We are using MindTouch as a central repository for support knowledge, product documentation, processes & procedures. We started within the …
MindTouch is the primary authoring and publishing tool for our Tech Writing department. It powers our customer-facing support site. The …
Mindtouch is being used corporate-wide. [It] Started out in the US and is being migrated to other offices around the globe. [It's] …
We use Mindtouch to satisfy our content management needs organization-wide. We deploy our self-service strategies on this platform as well …
MindTouch is used only by our department to provide documentation for customers and support staff. It is not used directly by support …
MindTouch is now the 'one stop shop' for all knowledge we want to share with our customers, and also among staff. We use it mainly for …
We just launched MindTouch and we are very excited to have this new resource! MindTouch will allow us to eventually move all of our …
We are currently utilizing MindTouch as a documentation center to teach our new and existing customers how to utilize our software. …
Used to answer common customer questions globally. It reduces the amount of resources we need for support. We are moving from a high-touch …
We use MindTouch for our help website and context-sensitive help in our product user interface.
It's being used as the backbone of our Intranet across the company. This allows us to have general as well as technical information from / …
Our training team set up MindTouch to house all our training videos and articles. The site is used by our customers as well as our …
We're using MindTouch on our team only. Other groups publish content on our corporate website. It meets the documentation needs of our …
We use Mindtouch to maintain help centers for several customer facing products. It is used by multiple teams and authors. External users …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of MindTouch, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://mindtouch.com/info
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
MindTouch is a leader in customer self-service software. According to the vendor, MindTouch brings the customer record (CRM) and customers’ self-service behavior together to better understand their experience with the brand. Additionally the vendor says companies like Accenture, ADP, McKinsey, Sprinklr, Whirlpool, and Zuora rely on MindTouch for effective self-service and because it helps them create actionable customer insights. MindTouch has been named one of 2017’s “Hot 100” best privately held software companies by JMP Securities. MindTouch aims to make an organization’s customers smarter, happier, and more successful.
- Supported: Customer self-service
- Supported: Agent enablement
- Supported: Field service
- Supported: Contextual help
- Supported: Documentation authoring and publishing
- Supported: CRM integration
- Supported: Help desk integration
- Supported: Ticket deflection
- Supported: Analytics and reporting
- Supported: User behavior insights
- Supported: Versioning
- Supported: KCS methodology
- Supported: Structured atomic content
- Supported: Customizable Interface
- Supported: Mobile responsive layout
- Supported: BI Integration
- Supported: 20 supported languages
- Oracle InQuira
- Bespoke in-house built XML publishing pipeline tools for HTML/PDF
- Custom Self-Service tools
MindTouch is a customer experience management platform with content management and help authoring capabilities. Formerly known as MediaWiki, it is optimized for building knowledge bases for customer self-service and agent assistance purposes.
Reviewers rate Vendor post-sale highest, with a score of 9.3.
The most common users of MindTouch are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- We've been able to leverage our support site (support.procore.com) to more efficiently onboard new clients by providing role-based learning paths, interactive workflow diagrams, and task-based tutorials. It's also our primary, single-source of truth for all things Procore for both our internal Customer Success and Support teams as well as our end users.
- Using our web-based ticket deflection form, we prevent roughly 100 support tickets from being created every month. Countless others are deflected on a daily basis although it's difficult to track.
- As a result of having SEO optimized content, our Support site (support.procore.com) had over 30 Google Featured Snippets, which is a step above being the #1 organic search result. Our content is featured as the #1 search result for many more common keywords and phrases in the construction industry.
- MindTouch helps reduce knowledge and information silos by offering a place for everyone to store their content.
- Employees are finding what they need when they need it without having to find "the guy" who knows that stuff.
- Customers are helping themselves and solving their own issues which allows support to work on higher priority issues.
- Time to publication can be very quick, provided there are not multiple changes in flight at the same time for the same page.
- We have seen a tremendous increase in customer traffic and SEO.
- MindTouch allows us to custom-brand the look and feel of our site to match our company's marketing and branding. This instills trust in our content.
- The relative simplicity of the platform enabled us to hire the best people and best writers we could find, without worrying so much about specific past expertise in a complicated publishing platform.
- 6566 articles used to solve 13,353 technical support calls.
- Article usage has passed the amount of articles written in our technical support area. This is a good indication that article creation is paying off in our technical support area.
- Increased ease of collaboration
- Decreased time to publication
- Increased user adoption
- Our documentation is more easily searchable than before, and analytics indicates greater reach to our content.
- All users have up-to-date documentation instantly. This has been very helpful given the speed of our software development.
- Having all content type in one place is a huge improvement. The one-stop shop promise is fulfilled.
- Having the Knowledge Base on a SaaS platform is good.
- We don't have this data yet as we just launched.
- The time our team spends creating documentation has decreased greatly with MindTouch.
- The ease of use has allowed us to publish more documentation to ensure every aspect of our software is covered.
- The documentation has allowed us to provide our customers with answers to their frequently asked questions which in turn has cut down on customer service hours.
- We have difficulty in measuring this. It would be helpful to have tools that provide better analytics to get at ROI, improvements in collaboration, etc. Need metrics.
- MindTouch has not been particularly good as a review tool. People in my company have objected to using it, so I have to copy and paste new articles into Google Docs, which has a better review function.
- That said, as a one-person documentation department, MindTouch has been a reasonably good platform for me. It has all of the features I need to create a help website and in-product help. Since it's a web service, it's easy for me to stay in synch with engineering without the overhead of working inside the produce code base.
- My biggest objection to it so far is that its export to PDF feature is not as advanced as I would like. It's labor intensive to get a nice looking PDF from MindTouch.
- Prior to adopting MindTouch for our needs, we had no single point of reference for employees to publish or go to for information outside the departments. As an example, if you had wanted some documents from HR you would have to contact HR personnel. If you had wanted to request hardware from I.T., you had to get forms from I.T.
- It has increased the sharing and spread of our training articles because of the PDF export feature on each article. This allows our customer facing staff to email PDFs to customers.
- Lots more eyes on our content---colleagues, customers, and prospects. That's a big win for our team.
- It's easier to use and publish on than our previous tool.
- The integrated feedback made it simpler to generate tickets for the doc team. With the automailing feature, we were able to create an integration with our JIRA instance to get user feedback.
- Working with translation team has been difficult; features are being built out but are not mature. The process was anything but smooth, and has resulted in lack of help centers for some regions.
- Increased website traffic.
- Increased organic search traffic
- Increased frequency and ability to update existing docs
- Increased customers' ability to self-serve
- The number of content contributors has not increased as much as we'd like. This is partially a cultural issue, but also the tool is not something easy to use. Many people use Google Docs or some other simple text editor and maybe better integration or usability more like those tools would help.
- Providing existing clients with self-help documentation is directly responsible for retaining one of our biggest customers. Because they were having trouble training employees, they considered leaving. Building our Success Site gave them the confidence of 24/7 product support. We have reduced churn over the last two years to a single client who closed the doors. Aside from a few reductions in user licenses, all existing clients are set to renew their annual subscriptions, making this the first year we will have 100% customer renewals.
- We have reduced the time to onboard new customers by 35-40%. Touch Points and Learning Paths for role based users focus on specific content, increase the efficiency of user training, reduced frustrations, and greatly improved product adoption.
- Help Tickets use to be extremely time consuming with scheduled webinars and basic user training. What use to be a 30 minute phone call before MindTouch is now a reply email with a link to a help article. Through Analytics we can see a constant increase in users searching out success articles and benefiting from self-help. I personally spend 50% less time on training calls and in general helping customers with basic questions.
- Increased ease of collaboration by enabling multiple authors and editors to access a document.
- Decreased time to publication by integrating document creation, editing, and publication workflow.
- Provided more options for organizing diverse content in a knowledge base.
- One positive impact that MindTouch has had is the reduced time to train new support team members. This reduction in training time can be attributed to the organized and accessible storage of our knowledge articles.
- Another aspect that was positive, even with the extra effort, was the work to better understand our existing documentation. The necessity of having an understanding of the data facilitated the load of MindTouch and had the benefit of giving the business a chance to examine content.
- Too early to determine
- Assists with training by offering training material storage.
- Increases accuracy of our call center, since they can communicate information more quickly and accurately.
- Decreased client confidence in our help site due to site navigation
- Decreased content contributors within our organization due to level of expertise required to add content correctly
- Increased site loading speed and reliability from previous site hosting
- Our operational efficiently has improved significantly. Prior to Mindtouch, we managing duplicate content in two separate authoring solutions. Delivering content predictably and consistently was difficult and stressful for writers. In Mindtouch, we were able to optimize our content (remove redundancies) giving us more time to test, review, and improve content quality.
- Traffic to our knowledge center is increasing monthly.
- Internally, SMEs and customer-facing teams are recognizing the value Mindtouch brings through self-service knowledge. These SMEs want to contribute more to content, either as contributing writers or collaborators with tech writers.