https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/5S/Qj/9J8243TLHL36.PNGThe best mindmap software I've ever used.I use Mindmeister in my whole organization for mind mapping complex processes, functionality, features and contact information over different departments.,Clean and modern visual design. Helps to organize ideas quickly and easily. Really good free version, a fair pricing structure in general for what you get. Offers a quick and easy way to visually organize topics by content area,Mindmeister could have more templates. Limits functionality by requiring purchase for some features May cause confusion to non-visual learners,9,Mindmeister helped me to more efficiently manage my projects, making me have greater control of each step, directly impacting ROI positively.,,MeisterTaskMindMeister Is A Must-Have Business Aid For Start-upsWe began to use MindMeister as a way of 'brain dumping' on a start up project. Multiple people were able to collaborate as we researched, ran SWOT analyses and subsequently created a plan of action for our new business. MindMeister is incredibly user friendly and intuitive. We had all types of users participating - from our tech team, to our manufacturers. Everyone enjoyed the interface and I especially loved the ability to link and expand on topics. The best part about MindMeister is the customer care. Professional, highly responsive and organized. I highly recommend this company.,User-friendly and intuitive Ability to collaborate with the entire team Enjoy the various templates to choose from,Larger basic/standard text,10,Assisted in the creation of a business plan Helped us to figure out a concrete strategy We were able to delegate appropriate tasks to tam members efficientlyVisualise complex structuresI used my own MindMeister account because the company tools were too rigid and didn't have the capabilities to graphically model and illustrate complex dependencies and structures.,Easy to add new ideas The automatic 'split into topics' function when pasting text from other sources Easy to add Links to other maps and also to webpages etc.,Maybe the home view (my maps) could have a graphical representation Would like a function to open my latest map Would be nice to have the choise 'add new idea' by right clicking on a 'parent' idea.,8,It helped me setting up a rough project structure enabling the right product delivery at the right time,Freemind and VisioMindmap the maze of your mind with MindmeisterI've been using Mindmeister for about 7 years now. This software has played a roll in many different cases for me in a few different companies. I use this software for mind mapping complex processes, functionality, features and contact information over different departments. I was employed in a remote access software company and also product development and engineering company. This software gives you the ability to plan and scope projects, business planning so many other things using the pre-made templates and also building and designing your own from scratch, which is what I usually do. I'm a visual learner and when I can see an overview, open certain sections to help me remember things and processes, it speeds up my ability to perform because I don't have to ask people questions because all the info is there. With organization, you can map your own mind using this software. I highly recommend this software for those that like plotting out complex things and want to see things from a different perspective. I was able to share my maps with others for example someone in sales needed to know overviews of processes, pricing for different tiers or different versions of our releases, I was able to break down these things in a simple way so my colleagues could understand. This is much better than reading a manual or a typed document and it's cloud based so you can always access this even on a mobile device.,Strategic planning and mapping out processes or functionality. You can add files, attach links and notes to any area of the map. Various tools to highlight specific topics and levels of importance. Many templates to choose from that fit many different backgrounds, industries and projects. They offer a free account for those that want to try this out, giving you 3 maps to use. For any visual learners, this is the ultimate way to take notes and simplify the way you document information. Affordable subscription pricing.,I honestly do not have any, it works great for me.,10,I've used this on a personal level and shared my maps with people that work with me, it's never impacted negatively. Pricing is very low for so much functionality so I don't see this impacting small businesses in a negative way. Enterprise level I'm not sure. Building a detailed map can take time, the good news is that it will help other people speed up their learning and information recognition.,None,TeamViewer, Basecamp, WordPressBest Mind Mapping Software Ever!!!I currently use MindMeister for my engineering skills improvements. I used it successfully during my preparation for one of the most difficult certification that I got so far, which was the PMP certification. I`ve tried many other mind-mapping programs but MindMeister is far the best. Every student and person that aims for improvement in their knowledge should give it a try. Definitely, it will work 100%.,Best user-friendly environment. Automatically saving. Use of Googles Drive or local folder. Interaction with Youtube during searching process.,Could have a kind of possibility for use the active recall methodology, with space repetition integrated.,10,
MindMeister

MindMeister Reviews

MindMeister
Filter 26 vetted MindMeister reviews and ratings
December 29, 2017

MindMeister Review: "The best mindmap software I've ever used."

• Clean and modern visual design.
  • Helps to organize ideas quickly and easily.
  • Really good free version, a fair pricing structure in general for what you get.
  • Offers a quick and easy way to visually organize topics by content area
  • Mindmeister could have more templates.
  • Limits functionality by requiring purchase for some features
  • May cause confusion to non-visual learners
This software has played a roll in many different cases for me in a few different companies. In my company, I use it for education:

In Language Classes:
  • arrange vocabulary words by general categories
  • trace new verb stems back to their original roots
In History Classes:
  • link historical events visually
  • create a living timeline
In Math Classes:
  • display solutions to problems in a colorful way
  • emphasize how formulas are used in a problem set
Read Daniel Cruz's full review
February 20, 2018

Review: "MindMeister Is A Must-Have Business Aid For Start-ups"

• User-friendly and intuitive
  • Ability to collaborate with the entire team
  • Enjoy the various templates to choose from
  • Larger basic/standard text
MindMeister is perfect for those entrepreneurs in Start-up/dream-up mode. It was also particularly helpful whenever we were doing some in depth competitive analysis. Being able to look at a 'birds eye view' of all our research was incredibly helpful - especially when it became time to discuss our projects amongst the entire team.
November 03, 2017

MindMeister Review: "Visualise complex structures"

• Easy to add new ideas
  • The automatic 'split into topics' function when pasting text from other sources
  • Easy to add Links to other maps and also to webpages etc.
  • Maybe the home view (my maps) could have a graphical representation
  • Would like a function to open my latest map
  • Would be nice to have the choise 'add new idea' by right clicking on a 'parent' idea.
Well suited to give an overview of complex dependencies. Less suited for task management
August 16, 2017

Review: "Mindmap the maze of your mind with Mindmeister"

• Strategic planning and mapping out processes or functionality. You can add files, attach links and notes to any area of the map. Various tools to highlight specific topics and levels of importance.
  • Many templates to choose from that fit many different backgrounds, industries and projects.
  • They offer a free account for those that want to try this out, giving you 3 maps to use.
  • For any visual learners, this is the ultimate way to take notes and simplify the way you document information.
  • Affordable subscription pricing.
  • I honestly do not have any, it works great for me.
Mind mapping works for almost anything you do. You will need to have a creative mind in order to start one from scratch, however they provide so many templates to choose from you can get ideas from those and remove and add to them so they are custom to your thought processes.

I've not yet found a scenario where MM does not work, this is just a fancy way for me to do note taking.
Read Chris Glandon's full review
August 04, 2017

MindMeister Review: "Best Mind Mapping Software Ever!!!"

• Best user-friendly environment.
  • Automatically saving. Use of Googles Drive or local folder.
  • Interaction with Youtube during searching process.
  • Could have a kind of possibility for use the active recall methodology, with space repetition integrated.
Pros: General Studying. Anything that you may think is important.
Cons: Nothing so far.
Read Murilo Pinto, PMP®'s full review
October 31, 2016

User Review: "Master the Mind with MindMeister"

We use MindMeister to design our offerings: podcasts, literature, presentations, and books. It allows us to coordinate our workflow. Everyone uses it. Our work requires both brainstorming and piecing together the disparate products of research. MindMeister's flexibility is critical. It allows us to rapidly change our designs at both micro and macro levels.
  • Their ability to edit while in search mode is brilliant. Large maps don't have to be opened to make additions and changes. It's a sensational feature.
  • My ability to add to and reverence my maps from a browser, my iPhone and my Apple Watch helps deal with our various sources of research information.
  • MindMeister makes collaboration easy. I don't have to pay for every person that needs to see a map.
  • I wish collaborators could add comments without having to be given editor privileges. A "Reviewer" role would be helpful.
  • I would like to be able to toggle note visibility on and off. If there is a way to do it now, I haven't found it. As it is, I have to hover or use the sidebar to see notes.
  • Two or three times I have seen my nodes spontaneously reverse order in a big map (over their recommended limit). Even so, they are working on tracking the issue down.
MindMeister is ideal for sorting though thoughts, material that needs to be organized, ideas and the like. I can also see it being helpful for task management though I haven't used MeisterTask much yet. I imagine it can help with slide deck organization too. I haven't done that yet.

For those needing full graph (not bar charts) editing, MindMeister is not the tool — though I wish they would consider building a full graph tool. That market will do nothing but grow. I would buy it right now.
Read Chip Nowacek's full review
August 30, 2016

MindMeister: "The best Mind Mapping software: nothing to install, so easy to use, so easy to share and collaborate!"

MindMeister is used across the entire organisation, at varying levels, and for different purposes. We do not enforce its use. It is there as a tool to aid teams when relevant.
  • Quick capture of meeting minutes and actions.
  • Quick means of capturing ideas and the thought process in meetings and workshops.
  • Quick means of capturing and mapping processes as they are talked through in meetings.
  • Being cloud and browser based, teams and clients do not need to install any special software, and it's easy to share and collaborate on files.
  • Having a very simple and intuitive interface means non technical users are not phased by it
  • It is still quite restrictive in terms of only working for mind maps and organisation charts, if it allowed the user to create process flow diagrams, this would be amazing.
  • Sometimes it struggles a little when the mind maps become large and complex.
Read James Carrington's full review

MindMeister Scorecard Summary

Task Management (6)
Scheduling (2)
3.9
Mobile Access (5)
6.2
Search (7)
Visual planning tools (7)
9.4
Chat (2)
Notifications (5)
Discussions (1)
Internal knowledgebase (1)
Integrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts (1)
Versioning (3)
Video files (2)
5.7
Document collaboration (2)
Access control (4)
9.6
Advanced security features (3)
9.5
Integrates with Google Drive (2)
10.0
Device sync (3)
9.9

About MindMeister

MindMeister is a collaboration tool created by MeisterLabs. It is designed to combine traditional mind mapping capabilities of a brainstorming tool like MindManager with the shareability of a tool like GoogleDocs.

MindMeister allows for real-time collaboration within the online platform, meaning that multiple users can brainstorm together by posting new items and ideas on a shared mind map. It also allows users to share work via email and social channels like Facebook and Twitter, and to make mind maps public. Users can create slideshows to present mind maps, and invite remote colleagues to watch online. The tool supports versioning, as well as playback to see all the sequential changes made by different collaborators. In addition to the MindMeister website, there is also a mobile app that syncs with online accounts and allows users to create, view, and edit mind maps offline.