Good background app to give accessMy current and previous companies both use (or used) the Mobileiron app for their company issued smartphones that are linked to the each of the company's servers. The software's goal is to provide an additional layer of security for mobile phones and controlling how they connect to the company's server.,Allows connection to company email server Connect with company's site with confidence Securely control access,I have had issues where I need to reset it and I cannot do it without IT help to walk through the process,9,The ability to connect to my calendar and email while working remotely is a must for someone like me who travels frequently.MobileIron gets the job done!It was used by the whole organization that are customer facing because we had company phones. Sales, marketing, operations and engineering were the main functions that were using the application. The problem it addresses was to mainly preventing data leak and hacking. We used it for cloud security reasons.,I had to use the MobileIron app to log into any sensitive information (emails, contracts, etc). It was very easy to use, install, and configure. Managing the app was very simple.,I had trouble with Docs at work where it will ask me to log in multiple times through out the day where it was supposed to only be once a day.,9,I was an individual contributor so am not aware of the ROI - however, I know that my company didn't have to worry about security which was a plus.It's What's BestMobileIron is used enterprise wide at my current employer. We primarily use MobileIron to securely connect to our enterprise assets on our mobile tablets and phones. The primary uses include secure connections to email, access to intranet portals and sites, and access to intranet storage. Other uses allow for the editing and authoring documents stored on company storage.,MobileIron allows secure connections to work email. MobileIron makes it easy to connect and consume intranet information securely. MobileIron is easy to install and configure.,The implementation of MobileIron I have does not allow for biometric touch. Although setting up is easy, the screen instructions are lacking as you configure MobileIron on the device. The application is at time slow to open, especially when connected to a federated server.,9,MobileIron has made work while traveling extremely easy. MobileIron has allowed our sales force to easily work in the field and access the information they need. MobileIron has allowed for a very flexible work environment and now we can work from our phone when we don't have our PC available.,,Concur Travel and Expense, Microsoft Office 365, JabberGood product to assist with mitigating risk.We utilize the application on all associate mobile devices where they are would be accessing corporate networks, or information.,Financial/organizational viability Strong customer focus Strong services expertise,Pricing and contract flexibility (pricing and terms) Ability to understand our organization's needs,8,Reduced fraud risk.,Quick Base, Chrome River EXPENSE, Remote Desktop Manager, Microsoft Access, BlackLineMobileIron is a Trusted Security Platform for MobilityWe are a top tier partner of MobileIron and we have worked with more than 300 organizations to implement and manage the platform. MobileIron offers one of the industry's best mobile device management (MDM) solutions to enable improved security and manageability of mobile devices of any kind. MobileIron offers both on premise and hosted implementation options and they have been selected by some of the world's biggest brands in all industries.,Security Partner/Channel Friendly Manageability,Adding additional features to product,10,Customer stickiness Increased revenue Services attach,,Concur Travel and Expense
MobileIron

MobileIron Reviews

MobileIron
Filter 40 vetted MobileIron reviews and ratings
November 09, 2018

MobileIron Review: "Good background app to give access"

• Allows connection to company email server
  • Connect with company's site with confidence
  • Securely control access
  • I have had issues where I need to reset it and I cannot do it without IT help to walk through the process
It is generally a background type application so it doesn't seem to have a lot of scenarios that I can describe. The main scenario I would say is staying connected with my work email and calendar - the software is able to ensure that I can have access to those items while I'm away and it is done in a secure way.
October 25, 2018

User Review: "MobileIron gets the job done!"

• I had to use the MobileIron app to log into any sensitive information (emails, contracts, etc).
  • It was very easy to use, install, and configure.
  • Managing the app was very simple.
  • I had trouble with Docs at work where it will ask me to log in multiple times through out the day where it was supposed to only be once a day.
The MobileIron security feature was so important that even though there were a few kinks, it is still worth it to make the purchase. I never had any doubt if my documents/data will be leaked because they took extra steps to make sure the security is sound.
John Stepney profile photo
September 19, 2017

MobileIron Review: "It's What's Best"

• MobileIron allows secure connections to work email.
  • MobileIron makes it easy to connect and consume intranet information securely.
  • MobileIron is easy to install and configure.
  • The implementation of MobileIron I have does not allow for biometric touch.
  • Although setting up is easy, the screen instructions are lacking as you configure MobileIron on the device.
  • The application is at time slow to open, especially when connected to a federated server.
MobileIron makes it very easy to access company assets securely like email, access to portals and sites, access to storage, intranet web applications, and shared drives using company mobile devices or even "Bring Your Own Device". I imagine that it would not be as beneficial to access and log into servers or virtual servers due to potential lag issues.
Read John Stepney's full review
September 15, 2017

MobileIron Review: "Good product to assist with mitigating risk."

• Financial/organizational viability
  • Strong customer focus
  • Strong services expertise
  • Pricing and contract flexibility (pricing and terms)
  • Ability to understand our organization's needs
MobileIron is well suited for any enterprise looking to protect their corporate data/information. The application provides great support for wiping devices when lost or stolen, as well as ensuring proper measures are taken into account when accessing data over unsecured networks.
Jay Gordon profile photo
May 24, 2016

Review: "MobileIron is a Trusted Security Platform for Mobility"

• Security
  • Partner/Channel Friendly
  • Manageability
  • Adding additional features to product
MobileIron is focused on delivering security solutions for mobile devices, most notably, Apple iOS, Android and Windows 10.
Read Jay Gordon's full review
Dylan Taylor profile photo
August 19, 2015

User Review: "MobileIron - Solid and Simple"

The platform is being transitioned as the gateway to secure access for email and all internal mobile apps. MobileIron has been instrumental in making sure the registration process is as streamlined as possible. There is a dedicated support resource and it makes the implementation so much easier to evangelize.
  • AppTunneling - No more VPN and the experience is native to the user already.
  • Using Divide for containerization for the Android devices makes it easy to support the different variants of Android OS.
  • App management is a breeze.
  • Reporting should be easier than utilizing the Assemble tool.
  • There should be a way to establish access to a label only. The use case being you have a label that is your Sales Team and only specific Admins can see that label and its configuration.
  • Better administration of OS X hardware.
MobileIron is at its best when there is a dedicated support resource on premise. This is normally the reason there is disdain within the environment. The frustration stems from not having a viable resource to contribute to the progression of the environment.
Read Dylan Taylor's full review
Robert Stein profile photo
June 08, 2015

User Review: "MobileIron works for us."

We began using MobileIron when we became invoked in a broad rollout of mobile devices in our company, specifically iPhones and now iPads. We use it across the entire company, from field workers to office staff. Our main reasoning was for the security of company information on mobile devices. A secondary concern was distribution of apps and content, such as documents and integration with Exchange for push email.
  • The use of push email in a secure environment is especially important to our company. It has increased email use by field staff and gives another communications channel.
  • MobileIron security profiles have been a key component to our implementation. We can now enforce lock times to help secure the devices.
  • We have greater visibility into the devices, such as the ability to monitor data roaming, which is important for us since we are adjacent to Canada with high-powered towers.
  • We plan to implement a Content Management application that connects directly with MobileIron.
  • We have struggled with Docs@work, which is supposed to give us Content Management capability.
  • An added feature that would be helpful for us would to be able to add user designed fields, such as an asset tag column for inventory purposes.
I think that MobileIron is well suited to an environment with a strong IT capability, as it does require some considerable up-front configuration and ongoing maintenance, particularly regarding upgrades, which seem to be non-trivial.
Read Robert Stein's full review
Scott Burton profile photo
April 08, 2015

MobileIron Review: "Excellent product that toes the line between ease of use and functionality"

MobileIron was used for Regions Bank as a means to implement BYOD. At the time, BYOD was in its infancy and it was used as the MDM of choice. It provided the security policies the bank needed to keep the devices secure and also has ability to detect rooted or jailbroken devices and deny access to such devices.
  • The ability to customize device policy from the console
  • MobileIron's ability to detect rooted or jailbroken devices
  • Easily an intuitive console which makes learning MobileIron easy.
  • Some users claimed MobileIron caused increased battery drain due to it relying on location services on iPhone/iPad devices.
  • Some users were hesitant to use MI because they felt the company using it would use location services to track their location.
  • Additional accessibility functions for those who are visually impaired would be helpful. However, such support may be better left to the device maker instead of MobileIron.
I cannot think of any scenario where it is less appropriate. I currently work in the legal IT industry and formerly worked in the banking industry and MobileIron would work well for either industry. It provides a sufficient layer of security for the administrator and a level of transparency for the end user which they appreciate.
Read Scott Burton's full review
J.W. Hagan profile photo
February 25, 2015

Review: "MobileIron is the MDM of choice for me."

The software is used company wide for all employees with a mobile device. This is used for solely corporate owned devices which is all we support. This addresses all security concerns, related to HIPPA and other regulations. It allows us to wipe the device in the event it is lost or when an employee is terminated. It even helps us find a device when it is lost.
  • Security. We are able to wipe, erase, and locate the devices. We can control apps and email flow.
  • Compatibility. We are able to use almost any device that we want. Normally with all features enabled.
  • Support. 24 / 7 support. knowledgeable technicians, fast emergency response time.
  • I would like the Linux kernel to be unlocked and accessible to us for certain tasks.
  • Allow the VSP to be more customizable to show more data that I use and less data that I never use.
I feel that any company that issues mobile devices should use MobileIron. Regardless of the size it is a valuable tool that will enable you to safeguard your information. Using the product on virtual machines enables a relatively low startup cost with minimum physical overhead.
Read J.W. Hagan's full review
Ryan Thompson profile photo
December 30, 2014

User Review: "MobileIron Reccommendation"

We use MobileIron company-wide for mobile device management in a BYOD environment of iPhones and Android devices. MobileIron allows us to manage all of the devices securely from one location. We are able to remove sensitive information from a user's device without a full wipe in the event of termination or fully wipe the device in the event it is lost.
  • Secure email
  • Wipe device if lost
  • Remove email without wipe when needed
  • File share
  • Ease of setup for non-technical users
I have not come across specific scenarios MobileIron could not handle, though we are not using Mobile file-sharing. I would recommend researching if you will be.
Read Ryan Thompson's full review
Jamie Dickson profile photo
December 30, 2014

MobileIron Review: "Active Sync alone is not enough. Don't go it alone. You need an MDM."

We deployed MobileIron 2.5 years ago because of growing pressure toadd iOS devices as an option to our BlackBerry fleet. We use MI to secure and manage our iOS devices. We currenly manage 162 iOS devices across 5 offices. For us it allows us to secure our devices with a password, monitors jailbreaking and allows remote wiping. It gives us more flexibily and granularity than just Active Sync alone.
  • Make it very easy to apply different policies to different groups of people.
  • They support delivery of certificate based authentication. A must have my my opinion so users don't have to change network password on the device when they change their network password.
  • I'm not sure of weaknesses. I feel most of the issues we experience are because of limitation of Apple to allow access to certain functions or features we would like to control.
I feel that any company looking to support mobile devices needs an MDM to advance security and functionality.
Read Jamie Dickson's full review
Adam Kindberg profile photo
October 20, 2014

MobileIron Review: "Secure documents and protect the enterprise"

LogicalisUS had evaluated other mobility vendors and chose MobileIron because of their go to market strategy and their overall mobility solution. The ability for the MobileIron Application to be effective solving client business challenges like securing data and attachments through the Docs@work. It will prevent documents from being stored or shared outside of the enterprise like in a Dropbox or Box. The MobileIron application also allows organizations to distribute applications company wide and protect data at rest with the Apps@work inside the MobileIron secure container using AppTunnel and AppConnect.
  • Document Management
  • Platform option On-Premise or Cloud Solution
  • Application Management
  • Security for Android or iOS
  • I like to see MobileIron continue to improve security for devices.
Organizations that are the best fit are ones that have significant email document sharing or organizations who have internal applications like a CRM that Sales or other business units frequently access. Also, organizations that has users with multiple devices are a good fit. The best way to work with MobileIron is through a partner like LogicalisUS or attending a MobileIron webinar overview.
Read Adam Kindberg's full review
Chris Powell profile photo
June 06, 2014

User Review: "My views on MobileIron"

We are currently using MobileIron to manage our BYOD phones, primarily iPhones. We use it to enforce passwords, control mail flow along with contact & calendar synchronization with Lotus Notes. Currently, it is only the mobility department that uses the tool however, we are very close to rolling out Atlas to our help desks with reduced roles to allow allow them to wipe/retire users. We are also getting ready to launch self-provisioning through AD.
  • With 6.0.1 it allows us to make very specific filters to apply to labels. This makes it easier to manage our different AD groups and make sure that our process is automated.
  • MobileIron detailed very well what we need to do to ensure High Availability on our Sentry Servers and Disaster Recovery on our VSP. This sped up our process and we are now implementing HA.
  • We also like how easy it is to add apk files for Android application distribution. We use this in our test environment and it works very well for Android.
  • One of the things we would like to see with MobileIron is greater support or better PIM solutions that work with Lotus Notes. We know that it is a tall order but it is something that gives us the most trouble when trying to roll out Android devices with our BYOD program. As of now, we have yet to find a solution that works for our situation.
  • Another great functionality that could be of some great use would be the ability to remotely control devices or at least view their screens. I know that controlling screens is possible with other MDMs and it would be great to see it on MI as well.
We have very few complaints when it comes to MI. So far it has offered a great user experience and has been dependable. It handles our mail flow and synchronization well within iOS. If a company is looking for a solution that works with regular updates to their product and regular updates, then MobileIron is a great place to start.
Read Chris Powell's full review
Noel Adams profile photo
June 06, 2014

User Review: "MobileIron in a Nutshell"

We use MobileIron across our entire organization and manage about 6000 devices. It allows for a central management of iOS security and application management and reporting of devices that have been compromised. It allows us to more effectively manage our Apple devices and we are also able to manage other platforms such as Android (Samsung) and this saves us the cost of another solution to just manage those.
  • Easy management of Apple/Android devices
  • Offer a BYOD portal so that the end user can bring in their own device and not compromise your network
  • Security management of devices to ensure they comply with security guidelines.
  • Application Deployment, they can deploy apps but it just doesn't work as well as other vendors in my eyes.
  • User device tracking, It use to exist in previous iOS versions but apple took away that functionality so now we cannot track devices and Mobile Iron still hasn't offered a solution to fix this.
  • Reporting needs to be revamped, Running any report there usually has to be done though back end tools and no nice gui interface
  • Alerting and advanced alerting doesn't work as they advertised. You again have to use back end tools to accomplish this.
MobileIron is a great solution for the business world but I think they forget about the education environment. A lot of features that would be useful for the K-12 community just aren't there.
Read Noel Adams's full review
Randy Watkins profile photo
June 06, 2014

User Review: "MobileIron MDM Solution"

MobileIron is a land and expand product. It is usually purchased for a very specific BYOD use case, but is more widely deployed once the features are realized. They have done a great job at taking an infrastructure product, and tying security into it. I have implemented this product for hospitals to become HIPAA, and also in Colleges for both students and teachers.
  • MobileIron is much less intrusive than other MDM solutions, making the user acceptance level very high.
  • Administration is easy, with a great workflow through deployment and policy creation.
  • Advanced security features insure the mobile device is not the cause of data loss with features like Application Tunneling and Document Control.
  • I honestly don't see much room for improvement. I have installed MobileIron 10+ times, including some displacements of existing technologies, and I haven't run into many situations where I wasn't able to check every box of a customer.
MobileIron includes both on premise, and in cloud deployment options. Its very well suited for MDM, privacy, and BYOD Projects.
Read Randy Watkins's full review
May 31, 2016

"MobileIron review"

We manage 25K devices via MobileIron. Prior to MobileIron we were a Blackberry customer. MobileIron is being used for two purposes in separate environments. The first environment is for our airline and operational devices. These are non email enabled and only are used for our pilots for single app purposes. Our second environment holds the majority of our end users such as sales, field support and work force. These devices include email PIM, internal web browsing and applications. This configuration keeps our end users separate from the airline which is critical to running our business.
  • MobileIron provides a great security platform and it is easy to manage. We have tested many MDMs and we chose MobileIron because it was straight forward, easy and not confusing.
  • Device management provides a user friendly GUI for our technicians to support our end users. Everything that is needed is right there.
  • MobileIron keeps the admin console, email and web gateways separate so if there is an outage users will not be fully out of service. This is very important when you're supporting 20K+ users.
  • MobileIron in my view needs to manage their releases and updates better. There seems to be a disconnect on release dates, they appear random.
  • We would like to see more Windows support.
  • We would like MobileIron to include some services offered in Platinum licenses, offered in the lower end Gold.
MobileIron is suitable for most environments we've tested. It should fit most business needs.
April 08, 2015

Review: "MobileIron - Reliable Solid Mobile Device Management."

MobileIron is used to provide secure remote access to corporate email while ensuring end users are complying with corporate policies.
  • Provides excellent tools for detecting and insuring compliance with corporate policies.
  • Provides tools for escalating response for non-compliance.
  • Excellent support team backing a quality product.
  • Windows Mobile support needs improvement.
Is multiple mobile OS support key? MobileIron is the right choice. Is integration with Active Directory policies for configuration? Might require a bit of tuning/scripting.
June 03, 2014

"MobileIron Enterprise review"

It is used to manage all our mobile devices and is our only MDM tool. It addresses security concerns over BYOD. We need a secure Mobile platform to ensure our company's data is not compromised on a users device. MobileIron has worked well for this purpose. The default Active sync management tool in Exchange was not enough to meet our security needs
  • Updates are very frequent and address upcoming trends in mobile devices. We are never stuck waiting for MobileIron to address a major new issue in the mobile Device world
  • Customer support is very good. We had several onsite training sessions and our regional tech rep literally walked us through implementation of the product.
  • The Product itself is very good and very flexible, we are currently working very well with it
  • It is a fairly complicated product at first, you will need to dedicate time to properly implement it and learn how it works.
  • It needs built in AV/Malware detection, right now it can utilize 3rd parties for this feature and it snaps into the product but the 3rd parties are fairly expensive
  • The admin GUI could probably use some tweaks to make it easier but it has gotten better over the last few releases
It is well suited for any type of MDM management. I have found it very flexible and I'm able to give a very similar corporate experience to users regardless of the type of device they are using. It may be overkill for small companies or companies that have no need to secure devices. That is the only thing I can think of a scenario where it would not be appropriate.
June 06, 2014

MobileIron Review: "Consider this application when deploying to mobile solutions."

We used MobileIron for managing our mobile device's applications, security policies, and provisioning across the entire organization spanning multiple countries. MobileIron has been the solution used to address having multiple application for mobile provision, implementing new mobile security policies, and pushing out applications to user's mobile device(s).
  • Actively view real-time statistics of user's mobile devices such as location, OS versions, carrier, installed applications, and more.
  • The ability to segregate mobile devices or users based on the business unit or functions.
  • Integration with MS Active Directory is useful when defining group policies.
  • While the admin UI is good, MobileIron can use a revamp to make it easier for administrator to manage policies and groups.
MobileIron is ideal for any organization that needs to have a manageable mobile program. The system has different components that are useful to anyone wanting to deploy group and device policies. Make sure that you have a good account representative that has technical skills to assist or answer any questions during the selection process.

About MobileIron