MIP Fund Accounting™ is a configurable fund accounting solution. The solution includes functionality for fund accounting, procurement, budgeting, payroll, human resources, timekeeping, fixed asset management, grant management, and dashboards for nonprofits and government agencies.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/vJ/iG/BC1772P0KCTC.PNGMIP Saved The Day!!!Abila MIP Fund Accounting is being used by the finance department and the purchasing department only. All general accounting and financial reporting is performed via MIP. In addition, the purchasing department uses MIP to enter encumbrances to track open purchase orders. Use of MIP has fostered collaboration amongst various departments whose responsibilities impact financial reporting and monitoring of budgets. MIP makes producing financial reports very easy and the ability to quickly modify any report is very helpful.,MIP export to MS Excel functionality is so easy to use and helps us to quickly begin research and/or analysis. The reporting features allow us to pick and choose which columns/fields we would like to see on reports. The option to include or exclude unposted transactions provides a good mechanism for what-if scenarios as it relates to financial statement amounts. The year-end adjustment feature is new for us however it saves valuable time when reviewing transactions/reporting in preparation for our annual audit.,I'd like a better way to forecast expense that allows me to use a different multiplier or factors to augment individual line items. I would like the ability to develop the budget within the software so it would be easier for variance analysis between current budget and new budget or current actuals vs proposed budget,10,The most positive impact MIP had on our overall business objectives was to reduce the amount of time to produce useful reports. We no longer need to convert text files to MS Excel. Being able to add and delete columnar/field data prior to generating the reports has made staff members more productive. Common chart of accounts to use for any center and/or grant,We have definitely achieved the benefit from MIP's design for managing multiple funds from multiple sources as well as across fiscal years. We have two grants currently and one contract that all have different grant budget/contract periods. Comparisons to budget can be performed for each independently and by our agency's fiscal year for audit purposes. This helps us to comply with grant or contract regulations,,Prosoft Solutions,,Adaptive Insights,2,Financial Accounting and Reporting Budget to Actual Reporting Cash Management and Bank Reconciliation,We are still exploring ways to reduce the effort to forecast annual expenses and create financials for our annual report,Direct Budgeting in MIP rather than using another software for the budgeting modeling we require,10,11,Yes,Product Features Product Usability,I would spend more time on understanding our existing challenges to get a better idea of how those could be met by the software.,Third-party professional services,No,Change management was minimal,Training staff to use the software Working with consultant to structure software for the agency's needs,9,No,9,No,Not at this time.,Generating Financial Reports Bank Reconciliations,Getting Budget Amounts into the software,10Track like a ProWe use it primarily in our fiscal department, but provide information from the system to all departments.,Reporting is a great asset. Cost allocation to different funds through payroll is a breeze with this system. I like that you can choose who can perform different functions, and restrict access on an as needed basis.,I would like to be able to pick and choose which entries to post within a batch.,10,It has provided useful information for acquisition of current and new funding.,It has been a wonderful tool to manage all the different funding sources and grants. We have many divisions and those divisions have multiple funding sources within that division. MIP helps us track not only within the division but by the specific grants also.,NP Solutions, Inc.,,,Budgeting billing cash management,I use it to keep track of all our different donors.,I am looking and tracking specific inkind within classes.,10,2,Accounts Payable Basic financial statements Accounts Receivable,Bank Reconciliation Custom financial reports.,Yes,9We're OK with MIP; it was our only option.MIP is our accounting and scholarship system. We keep track of all donations, scholarship distributions, and write all invoices and checks from MIP as well. Our accountant then uses it for reconciliation and adjustments/Journal Entries.,The Interface is easy to understand. It is a typical accounting system. Not as intuitive as I would want, but the accountant loves it better than Quickbooks. As far as accounting software, it appears to be a powerful solution. Yes, it does. Again, the accountant loves it. In our area, it is widely used. Lots of MIP users, yes.,Creating reports is not easy. Not the best with reports. Not intuitive. Integration with sister product FR50 is horrible. They may be owned by the same company, but the interfaces, reports, etc. are not at all similar. How we use it for scholarship management is less than desirable. We had to "make it work".,8,It took a long learning curve to get up and running. We hope after another year we will see a good ROI. We are "used to it" and it is working.,We have 50 sub-funds. Data is pushed over from FR50. It works adequately.,DWD Technology Group,QuickBooks,Google Drive,1,Accounting Scholarship Management Reconciliation,We "made it work" for scholarship management, but nothing "innovative",We actually hoped to replace it, but it will probably due for our needs.,10,2,No,Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor,We would have been better prepared for its lack of ease of use.,Third-party professional services,No,Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled,didn't do what we thought,3,No,5,No,No. I cannot.,posting invoice push from FR50,reports changes,3Newbie's ReviewWe use MIP strictly in the finance department. We use it for all internal accounting. Most of us are relatively new users (less than 3 years), so we're constantly finding new ways to use the program. At year-end, it makes our 1099 generation process much simpler. For my purposes (accounts payable) now that I've worked with the program for a while, it's really quite easy to find just about anything I need (even going back several years).,Accounts can be customized just about any way you want; if you prefer using strictly numbering, or names either can be used as you like. Accounts receivable entries are quick and easy to input. Searching for information in the program is usually very easy.,For the AP module, I have found that it would be nice to be able to change an account name. When a vendor has a name change, the only options are to enter a new account or leave it as is and try to remember what the name is in the system when an invoice comes with the new name. This also applies to our employee accounts - when someone has a name change, we can't just change the account name.,9,The ability to find any information management may need is invaluable. I'm frequently asked to gather pricing information over time, and even though I still have to refer to hard copies at times, knowing exactly when an invoice was entered makes it far easier to locate the hard copy. Getting information into a presentable format for non-accounting personnel is a snap - sending a report to Excel makes it simple to present the information in a format that suits the person or department requesting it.,As a non-profit, we receive grant money that has to be tracked very closely. Each grant has its own code so it can be tracked from receipt to use - with the balance remaining easy to retrieve before purchases are made; departments receiving grant funds can get the information they need for budgeting quickly and accurately.,,,accounts payable accounts receivable general ledger accounting,10,5,AP Module,Reports AR Module,10Abila MIP Fund Accounting is worth a try for any non-profit business!!Abila is being used by our finance and accounting team. We use the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Budgeting and Fixed Assets modules. It addresses all of our business needs and it is very user friendly in terms of use and ability to learn the tasks. The Report Manager feature is also very intuitive and customization is easy and efficient.,Budgeting - provides the ability to work across fiscal years as we have many federal, state and local grants that require different time periods. Once it is set up, then it works seamlessly. Fixed Assets - This module tracks assets and depreciation based on your input and ties this information to the GL in an effective and efficient manner. Report Manager - reporting is very easy as you have many canned reports that can be easily customized to your preferences. You also have the ability to segregate your reports, by name, and store in a file for your easy retrieval and use.,Inputting the budget information can be cumbersome and difficult to understand. It took me a while to get the functionality correct. Understanding which input module to use for what purpose can be a little confusing. For instance Accounts Receivable has areas to input credits, receipts or manual invoices. This can be confusing at first. Setting up codes for new employees or clients can be confusing also as you must input this information into two different setup screens.,9,It's been a positive impact in terms of time saved, personnel, and functionality for the accounting staff. My entire staff enjoys the product and are pleased with the ease of use and reporting capabilities.,Yes, we have multiple sources of funds within our organization and the benefit is tremendous and now we are able to track these funds. The reporting by fund is intuitive and creates a very seamless process. We are able to create income statements and balance sheets by fund type and use this for making management decisions within our organization.,,SAP,Microsoft Access, ADP ezLaborManager,,Accounting reporting Budgeting Financial Statement preparation,Customized reporting to suit your business needs,Payroll,10,3,Not Sure,Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation,I would keep everything the same.,Implemented in-house,5,9,No,Financial Reporting General Ledger review Fixed assets,9My experience with Abila MIP Fund Accounting.Abila MIP Fund Accounting is used by our HR, Accounting, and IT departments to manage employee, payroll, benefit, and budget data across the entire organization. In my experience the chief problem it addresses and the reason for continued use is it is an accounting system designed directly for non-profits.,Managing employees is a breeze. Payroll and direct deposit is very easy to implement using MIP. Plenty of canned reports and the option to build custom reports.,MIP was originally designed as various modules. Even with the current unified UI, it still feels like you are navigating between modules. Their sales team can be frustrating to work with, it seems the resources they have to give to potential customers are limited.,7,We currently have almost 150 funding sources and put zero thought into managing that data, using MIP is that straight forward.,Atlassian Confluence, JIRA Service Desk, Lansweeper,Online training Self-taught,4,Common sense, reviewing Abila resources, and a test environment has produced better results in our experience than training. The only value added we've seen from training was a high-level overview when adding modules, which can be achieved during the sales process.,Transitioning to paperless payroll and direct deposit was very intuitive using this system and the Abila documentation. Forms Designer is a straight forward module with real value. The built-in report designer is an amazing tool once you get past the learning curve.,Inventory management and depreciation seems to take more effort than necessary for such basic tasks. The database is confusingly designed if you have a desire for direct access to your data.,8,Import budget data into MIP from an external system - flat time produced by system pulled into MIP Real-time link to an external electronic timesheet system - basic data pull to system of employee information such as leave amounts Real-time link to an external HR system - basic data pull to system of employee demographic data to avoid duplicate entry,6,Further integration between in-house systems and MIP HR module,File import/export,A strong comfort level with SQL is the only thing needed to start sharing data between MIP and any external applications. The Fund Accounting module will support test databases, the HR module license is linked to one database, unfortunately.Non Profit accounting solutionsWe use Abila MIP to do the process on most of our checks. It is an easy software to use, and it allows our organization to keep track of all of our expense records. We can check our records at all times, and verify dates and totals paid. We also find it to be very helpful for our year end audits. We can run a variety of reports sorted by GL accounts, by dates, and other. The only thing I don't like is that some reports are buggy. For example I cannot run a report that includes both check numbers, and GL numbers on the same report. The tech support is excellent. I have called them up for some issues and they usually resolve my issues the same day.,Ability to run various reports based on the data available Ability to import Excel data into MIP Tech support is fast,Reports could be more functional - have the ability to have both GLs and check numbers on reports Some issues with license validation at random the software will decide not to work Addition of new features more often Add address verification support like ADP. ADP can verify addresses without having to google.,8,A lot of time saving on processes. With the addition of the import feature it has cut our data entry in half.,It is very effective in keeping track of our different funds, locations, and GL accounts. By entering data and recording location codes and fund accounts in our transactions with MIP, we can later create custom reports that can arrange this date into multiple informational reports that can be extracted in seconds.,4,Cutting checks Running reports creating vendors,Running custom reports based on data entered during use. Importing excel files directly into MIP software.,We are expanding to various states, MIP software will be a must accounting tool in future offices.,10,4,No,Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Vendor Reputation Analyst Reports,We would probably search for the same features that we currently use. Maybe take a recommendation from another labor union or non profit organization.,No,8,No,I had to call Abila to sort out a glitch I had while importing excel files. I only had to wait on the phone line for a brief period before I was helped. The technician knew exactly what the issue was and was able to give me a resolution in less than 5 minutes.,setting up vendors is really easy. It takes no more than 5 minutes to create a new vendor and have the ability to pay this vendor in less than 5 minutes. looking up past vendor payments is also real easy and can be modified to have a selected date range for particular queries. During audits it is really easy to run custom reports , with filters ranging from Vendor id's to GL's to specific date ranges.,some reports are still flawed. I still can't understand why I cant have a report that has both check numbers and GL's on the same report. the occasional glitch at start that causes error while logging in can be annoying.,No,8You Won't Go Wrong, if You Choose MIPS Fund AccountingWe use only the Fund Accounting module of MIPS and it is only used by the five members of the Accounting Department. It has been a very effective tool for accurately stating our organization's financial position at any time. Its Fund capability allows us to track and report on Restricted Funds (i.e. Donations and Grants designated for specific purposes). My staff and I have been using MIPS for 10+ years at my current organization and it has been very reliable and generally required a short learning curve for new staff.,Tracking Restricted Funds - It is very easy to see at a glance where we stand with the receipt and use of specific project funding. The Ability to Keep Fiscal Years Open - Some program force you to close out your year within a relatively short period of time. MIPS can be kept open for as long as I need to complete my annual Audit preparation. This relieves pressure. Allows me to easily review my staff's entries, invoices, etc. before they are posted. This eliminates potential errors and corrections.,MIPS needs the ability to drill down. There is currently too much need to write down invoice numbers, JE numbers, etc. in order to cross-reference (view) related documents. MIPS needs to expand the availability of certain data fields. I would like to see more fields available under the Contents Tab when designing reports. Too many times, I will be able to choose a certain field under one report but be unable to access the same field in another report. This requires me to design two or more reports to get what I need. Improve the Historical Invoices Function. Currently it allows you to print the original invoice. If a correction was made afterwards (using the same invoice number), it creates two entries with identical invoice numbers and if you select and print the wrong one, it will not reflect the change. I realize that the Statement capability can address this, but to me Statements should be used to reflect billing amounts and payments received.,10,Though MIPS has not had an easily measurable, tangible impact on our ROI, our ability to satisfy our Funders' reporting requirements has had the intangible benefits of demonstrating Professionalism and Compliance. This makes it easier for us to get renewal funding each year. The accuracy and simplicity of tracking our results by fund also makes annual budgeting process much easier. Likewise, the ease of use of MIPS allows us to get by with less staff than might have been required with a "harder" software package.,Absolutely! This may be the single best feature of MIPS. Separating Funds is an absolute requirement for a nonprofit organization that receives Restricted funds from different sources. This process is easy with MIPS.,,DonorPerfect, Interact,,Billing General Ledger Reporting Accounting for Restricted Funds,We have set up individuals' Liability accounts to track the client checking accounts we manage for our Residential and Supported Living Clients as their Rep Payees. We chose this approach in lieu of setting up separate funds for each client because it provided simplicity and accuracy, at the same time.,If we ever choose to utilize additional modules, it will allow us a smooth link.,10,,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product,I might ask about the product's ability to drill down.,Implemented in-house,This software was implemented by my predecessor immediately before I arrived 12 years ago. I know that there was a lot of upfront planning to determine the desired structure of accounts/reports etc. But I did not here of any significant concerns, because Customer support assisted every step of them way. I have had minimal problems with utilizing the software. I believe this is because it was set up properly.,9,Yes,9,Yes,Frankly, I cannot recall a time when Abila support did not provide me with exceptional support. They stand 100% behind their product, are very knowledgeable about how their product works and are not afraid to acknowledge known problems or issues with their products. Regardless they always do their best to resolve my problems in a timely and courteous manner.,All aspects of Accounts Receivable are smooth and intuitive. All aspects of Accounts Payable are smooth and intuitive. Abila Fund Accounting makes it very easy to analyze historical data for trends and input errors. The Bank Reconciliation capabilities make the reconciliation process smooth and accurate for my staff.,There is no easy "drill down" capability Though the "Data Integrity Check" capabilities are excellent at identified problems with the data, you must call Customer Support to resolve the problems. The add formula's capability is not always intuitive.,9Abila Accounting for Non-Profits-Awesome!I along with our CFO use Abila for non-profits for accounting and fundraising needs. I have been doing bookkeeping for 20+ years and have used other accounting software in the past but feel that Abila is much more user friendly and far superior to them. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking at accounting software for no-profit or business purposes.,Reports are flexible in the choices of information you want to get. They can be easily customized to your specific needs. Corrections to unposted and posted entries are easily made. I like that the accounting and payroll are now together on the same application instead of two separate ones. Before they were combined I had to open two separate apps, one for accounting and one for payroll and keep switching back and forth between them. Now it is just the one and it is so much easier and convenient for them to be combined.,We have employees that work different shifts and get a pay differential depending on what shift they are working. I need to do two separate paychecks for the different pay rates for those employees. It would be easier if there was a way to do a single check with the split rates on it. Although the reports are easy to customize there are some instances when you want certain information on a report and the choice for that information is not available for you to choose. You can easily reverse and copy a posted accounts payable entry, but that option is not available for checks issued in a write checks session. You would either have to do a journal entry or void the check and re-write it with the same check no. and print it on plain paper. Kind of a pain.,10,Abila has been a great tool for tracking donors and their donations as well as grants, both private and government and putting them in the proper general ledger accounts, departments and divisions. It has also been a great way to distribute employees salaries to restricted funds from grants and unrestricted funds from other sources.,We are able to track and manage donors and their donations and grants form private and government sources, whether it is to our organization or our Endowment Foundation.,,Microsoft Office 365,2,Payroll Financial reports Grant tracking Accounts payable Cash donation entries and tracking,employee hours various wage earning codes number of employees that were employed at specific date ranges.,I don't have anything specific at this time,10,2,No,Product Features Product Usability,I wasn't involved in the selection process as I wasn't here at that time.,Implemented in-house,I don't know as I wasn't employed here when the implementation was made.,1,In-person training Self-taught,8,Yes. If you have an accounting background and experience with other accounting software it is pretty easy to learn and use the help features.,7,No,No I cannot.,Payroll Processing Cash Receipt Entering Accounts Payable Processing,Reverse & Copy It is sometimes difficult to get the information I need in some of the reports.,Yes, but I don't use it,9,9,8,10,Yes,We still don't have the current payroll tax rates, which is what we needed, but we did get updated W-4 abilities.,Current payroll tax rates.,NoAbila - Great FInancial Software for medium to large non profitsAbila MIP Fund Accounting is utilized for all our electronic accounting needs - general ledger, payroll, and reports to board and management.,Ability to produce reports to management and funding agencies The audit trails are fantastic User Friendly Ease in navigating through modules,Ability to exclude inactive, discontinued, terminated, etc., vendor and payroll accounts when looking up accounts "Select All" option when transferring from payroll to general ledger Expanding fields available for filtering when generating reports in payroll,9,Clean CPA audits Excellent financial reviews from funders Creation of reports required by potential sources of funds results in increased funding,We have funding sources that require that we breakdown funding from them by titles. The ability to structure the chart of accounts to make this possible is available thru Abila and has proven to be invaluable. For example we receive funds from the state unit on aging - Older Americans Act funding; state funding, department of labor funding, etc. The Older Americans Act funding is broken down by Title i.e., IIIB, IIIC,IIID,IIE. The state unit requires that we track and report out on all of these separately. Structuring of the chart account makes this possible.,,Microsoft Office 2016,1,Payroll Reporting Financial Management,Create reports to drop directly into our annual report Provide all necessary schedules to do annual 990 Preparing annual audited financial statement worksheets,human resources benefit tracking,10,3,Yes,Price Product Usability Product Reputation Third-party Reviews,Do not believe I would change.,Professional services company,Yes,Change management was minimal,Employee attitude to change purchasing necessary hardware to meet specifications cost,9,No,9,No,It was before they perfected upgrades. I was having a SQL Server issue. I allowed the tech support person to control my computer and my issues were resolved. I thought I would be late running payroll, which caused much anxiety for me. I was amazed at how quickly the issue could be resolved.,Data Input Reporting Electronic Fund Transfer,Using budget worksheet Selecting items when transferring payroll to general ledger Correcting payroll distribution errors,Yes, but I don't use it,9Honest opinion of MIPMIP is used by the entire organization. We currently use the accounts payable, general ledger and budgeting modules. MIP is excellent for allocating costs across all programs. It allows us to easily run reports based on project codes as well as program codes. It saves time and key stroke errors by being able to save allocations used frequently.,Cost allocation. It's easy to set up distribution codes to easily allocate costs. The Budget module is easy to use. It's easy to distribute the budget across all 12 months. Ability to save general ledger entries. Saves time when entering monthly recurring transactions.,Reporting. If you select the wrong option in the drop down box, you need to go back to the start. Still no change in this. Credits in A/P. If I need to use a distribution code for a credit, I need to enter the invoice total as a positive number and then change it to negative after the allocation. I would like to be able to pay vendors without creating a vendor record, e.g., one-time vendors. We often have vendors that we pay one time and they have to have a record created for them.,9,I cannot think of an impact MIP has had on our business. It is the only computer based system the agency has used and has been using it for 18 years. There have been no instances that have not had a solution using the software.,Blackbaud CRM,Microsoft Office 2016, Adobe Acrobat DC,,Ability to track multiple projects Run the necessary reports for funders Track the issuance of 1099s.,I do not know of any innovative or unexpected ways we use the software other than the purpose it was intended for.,I do not know of any additional ways MIP will be used in the future.,9,1,No,Price Product Features,I would definitely speak to other users of the software as well as visiting some companies that use the software. It would be good to be able to see it in action in a real setting as well as talk to the users who deal with the software every day and understand how it really works.,Don't know,I am unaware how implementation went as I was not employed by the agency at the time.,5,Self-taught,Yes, the software is easy to use. The only training I received was from the previous user who was not using it to its full potential. The ability to export files to excel had never been explored by the previous user. When I first tried to use it, I was unable. I then discovered it was due to the software not being set to export.,9,I do not have any specific recommendations.,No - we have not done any custom code,No - we have not done any customization to the interface,There are none I can mention.,9,No,I do not recall anytime that I received exceptional support for this product. I probably only call support one or two times per year and do not have many issues with the software. I cannot even recall the issue I last contacted them for. Any time I have called, I have been completely satisfied with the support staff.,General ledger entries are easy to enter. Very straight forward entry. Accounts Payable is also easy to work with.,Budgets. It would be helpful to be able to take the prior year budget and edit and save as the new year budget. That would make things much easier. It isn't straight forward on how to print the budget once you have the entry ready.,Yes, but I don't use it,9,9,10,10,None,5,No,File import/export,As far as the usage with Adobe and Excel, it has been wonderful to be able to run a report and export it to Adobe for ease of sharing the information.,5,5,I am unaware of what was negotiated during the sale of the software.,I have no comment on the vendor as I have had no contact with them.,Yes,I cannot recall what the most recent upgrades were for.,I hope to see better reporting as far as ease of navigating within the report area of the software.,No,NoWe Have Been With Abila MIP for 4 years!We are using Abila MIP in the Finance Department. It is our only accounting software. We use the Accounts Payable, Cash Disbursements, Cash Receipts and Accounts Receivable Billings [modules].The one thing I like which is of great importance; I do not call often, but their support department has always solved my problem. They can log in to your system using Citrix. When you call in for an issue you are on hold for a while - but you can leave your phone number for a call back and they have always called me back!We were able to customize our general ledger coding and departments and do department level financials and reports as well as organizational financials and reports. It has a drill down feature in several places (there could be more). We are required to have a yearly audit and Abila MIP has been able to produce the reports and financials required.I just wish they would include the customer's address when you are posting in cash receipts,When you use the support Line, they call you back if you leave a callback number. Easy to use and learn for data entry and basic, daily use, and frequently used programs. General Ledger, department and program coding can be customized. They have enhanced the bank reconciliation process and voiding checks in accounts payable - both are important to me. They do improve the software - they do not let it go stagnant.,For 1099s the program is user unfriendly. The program could exclude YTD payments under $600 automatically. In accounts payable entries, vendor addresses come up automatically. Need to add that functionality to Accounts Receivable Receipts module and Cash Receipts module. Cash Receipts module needs to be integrated with Accounts Receivable. Donors in cash receipts need to be fully credited with donation (Revenue) even if processing fees are deducted. Rather than recording the full donation to the donor's account, the amount of the deposit (less processing fees) is recorded in the donor record. A serious problem in my mind; forces you to use full Accounts Receivable module which I only use for billings to largest donors. I would still like them to show the address of the customer when you are entering receipts in the cash receipts module.,9,It has allowed us to record revenue and expenses with relative ease of use which helps us more closely track expenses by program and provide accurate financial statements. It provides the options to break out revenues and programs in great detail - great for tracking individual programs,We are able to track a number of revenue sources. We are able to report them at the program level as well as department level and organization level. Abila MIP provides for unrestricted,temporarily restricted and restricted funds. We are able to produce reports that record Federal, State, and municipal monies as well as grants and individual & business donations. We are able to produce reports that are necessary for 990 requirements. Still happy with breakout of multiple funds. Works well,,2,Writing checks cash receipts module financial statements,customizing revenue & expense tracking of small programs,interface with development software - SalesForce,9,4,No,9,I was locked up - don't remember the problem or what application I was in -couldn't use the software. They were swift at getting me back running again,Entering invoices writing checks,managing recurring entries was difficult to understand when we first started out,9Ideal for Head Start with Multiple funding streamsIt is used by the finance and accounting department. Our reports are shared with the entire organization - particularly the Board of Directors and Policy Council.We are a multi-funded small non profit ($8million) and it definitely makes accounting easier with a package than can cost allocate multiple streams of funding.,Multiple funding stream cost allocations Ease of setting up customized reports Relatively easy to learn,Encumbrance package is a bit more confusing Personalization of reports is sometimes limited Local training is limited,8,Employee efficiency Better reporting Encumbrance model caused alot of unnecessary problems,Mas 90,Microsoft Access, Microsoft Exchange,,Minimal support needed Ease of use Multiple funding sources Ease of developing reports,Combined funding report,Better use of encumbrances,9,3,Yes,Product Features Product Usability,We are pleased with our selection and vendor selection for install and training.,Professional services company,Yes,Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled,no significant issues. We were well prepared. Wessell Consulting did excellent job.,10,Yes,10,Yes,Our third party vendor (reseller) Wessell Accounting always respons within 24 hours - usually within 1 hour! Had a serious issue with payrolla nd they "fixed" it wihin 1 hour - saving the day.,Reporting Cost allocation Reoccuring bills,Encumbrances,8Overview from daily userWe use Abila MIP Fund Accounting as our accounting software. We also use the payroll and marketing programs. We don't use the budgeting part. I don't have any problems with the accounting software but it could be a little more user friendly. Some of the reporting and transactions are difficult to use.,Financial Reports are really good. A/P is fairly easy to process Customer service is good,I would like for name fields to be set up differently. Last name and first name in a separate field. Sorting is impossible when the entire name is in one field. Recurring entries are difficult to use. Writing a one time check is difficult.,7,It has expanded our reporting capabilities Different account number combinations have improved our expense and revenue tracking,I can not answer this question,,Microsoft Access,Copying journal vouchers from month to month is easy and efficient. Printing financial statements is a breeze. Being able to filter the statements by departments is great! The check writing process is easy.,Sorting reports by name is difficult. I wish there were two columns, last name and first name Recurring accounts payable doesn't allow you to change the invoice number. We can not use it. Our billing process is very cumbersome but it is partly our fault because of the way we set it up.,8Great Accounting System for All Non-ProfitsWe use Abila MIP Fund Accounting as our accounting software for the entire organization. It is being used by the accounting department of approximately 5 people, including myself. Since we are solely funded by grants and contributions, it keeps all our sources of funds segregated. It is very easy to use for this purpose.,Segregation of different types of funds. Reporting module very versatile. We have been able to create all different types of reports that our old system could not do. Accounts receivable system easy to use and track what's owed to the organization. Allocation module is a great tool for allocating out costs across the board.,The allocation module works off of one account code. If that account does not have activity for the period of the allocation, it will not run and we have to go back in and change it to an account that does have activity for the period. Another problem with the allocation module is in one that we have set up for fringe benefits. There is no way to set the fringe benefit rate. The allocation automatically pulls the rate that is entered for our overhead allocation and we need to manually change it to the correct rate.,10,There has been a very positive impact of MIP on our organization. We have been able to do more than we could with any other system. We can create and provide reports to management that we would not have been able to in the past.,Yes, we have completely achieved that benefit. We have many different sources of funding as previously noted. We transitioned to this system 9 years ago for this exact purpose.,fundware,QuickBooks Pro,2,Yes,9,No,Most of our support comes from an outside consulting firm.,Financial Reporting- you can customize most reports to your need Accounts receivable Journal Entries,Set up of 1099 vendors has some issues because we have vendors with expenses that require a 1099 and also expenses that don't. Imports- these are great, but they are not pre-set. You need to have a support person help you set them up. User Set up- You have to set up each and every aspect of the users tasks and sometimes tasks are in areas you wouldn't even think to look at. It would be easier if you could say, yes, give the person all rights to Accounts Payable, rather than having to check each task off. A copy function would also be helpful where you can copy from a previous user.,No,9Abila MIP great toolAbila allows for a much quicker way to produce financials statements than using Excel. Abila address unique needs that NFPs have. Abila also makes data entry extremely easy. MIP does a great job of balancing flexibility with ease of use.,Reporting Data entry Ease of use,More customization Statistical reporting Works much better as an on premise software than hosted,7,We cannot measure it but it made us more efficient,We only had one fund,,Sage Intacct, Nexonia Expenses,2,Tracking expenses by grants Tracking expenses by programs Tracking net assets by restriction,Use the purchasing module for check requests,allowing grant managers to track budget to actuals,1,10,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation,We would plan for a software that could grow with us.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,Just the time to clean up old data,10,No,8,No,They helped with a data corruption and did not charge.,Reporting AP Invoices,Purchasing,Yes, but I don't use it,8One-Stop Shop for all your needs!We use Abila as our main accounting system to manage our federal and state grants. It is primarily used by our finance staff and CFO only.,Abila's functionality for our office includes fund accounting, grants managements, payroll, human resources, and timekeeping. It allows us to report on multiple cost centers for multiple organizations and programs across all grants on the federal and state level. The imbedded reports writer provides extensive reports and you can customize them anyway you want them or your board wants them.,Sometimes pulling reports or building the reports to give you the results you want is difficult to achieve. Creating budgets was a challenge at first as was updating those budgets when revisions occur. We would like to see a copy and paste function added so when entering or changing descriptions you don't have to continually keep typing them over and over.,9,Having all the modules in one convenient place has saved our company money as well as time. Our finance team is much more efficient because of the combined modules, its a one-stop shop! One negative impact is how long it takes someone to be trained to use the software effectively and efficiently.,Our company does use MIP to manage multiple funds from multiple funding sources, both federal and state, and it has the functionality to do this efficiently and effectively. Once you have a good training background, it is easier to convey the data the way management wants it and MIP makes it easy to do so.,,QuickBooks Premier,Not Sure,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product,I wouldn't change anything.,No,10,No,We always get exceptional support, they have excellent customer service and the trainers are always available to answer any questions or assist you with any issues you may have. We even have a favorite trainer!,I love the fact that you can pull in data from Excel spreadsheets and vice versa.,Reporting and budget have been difficult and time consuming at first, but once you get the hang of it you are okay.,9Abilia - Take It or Leave It.It is being used by the whole organization. It is being used to track income and expenses by grant funding source, generate payroll and related reports, record and pay A/P, and record journal vouchers. It has given us the room to grow our reporting. As a grantee that receives a majority funds from the government, it allows us to provide more detailed reporting.,I particularly like the copy/rename reports features. It allows the user to make slight changes to reports they may use frequently and save the report with a new name. This saves time when detailed reports are needed quickly. I like the payroll function and the ability to allocate payroll between accounts rather than to calculate it manually. I appreciate the recaps at the bottom of the AP & JV screens which show the accounts being referenced and whether the transaction is balance. It is a good double check.,The print on the screen is so small (probably an 8 font), it is hard to read for older users. I would like to be able to change the name of a vendor without deleting it and then re-adding it which loses the history. Sometimes company names change but other aspects remain the same. Or you may mistype a name and need to correct it. There is no easy way to change the chart of accounts if you need to do renumbering. If the person establishing the chart of accounts isn't experienced with it, there is no way to correct the mistakes. This is true especially for the numbering order and leaving enough space between numbers. I wish there was a hard copy manual that clarifies what happens when specific information is typed or requested. For example: What happens in the system when you are writing a reversing journal entry. It allows for 4 different types of reversing entries, but doesn't identify the difference so one would know which one to select. I would like to be able to refer back to other reports when using the "drill-down". The system doesn't allow for that.,8,I was not part of the decision making process. I do not know the overall business objective. One must be very experienced working with integrated financial systems to get the best use of this software.,We are starting to use this feature more each month as I become more familiar with all that the software can do. We are still in the process of fully benefiting from this feature.,,2,1,Payroll Accounts Payable Financial Statement & reports by grant Ability to integrate with W-2s and year-end payroll reporting.,9,QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions,Yes,Product Features,I would have documentation on how and why this product was chosen, how it was implemented, etc.,Professional services company Don't know,9,In-person training,8,Again I know nothing about it.,8,No,Our vendor has provided us with excellent support.,The payroll tax system is particularly nice.,Learning the recurring entries has been tricky. I haven't been able to fully use the system the way I would like because it is hard to get all the information I need to make decisions.,8,8,8,9,The payroll system is integrated with Payroll taxes and Atrix.,No, not at this time.,File import/export,Really know what you are doing before trying to do integration.,9,10,If you need an immediate response or help, you may not be able to reach them. They are very good about answering e-mails and will call you back when they get a message.,I know there is probably an upgrade coming before the end of the year, but it has not been implemented yet. I would hope upgrades remove some of the difficulties in using the system. The integration with Atrix upgrades any tax law or payroll report form changes.,NoSuccessful financial management for non-profit businesses.Abila MIP Fund Accounting is our main accounting software. We use it to manage our revenue and expense budgets against actual results. The monthly department statements and activity reports are distributed to budget managers on a monthly basis for variance reports. All cash receipts and disbursements are processed through the accounting system with great success and good reporting capabilities.,We have had success in managing Accounts Payable and Cash Receipts in Abila MIP Fund Accounting. The input of items is not difficult and the reports that can be generated are useful. Managing our annual budget vs. actual results is easily done with this software. We report on variances monthly through the use of the general ledger activity reports and the income statements. We do not process payroll through this software. However when we first began using MIP Fund Accounting software I did use the payroll module and found it very easy to use. The ability to export reports to Excel files is extremely helpful for analyzing data and reporting on it.,The import feature is available however I have not successfully used this function. I attended a live training several years ago and the trainers were not able to assist me in importing the payroll journal entry that I enter monthly. Creating 1099s at calendar year-end has not worked well for us. It would be much more useful to be able to print reports for use with outside vendors. The version of MIP affects the use of internal reporting...not sure why!,8,We have experienced positive impact on our business as we are capable of managing to budget and maintaining daily accounting functions with Abila MIP Fund Accounting.,We do track financial information by funds primarily when grant funds are awarded and subsequently expended. We also use project codes to manage projects each year.,,QuickBooks Pro,,1,Accounts payable - to maintain on time payments to all vendors Cash receipts - to accurately record all cash activity General ledger - budget management of revenue and expenses,We use the cash flow statements for management purposes as well as the reports that help with projections for future periods.,10,Entering invoices is not difficult and moving through the accounts payable process up to payment of invoices is a simple process. Entering data in the system is not at all difficult. The ability to somewhat customize for personal preferences is good! In my opinion, running various financial reports is an easy process and the ability to export to Excel or create as a pdf document is a bonus.,The process for producing vendor 1099s at year-end does not work well in Abila MIP Fund Accounting. I have a work-around to gather the information and I use an outside vendor to prepare the forms and submit them. I would prefer it to work in the accounting system...,9I love MIP!MIP is being used to track revenue and expenses for UW Advancement, UW Alumni Association, and the UW Foundation. It allows us to cut data into many different slices or combine specific data with ease. It also allows us to upload data from the university financial system electronically which cuts down on time and entry errors.,It has a relational data base so the same segments can be used for several areas but still allow for specification in reporting. The review seats let us give access to people outside the finance department while maintaining the integrity of the data. Easily manipulate reporting selections to quickly make changes and be able to analyze data in several different ways - by segment, by date, by columns.,I would like to be able to post annual budget figures by cutting and pasting from Excel. We used to be able to do that but the feature disappeared a few years ago. The email feature does not work for us because of the configuration of the university servers. It would be great if you could explore the compatibility with large systems with several layers of security. The adding reports to the Favorites section does not always work. Several times I have not been able to find the report I want to add in the drop down list. This happens regardless of adding the report and shutting down the system and restarting it.,10,MIP has had a positive impact on ROI for us. The savings in staff hours has more than paid for the software and the annual maintenance fee. MIP has enabled us to provide accurate data in a variety of report types. MIP has given the report users access to timely data.,I believe we have achieved this benefit by being able to track revenues and expenses from different funding sources. We can run reports on the data by a specific source or in combination. The system also allows reporting across fiscal years which is great if the funding sources runs on a different reporting timeline than we do.,Microsoft Dynamics GP,Trello,14,1,Accurate and timely revenue and expense reporting to managers. Reporting transactions to managers and administrative staff.,We are able to record the same transactions in two legal entities.,Possibly use it for charts.,10,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Prior Experience with the Product Vendor Reputation,I would not do anything different.,Vendor implemented,No,Change management was minimal,Figuring out what segments to use. Trying to match the university legacy system with MIP so that transactions could be imported instead of entered manually.,10,9,No,Thankfully we have not had any problems that have required exceptional support.,Financial Reporting Budget Entry Transaction Entry,Maintaining system security Adding or deleting users Chart of accounts report,Yes, but I don't use it,10Abila is excellent product especially for experienced ones!!!Abila MIP Fund Accounting software is used by the Finance Director and AP/Payroll Technician. We have executive view users that can access the software to pull up information. Our finance director does the financial reports. Together, we process accounts payable, receivable, payroll, HR, [and provide] financial reports to board of directors, and various agencies for grant reporting. We are primarily a federally funded agency and this software keeps us in compliance. Abila MIP Fund Accounting was purchased for that reason.,There are several options for pulling posted general ledger reports based on how the user would like to extract information. Exporting in Excel in order to manually double check your work. HR and Payroll module work together well and makes less work for me.,For first time users this product can be overwhelming. May take a user about six months in order to feel comfortable using. Not being able to insert rows working in an entry. More default reports that are easier to find.,8,With experience this software is only as smart as the user. This software can do many things. The time to train staff on the software can be overwhelming. Financial reporting is a great tool.,We manage over twenty different funds and this software accommodates us. With the different segments we have endless ways of tracking our government funds.,,QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions,9,Yes,I had set up the wrong pay period dates and the gentleman made sure to stay on the line to help me correct and advised me of other concerns that I might encounter.,I use the HR and Payroll module and enjoy the features that streamline my work. Memorized transactions are great for journal vouchers and account payable. Auditing tracking is a great tool!,A new user may find this software overwhelming. This software requires a lot of setups in order to process AP or payroll. Reports may have YTD instead of PTD.,9Abila Mip Fund Accounting; Non Profits Accounting Software Source.Abila MIP Fund Accounting, currently we have the payroll module, hr Management module. Accounting MIP is used daily.The Payroll Module is used twice a month, from entering hours worked to calculating taxes, Producing year end tax forms.HR Management, I found this module is helpful, however we are not using this program to its fullest ability, we are still using paper time sheets and entering them in manually. I only wish that we could intergrade the HR WEB Time Sheets.,Good program for Non-Profits, reports are easy to customize. Tracking entries and payments are easy. The Payroll module is easy to navigate and transferring PAYROLL to Accounting is very easy.,More details on each transaction; Example, enter invoice, processed and paid, to be able to click on the vendors payment and see all the functions effected during the process from entering to cutting a check for this vendor. Currently, if we had a questions an invoice and to see what functions effected, I would have to open two screens.,8,Abila MIP Funding, to be able to transfer Payroll to the accounting with double entry is a major time saver.,8Non-Profit Organization - Multiple Fund AccountsAbila MIP is used primarily by our Finance Department. Some program directors do have access to, and use, the software. Abila MIP is our primary accounting software.,Reports are easily created and used. Accounts payable system is extensive and friendly. Entries are easy to make and Abila provides lots of references for training and use of the system.,Entering budgets - we have only been able to do this manually. If it is possible to import from Excel we need to know.,7,I have not done a ROI calculation for our investment in Abila but I can say that we have been able to bridge gaps with the parts of our organization that do the field work by using Abila reports so they can see the impact their work has on our financials.,Our organization manages over 80 fund accounts from donations, local, state and federal sources. Abila does have all of the functionality we need to manage the funds, organize reports and data so that we can effectively manage our programs.,15,2,Accounts Payable Fund distribution Accounting,We have provided access to some of our more fiscally minded program directors so they can assist with building and managing budgets.,Our hope for use in the future is ease of budgets and we are hoping to add the purchase order module to enter invoices.,9,Setting up group codes, new general ledger and grant codes Running revenue and expense reports,Setting up large and complex budgets,No,7It's worth a millionIt's currently being used across whole organization. It is being used in accounts and the HR office. It is hooked up with Microix WorkFlow modules. The application is the key to resolve the reconciliation issues.,Assets and Depreciation Payable Reporting Posting to Microix Scheduling,Payable emails PF emails Stubs Imports in Bulks,7,It meets our requirements not all of them but we are very comfortable with it.,We are also a non profit organization at Forman Christian College and we are already able to benefit from this.,JMT Consulting Group, Inc.- NY Area,,70,2,Payable Accounting Assets Reconciliation,Robust analytics tools and role-based dashboards helps us harness important data from the database, and find, report, and track data that is most important to each audience. With secure, open APIs, We can bypass integration headaches and focus on growing their organization by integrating with other key applications that meet their needs. MIP Advance provides us integration with Abila Elevate, Abila Fundraising 50, and Abila Fundraising and also with other fundraising products offered by companies that believe in the power of open integration.,Get it hooked up with our receivable system and get it posted. We have a receivable system and we want it to interface. We also have a check in system which we would like to integrate with time sheets.,8,EmpowerID, Oracle Advanced Analytics, Azure SQL Database,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Prior Experience with the Product,Well, I would require the accounts department to enlist their complete requirements and have them analyse the application rather executive body as the direct users need to analyse the application.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was a major issue with the implementation,Some times errors of SQL Application Launch Share Permissions,4,Online training In-person training Self-taught,1,8,It is pretty much self explanatory. If you are acquainted with accountancy terms and have the foundation knowledge you can pretty much do a lot of things.,4,They should put in all the configuration while setting it up, so that administrator already knows what to do.,No - we have not done any customization to the interface,No - we have not done any custom code,No,No,5,No,No they always charge for extra support or for anything they call exceptional support.,Extraction of report Transfers View Records,Imports Bridging third party application Creating reports from Other tools,No,4,6,5,7,Empower sis,6,Empower and Microix,File import/export Single Signon API (e.g. SOAP or REST),They shall provide open source scripting to get other system attached with the tables.,6,6,Self Hosting and Keeping up security of transactions very well.,Security Webinar should be created and posted for administrators for better reviews in reporting.,Yes,Reporting Capabilities across MIP to improve the ability to track report. Enhanced Key Accounts Payable workflows New Administration options supporting audit trails.,Integration with REST BASED API for TIME SHEETS Payable Salary Slip Email directly from the MIP System,No,NoOne of the strongest supports in our HouseIt is used for finance, AP and AR, integration of payroll data into general ledger expenditure and budgeting functions, budget management and reporting, and for government and internal reporting requirements. We are a government funded agency that has had to maintain our accounting in accordance with government reporting and record keeping requirement. MIP was purchased because it provided a format that was consistent with these requirements. We have four users.,Abila manages the cost accounting data management and reporting functions exceptionally well. The data is easily translated into our government reporting format, allowing for quarterly reporting efficiencies. We invested in Abila because it also had good functionality for medicaid billing and accounting requirements. It integrates with Single Audit Accounting requirements. Our IT staff has been able to develop links to the MIP data to maintain current actuals to budget information. Service and support staff has always been on target and effective in managing any problems.,The product was hard to learn and initially was not well known so new staff need a longer learning curve. MIP is fairly well used in our industry especialy with small to midsize not for profits and therefore we have been able to hire new staff without have the challenges during early use. A great improvement. We do not use the budgeting module because when we tried to it was too complicated. My staff has not tried since the initial period because it was easy to load the budget but because of our challenges with our state's budgeting requirements, changes to the budget makes it more of a hassle to change. We have been discussing trying to use the budgeting feature again and will investigate if the product has improved since we last tried. We have not tried the cloud product because the present product meets our needs. There may be features that make some of the features I have noted easier to manage.,6,We have not transitioned to MIP Advance. Our accountant thought that our accounting needs were too simplistic to justify the move. The initial investment and annual renewal has had a very positive impact on our overal business objectives. We are aware of the other modules and are presently facing a business transformation that may require additional features. Overall the integration of the data for the reporting and analysis requirements of our business has been highly effective. We believe that this was one of the best investments we have made in business software.,Initially no, however as our business grew we have really appreciated this benefit. It has helped us keep costs down by making our management of the fund income and expenses from multiple sources more efficient and easily managed by one person.Reconciliations have been very easy to maintain and internal audit has also been very easily completed.,,Microsoft Access, Microsoft Exchange,,,Accounts Receivable (Managing the Invoicing and Cash Receivables) Accounts Payable (Managing the Invoicing, Accrual Accounting, Aging) General Ledger and Reconciliation Budget Management and Reporting to Funding Source,Not sure if this is innovative but one of our Directors who was quite proficient in Excel was able to develop a system (formulas in Excel) that pulled the data from our Payroll data base and upload it into our MIP general ledger. A two hour task took 5 minutes with the bridge program he developed. It has been hard to maintain because of recent reorganization that has resulted in position shifts and he was the only person that could do this level of Excel programming. He no longer is with the company.,We are beginning Fund Raising and will be exploring the module that integrates with this. The Budgeting Module is also on our radar.,10,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor Third-party Reviews,Wouldn't change a thing. This was one of the best process outcomes this agency has achieved in our business management.,Professional services company,No,Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled,The coding (charting) of the departments. It caused some difficulty in accurate reporting. We learned to keep it simple. The learning curve was a little long. The Budgeting Module was very challenging and was ultimately abandoned. Our implementation person was more focused on the accounting implementation and was not concerned about the budgeting feature.,7,Yes,10,Yes,We had an IT melt down and almost lost all our data. It took a long time and a lot of work with our IT contractor, our finance team and the Abila staff but they worked through all the glitches and were able to restore all the data.,AP AR Journal Entries Reporting,The Budgeting Module was cumbersome and difficult and therefore abandoned.,Yes, but I don't use it,8
Windows
MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>TRScore

MIP Fund Accounting Reviews

MIP Fund Accounting

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 39 of 618 MIP Fund Accounting ratings and reviews.

January 18, 2019

Newbie's Review

Usability

All aspects of our business can be imported into or out of the program as needed.

Usability

Every software platform has issues and MIP is no different. There is plenty of room for UI improvement and streamlining workflow processes in the product, along with needed reform to the training and partner areas. However, we have used MIP for over a decade and have reviewed other products countless times. Nothing else we have found on the market fits our business model as well as MIP Fund Accounting.
Luis Godoy profile photo

Usability

It is a great software to use but it can still improve in some areas. Like if they could add spelling check function. Most software this day has spelling check as a standard function. Maybe if they could also expand the filters available when running custom reports would be very helpful.
Read Luis Godoy's full review
Jeffrey Chapman profile photo

Usability

Overall, the software has many useful features and is generally east to use, however, when the Data Integrity Check function identifies a problem, it is not clear what caused the problem (so we can avoid making the same error in the future) and it requires us to call Customer Support to resolve the problem. This last step is unnecessarily time consuming.
Read Jeffrey Chapman's full review
Shirley Merrick profile photo

Usability

The menu driven software is really user friendly. This makes training new staff the software run smoothly. Creating reports for board presentations, to do monthly reporting to funders and ease in transferring files to Excel are great.
Read Shirley Merrick's full review
Janet Resendiz profile photo
January 08, 2018

Honest opinion of MIP

Usability

Very easy to use. It does help if you have prior database knowledge. It was easy to create reports to get the information out of the system. The canned reports are a great place to start to work on customizing for your own use.
Read Janet Resendiz's full review
Rebecca Ball profile photo
January 08, 2018

Overview from daily user

Usability

Overall MIP works well. There are things that I wish were different but no major complaints. I haven't used other non-profit software so I really don't have anything to compare to but the basic accounting functions are good.
Read Rebecca Ball's full review
Christine Frenzel profile photo

Usability

If you are not an accountant, it would be very difficult to use. As an accountant there are aspects that are so specific that if you do not understand how they work and hand off to other parts of the software, you can really mess up your reporting.
Read Christine Frenzel's full review
Nikki Patterson profile photo
July 27, 2016

I love MIP!

Usability

MIP is fairly easy to learn and to update. Whether it's transaction entry or reporting it has logical steps and maintains consistency. These are things that make usability a positive and not a negative.
Read Nikki Patterson's full review
Carol Dougherty profile photo

Usability

When MIP is not available because of computer challenges my team freezes. They rely that heavily on it on a regular basis. It is the foundation of our entire cash management, budgeting, our entire finance accountability system. It is the go to for data to track vendors, use, customers over the last 15 years. It is one of the key bricks in our business management foundation. It has never let us down.
Read Carol Dougherty's full review

Pay calculation (121)
Benefit plan administration (86)
6.6
Direct deposit files (102)
Salary revision and increment management (92)
Reimbursement management (71)
6.4
API for custom integration (74)
Plug-ins (48)
Single sign-on capability (220)
Role-based user permissions (266)
Dashboards (151)
Cash management (191)
Bank reconciliation (267)
Expense management (212)
Time tracking (77)
Fixed asset management (126)
Multi-currency support (30)
Multi-division support (116)
Regulations compliance (89)
Electronic tax filing (141)
Self-service portal (89)
Manufacturing module (1)
Pricing (50)
6.5
Order entry (51)
Credit card processing (2)
2.5
Cost of goods sold (2)
2.7

About MIP Fund Accounting

MIP Fund Accounting™ is a configurable fund accounting solution that allows you to report and track information that is most important to you, your board and your supporters. According to the vendor, the solution can change and grow with you through your most difficult of fund accounting, human capital management and payroll decisions alike.

MIP Fund Accounting™ exclusively serves the financial management and fund accounting needs for thousands of nonprofits and government agencies. MIP™ has received the Campbell Award for several years in a row. The company focuses on your long-term needs, and allows you to custom design your system to enable you to manage effectively, get timely information, streamline processes and provide strong controls.

MIP™ is a fully integrated system with comprehensive functionality including fund accounting, procurement, budgeting, payroll, human resources, timekeeping, fixed asset management, grant management, dashboards, and more. The flexible structure enables you to manage and report on multiple cost centers at the general ledger level including multiple organizations, funds, projects, grants, programs, departments, locations, etc. The product can be deployed on-premise, in the cloud or self-hosted. Separately, you choose whether you would like to purchase/own the system or if you would like to pay by subscription.

MIP Fund Accounting Features

Does not have featureGlobal Financial Support
Does not have featurePrimary and Secondary Ledgers
Does not have featureIntercompany Accounting
Does not have featureLocalizations
Does not have featureJournals and Reconciliations
Does not have featureEnterprise Accounting
Does not have featureConfigurable Accounting
Does not have featureCentralized Rules Framework
Has featureStandardized Processes
Inventory Management Features
Does not have featureInventory tracking
Does not have featureAutomatic reordering
Does not have featureLocation management
Does not have featureManufacturing module
Order Management Features
Has featurePricing
Has featureOrder entry
Does not have featureCredit card processing
Does not have featureCost of goods sold
Does not have featureOrder Orchestration
Does not have featureEnd-to-end order visibility
Does not have featureOrder exception Resolution
Payroll Management Features
Has featurePay calculation
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Reporting & Analytics Features
Has featureDashboards
Has featureStandard reports
Has featureCustom reports
Customization Features
Has featureAPI for custom integration
Has featurePlug-ins
Security Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions
Has featureSingle sign-on capability
Does not have featureMulti-factor authentication
Has featureUser-level audit trail