Reviews (1-12 of 12)
- The UI is well laid out and easy to use. The workflow makes perfect sense and makes creating tasks a breeze.
- The collaboration features make brainstorming not only easy but fun! Everyone enjoys using the tool, which was not the case with other collaboration software we used.
- I love being able to get all of my thoughts and ideas on the screen to see them and then be able to connect them in a logical way.
- The web app could be better, we only use the desktop as it is much easier to use.
- More integration and export options would be great.
- The free plan is pretty limited on features so it does not fully represent what the tool can do.
- MindMeister is a very capable mind mapping tool, allowing you to create maps quickly with a wide variety of tools.
- MindMeister offers great Google Drive integration, allowing you to open compatible formats very easily.
- MindMeister allows importing Xmind files which gives it an edge over much of the competition.
- The free plan is a bit limited compared to some tools that seem more generous with their free plan or are entirely free.
- The free account has all the basic functions for good planning.
- It has a great and intuitive design. Very easy to learn.
- Integration with Meister Task
- In the paid version there is a great opportunity to export to pictures and PDF. In the free version, the program imports mind maps from other programs such as Xmind, Freemind, etc.
- There is no desktop version, all work is online only.
- Only three maps in the free version, there is no good export, only to RTF.
- Can not be paid monthly, only six months and a year.
- It has a huge amount of options and variety.
- It is super user friendly, in that the buttons are visually appealing and very clear as to their function.
- Integration with Google Drive helps provide multiple experiences with the software.
- Formatting for documents converted from Google Drive has to be very specifically laid out.
- Can be difficult to navigate larger maps.
- Does not have any kind of free educational licensing.
- User friendly
- Very customizable
- We’re able to share our documents
- It works very well as a web application (doesn’t require any download)
- They could change the way it alerts us to upgrade our plan, since it’s too intrusive
- If you’re using the free plan, you’re able to create only 3 documents
- Could have better annotation system
I think it’s not that great to use as a management tool, since it’s rather simple in terms of functionality.
MindMeister is incredibly user friendly and intuitive. We had all types of users participating - from our tech team, to our manufacturers. Everyone enjoyed the interface and I especially loved the ability to link and expand on topics.
The best part about MindMeister is the customer care. Professional, highly responsive and organized. I highly recommend this company.
- Clean and modern visual design.
- Helps to organize ideas quickly and easily.
- Really good free version, a fair pricing structure in general for what you get.
- Offers a quick and easy way to visually organize topics by content area
- Mindmeister could have more templates.
- Limits functionality by requiring purchase for some features
- May cause confusion to non-visual learners
In Language Classes:
- arrange vocabulary words by general categories
- trace new verb stems back to their original roots
- link historical events visually
- create a living timeline
- display solutions to problems in a colorful way
- emphasize how formulas are used in a problem set
This software gives you the ability to plan and scope projects, business planning so many other things using the pre-made templates and also building and designing your own from scratch, which is what I usually do.
I'm a visual learner and when I can see an overview, open certain sections to help me remember things and processes, it speeds up my ability to perform because I don't have to ask people questions because all the info is there. With organization, you can map your own mind using this software.
I highly recommend this software for those that like plotting out complex things and want to see things from a different perspective. I was able to share my maps with others for example someone in sales needed to know overviews of processes, pricing for different tiers or different versions of our releases, I was able to break down these things in a simple way so my colleagues could understand. This is much better than reading a manual or a typed document and it's cloud based so you can always access this even on a mobile device.
- Strategic planning and mapping out processes or functionality. You can add files, attach links and notes to any area of the map. Various tools to highlight specific topics and levels of importance.
- Many templates to choose from that fit many different backgrounds, industries and projects.
- They offer a free account for those that want to try this out, giving you 3 maps to use.
- For any visual learners, this is the ultimate way to take notes and simplify the way you document information.
- Affordable subscription pricing.
- I honestly do not have any, it works great for me.
I've not yet found a scenario where MM does not work, this is just a fancy way for me to do note taking.
- Best user-friendly environment.
- Automatically saving. Use of Googles Drive or local folder.
- Interaction with Youtube during searching process.
- Could have a kind of possibility for use the active recall methodology, with space repetition integrated.
Cons: Nothing so far.
- Their ability to edit while in search mode is brilliant. Large maps don't have to be opened to make additions and changes. It's a sensational feature.
- My ability to add to and reverence my maps from a browser, my iPhone and my Apple Watch helps deal with our various sources of research information.
- MindMeister makes collaboration easy. I don't have to pay for every person that needs to see a map.
- I wish collaborators could add comments without having to be given editor privileges. A "Reviewer" role would be helpful.
- I would like to be able to toggle note visibility on and off. If there is a way to do it now, I haven't found it. As it is, I have to hover or use the sidebar to see notes.
- Two or three times I have seen my nodes spontaneously reverse order in a big map (over their recommended limit). Even so, they are working on tracking the issue down.
For those needing full graph (not bar charts) editing, MindMeister is not the tool — though I wish they would consider building a full graph tool. That market will do nothing but grow. I would buy it right now.
- Quick capture of meeting minutes and actions.
- Quick means of capturing ideas and the thought process in meetings and workshops.
- Quick means of capturing and mapping processes as they are talked through in meetings.
- Being cloud and browser based, teams and clients do not need to install any special software, and it's easy to share and collaborate on files.
- Having a very simple and intuitive interface means non technical users are not phased by it
- It is still quite restrictive in terms of only working for mind maps and organisation charts, if it allowed the user to create process flow diagrams, this would be amazing.
- Sometimes it struggles a little when the mind maps become large and complex.
- Easy to add new ideas
- The automatic 'split into topics' function when pasting text from other sources
- Easy to add Links to other maps and also to webpages etc.
- Maybe the home view (my maps) could have a graphical representation
- Would like a function to open my latest map
- Would be nice to have the choise 'add new idea' by right clicking on a 'parent' idea.
MindMeister Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
MindMeister is an online mind mapping tool that lets users share maps with an unlimited number of users and collaborate with them in real-time. The vendor says more than 11 million people around the world use MindMeister to brainstorm ideas, plan projects, take meeting minutes, develop business strategies, create stunning presentations and much more. It is designed to be intuitive.
MindMeister runs in any standard web-browser as well as on iOS and Android devices, so users can access, edit and present their mind maps anytime, wherever they are.
With MindMeister, users can:
- Share mind maps with other people and provide different access rights to them
- Review the entire change history of mind maps and revert to any previous version if needed
- Turn mind maps into engaging, dynamic slideshows to present them online or in person
- Connect mind maps with project boards in MeisterTask, to turn ideas into actionable tasks at the click of a button
- Make mind maps public and embed them in a website or blog
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Personal||4.99||per user per month|
|Pro||8.25||per user per month|
|Business||12.49||per user per month|
MindMeister offers 6-monthly and yearly subscriptions. Discounts for educational users and non-profit organizations are also available.
MindMeister Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
MindMeister Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||English, German, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, Russian, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian|