Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of MindTouch, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
- Supported: Customer self-service
- Supported: Agent enablement
- Supported: Field service
- Supported: Contextual help
- Supported: Documentation authoring and publishing
- Supported: CRM integration
- Supported: Help desk integration
- Supported: Ticket deflection
- Supported: Analytics and reporting
- Supported: User behavior insights
- Supported: Versioning
- Supported: KCS methodology
- Supported: Structured atomic content
- Supported: Customizable Interface
- Supported: Mobile responsive layout
- Supported: BI Integration
- Supported: 20 supported languages
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
- MindTouch makes it easy to have templates and self-help instructions so that a variety of teammates can contribute without a ton of learning curve.
- The MindTouch search engine makes it easy for our clients to find what they need.
- MindTouch created an easy ability to add and control users. And we found the page-level security meets our needs.
- MindTouch's flexibility means you can get the organization and look you want, without needing a degree in html.
- MindTouch support people genuinely care about my success, are easy to get to, respond in a reasonable time period and are both knowledgeable and down-to-earth.
- MindTouch (MT) bought the text editor from someone else. It lacks precision, flexibility and features. Word can do many things the MT editor cannot. Photos can be hard to place and run text around them without awkward spacing. The tool to place text near photos needs improvement from its present level of zero. Photos cannot be cropped. Placing a photo in the middle of a numbered list will require a big time investment. The text frequently loses "normal" and needs to be re-defined. Pasting text into an article never is formatted correctly the first time. It would be nice to be able to do text boxes, like Publisher allows. Presently, all copy runs the full width of the only text box you get.
- MindTouch's support people often like the enhancements I suggest but getting them into the product -- if it happens at all -- takes too long. MindTouch does many admirable big-picture things but needs to pay more attention to enhancement suggestions and improving its text editor.
- When you are in any of the control panels or behind-the-scenes control areas, why do you have to close that page -- actually close out of MindTouch and then go back in, to get back into the text editor?
- The "views" counter on each page is very difficult to reset. You have to export the page, delete it and then import it back in. This would be less necessary if we, as clients, could control when the counter starts. Currently, it starts when the page starts, so every time you access the page as you construct it counts as a view -- actually, in our install, it seems to count as TWO views. That's like having your traffic counter on your highway count all of the construction traffic before the road was opened to the public.
- Getting software updates to clients.
- Allowing clients to get help, by themselves, on our software products.
- Providing a platform where we can easily get videos to people who want them.
- Our deployment time is too short to have found any yet.
- Using the API and some programming to integrate it with our system that manages Service tickets.
- I would hope to get our sales staff more involved so that they can use it during presentations and as a way to create a library of info for potential clients.
- Managing Users
- Changing headline definition changes it in the whole shootin' match
- Linking people from one page to another.
- Copying and moving pages.
- Linking people to off-site URLs
- placing videos
- creating copy in an article which is only for teammates to view
- Cropping photos (can't do it).
- Placing text consistently and elegantly next to photos.
- Getting text to STAY in normal style without losing some of the elements thereof.
- You always have to format text after you paste it in.
- Placing our software updates in MindTouch and having clients download from there is slow. We now put them on our .ftp site and link to them from MindTouch. Works great!
The writers and the engineering are responsible for providing content relative to content type. The documentation team is responsible for distribution and administering audiences with permissions. Our content is consumed by the Customer audiences, Support, Training, and Product Dev.
Mindtouch helps resolve issues we have had in the past of using one portal to access all content across our products where you can use the Search feature as opposed to using Search across Guides/PDFs
- Content Reuse: This is a great feature, allows the doc team to use single sourcing as opposed to our previous solution
- Linking Content: Excellent feature, reduces time and improveds usability for our customers
- GUI Interface: Ease of use
- Revision History
- Creating PDFs of more that 50 topics /pages. Ease of use of PDFs. This is an important ask that allows us to continue/discontinue with the tool
- Applying Templates to a topic that we are editing.
- Would like to see some flavor of collaborative Review Tools
- Content Reuse: Wish we had an exception rule
- Linking Content: UI is so cluttered especially when the links all have similar titles. It just seems like a very busy list of choices to select from which does not allow you to view the end of the link (string)
- Reduction in Print
- Availability of Content on the Go
- Faster Search: Reduced time on searching through multiple guides
Training & Education
- Implemented in-house
- We inherited the tool and was part of the team, but not involved in Implementation
The support folks I have worked with have always resolved our issues and quick to respond and never make you feel that our questions are beyond help.
Very easy to communicate and they are honest if I ask a question that stumbles them, they go for the help and get me Quick Resolution.
- Creating Content, using the GUI interface
- Content Reuse
- Linking content
- Attaching Images
- Creating a PDF
- Troubleshooting source of a page
- Reviewing content for collaborative use - i think this doesn't exist
- Simple straight forward content editor. Once articles are published content is indexed very fast.
- The options for content layout enables for quick publishing while also allowing for customization appearance if desired.
- The reporting features of MT are limited. The application does not provide for granular level of reporting for authors activity in one central location.
- The reporting suite does not show who is looking at content - internal or external users.
- The application does not provide a simple easy to use break down on the number and type of categories/guides/articles.
- Too soon in our deployment.
- Content authoring. Customization of PDF templates. Content hierarchy structure.
- CSS styling of the site.
- Individual user activity reporitng.
- Specific page activity. Users types (internal or external) accessing the specific page.
- Their support is very good. They are knowledgeable and helpful.
- The layout and look of the site is nice but the power of its customization is amazing.
- The intuitive nature of the product is also a strong point.
- Improvements in user management. For example, default group membership for new users would be very useful. Also being able to do more to users in a grid view would be nice.
- While customizations are possible and the sky seems to be the limit, I feel some things should be easier to customize via options rather than needing to code. For example, it would be nice if I could just turn off the menu strip in F1 windows.
- More analytics are reporting would be good, especially on the content management side.
- We're still a little early into it to judge these things.
- Product Documentation
- Service Documentation
- Hosting our video library (in Conjunction with Wistia).
- Perhaps a stronger on-boarding process.
- Document editing
- Image loading
- Embedding Wistia videos is a bit awkward for non techies.
- Customization is easy IF you are a web developer.
MindTouch made the decision several years ago to focus on customer-facing support, which doesn't really apply to our internal-only use case. The downside of this change is that my users see more administrative cruft than I'd prefer. Not a huge deal, but worth considering if your use will be solely internal (MindTouch is arguably overkill for strictly internal use).
- Clean, usable UI that the vast majority of users use without training.
- Actively developed and very well supported.
- More integrations than you can shake a stick at.
- Better internal-only usage options. A user type between "community" and "pro" that can optionally contribute but which sees more of a customer's view of the content.
- Not to single out MindTouch on this point, but portability of content is a huge issue (i.e., what if you want to move your content to a different application?). It doesn't appear that anyone has really cracked this nut yet, but I wish someone would.
- MindTouch's official recommendation is that no sensitive/private content should be added to a MindTouch instance. While I appreciate the honesty, I do wish there were way to securely include sensitive content (page-level encryption). I recognize the complexity of the request, but it's so needed.
- Doesn't really apply to our use case, but I have long enjoyed redirecting users' questions to MindTouch: "Say...how do I [something that has been asked many times before].." "Have you checked the wiki?" "Oh yeah. No. I'll do that."
- Intuitive UI makes edits and changes trivial.
- DekiScript is the key to extending MindTouch, and it becomes easy to perform complex tasks with very little code.
- The still new-to-me structure takes some getting used to, but once you understand it, it makes the content much easier to organize and access.
- Exporting (but all/most knowledge management systems suffer from this).