Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of MindMeister, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $5.49 per month
MindMeister is an online mind mapping tool that lets users share maps with an unlimited number of users and collaborate with them in real-time. The vendor says more than 11 million people around the world use MindMeister to brainstorm ideas, plan projects, take meeting minutes, develop business strategies, create stunning presentations and much more. It is designed to be intuitive.
MindMeister runs in any standard web-browser as well as on iOS and Android devices, so users can access, edit and present their mind maps anytime, wherever they are.
With MindMeister, users can:
- Share mind maps with other people and provide different access rights to them
- Review the entire change history of mind maps and revert to any previous version if needed
- Turn mind maps into engaging, dynamic slideshows to present them online or in person
- Connect mind maps with project boards in MeisterTask, to turn ideas into actionable tasks at the click of a button
- Make mind maps public and embed them in a website or blog
- Supported: Collaborate with multiple people
- Supported: Custom mind mapping templates are available for use
- Supported: Attach files to each topic
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages||English, German, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, Russian, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian|
- Real bad support in december 2021
- Our meetings became more productive (time saving /better outcome).
- Project management activities became more efficient (time-saving/increased quality/better collaboration).
- It became easier to create online repositories to share relevant and well-organized information to our teams (before it was dispersed, incomplete, and difficult to find/manage).
- MindMeister didn't advise in any way that the subscription was about to renew and as a result we were invoiced for anther year.
- Productivity has increased greatly since we finally have a full team using collaboration software.
- We are now able to get ideas from a wide range of team members for our creative projects which result in better outcomes.
- It's much more fun to use than traditional collaboration software.
- The most positive result of using MindMeister is a visualization of each step in work and connections between different nodes(ideas, steps).
- This greatly simplifies the work, especially collaborative work, since it is easier to show it once than to explain things many times.
- Negative impact: lack of offline desktop version.
- MindMeister has saved us time from having to install software on every machine we wish to view a sitemap on, which has given us slightly more time for doing work on client projects rather than administering our computers.
- MindMeister has allowed us to share sitemaps with clients who were either unable or unwilling to install Xmind, allowing us to receive valuable feedback to help move the project forward and increasing client trust.
- Adds another way for students to organize their information for writing and studying.
- Has financial limitations.
- Lets you customize your work in a clean, functional way.
- It really helps us better organize our ideas, so we don’t waste time on project development
- It helps us to prevent future problems while developing our CMS admin
- It’s always accessible, so we’re able to work with documents wherever we are
- Assisted in the creation of a business plan
- Helped us to figure out a concrete strategy
- We were able to delegate appropriate tasks to tam members efficiently
- Mindmeister helped me to more efficiently manage my projects, making me have greater control of each step, directly impacting ROI positively.
- It helped me setting up a rough project structure enabling the right product delivery at the right time
- I've used this on a personal level and shared my maps with people that work with me, it's never impacted negatively.
- Pricing is very low for so much functionality so I don't see this impacting small businesses in a negative way. Enterprise level I'm not sure.
- Building a detailed map can take time, the good news is that it will help other people speed up their learning and information recognition.
- I haven't done ROI calculations for MindMeister. For what we pay, it would be a ridiculously high number anyway.
- Increased speed at which we can capture, share and translate complex business requirements.
- Increased speed at which we can create content maps (instead of using complex software such as Axure).
- Enabled better collaboration with clients as they don't feel any technical barriers with adopting a piece of software.
- Reduced the need for more licenses of Axure to be purchased.