapping because it taps into a person's visual understanding and its power to standardize learning and education is unparalleled.
  • MM is an all-in-one Productivity Tool, possibly the first of its kind. In its early days, it was cited as the sixth member of MS Office and that was a well-stated idea. Imagine being able to visually map out data and content, update it visually, exporting it to MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint, interact with MS Outlook, and interact/work with MS Sharepoint? This is the perfect tool if you use Windows, MS Office, MS Sharepoint, or MS Outlook!
  • MM is a personal (Virtual) assistant for me, it allows me to focus on creative thinking, brainstorming, and ideation so I can compete in the Marketplace. I use it to create Worksheets and Cheat Sheets to remember data, crunch numbers, and assess any situation with the most informed decisions.
  • The only problem I see with MM is learning how to create Templates and change the "visual" aspects of how a map looks.
Well Suited - Presentations, Meeting Minutes, Gathering Project Requirements, Project Management, Documentation, Technical Writing, Scheduling, Sharepoint/Site Mgmt, Visual/Task integration with MS Outlook.
I benefit from organizing information, structuring content, and developing strategies.

I have used it for infographics, structuring data for an executive presentation, and many other scenarios.

I used it for building a presentation and corporate mock-ups for AT&T, Dell SecureWorks, Jabil, and Verizon.
MindManager is one of our most widely used products across the organisation. It is our primary product of choice for the various functions, including client consulting, project management, solutions brainstorming, work tracking, productivity management, etc.

The reason for its ubiquitous presence is that it provides a richly capable canvas for capturing and organising all forms of data that need some form of structured and yet, still fluid organisation. It has become popular with users due to its flexibility to support a diverse range of information management needs without requiring any preparation or complex setup.
  • Workshop capture and management: a fluid data capture tool that is unsurpassed for planning and recording information captured on the fly.
  • Content planning and organisation: the ability to develop large and complex output documents by beginning with an unstructured set of ideas that gradually take on shape and structure as you progress because of the ease in which you can reorganise your thoughts and information.
  • Ability to generate output in multiple formats: being able to generate output of maps in a range of formats including Word documents, drilldown maps, table-like structures, etc. means that there is always a way of disseminating the content of maps to any audience.
  • Native iOS application.
  • Reintroduction of the web-client to allow mapping via a web browser.
  • More comprehensive images library.
MindManager is the ideal tool for all fluid and free-flow information capture. Example scenarios:
  1. You can pre-build the structure of a map for a workshop so that you can 'fill in the blanks' in front of your client rather than having to spend unnecessary time creating the structure in situ. This is especially useful as it means you don't miss the capture of important details.
  2. Developing a large document is super-easy in MindManager as you can progressively add, prune and reorganise information via drag and drop. Being able to collapse any section of the map at will means you can visualise how the overall end result will look without having to spend time scrolling through 'irrelevant' sections.
The ability to dynamically visualise and structure information is central to what we do as an organisation.

We are a consulting organisation that spends most of its time working with clients to determine their business requirements and identify solutions to meet those requirements. When we run client-engagement sessions (such as workshops), we use pre-defined mind maps that contain the key components we intend to cover in a workshop. As a consultant delivers the workshop they are able to expand and collapse sections to ensure the client can focus on the current topic at hand and not get 'lost in the noise.'

During workshops clients will often want to reorganise their needs and requirements. The ability to move whole sections of maps is incredibly easier in MindManager thereby allowing the audience to see the immediate impact of such changes - something. you cannot do well with any other form of capture medium.

Furthermore, MindManager allows the capture of rich information within a map, beyond simple text which makes the experience for the audience even more compelling. Some examples of this include:
  • The ability to attach documents such as PDFs and images in a map to ensure all relevant collateral is available directly as needed.
  • The ability to capture tasks, such as follow-up actions you want to assign to a workshop attendee.
Carrie Scott | TrustRadius Reviewer
MindManager is the easiest way for me to brainstorm with other colleagues and bring our ideas to life through visualization techniques. We are able to collaborate seamlessly and roadmap new projects, from concept to completion.
  • It captures and structures our information so that we don't lose sight of the important details.
  • We are able to connect broad swathes of data and information to help keep us focused on the most important issues at stake.
  • We can see at-a-glance where our time and effort needs to be allocated.
  • To date I haven't found any holes in the solution set—I'm impressed!
It is best suited for teams that must work closely together on projects. I've found it particularly useful during the pandemic because the remote collaboration tools are incredible. From small, fast-turn projects to long-haul projects, it's been very useful in keeping us on track.
Some people are better at absorbing information when it is presented visually. For that reason, I have found this solution to work particularly well. The content is all there, it's just mapped out in a way that resonates for all team members.
We use MindManager in a variety of situations: brainstorming, note taking, process design generation, process design refinement, survey design, etc. etc. It is used across our organization by all our creative professionals. It is our go to tool for thinking individually as well as collaboratively - we use it to design and facilitate conversations with our clients and partners.
  • It helps us organize our thinking both individually and collectively.
  • It allows us to signify (vote up/vote down) key pieces of our thinking and to negotiate the categorizations that we might apply
  • The ease of use and the ability to make changes on the fly in real-time allows us to keep the conversation flowing at a pace that keeps everyone engaged - super low friction
  • I confess that MindManager already has way more functionality than I use so there are no shortfalls in my experience. Perhaps one area would be the format painter? Sometimes I find that a bit finicky.
  • Linking branches on a map is sometimes a bit clunky - I find it difficult to manipulate the handles on the connectors.
  • I'm just nitpicking now...fundamentally I have no cons to offer.
I recommend MindManager to all of my clients, students, and partners. When they see how I use the tool in a live demonstration and can see how it supports the work flow and conversation, they want to try it for themselves. I have recommended MindManager to more than 40 or 50 people in the last 2-3 years.
<div>Here are three specific examples:</div><div><ol><li>Scoping and bounding a client engagement over the course of several conversations - often our clients are only able to give us time in 20-30 minute segments, and we need to maintain continuity over those meetings. We have scoped out complex client engagements using MM as the visual continuity tool with the client.</li><li>Designing public consultations - MM has helped us track the key stakeholders that must be engaged and their interests in focus. It has helped us maintain the scope of the consultation and determine formats/techniques for each target audience.</li><li>End of Project Debriefs - we use MindManager for our lessons learned. We recently ran a lessons learned session in less than a quarter of the usual time taken by using a smart prompt and a simple MM template to support content capture.<br></li></ol></div>
July 08, 2021

Great

Rosemary Hershey | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used across the whole company for layout of ideas, setting goals, broadening creativity, visual confirmation of product planning, growth and accountability. We may start the map asking a question as the main topic. Example, "How can I use 80/20 principle to lose weight?" And from that topic, branch out into subtopics, etc. etc. that offer options and solutions.
  • Captures creativity and creates a feedback loop.
  • Ideas on MindManager canvas help organize thinking and planning and implementation. It makes the whole of any project digestible and manageable.
  • Process documentation for product creation clarifies the Who, What, When, Where and Why so our output is quality consistent and value driven for our clients.
  • Personal satisfaction ranks high when using MindManager for any occasion.
  • I would like to see more instructional videos for new users because when I first began, the beginner videos were not that great and not that many.
  • A paid help hotline for users who want that personal help option to answer specific questions. Even if you limited the questions to one a week, it would be a great option to offer.
  • You had that service a long time ago but I don't believe you have it any longer.
Specifically well suited for outlining the writing of a new book.
Specifically well suited for setting up an online course for clients.
Well suited for planning any project either personal or business.
Less suited for accounting, banking, more rigid types of work.
MindManager is tremendously helpful to me because I can see what I write in its totality in one place. A One page MindManager Map might become a 100 page ebook or a 6 week training course. All the topics and subtopics in one Map has helped me produce several ebooks on Amazon has sparked new ideas for new publications and courses.
Over the years, I've used MindManager for everything from creating market research reports to eLearning course development and website design. It is simply the most intuitive and logical way to organize information visually and it's become a critical tool in my outlining and writing process. It makes it a breeze to move chunks of information around spatially as a body of written work develops. I won't take on a writing project without it.
  • Visual outlining of information.
  • Moving and reorganizing information as the project evolves.
  • Flexible export formats.
  • Backwards compatibility after exporting.
  • Document comparison for easy updates and edits after export.
  • More outlining and numbering options when exporting.
Best suited for ANY writing project, especially when organizing information and outlining.
Maybe not best suited for spreadsheet work?
MindManager has made it possible for me to develop an internal website for Nike, write biofuel handling manuals, produce market research reports, and develop college-level eLearning courses, among other things. It has simply opened a realm of possibilities for creativity and professional development. It absolutely should be a tool in everyone's professional resource kit.
Pascal Gambardella | TrustRadius Reviewer
I extensively use MindManager in my work as a modeler and trainer. For example, I use it to create and publish concept maps and trainings. A recent feature is the ability to publish interactive mind-maps.
  • Creating mind maps and concept maps.
  • Providing an extensive set of templates to create different diagrams for many situations (e.g., strategic, project, and knowledge management).
  • Publishing maps that are accessible to anyone.
  • Ability to link maps.
  • Adding internal and external graphics to maps.
  • Ability to turn off auto-connection when topics in a free-form map get too close.
  • A more extensive internal graphics library.
  • Add a "causal loop diagram" template. It is a feedback diagram in System Dynamics.
Well-suited uses: brain-storming, creating knowledge maps, managing projects, etc. I use it to manage most of my personal information. However, I can only use it on my PC. Evernote is better at capturing information from the web using multiple platforms (PC, ipad, iphone). MindManager can help organize the concepts collected for articles and books.
People have complemented the material on my Resources Maps page and my System Dynamics page. Meetings have gone well when we used MindManager to collect information or brainstorm.
Harjit Singh, MS, MBA, PMP, CSM, LSSBB, ITILv4 | TrustRadius Reviewer
MindManager is the vehicle through which I transfer knowledge to my students very effectively. I use this tool not only to develop class lectures but I also use it for classroom discussions, brainstorming, and collaboration. MindManager allows me to develop interactive classroom activities very effectively for enhanced learning of my students.
  • Brainstorming
  • Root Cause Analysis
  • Project Planning
  • Knowledge Sharing
  • More capabilities for project schedule management
  • Project portfolio management
  • Integration with SharePoint and MS Project
MindManager is great tool for project planning and task management. It is also very well suited for creating impressive dashboards quickly for management reporting, status tracking, and collaboration. It is a one-stop-shop for visual overview of detailed information. I think it is also a very effective and easy to use tool for project management. Plus, it is fun to use.

MindManager may be less appropriate to some extent in large complex projects but it can still add significant value if used along with other tools for management of complex large projects.
I love MindManager. I use it to develop my classroom lectures, develop/conduct interactive group activities, conduct brainstorming, for collaboration, create stunning visual dashboards, manage tasks, map processes, managing knowledge, manage documents, develop organization charts, plan projects, performing root cause analysis, generate ideas, develop outline (blueprint of research papers and books), develop book summaries, and a lot more.
May 19, 2021

Great product

I am a solo practitioner, but I have shared MindManager maps in consulting projects with clients and consultant partners
  • Organize a lot of information easily.
  • Track and organize website research.
  • Graphically portray information to others.
  • Create outlines for writing long complicated documents.
  • Tag information on MindManager Snap.
  • Ability to print portions of maps.
  • Better (targeted and short) training videos and training opportunities.
  • Better Help feature.
I recommend it all the time.
We have used MindManager within our department to produce process flowcharts, process planning, project management, and notetaking. We found that it boosts productivity by allowing everyone involved in a project to collaborate as it has tight integration with MS Office and other business tools such as Microsoft Teams. It takes less effort to use compared to other tools and it was a great tool that we used to collectively gain visualization of our projects and processes.
  • Great to segment things out (projects, organizational charts, processes, workloads, etc) and gives you a full picture of the job.
  • It is user friendly, simple to use, and powerful.
  • MS Office and Teams integration is great. Allows for easy collaboration.
  • Great GUI and visuals
  • Excellent method for project planning and brainstorming
  • It can be difficult to print your mind map in a font that is large enough to easily read.
  • Certain features for first-time users are a bit daunting and there is a slight learning curve.
  • The help options can be enhanced.
I like how user-friendly MindManager is for someone who has learned how to use the program. I've tried many mind mapping tools, both online and offline and I find MindManager does it right the first time without any issues. It is also visually perfect, very intuitive, and offers all features you might need. MindManager produces really sharp and professional maps that can be used on screen shares and presentations without any hesitation. It is suited well for organizing personal projects and tasks. I use it to manage most of my personal information when not doing departmental projects and tasks.
MindManager has a good number of templates that one can use to easily create flowcharts, organization charts, and workflow processes. There are also a good number of built-in icons and images in the repository that can be added to flowcharts. We used to use a Microsoft product to conduct the same work and it took a significant amount of time to produce. While exploring MindManager, we were quite impressed with how much time was saved using the program and also adding added features such as collaboration.
A team can collaborate on the same project but cannot create a shared project file. It would be helpful for that feature to be added.
Used within Enterprise Sales to map organizational charts, develop sales campaigns and strategies. Collaboration tool used with team members to organize the account information, like to external web sites, LinkedIn profiles, Google Drive documents, reports, and Salesforce opportunity records and keep everything in a single map.
  • Easily links external sources on contacts such as LinkedIn profiles, published articles etc. so that is quickly accessible and all in one place.
  • When learning new players in the org, MindManager is the fastest tool I have found to move people around in the org chart, put in topic buttons to call attention to "red flags" in a visual way. Also very easy to link people in a "power base" who are not directly in someone's reporting chain.
  • Easy to brainstorm ideas with team members, and share the link out to the team. Brings the white board session easily to the Zoom meeting and so much better than using static documents like PowerPoint, etc.
  • I find formatting a challenge. Example, make all the boxes the same format and fonts so when you add a box, it understands the format of the top level box.
  • I have played around with some of the templates but find creating my own each time is better route. The project plan template is very good but I find myself deleting boxes and again, takes more time than creating a new map every time.
  • I try to get colleagues to use MM but they are intimidated by the UI. I am really comfortable with it but to them it can look more complex than it really is.
Love the org charting, linking external documents, web pages, salesforce opportunities all in a single place. When their profile changes on LinkedIn you never have to go back and update your org because it is live linked to the map.

I like to use it to capture meeting notes and organize my next steps. I can link MS or Google docs right into the sheet, with all the data in a live map.

I used MindManger when I onboarded to a new position to organize the training topics, and add live links into materials I knew I would one day want to revisit. This made it easy for me to have all my onboarding and training information organized and available without digging through a Shared Google Drive or a sales enablement tool. I save great PowerPoints into this map for future reference too!
Demo flow: Organized the flow of a custom demo, linking value props and feature positioning. Allowed me to easily develop my presentation script once the flow was agreed upon. Saved time and the team was aligned visually while fully documenting along the way.

Territory Planning: Organize top targets into A/B/C accounts. Easily link customer case studies or proof points with the map. Easy to update as the territory builds out without recreating in a static document. I export map portions into PPT and share with leadership.
[We] use the product for brainstorming, project management, and documentation. It is very easy to use and allows expressing ideas and voting with team members on product design and offerings.

Word documents are great, but mind mapping allows you to fast-track ideas and get buy-in quickly. Most people hate reading manuals - this is a much easier format to consume if you are a visual person.
  • Brainstorming of ideas
  • Voting on features
  • Quick, fast documentation for those who do not like to type a lot
  • Project management - allows a catalog of resources/people that are available across multiple maps.
Simple, easy-to-use software that allows visualization of ideas, processes, workflows. Ditch writing huge product specifications with this product. Assign and track tasks easily from the same product specification.
Visualizing integration between two separate and disconnected platforms. Team members were just not getting how a file that would be transmitted between 2 platforms would keep these platforms in sync. I generated a mindmap that showed the fields in the file that tied the 2 platforms together and how a change in one platform impacted the other. Until this happened, the teams struggled to understand and the project got back on track quickly.
Mostly for mind maps to capture business needs to create requirements. There are people who use it to track task activities related to these items.
  • Capture ideas as they are "discovered."
  • Relate items that may seem to be unrelated.
  • Go from the macro to the micro.
  • Most grief is the whole update process. Every year going through it makes me think there has to be a better product.
Great for getting all the details related to an outcome. Works from big to small. I don't think it would work well for small to big. I can have a concept and then go to what needs to be done, what features to include, who would we implement, etc.
It is a good way to bring a new leader on board. Our process can seem simple to an outsider and mind manger allows us to create a picture that shows all the touch points that make the process complex.
[MindManager is] used locally by individuals or very small groups to organize different types of information[.]
  • Links different type of information very well
  • Graphical layout is excellent for organizing the information
  • Navigating the Mindmap is very easy
  • The graphical layout could include a better way to integrate preset icons and more variety to make more interesting Mindmaps
[MindManager is well suited for] collecting and organizing various types of information is very appropriate[.]

Managing tasks for a project timeline may not be very easily done on a MindMap[.]
It helps to have all of the information related to a project collected in a single Mindmap that can be easily navigated to provide information on project progress. It also allows for defining what's missing more accurately because you can see how the various pieces of data connect to each other as well as when there are missing connections.
It is used as a tool to analyze academic concepts for research, illustrating and linking course materials from several courses.
  • Organizing course materials
  • Mapping academic concepts
  • Presentations
  • Workflow
  • Task planning
  • At times, it starts to crash for no reason and does so multiple times.
  • Add more case studies of creative ways to use it.
  • Improve on support.
  • Improve on training.
Suited for concepts mapping. Unsuitable for almost nothing.
MindManager has helped me break down lecture content, technical engineering concepts into very small bites. The value I found was in its ability to then link these small knowledge bites to other knowledge bites within the same or different domains all being done in a visual layout. The system was instrumental in enhancing my deep understanding of technical concepts because of the capabilities it renders users to creatively modify knowledge visual bites they created around a specific topic.
I have a single-user license. I enjoy using MindManager to map out my thoughts and ideas when I'm working on a challenging problem or investigation. I learned about MM from a colleague in my company, and I was able to get approval to purchase MM2019.
  • clean display
  • simple to use
  • easy to move and modify entries
  • The marketing pop-ups to buy the latest version are infuriating. Almost makes me want to uninstall.
Extremely well suited for Lean 6-sigma projects, problem solving (5 why's), and mind mapping thoughts around complex issues. Very good for brainstorming with colleagues since entry is very simple on the fly
Jeffrey Berman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am currently the only MindManager user at our organization. I use it for all of my meeting notes, project management and process planning. When presenting to colleagues I use it instead of PowerPoint. After presentations I share the HTML version for users to reference.

I am able to link to all of my disparate data/files related to a project, for easy retrieval on-demand. Others in the organization have many different tools for project management, strategic planning etc., but MindManager brings everything into one workspace for me.

I've tried to use MindManager for task management, but the tools are not fully matured to compete with Jira/Trello, Microsoft Planner. The introduction of Kanban boards is a good first step, and I look forward to continued development in the area of the application. It would be great to keep all of my project management in one application!
  • Organizing & reorganizing ideas into actionable plans: the mapping workflow makes it incredibly easy to get ideas onto the page, and then group or reorganize topics.
  • Integration with Outlook: calendar items are fully linked and searchable. I use the Resource list to find notes related to a specific person instantly, even years in the past!
  • Smart filters by tags, icons or label: instantly filter down to specific types of information using a nearly limitless variety of word or icon tags.
  • Task roll-up: quickly see progress on multi-step projects.
  • Kanban view: needs more work to compete with establish task management apps.
  • Cross-map dashboards, to collect specific markers together on master map.
  • Flowcharting capabilities: still hard to use for formal flowcharts compared to other tools (e.g. Lucidchart).
  • Tech support response time: it took a very long time to get technical support on a recent ticket.
Well suited for all business planning: strategic, project and brainstorming. I have not used MindManager collaboratively, so I don't know how well it works across multiple team members for project management. Groups always appreciate when I run meeting or presentation in MindManager: all types of employees naturally understand the mapping workflow, although some prefer when I use the Outline View when I share notes.

I use MindManager to successfully manage large projects, from initial ideation and scoping, to discovery and requirements, and to follow the project through to completion and retrospective. Budgets are easy to track inside the app, but the specific day-to-day tasks are usually handled in other applications, leaving the higher-level (milestones) to be tracked in MindManager. I haven't been able to replicate the flexible of applications specifically designed for task management inside MindManager.
Our cloud data initiative, is a massive project, encompassing data governance, culture and technology across the organization. MindManager allows us to plan and share our vision with all staff levels, from c-suite to front line staff, by showing only relevant details for each audience. We are able to focus on high level topics, and drill down on the fly to a very granular level when needed.

For technical process documentation, MindManager's ability to link to external documents allows us to create a comprehensive knowledge base, accessible to all staff and external partners without a license, using the HTML export!
Nancy Mejias | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used MindManager to create maps and charts for my teaching curriculum. It allows me to visualize all the content I need to teach and the time it will take me to accomplish the schedule. I have to change several times because of COVID-19, I could not teach certain topics, and it was easy to modify everything needed without starting a new plan and charts. I am the first one in my organization to use it.
  • Helps you to focus.
  • Good for time management.
  • Easy to visualize progress, awesome selection of diagram, charts, etc.
  • Training is required to get the most of the program.
  • Most of the functionality that I need to accomplish my goal was given.
  • More example of the use of the program for education will be helpful.
I use the program to create several curriculums with the frame. It was great. However, I am the only one using the program. Spring Education Group is managing schools nationwide, and The Sagemont School is one of them. I do not know if Spring Education Group is going to use this program. I use it as a free version.
Definitely, the visualization and structure of the information is amazing. I was able to create my curriculum and visualize the changes that I need to make without delay. Because I create three levels of the curriculum with the same content and the modification that I need to do was simple. If I use another program, it will probably take me hours to do the same.
Chetana Kakade | TrustRadius Reviewer
MindManager is being used across the whole Organization. It helps in planning the projects and helps us see where the project is heading. It is well structured and is user friendly. I need not take any course to learn MindManager. It explains and gets explored itself while using it.
  • Mind Manager is very well structured.
  • It is user friendly and gets explored when used.
  • The color and line effect adds to visual effects.
  • Can add more icons.
  • Make the above Ribbon smaller.
  • Make the play area bigger.
I develop Database for my Organization. It helps me a lot in planning the tables along with its primary and foreign keys. I also use this software in planning the project. It helps me visualize the next steps and helps me planning see the project running ahead. The curved lines make it more useful while connecting different parts of the project segments.
We use MindManager to diagram cloud networks for customers. MindManager allows us to provide the customer with a high-level overview of their AWS or Azure systems and drill-down into specific services. We also use MindManager to diagram the security components of the systems. Compliance mandates are identified and outlined at a high-level with drill-down or linking to specific policies.
  • Excellent big picture overview with easy expansion and contraction of map
  • Detailed drill-down capability into separate line-items and notes
  • Publishing capability to share MindManager with other connected or interested parties
  • Convenient and easy to use hyperlink capability that can be launched within MindManager or in a separate window
  • Ability to link to and launch another MindManager from within current one
  • Excellent integration with Outlook
  • Drag and drop within the map sometimes is tricky, making placement, or rearrangement of items frustrating. Maybe a "snap to" type feature could help.
  • Photoshop integration would be great. Specifically, adding a quick insert button to add a Photoshop image and/or a video.
  • Microsoft Project integration would be very helpful.
MindManager is best for an integrated management environment or "IME." I develop code in an IDE, but use MindManager as my single source/pane for project management. My MindManager is architected to provide me with fast, easy access to all my important information. I can also keep track of my Outlook email and calendar and generate reports from my map.
MindManager provides easy-to-understand and use tools that allow me to organize my work in a way that I find beneficial. Starting with a concept, I can brainstorm in various directions by quickly and easily inserting ideas into a map. I can add, move, modify, or delete these ideas until I find the combination that works for me. I can link to outside data sources, launch programs such as Excel or even link to other maps for more information. The ease and convenience of performing these tasks from the map is invaluable.
Fast courteous and meaningful responses to questions I have submitted either via phone or email. The online resources are also very helpful and easily accessible.
MindManager is very intuitive. The user interface is not cluttered and the ribbon icons are easy to understand. Several excellent "how-to" videos are available on the MindManager site as well as on YouTube. MindManager starts quickly and the user interface is very responsive. Launching other programs from MindManager such as Excel is very fast and issue free. The browsing feature is lightning fast. The drag-and-drop capability is also very fast and reliable.
Phil Fuster | TrustRadius Reviewer
I utilize MindManager to build templates and tools for my business. Everything from strategic business plans to product/offering roadmaps starts on MindManager. It is an excellent tool for organizing thoughts and building outlines, and then dropping in the content necessary to complete the plan. It is one of the better tools I have come across. I started using MM back in 1998 when I was building the business plan for funding of my internet startup. I raised $8m in funding with the business plan I built. I have used it ever since!
  • Brainstorming: Best tools for organizing ideas.
  • Business Plan/Strategic Plan development: Develop a full document by dropping in content.
  • Meeting Management: Great for capturing thoughts and tasks.
  • Product Development: Tasks, milestones, and ideas all in one map.
  • Could be improved with templates for things like proposals.
  • Direct integration into tasks on Outlook.
Strategic plan development and proposal development. It allows you to visually organize your document and manage the content sent to you but multiple users.
I have benefited throughout the last 22 years from using MindManager in building great business plans for myself or the companies I have worked for. From FedBid to Dell to Rackspace, I have used this tool to improve and refine ideas and business outcomes.
Scott E. Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
I personally use MindManager. Visualization is critical to help understand complex systems and issues. MindManager provides an easy to use interface that helps me organize and communicate business processes and systems.
  • Visualization - You must 'see it' to 'understand it'.
  • Organization - the ability to expand and contract tree branches is extremely important. You just want to show only the data that is relevant.
  • Sorting and Filtering - Being able to sort and filter content prevents 'information overload'.
  • Better integration with Microsoft Teams.
  • Having the ability to import your entire 'File Explorer' in Microsoft Windows so you can better visualize and organize your files.
I consider MindManager one of the most important software applications I use. It is extremely helpful to visualize complex systems or problems to ensure better understanding.
Every time I start a new project, I first use MindManager to visualize the current system. Once I document the current system, I have a client meeting and communicate my understanding of their current system with the MindManager Visualization. On most occasions, clients want to know what software I used for the visualization. People love it!
I have called technical support a few times. During the COVID Crisis, I called a few times repeatedly due to a rush request. The technical support guy called me back in minutes. He somehow knew that I had called repeatedly and wanted to make sure my issue was resolved immediately.
Ease of use is one of the best traits of the software. The ability to easily expand and contract trees is awesome.
I am using MindManager to create Taxonomies for Pharmaceutical and Finance companies. It is quick and easy to use. I use the software in workshops with the clients and it produces amazing results. I use it also on a daily basis to organize my thoughts for the day. I cannot stress how much this has helped the creative process.
  • Organizes thoughts
  • Creates amazing visualizations.
  • Powers the brainstorming process.
  • I like the software as it is.
Taxonomies, Brainstorming, Process Flows, Organization, Filtering, and General goodness.
I am able to quickly create impressive visualizations for my clients. My clients benefit from the organization that the tool brings to the table.
Michael Graff | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use MindManager on my team for brainstorming in team meetings, making project plans, timelines and org charts. One of the most intuitive, user-friendly tools I've ever used.
  • MindManager can help you put thought to screen much quicker than you ever thought possible. Others can view these ideas in a way that makes sense to others who aren't in your head.
  • Mind Manager's ability for complex topic mapping (utilizing icons, tags, embedding files) is extremely robust and useful.
  • The program gets out of the way of the having formatting take up precious time in brainstorming and gives you visually aesthetic diagrams that will be the envy of your colleagues.
  • The integration with Outlook could be improved. This is the least intuitive feature in my opinion but the has the most potential.
  • The SharePoint integration is not as clear to utilize as I'd hoped.
Well suited for brainstorming, team meetings, strategic planning.
The dynamic ways of visualizing complex relationships and dependencies are the driving value within Mind Manager.
September 30, 2020

Happy

All projects are mapped and all meetings are planned and conducted using MindManager to develop the agenda and keep the meetings on track. Tracking assignments and maintaining a record of activities is an essential use of MindManager.
  • Tracks daily task and achievements.
  • I use it for objectives and key results.
  • I use it to prepare myself and others for more productive meetings.
  • I use it for historical records of what occurred in projects and meetings.
  • I used to use a program called MacProject which is no longer supported by Mac. It automatically changed the dates in the progress of project planning when you made adjustments to a scheduled.
MindManager is especially well suited for meeting planning and meeting records. I don't see any scenarios where it is not useful.
Keeping my tasks organized and preventing me from forget key issues makes MindManager indispensable.

What is MindManager?

MindManager aims to bring clarity and structure to plans, projects, and processes.

With it, the vendor says users can transform scattered ideas and information into dynamic visual mind maps, flowcharts, concept maps, matrices and other diagrams. They state users can also take control of their work, synthesize vast amounts of data, collaborate and communicate more effectively, and boost productivity to gain a competitive edge.

MindManager is presented as a suite of intuitive visualization products that helps individuals and teams think more clearly, make better decisions, and get on the path to personal and organizational success.

MindManager Features

• Supported: Strategic Planning
  • Supported: Task Management
  • Supported: Workflow Management

MindManager Screenshots

MindManager Product SuiteMindManager for MacMindManager for Microsoft TeamsMindManager SnapMindManager GoMind Maps in MindManagerOrganizational Charts in MindManagerTimelines  in MindManagerFlowcharts  in MindManagerVenn & Onion Diagrams  in MindManagerKanban Boards  in MindManagerFunnel Charts  in MindManagerMatrix Diagrams  in MindManager

MindManager Video

Get the right things done faster, better, and more connected with MindManager by bringing clarity and structure to plans, projects, and processes. Transform scattered ideas and information into dynamic visual mind maps, flowcharts, concept maps, matrices, and other diagrams. Take control of your work. Synthesize vast amounts of data. Collaborate and communicate more effectively. Boost your productivity to gain a competitive edge. MindManager is a powerful suite of intuitive visualization products that helps individuals and teams think more clearly, make better decisions, and get on the path to personal and organizational success.

MindManager Downloadables