Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of MindTouch, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Supported: Customer self-service
- Supported: Agent enablement
- Supported: Field service
- Supported: Contextual help
- Supported: Documentation authoring and publishing
- Supported: CRM integration
- Supported: Help desk integration
- Supported: Ticket deflection
- Supported: Analytics and reporting
- Supported: User behavior insights
- Supported: Versioning
- Supported: KCS methodology
- Supported: Structured atomic content
- Supported: Customizable Interface
- Supported: Mobile responsive layout
- Supported: BI Integration
- Supported: 20 supported languages
- Oracle InQuira
- Bespoke in-house built XML publishing pipeline tools for HTML/PDF
- Custom Self-Service tools
It is not well-suited for professional technical writers. I don't think MT even has technical writers on their staff, given their own documentation and their lack of features a writer would need. Judging by the changes from MT4 to Responsive, there is little interest in producing a more robust authoring tool.
Not so good for large knowledge bases, where most of the contribution is done by non-pro technical writers.
It's good at easily creating and housing all our documentation/articles.
It has a simple and effective way for customers to contact support. With the 3 contact methods appearing on certain pages of the site. And a good support contact form that integrates with our Salesforce.
The user community features look to be a good fit for us, but we've not implemented it yet because our engineering department still needs to prepare the single-sign-on for us.
It's not as appropriate for housing all our video tutorials. Right now we can put each video on its own page and list them similar to articles. It would be better if we could easily move and navigate between videos without having to click into individual pages. It'd also be nice to have more linking/association between videos and articles of the same subject matter.
It's not as appropriate for offering our live class schedule or registration. I'd like to see a GoToMeeting integration. Or even a good way to display classes on a calendar, with the ability to filter which classes display on the calendar.
It's more appropriately used by dedicated tech writers than those in other roles, because there's a bit of a learning curve due to some of the oddities with the product. Those include strange, proprietary templates and complicated customizations.
If you're migrating docs from another platform, be sure to figure out how your existing article URLs will be handled. All of our old article URLs were broken in the migration, which created a bad end user experience that we were dealing with for several months.
If you need to have detailed reporting capabilities on user activity, you'll probably have to connect MT to Google Analytics or another tool.
- Searching for content across range of documents, not just within individual documents
- Accessing content via mobile devices
- Streaming video
- Setting content access permissions for individual users or user groups