MIP Fund Accounting Reviews

Gwendolyn Ball Julien | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 12, 2020

Trusty MIP

Exceptional Examples of MIP Fund Accounting Support

We got exceptional support when we had the dedicated consultant, Pam Kennemore, under Sage. Now, we are just a number is the cue for help with our particular issue at the time. It's a great software, so there are not many issues. However, when an issue arises, I feel that we are just a number in the cue, then on to the next issue. There is no personal feeling of belonging to a group, as when the software was owned by MIP. There are no free user group networking for discussions and helpful tips. There no annual user workshops. Now, just pay your renewal and buy more modules.
Read Gwendolyn Ball Julien's full review
Arthur Knowles | TrustRadius Reviewer

Abila MIP just works

Exceptional Examples of MIP Fund Accounting Support

Each year, creating 1099's are a difficult hurdle for our environment. It's complex and utilizes some of Microsoft's enterprise level products. Last year's (2017) 1099's were especially difficult, however, once technical support was called and our environment explained with the assistance of our internal IT department we were able to resolve the issue. The 1099's were printed without any data loss or requirement to start over.
Read Arthur Knowles's full review
Vicki A | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 11, 2020

Great product for your accounting

Exceptional Examples of MIP Fund Accounting Support

The only complaint I have is regarding the down time due to a security breach. We were without MIP for several weeks while the cloud version was being fixed. this created a great hardship for our company. Since that time however it has been working great and have not experienced any other issues.
Read Vicki A's full review
August 12, 2020

Newbie's Review

Exceptional Examples of MIP Fund Accounting Support

Had an issue with a bank reconciliation and had to call for help. Over about a half hour, the rep was very patient and helpful in finding the item that was causing the imbalance.
August 11, 2020

MIP is a customizable and sensible tool for your financial needs.

Exceptional Examples of MIP Fund Accounting Support

There was a time when we had some turn over in our department and we needed help with getting the updated forms for the 1099 misc form vendors. We only had til the end of January and we needed this information very quickly. I remember the support team walking me through the process and even doing a remote screen so they could see what the issue was. We needed an upgrade and he walked us through the process step by step. It took sometime due to our servers and internet speed at that time but he was very patient and stayed with me the whole time.
Bob Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 18, 2019

Abila MIP Fund Accounting

Exceptional Examples of MIP Fund Accounting Support

During one of our earlier years of using Abila MIP Fund Accounting, we had an issue during an upgrade. The support staff went out of their way to help us resolve the issue and get us back up and running in a very timely manner. This happened during an upgrade that we had to make during a peak time of the year.
Read Bob Jones's full review
January 15, 2019

Abila MIP Fund Accounting review

Exceptional Examples of MIP Fund Accounting Support

I called about a networking issue about 2 years ago and was connected almost immediately. Three support specialist went through a few steps to get me connected again very quickly. They are very polite, patient and professional!
Luis Godoy | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 11, 2018

Non Profit accounting solutions

Exceptional Examples of MIP Fund Accounting Support

I had to call Abila to sort out a glitch I had while importing excel files. I only had to wait on the phone line for a brief period before I was helped. The technician knew exactly what the issue was and was able to give me a resolution in less than 5 minutes.
Read Luis Godoy's full review
Jeffrey Chapman | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 08, 2018

You Won't Go Wrong, if You Choose MIPS Fund Accounting

Exceptional Examples of MIP Fund Accounting Support

Frankly, I cannot recall a time when Abila support did not provide me with exceptional support. They stand 100% behind their product, are very knowledgeable about how their product works and are not afraid to acknowledge known problems or issues with their products. Regardless they always do their best to resolve my problems in a timely and courteous manner.
Read Jeffrey Chapman's full review
Shirley Merrick | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2018

Abila - Great FInancial Software for medium to large non profits

Exceptional Examples of MIP Fund Accounting Support

It was before they perfected upgrades. I was having a SQL Server issue. I allowed the tech support person to control my computer and my issues were resolved. I thought I would be late running payroll, which caused much anxiety for me. I was amazed at how quickly the issue could be resolved.
Read Shirley Merrick's full review
Janet Resendiz | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 08, 2018

Honest opinion of MIP

Exceptional Examples of MIP Fund Accounting Support

I do not recall anytime that I received exceptional support for this product. I probably only call support one or two times per year and do not have many issues with the software. I cannot even recall the issue I last contacted them for. Any time I have called, I have been completely satisfied with the support staff.
Read Janet Resendiz's full review
Tracie Lambright | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 04, 2016

One-Stop Shop for all your needs!

Exceptional Examples of MIP Fund Accounting Support

We always get exceptional support, they have excellent customer service and the trainers are always available to answer any questions or assist you with any issues you may have. We even have a favorite trainer!
Read Tracie Lambright's full review

Pay calculation (122)
Benefit plan administration (87)
6.4
Direct deposit files (103)
Salary revision and increment management (93)
Reimbursement management (72)
API for custom integration (76)
6.7
Plug-ins (50)
Single sign-on capability (221)
Role-based user permissions (268)
Dashboards (152)
Cash management (194)
Bank reconciliation (269)
Expense management (214)
Time tracking (79)
Fixed asset management (129)
Multi-currency support (31)
Multi-division support (118)
Regulations compliance (91)
Electronic tax filing (143)
Self-service portal (91)
Manufacturing module (1)
Pricing (49)
6.5
Order entry (51)
Credit card processing (2)
2.5
Cost of goods sold (2)
2.7

About MIP Fund Accounting

MIP Fund Accounting™ is a configurable fund accounting solution that allows you to report and track information that is most important to you, your board and your supporters. According to the vendor, the solution can change and grow with you through your most difficult of fund accounting, human capital management and payroll decisions alike.

MIP Fund Accounting™ exclusively serves the financial management and fund accounting needs for thousands of nonprofits and government agencies. MIP™ has received the Campbell Award for several years in a row. The company focuses on your long-term needs, and allows you to custom design your system to enable you to manage effectively, get timely information, streamline processes and provide strong controls.

MIP™ is a fully integrated system with comprehensive functionality including fund accounting, procurement, budgeting, payroll, human resources, timekeeping, fixed asset management, grant management, dashboards, and more. The flexible structure enables you to manage and report on multiple cost centers at the general ledger level including multiple organizations, funds, projects, grants, programs, departments, locations, etc. The product can be deployed on-premise, in the cloud or self-hosted. Separately, you choose whether you would like to purchase/own the system or if you would like to pay by subscription.

MIP Fund Accounting Features

Does not have featureGlobal Financial Support
Does not have featurePrimary and Secondary Ledgers
Does not have featureIntercompany Accounting
Does not have featureLocalizations
Does not have featureJournals and Reconciliations
Does not have featureEnterprise Accounting
Does not have featureConfigurable Accounting
Does not have featureCentralized Rules Framework
Has featureStandardized Processes
Inventory Management Features
Does not have featureInventory tracking
Does not have featureAutomatic reordering
Does not have featureLocation management
Does not have featureManufacturing module
Order Management Features
Has featurePricing
Has featureOrder entry
Does not have featureCredit card processing
Does not have featureCost of goods sold
Does not have featureOrder Orchestration
Does not have featureEnd-to-end order visibility
Does not have featureOrder exception Resolution
Payroll Management Features
Has featurePay calculation
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Reporting & Analytics Features
Has featureDashboards
Has featureStandard reports
Has featureCustom reports
Customization Features
Has featureAPI for custom integration
Has featurePlug-ins
Security Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions
Has featureSingle sign-on capability
Does not have featureMulti-factor authentication
Has featureUser-level audit trail