Reviews (1-3 of 3)
MobileMonkey provides an automated Messenger chatbot service that can be used to respond directly to visitors on your Facebook business page via Facebook Messenger. It provides a free plan and features that allow you to communicate with engaged potential customers on created posts such as Facebook ads and help to build relationships and generate leads through interactive funnels.
- For small businesses on zero budget - provides a free.
- A Facebook group community with peers and experts helping each other.
- To integrate with a lot more business tools.
- Slow with development of new features.
Read Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc's full review
MobileMonkey is an excellent tool for those wanting to automate their communication on their Facebook business page and having zero knowledge on how to use Messenger and Chatbots. MobileMonkey provides plenty of education, training, and webinars on how to use its features. This tool is great no matter the size of your business, and indeed does help you to understand how to create messenger bots and flow that work for your business and customers.
I wanted to use a tool to help automate Facebook page messages. I found them through WordPress, installed the free plugin at first, and then upgraded to the 'Pro' version. Since then I have been using their system to create my messaging bots and integrate them into my Facebook page. Their product does work and there is great benefit to automated chat marketing. However, when a provider company, such as MobileMonkey, cares less about their paying customers and spam/call them to the point of pissing them off like they did with me, it's worth reconsidering if this is even worth it (in my opinion it isn't, because there are plenty of other solution providers in this space).
Read this authenticated review
They have a relatively large Facebook group/community which can be helpful for new marketers. Their product works well, although it is slow and full of unnecessary design elements. There are areas like "attributes" that you can't even get to unless you go through a series of unclear steps which isn't documented at all. It's obvious that they are pushing their customers to join their Facebook groups to have the community and their affiliates upsell them!
December 17, 2018
Score 5 out of 10
We're using MobileMonkey to engage users across our website and on our Facebook page. It's only monitored and used by the marketing team directly. We are trying to solve the engagement problem with our website - getting more people to engage, convert, and become customers. Especially within a services industry where people are not just buying a flat product, the sales cycle can be longer, it can take more to get people to raise their hand and especially as we move toward this customer driven approach, giving them the ability to easily raise their hand is key.
- Mobile onkey is fun on your facebook page - it delivers customizable chats to people based on what you put in and segments you build
- MobileMonkey can be placed on your website and not just your facebook page, which makes it a 2-1 product
- It uses Facebook software which everyone is familiar with as a basis to the platform, making it really easy to visitors to use.
- Integrations for lead gen -- right now there are no native integrations so while I can have the "semi AI" chat bot, I can't do a lot with the information it gathers from a prospect natively. I can try to use 3rd party integrations but it doesn't connect otherwise.
- It ONLY uses Facebook messenger -- that means if someone is on your site and they're not logged into Facebook, they won't see the chatbot at all -- there is no backup
- The reporting is pretty minimal, and it doesn't plug into anything else because of the lack of integrations.
Read this authenticated review
MobileMonkey would be great if you have a really strong social media presence and want to capitalize on people visiting your pages. It's great if you have a tech friendly audience who is not afraid to talk to a chatbot. If you have an audience where they might be uncomfortable or more of an "uptight" audience then it might not be fore you. It's also not great for heavy B2B if your focus is on high level targets as they're likely not logged in to Facebook at work. B2C is probably the best function for MobileMonkey, although it could be used to help field support messages.
MobileMonkey Scorecard Summary
MobileMonkey, headquartered in Boston, offers their social media messaging marketing tool to marketers and agencies, featuring chatbots, landing page creation, integration with social ads, and an emphasis on Facebook. They offer a free plan and a paid plan with more advanced features (e.g. bot analytics, drip campaigns, etc.). MobileMonkey acquired ChattyPeople to extend their chatbot building capabilities.
MobileMonkey Technical Details